Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Established Member Three Rings Ape Factory's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5/Infiniti QX70S stormtrooper

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by RRM707 View Post
    The open door chime drives me nuts! I bought the Ross VAGCOM tool specifically for this purpose, yet, still can't stop it.

Supposedly have to change the country code to Germany, but as of yet, still can't figure out how to do that.

2013 S5 Cabrio
    I hate it too. You do know you can cancel it by pushing the bottom button on the right stalk? I usually have to hit the button at least twice. Once never works. Ok adding that to the list!
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red, 20x10 Klassen ID M10/AWE Tuning Touring Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN Upper Control Arms/CR-15 reinforcement bar/ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines/Apikol Rear Diff Bushing/ECS rear diff inserts/ECS front end links/034 Motorsports subframe inserts/034 Rear End Links/Tranny insert/E-code head & tail lights/Black Lip Spoiler, Red Trim Start Button, black emblems/VCDS.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
    I hate it too. You do know you can cancel it by pushing the bottom button on the right stalk?
    Yes, thx, just trying to have it off automatically. I found exactly how to do it for the Audi Q, but not our 5s.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Yes, thx, just trying to have it off automatically. I found exactly how to do it for the Audi Q, but not our 5s.
    I saw your post over on A5oc as well and "bumped" it as I'd like to know too! Just mentioned it in case you weren't aware. But I'm with you, I'd like to kill it altogether.
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red, 20x10 Klassen ID M10/AWE Tuning Touring Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN Upper Control Arms/CR-15 reinforcement bar/ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines/Apikol Rear Diff Bushing/ECS rear diff inserts/ECS front end links/034 Motorsports subframe inserts/034 Rear End Links/Tranny insert/E-code head & tail lights/Black Lip Spoiler, Red Trim Start Button, black emblems/VCDS.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The open door chime drives me nuts! I bought the Ross VAGCOM tool specifically for this purpose, yet, still can't stop it.

Supposedly have to change the country code to Germany, but as of yet, still can't figure out how to do that.

2013 S5 Cabrio
    (press the button under the wiper stalk if you did not know)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Neil F View Post
    (press the button under the wiper stalk if you did not know)
    Thx, knew that, just trying to turn it off automatically.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

The fact that they still use a glued on back window on the convertible
    I've seen way too many audi convertibkes with a separating rear window

And the steering , like most audis, gives very little feedback
    But other than that I love my S5

Established Member Two Rings 6ixof1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2 bicycles

+1 on the drive by wire steering. The CR-15 helps that IMHO. I miss the hydraulic handbrake too but this is the best/coolest car I've ever owned.
    2014 Phantom Black Pearl S5, 6MT, Stassis RSB, Endlinks, CR-15, X-Brace, Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake,

Senior Member Two Rings T_Glass_27's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1988 Porsche 944S

Quote Originally Posted by SGR View Post
    #2.0T? #211HP??

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    My V8 S4 as well as my K04 A5. Im yet to have a B8.5 S5. Maybe I should?

Senior Member Four Rings HazeMyth's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by T_Glass_27 View Post
    My biggest complaint is lack of power! These cars look amazing but its embarrassing when a Mustang with bolt ons can blow your doors off...
    Don't really have that problem at altitude. N/A cars lose way more power up here than forced induction. Besides, it's never fair to compare a modded car to stock car. If you've got problems beating bolt on Mustangs, you can either wait until they crash into a crowd of people and then pass them, or add mods to your car to even the playing field.
    2013 Audi S5
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    2003 Evolution VIII (Cammed, etc)
    2004 Subaru STI - Stg. 2 (Sold)
    IG: @MrHazeMyth

Established Member Four Rings wkhanna's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    needs cleaned

my 2.0t A5 has injen intake, hfc, dp & dinan piggyback chip....

seat-of-pants dyno maybe 235hp.... enough to make me patient to step up to the apr tune, which will come at some point .....
    Last edited by wkhanna; 04-16-2018 at 11:02 AM. Reason: correct what auto-correct corrected......
    Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

2011 A5 2.0t coupe
    2012 A4 quattro 2.0t (The Wife's)
    1983 Porsche 944 (modified)
    1985 BWM K100RS (since new - Heavily Modified)
    1971 Moto Guzzi Ambassador

