Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

WTB: RS4, black interior, <55k miles, no issues. $35k burning a hole in my pocket!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    What the title says! Closer to NE Ohio the better.

Will consider all colors, but prefer black. No accidents, recent carbon clean, good brakes, DRC in good shape or coilovers. Looking for a reliable daily.

Will pay for the right car, no lowballs. Send me a PM.

Thanks,
    Josh

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

You're in luck....just popped up on Carguru's

Try Mancuso Motorsports in Chicago. They have a Phantom Black with 51k miles. Milltek exhaust, Euro FBSW and carbon clean at 41k miles. Asking $35.8.

Looks nice, obviously enthusiast owned with those mods.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny147 View Post
    You're in luck....just popped up on Carguru's

Try Mancuso Motorsports in Chicago. They have a Phantom Black with 51k miles. Milltek exhaust, Euro FBSW and carbon clean at 41k miles. Asking $35.8.

Looks nice, obviously enthusiast owned with those mods.
    Yep saw that last week and was talking with the salesman. A bit bummed about the condition of the wheels given their price. May circle back to that one, but it's a 5 hour drive so hoping to snag one closer. Appreciate the heads up.

AZ Member #

I didnt look at the wheels but bear in mind, the wheels you can refurb for $500, the milltek and euro wheel are around $2.5k-3.5k depending on exhaust valves or not.

RS4ís with less than 80k are becoming less and less easy to find. Good luck.

AZ Member #

I didnt look at the wheels but bear in mind, the wheels you can refurb for $500, the milltek and euro wheel are around $2.5k-3.5k depending on exhaust valves or not.

RS4ís with less than 80k are becoming less and less easy to find. Good luck.
    Noted. Good points.

Not sure the Euro wheel though is a positive for me. It looks awesome but am I right that you lose the button functionality?

AZ Member #

Yeah, youíll lose the ability to adjust the volume, station, etc on the head unit, from the steering wheel. But to be honest, I donít think that really matters. I think the Euro wheel looks better and feels better......just a personal opinion, though.

AZ Member #

Yeah, youíll lose the ability to adjust the volume, station, etc on the head unit, from the steering wheel. But to be honest, I donít think that really matters. I think the Euro wheel looks better and feels better......just a personal opinion, though.
    Hmm, this is what the salesman just wrote me:

As far as the steering wheel goes, the steering wheel came stock on this car.. It is fully functional, the previous owner told me that only about 1000 were made with this steering wheel sent to the states.

I take it he is clueless?

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi Q5 3.0T Premium Plus
    Items for Sale

Steering wheel on that car is the Euro wheel. Not standard on ANY US-spec RS4. Previous owner installed it. You can always swap it out with a wheel from TT-RS or any other thicker FBSW. Milltek is a crap exhaust. It rusts like crazy. The car is sitting pretty low though. Not sure if it has aftermarket suspension or failed DRC. It's sitting lower than my RS4 with Ohlins coils.
    2007 Audi RS4 - Daytona Grey - OEM+

2014 Audi Q5 3.0T Premium Plus - Monsoon Grey - EPL Stage 2

AZ Member #

That's what I thought. Regarding suspension, failed DRC. More info from the dealer:

The car is currently in service at the moment, we noticed some of the suspension having issues, and decided to buy new Bilstein suspension for it, one of the best Suspension kits you can buy.
    As far as the inspection goes, I'm not opposed to it, however I know that these shops are going to tear the car apart and try to make a lot of money the car, that being said I could have the service shop that the car is currently at, go through it thoroughly and give you a report.

The fact that two weeks ago he told me the recall had been completed and the DRC was in good shape and now it's getting coilovers makes me weary. That and the fact he is opposed to a PPI.

I'm moving on from this car. I'd rather buy from a private party that knows the history. Would love it to be someone on here.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by jmann2380 View Post
    That's what I thought. Regarding suspension, failed DRC. More info from the dealer:

The car is currently in service at the moment, we noticed some of the suspension having issues, and decided to buy new Bilstein suspension for it, one of the best Suspension kits you can buy.
    As far as the inspection goes, I'm not opposed to it, however I know that these shops are going to tear the car apart and try to make a lot of money the car, that being said I could have the service shop that the car is currently at, go through it thoroughly and give you a report.

The fact that two weeks ago he told me the recall had been completed and the DRC was in good shape and now it's getting coilovers makes me weary. That and the fact he is opposed to a PPI.

