Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by BWilson View Post
    If I remember correctly it was around $250.00.
    $250 for removing the muffler, or with tips as well?
    C7 A6 3.0T, APR Stage 2++

Dragy verified times:
    0-60mph 3.32s
    1/4 mile 11.46s @120.07mph

Established Member Two Rings BWilson's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    $250 for removing the muffler, or with tips as well?
    Not including the cost of tips. They installed the straight pipes and tips for $295.00. I know it seemed a little high. They charged me 1.5 hrs of labor $150.00, adapters to install the tips $30.00, 2 straight pipes $80.00, shop fees $13.00, disposal fee $4.00 and tax. A rip off ! If I looked around I'm sure it could have been done much cheaper.
    Last edited by BWilson; 05-09-2018 at 11:55 AM.
    2014 A6 Premium Plus - 19" HRE FF01 - H&R Sport Springs - EPL Stage 2 - SC Pulley - Injen CAI

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by siyman4 View Post
    I definitely agree that it could be better but for the price difference between doing a muffler cut out and a full catback its worth it imo. How much did your shop cost to do the initial muffler cutout?
    Any recommendations on catback system? What do they cost?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jrp916 View Post
    Any recommendations on catback system? What do they cost?
    AWE Touring is really nice but expensive...around $2,000.00. There's also OBX ...sold on eBay and Amazon for around $700.00. For the money some say that OBX fits and sounds good.
    2014 A6 Premium Plus - 19" HRE FF01 - H&R Sport Springs - EPL Stage 2 - SC Pulley - Injen CAI

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Bumping this thread. I'm thinking about adding two vibrant ultra quiet resonators to eliminate the drone I currently have. To refresh everyone's memory, I have deleted the 2 baby resonators and just did 2.5" straight pipe to custom x-pipe to 2.5" Magnaflow mufflers. Where in this setup would I install the vibrant resonators? After the X-pipe and before the mufflers? What happens if I just eliminate the magnaflow mufflers and replace them with the vibrants?

https://www.amazon.com/Vibrant-1141-...uiet+resonator
    2014 Audi A6 Premium Plus | EPL Stage 2 | Injen Intake | 20" Nissan M117 | H&R Sport Springs | Custom Exhaust | 20% Tints | Vagcom mods

Established Member Two Rings GID's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I plan on doing something similar. There's a YouTube video of another A7 with vibrants as mufflers. Sounds great

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    2016 A7 - Dakota Gray

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by GID View Post
    I plan on doing something similar. There's a YouTube video of another A7 with vibrants as mufflers. Sounds great

Do you have a link to this video?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2014 Audi A6 Premium Plus | EPL Stage 2 | Injen Intake | 20" Nissan M117 | H&R Sport Springs | Custom Exhaust | 20% Tints | Vagcom mods

AZ Member #

No one? Guess I値l be the guinea pig for this lol I値l first install these before the magnaflow mufflers somewhere and see how they sound and then I値l try replacing the mufflers with these.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfiniti View Post
    No one? Guess I値l be the guinea pig for this lol I値l first install these before the magnaflow mufflers somewhere and see how they sound and then I値l try replacing the mufflers with these.

Please post a sound clip when completed.

AZ Member #

Sorry for the late reply. https://youtu.be/2no7iyAZxGE

2016 A7 - Dakota Gray

AZ Member #

Any updates?

2016 A7 - Dakota Gray

Active Member Two Rings porksoda's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by gdawg'05a4 View Post
    Stock exhaust with the suitcase muffler removed.
    Yes...Removed suitcase muffler and replaced with straight pipe.

So we can get that sound by just removing the central (suitecase) muffler and keeping the existing xpipe? It is as others have said best bang for the buck.
    What about the two resonators upstream from the suitecase muffler?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by porksoda View Post
    So we can get that sound by just removing the central (suitecase) muffler and keeping the existing xpipe? It is as others have said best bang for the buck.
    What about the two resonators upstream from the suitecase muffler?
    Yes, but for some it's still not enough. I'm not sure what the results would be if the two resonators were removed.

Established Member Two Rings Laserrs's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Any chance of getting 2 videos, one in the car driving normal and acceleration, and a second outside the car of full throttle?
    2014 A6 3.0t Prem Plus Ice Silver/Black 19" sport Vag Com

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Laserrs View Post
    Any chance of getting 2 videos, one in the car driving normal and acceleration, and a second outside the car of full throttle?
    Sorry...that was the only sound clip I recorded.

AZ Member #

Sorry...that was the only sound clip I recorded.
    I may try this, what is the sound quality/improvement in the cabin?

AZ Member #

For everyone asking about this I've done this mod and I'll give you a little more information about.

My car sounds exactly like bwilson's and all I had done was replacing the center muffler with two straight pipes. If you want more sound you could remove the resonators but you would most likely encounter drone issues.

I'll try to get some sound clips from inside of the cabin but just so you know there is little sound improvement even with the windows down.