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by T_Glass_27 View Post
    My V8 S4 as well as my K04 A5. Im yet to have a B8.5 S5. Maybe I should?
    :D Haha you should definitely consider it. I donít think Iíve ever heard one person on this forum complain about the power of a tuned B8.5 S5 (or S4), including stage I. The low-end torque alone is probably one of the most gratifying things.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by HazeMyth View Post
    Don't really have that problem at altitude. N/A cars lose way more power up here than forced induction. Besides, it's never fair to compare a modded car to stock car. If you've got problems beating bolt on Mustangs, you can either wait until they crash into a crowd of people and then pass them, or add mods to your car to even the playing field.
    ^^Lmao

Established Member Three Rings Sazexa's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Scion FR-S

@HaZe, I worry about that often. I love my V8 S5, but, if I move out that way to Colorado soon, I worry I'm going to HATE the power loss in my daily driving. I live in CT, relatively close to the coast. In my home town the elevation is practically less than 30 feet above sea level averagely, and only around 45-50 feet above in my drive way. According to the MMI GPS anyways.
    034Motorsport: Control arms, intake tube, aluminum trans. brace and mount, rear sway bar, strut mounts || JHM: "solid" short throw shifter and shifter linkage || ST: "X" coilovers || K&N E-1987 air filter || RS style: center and foglight grilles || custom downpipe-back exhaust with A5 S-Line rear valence 4" tips || OEM 19" x 8.5" stock wheels powder-coated black with 15 front/20mm rear spacers

Veteran Member Four Rings JoshDub's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Sazexa View Post
    @HaZe, I worry about that often. I love my V8 S5, but, if I move out that way to Colorado soon, I worry I'm going to HATE the power loss in my daily driving. I live in CT, relatively close to the coast. In my home town the elevation is practically less than 30 feet above sea level averagely, and only around 45-50 feet above in my drive way. According to the MMI GPS anyways.
    JHM can probably help with that.
    The Awesomeô

AZ Member #

I'm around 6500ft above sea level. Funny thing, I actually can't drive my Evo to too low of an elevation without de-tuning it, unless I want to buy a new motor and turbo.
    2013 Audi S5

Established Member Three Rings Sazexa's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Scion FR-S

@Josh
    I don't have the tune yet, I plan on getting a JHM tune soon. Hopefully supercharging with their Stage 2 kit in before I move out there, or shortly after.

@HaZe
    That is kind of funny, actually. Must run good at that altitude though if it's dialed in that hard I'm assuming. Would it run too rich at a lower elevation? As I said above, I want to tune mine, but, ideally keep it within every-day, kind of go-anywhere limits lol

Unrealted, for some reason I can't quote posts anymore? It just gives me a spinning loading icon and doesn't ever do anything.
    034Motorsport: Control arms, intake tube, aluminum trans. brace and mount, rear sway bar, strut mounts || JHM: "solid" short throw shifter and shifter linkage || ST: "X" coilovers || K&N E-1987 air filter || RS style: center and foglight grilles || custom downpipe-back exhaust with A5 S-Line rear valence 4" tips || OEM 19" x 8.5" stock wheels powder-coated black with 15 front/20mm rear spacers

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

For me it would be the wind noise at highway speeds. The sunroof tilt (still use it just don't understand it). The B&O sound system, kinda weak but that can be changed and the steering feel, or lack of it. Other than that she is a fun daily.

Oh and the sunroof shade that broke after one day of ownership lol.

Active Member Two Rings Diesel S5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yeah the OEM steering wheel sucks on the B8... the steering wheel on my Ď13 GTI is superior in every way...

AZ Member #

@HaZe
    That is kind of funny, actually. Must run good at that altitude though if it's dialed in that hard I'm assuming. Would it run too rich at a lower elevation? As I said above, I want to tune mine, but, ideally keep it within every-day, kind of go-anywhere limits lol
    It's runs exceptionally well anywhere that we've driven it, which is between 4500 and 13k feet elevation. My fuel trims are very tightly tuned, so I'd likely be experiencing a leaning situation at low elevation, resulting in detonation, resulting in a popped motor. If the motor doesn't pop the turbo is popping, because you actually gain boost as you drop in elevation and the barometric pressure changes. Cars with EBC or boost pills wouldn't have that issue, but my Evo doesn't have either of those. If the motor or turbo doesn't go quickly, the transmission probably won't hold the power for too long. I'm pretty much capped out on power without adding more reinforcements to my transmission. I could very well drive it at lower elevations, but it wouldn't be safe until I dropped a few pounds of boost, reduced the fuel trims, and changed the fueling at startup. Or I could just drive it around under 3500 RPMs all day, but that kinda defeats the purpose of having that car. It's very boring when you're not using the boost.