I'm moving on from this car. I'd rather buy from a private party that knows the history. Would love it to be someone on here.
    Good call. The fact you can't have your own PPI done is a huge red flag.
    Glut / Capristo / Baby Seats

AZ Member #

Thatís the usual salesman bollocks. No one in their right mind should buy an RS4 without doing a PPI with an independent party. I donít necessarily agree with his comment about tearing it apart to make money. When I bought mine, I told the shop doing the PPI to ďthink of it as your carĒ. I ended up with a list of things in decreasing importance. Some needed doing straight away, others I waited on. He just wants you to have less leverage.

In 30 years of owning cars, Iíve yet to find a car salesman that wasnít full of $hit. Good idea to move on.
    Last edited by Kenny147; 04-09-2018 at 03:26 PM.

AZ Member #

In 30 years of owning cars, Iíve yet to find a car salesman that wasnít full of $hit. Good idea too move on.
    Touchť, I'd rather buy this car from an owner on here anyway and give them the dealership profit.

AZ Member #

Touchť, I'd rather buy this car from an owner on here anyway and give them the dealership profit.
    I don't think many on here would argue with that and in the long run you'll be better off. Although you might have to be a little patient. It's worth it though, to find a good one; Any number of things on an RS4 can seem small and inexpensive at first and then like a swift kick to the nuts, end up spanking your wallet. A case in point.....I had a small oil leak develop..not much, about the size of a quarter after I parked the car in the garage. Took the bumper off last week to get the headlight ballasts refurbed (don't ask) and had a look around to see where the oil was coming from. I'm not sure but I have a feeling it's probably one of the O-rings between the block and the small oil cooler. Can you get it out easily? F&*k no...I have this really bad feeling it's a bumper off, rads and fans out, alternator out and then oil cooler out job!

Anyway, Best of luck with your search.

AZ Member #

Anyway, Best of luck with your search.
    Thanks man, I'm in no real rush. Driving around a Focus RS now but just wanting something with a bit more soul and more comfortable for a daily. Then pickup a track/weekend car.

Good luck on getting your ride all fixed up.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Have a look at mine. Let me know if this will interests you?

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-Blue-2008-RS4

2014 Range Rover Autobiography
    2011 Porsche Carrera S
    2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
    2008 Audi RS4

Veteran Member Four Rings RAudi Driver's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Just a heads up Mancuso is a shady dealership. Just Google them
    Keyboard is on its way out. Please ignore any grammatical errors.

Veteran Member Four Rings RAudi Driver's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Thanks man, I'm in no real rush. Driving around a Focus RS now but just wanting something with a bit more soul and more comfortable for a daily. Then pickup a track/weekend car.

Good luck on getting your ride all fixed up.
    Ford Focus RS. Man those little cars are fast. I can't get over how uncomfortable those seats are though. Do you find them uncomfortable?
    Keyboard is on its way out. Please ignore any grammatical errors.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 8202632 View Post
    Have a look at mine. Let me know if this will interests you?

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-Blue-2008-RS4
    Iíll keen in mind but prefer to spend a bit more for less miles. Mugello is also a bit down on my list of colors. Thx though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RAudi Driver View Post
    Just a heads up Mancuso is a shady dealership. Just Google them
    Appreciate the confirmation. I wasnít getting a good feeling.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RAudi Driver View Post
    Ford Focus RS. Man those little cars are fast. I can't get over how uncomfortable those seats are though. Do you find them uncomfortable?
    Yeah between the seats and the ride itís pretty rough when youíd not driving at 9/10ths. Luckily I only have a 20 min commute on backroads so I drive rather spirited and the fun makes up for it. My wife on the other hand refuses to ride in it lol. One of the main reasons of looking for an RS4.

AZ Member #

Something else, I thought I'd mention, from personal experience..... Phantom Black looks mean as hell with the wide arches and already aggressive stance of the RS4 but..it is a complete b!tch to keep looking good. Just look at it and you'll have swirl marks. If you're even the slightest bit OCD and dare I say it, obsessed about your cars, it may drive you into an early grave.

Mugello without the silver interior seems to be a pretty rare combo to find on a good car.

AZ Member #

Something else, I thought I'd mention, from personal experience..... Phantom Black looks mean as hell with the wide arches and already aggressive stance of the RS4 but..it is a complete b!tch to keep looking good. Just look at it and you'll have swirl marks. If you're even the slightest bit OCD and dare I say it, obsessed about your cars, it may drive you into an early grave.
    Well unfortunately and probably much to my chagrin, I think I'm going to look for only a black car. That's the color that really does it for me on the RS4. And really any other car lol. My Focus RS is black, my Raptor was black... I just can't get away from it!