It's still an every day go-anywhere car to my wife and I, but it's never left state borders. She actually commutes all the way to Denver with it. We prefer to fly if we're going over state borders. If we really had to be driving that far, we'd probably take the truck since the dog would want to come with us.
    2013 Audi S5

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Here's one that is also driving me nuts! My drivers side leather seat rubs against the centre console and I am constantly hearing this squeaky, leather rubbing noise. It is always touching the console , no matter how much I adjust the seat... AAAARRRGH!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhead View Post
    Here's one that is also driving me nuts! My drivers side leather seat rubs against the centre console and I am constantly hearing this squeaky, leather rubbing noise. It is always touching the console , no matter how much I adjust the seat... AAAARRRGH!
    Try a small piece of black felt (assuming your interior is black!) in that area and see if it helps. You could probably use a light grade non-residue 3M double sided tape to mount it. I don't currently have this issue on my car but I've had it on two others in the past and I fully understand the level of crazy it causes.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
    Try a small piece of black felt (assuming your interior is black!) in that area and see if it helps. You could probably use a light grade non-residue 3M double sided tape to mount it. I don't currently have this issue on my car but I've had it on two others in the past and I fully understand the level of crazy it causes.
    I got this and I use it all the time.
    When I'm passing wiring for car stereo, I wrap it in this stuff so it doesn't rattle against door panel
    I wrapped the pins that stick out from the windblocker, that goes into the rear side panels, so it doesnt vibrate
    Great stuff, a little pricey though :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15m-Car-Veh...daTkPt&vxp=mtr

Veteran Member Three Rings 01northernS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Mops@Nemesis View Post
    Mine was always how the sunroof seams/gutters hold water. If your window is down after a wash/rain, you and your door panel are gonna get soaked. I disliked the sunroof in the general. Not the functionality, but the fact it was there. Lol
    +1... so I started using a leaf blower
    2015 Audi S5 Coupe
    Technik | Mythos Black on Black | Black Optics | Carbon Interior Trim | Carbon Supercharged Badges | Miltek Resonated Sport Cat Back Exhaust W/Black Cerakote GT100's | DSG | ADS | Sport Diff | B&O | Pinnacle 30% Tint | H&R OE Sport Springs | 10F/15R H&R Spacers | 20"x9" Black Matte Rotors - 275/30 Continental DWS | 19"x9" Titanium Rotors - 255/35 Blizzak LM-32

Veteran Member Three Rings 01northernS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by HazeMyth View Post
    I don't experience the wind noise issues at all. The air is thin up here though where I'm at, so maybe that makes a difference.

I dislike the rattle you get while the sunroof is opened up. As much as I wish the sunroof would just open up all the way, At least it gets some fresh air in the car when you don't want the windows open. The rattle though...so bad.
    +1 on sunroof rattle and not opening... almost made me go purchase an S4 instead
    2015 Audi S5 Coupe
    Technik | Mythos Black on Black | Black Optics | Carbon Interior Trim | Carbon Supercharged Badges | Miltek Resonated Sport Cat Back Exhaust W/Black Cerakote GT100's | DSG | ADS | Sport Diff | B&O | Pinnacle 30% Tint | H&R OE Sport Springs | 10F/15R H&R Spacers | 20"x9" Black Matte Rotors - 275/30 Continental DWS | 19"x9" Titanium Rotors - 255/35 Blizzak LM-32

Active Member Three Rings kjeeper10's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Jeep Wrangler JK

Haha just noticed the door liner vibration. Its subtle but there.... thanks guys LOL
    2015 Audi S5, Daytona Grey Pearl, 6 speed, sport differential.
    Mods- Chipwerke Pro.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by 01northernS4 View Post
    +1... so I started using a leaf blower
    Yes sirrrrr!