This one would have been perfect and only 90 min from me, DAMMIT, why couldn't I have been looking last year: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2007-audi-rs4-10/

The only other color I think I'd consider for the right example is Sprint Blue.

AZ Member #

Did you see this one? https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...0742/overview/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Audizine mobile app
    2007 Audi RS4 Lava Gray
    2015 Mustang GT PP Competition Orange
    2018 Sierra 1500 Denali

Past: B8.5 S4, 981 Cayman, MK7 GTI, e46 323Ci

Veteran Member Four Rings b6bydesign04's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by CarterRuss View Post

I think he mentioned he's looking for a no accident car. From the Carfax on that one:

04/22/2012
    Illinois
    Damage Report
    Accident reported
    Involving rear impact
    -Sean
    2008 RS4 | Suzuka Gray/Exclusive Interior | Ti | KW| Milltek | Apikol | 034

F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by CarterRuss View Post

I did, but it has a light interior. No go with a kid on the way! Also an accident which was probably a dealbreaker for me anyway.

Thanks for the heads up though.

AZ Member #

Not going to provide much help in your search but am curious where in NE Ohio you are? I just bought another RS4 (Ibis White!) with low miles 2 weeks ago after owning one a few years back and am in the Strongsville area. Could potentially be fun to meet up at a local cars and coffee event or something!

There was a black RS4 in Columbus for sale on here but i think he just sold it last week. Be patient and good luck!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by B6UltraSport View Post
    Not going to provide much help in your search but am curious where in NE Ohio you are? I just bought another RS4 (Ibis White!) with low miles 2 weeks ago after owning one a few years back and am in the Strongsville area. Could potentially be fun to meet up at a local cars and coffee event or something!

There was a black RS4 in Columbus for sale on here but i think he just sold it last week. Be patient and good luck!
    I'm in Streetsboro, so not too far at all! I'm down for a meet up once I get a car.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I did, but it has a light interior. No go with a kid on the way! Also an accident which was probably a dealbreaker for me anyway.

Thanks for the heads up though.
    Might be willing to swap my black seats for the white, if that's an option.
    Glut / Capristo / Baby Seats

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMarkie View Post
    Might be willing to swap my black seats for the white, if that's an option.
    Thanks, appreciate the offer, but I'd rather have an original car.

AZ Member #

I'm in Streetsboro, so not too far at all! I'm down for a meet up once I get a car.
    Not far at all! I plan to attend a few cars and coffee events in the Cleveland area this season, it would be fun to meet up. Keep me posted. My car has Ohlin coilovers and a Tubi exhaust if/when you start shopping for mods and want to check them out. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a local RS4 for you.

Senior Member Two Rings erjavic32's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have a 2007 Sprint Blue with just under 43 or 44k miles. It does currently have Stassis MS Coilovers on it. They were rebuilt about 4K miles ago. I do have the original suspension. Original suspension lines were left in tact. I also have a stage 3r JHM slutch with LWFW as well as Stoptech Aero 2-Piece Rotors with 8k miles roughly. I did keep the original rotors but the would need new front rings. I have HRE C103 wheels as a second set of wheels. I am the second owner and have owned it since 2009 after the original owner put roughly 10K miles on it. I own it outright and live in Canfield, Ohio. I love this car and it would be hard for but I'd definitely consider $42,000 with the stock wheels. I've posted pictures in the past that surely can be found with a search.
    2007 Sprint Blue RS4, HRE C93, JHM Stage 4 Clutch, JHM LWFW, Stasis Motorsports, 034 Trans Mount, Apikol Diff Mount (blue), Stoptech Slotted Aero Rotors, Pads, SS Lines

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by erjavic32 View Post
    I have a 2007 Sprint Blue with just under 43 or 44k miles. It does currently have Stassis MS Coilovers on it. They were rebuilt about 4K miles ago. I do have the original suspension. Original suspension lines were left in tact. I also have a stage 3r JHM slutch with LWFW as well as Stoptech Aero 2-Piece Rotors with 8k miles roughly. I did keep the original rotors but the would need new front rings. I have HRE C103 wheels as a second set of wheels. I am the second owner and have owned it since 2009 after the original owner put roughly 10K miles on it. I own it outright and live in Canfield, Ohio. I love this car and it would be hard for but I'd definitely consider $42,000 with the stock wheels. I've posted pictures in the past that surely can be found with a search.
    Sent you a PM.

AZ Member #

Still looking. erjavic32 sent me some pics and his car is in amazing condition, but he's firm on $42k and that's bit too much for me at the moment.

Anyone else?