Mops On The Move
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Use code Mops13 for 13% off your Adams Polishes order!

Established Member Two Rings MME1122's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Definitely the rattling. Rear shelf, sunroof, doors, dash. It's honestly disappointing in a premium car like this. I think it's worse than my friends 10 year old honda.
    I think there's a TSB for the rear shelf actually so I may talk to the dealer about. If not I'll dynamat it myself.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The horn does not work with the ignition off. Last week, a 100+ years old lady was backing out of a parking spot and heading straight for my car with me still sitting in it. I hit the horn in panic and nothing.,,, I jumped out of my car and banged on her trunk to stop her from moving. I was lucky I was there. Most cars in the world have a horn that works with the ignition off, why not Audi?

Established Member Three Rings PeteRock's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The stereo volume fluctuations when you turn the car on/off....

Figured out the settings to stop the fluctuations during reverse/parking but canít seem to figure out how to keep it programmed at the same volume through starts

Pete

Established Member Two Rings hamzahj's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    The horn does not work with the ignition off. Last week, a 100+ years old lady was backing out of a parking spot and heading straight for my car with me still sitting in it. I hit the horn in panic and nothing.,,, I jumped out of my car and banged on her trunk to stop her from moving. I was lucky I was there. Most cars in the world have a horn that works with the ignition off, why not Audi?
    Might have something to do with the battery being off, since everything in these cars is electric. Even the door locks are which I found odd

Senior Member Two Rings Hy Octane's Avatar
    AZ Member #

For me its the restricted view due to the high doorlines and low roof line and short windows... Its hard to see out of this car when you have been used to previous years designs. like the 94 S4 or the 2003 RS6 I had. Miss the tall windows and low beltlines they used to have..Also, I never have understood the reverse push/pull manual shifting for the auto boxes. Its counter intuitive to push the gearshift forward to upshift and pull back to downshift. Should be the other way around like most other cars have.. including racecars..
    2013 S5 Coupe S-Tronic| Monsoon Grey | Premium Plus | Black Nappa Interior | MMI Nav Plus Pkg | Sports Diff | B&O | Advanced Key | 19" Wheels | H&R OE Springs | H&R Wheel Spacers 15mmF/ 20mmR |

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Hy Octane View Post
    For me its the restricted view due to the high doorlines and low roof line and short windows... Its hard to see out of this car when you have been used to previous years designs.
    This is to make the car look more sporty. If you want more visual, get an econobox where they have windows for days. If you want sporty, unfortunately this is how the trend is going. Gone are the days where you get great views all around out of a sports car.

Veteran Member Four Rings old guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 A4. 2018 MB GLA250
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Hy Octane View Post
    For me its the restricted view due to the high doorlines and low roof line and short windows...
    Have you sat in a new Camaro? It feels like you are looking out of a gun slot in some dungeon.
    A4 Motoza tuned Frankenturbo F21L mixed flow turbo / Bosch 550's / 3" MAF / TyrolSport SMIC / 034 HFC / TT 2.5" DP / Borla Exhaust / Eibach ProKit Springs / Koni Yellows / H-Sport Sway Bars / TyrolSport Brake Stiffeners / HyperShift Short Shifter / Podi
    A5 Mods to come: Little stuff so far. 20/25mm spacers / H&R OE Sport springs / 35% tint / Neuspeed Power Module / black window trim / RS grille.

Active Member Two Rings Diesel S5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhead View Post

Is that what the fucking squeak is...? Annoying...

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Yea pisses me off. Which seats do you have. I have the comfort and I assumed they were a little wider and I am not skinny. I have been considering putting a swatch of something to hopefully stop it

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by gqambitions View Post
    The wind noise at high speeds and the tilt only function on the sunroof
    Agree 100%
    2015 []RS 5
    Stock: 4.2 FSI Coupe | Panther Black Crystal | Black Interior | Sport Exhaust
    Packages: Driver Assist | Tech | Matte Aluminum | Red Brake Calipers
    Mods: H&R Sport Springs | ECS 10mm/12.5mm Spacers | Eurocode Alu Kreuz | Rear eCodes | Eventuri Intake & Manifold

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    More and more cars don't allow the horn to work with the ignition off. My 2017 Jeep is the same way. Not sure why, but maybe because of CAN-BUS systems.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123