I've been told however from the outside it sounds pretty good for only being a few hundred dollars.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

What about keeping the baby resonators, replacing the suitcase muffler with a magnaflow and taking out the rear mufflers? I did that on my 2.0t a4 and it sounded great, not really that loud either. I知 tempted to do it in my a6, little worried it壇 be too loud with the 3.0t, hoping someone else may have some results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I値l be curious to how this sounds. Because sounds like just deleting the center muffler isn稚 going to do a whole lot.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by siyman4 View Post
    For everyone asking about this I've done this mod and I'll give you a little more information about.

My car sounds exactly like bwilson's and all I had done was replacing the center muffler with two straight pipes. If you want more sound you could remove the resonators but you would most likely encounter drone issues.

I'll try to get some sound clips from inside of the cabin but just so you know there is little sound improvement even with the windows down.

I've been told however from the outside it sounds pretty good for only being a few hundred dollars.
    Thanks for the input. I was getting ready to do this.....so under normal driving it sounds close to stock right??

AZ Member #

What about keeping the baby resonators, replacing the suitcase muffler with a magnaflow and taking out the rear mufflers? I did that on my 2.0t a4 and it sounded great, not really that loud either. I知 tempted to do it in my a6, little worried it壇 be too loud with the 3.0t, hoping someone else may have some results

from what i have read and heard, the two resonators reduce the drone. So if you straight pipe the suitcase and leave stock xpipe you may get decent results, at this point you can change the stock mufflers too to get the sound you want!

For me i just want a bit of more sound so ill start with suitecase with straight pipes.

[ edit ]
    - I did: Removed both mufflers and left suitcase in. LOTS of drone and very loud for me and i did not like it at all...

- Then: I removed the suitecase and put in straight pipes, i like this a lot. You can hear it when you gas it otherwise little to no drone and it is pretty stealthy. I will do some videos.

[ / edit ]
    Last edited by porksoda; 06-15-2018 at 05:45 PM.

Veteran Member Three Rings Gallep's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Q7 3.0T, 2012 A6 3.0T

Quote Originally Posted by porksoda View Post
    from what i have read and heard, the two resonators reduce the drone. So if you straight pipe the suitcase and leave stock xpipe you may get decent results, at this point you can change the stock mufflers too to get the sound you want!

For me i just want a bit of more sound so ill start with suitecase with straight pipes.

[ edit ]
    - I did: Removed both mufflers and left suitcase in. LOTS of drone and very loud for me and i did not like it at all...

- Then: I removed the suitecase and put in straight pipes, i like this a lot. You can hear it when you gas it otherwise little to no drone and it is pretty stealthy. I will do some videos.

[ / edit ]
    Any update on these vids?
    Previous
    USP B6 A4

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Gallep View Post
    Any update on these vids?
    Sorry, took me a while almost a month.

Here are the videos. Only modification currently i have is the Injen CAI.

Before:

After:

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

This sounds good, but I want to try the opposite, anyone remove only both the rear mufflers?

Senior Member Two Rings goliath1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    custom built softail

Just my 2c....
    I have followed all these different exhaust threads and no one has found the silver bullet...louder sound and no drone. And spending thousands of shekels for aftermarket exhausts seems over the top. I have the OEM sport exhaust which has a nice rumble at start up and quiets down in a couple of minutes. I can hear the exhaust inside the car at WOT but I am not sure if it is the actual sound or something generated By Audi 吐eatures. But I like the sound it makes..not too much...seems just right. It certainly is a personal taste for sure.
    2016 S6 Mythos Black Metallic, B&O Sound, Sport Package, Driver Assistance, Comfort Seating, Black Optics, Audi Exclusive Interior.

My wife said its golf or her, gosh I'll miss her!!

AZ Member #

Just did the X pipe to my S4, I知 really impressed with this simple mod. It quite a bit louder than stock and I知 pretty surprised guys aren稚 satisfied with it .

2014 Audi S4 Estoril Blue Premium Plus B&O Black Optic

AZ Member #

This sounds good, but I want to try the opposite, anyone remove only both the rear mufflers?
    In my second video i have a clip of ONLY the rear mufflers removed and straight piped, it was too loud and too droney, did not like it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by goliath1 View Post
    Just my 2c....
    I have followed all these different exhaust threads and no one has found the silver bullet...louder sound and no drone. And spending thousands of shekels for aftermarket exhausts seems over the top. I have the OEM sport exhaust which has a nice rumble at start up and quiets down in a couple of minutes. I can hear the exhaust inside the car at WOT but I am not sure if it is the actual sound or something generated By Audi 吐eatures. But I like the sound it makes..not too much...seems just right. It certainly is a personal taste for sure.
    That's normal on startup, the rumble, it has been like that since new. I tired muffler removal and i put the oem back and removed the middle only and its PERFECT for my personal taste.
    Audi does not have any fake exhaust sounds through stereo like bmw has been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Quattro View Post
    Just did the X pipe to my S4, I知 really impressed with this simple mod. It quite a bit louder than stock and I知 pretty surprised guys aren稚 satisfied with it .
    C7 here so i think the OEM exhaust is tuned a bit differently, and we have an OEM xpipe already.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I知 confused, what is the vibrant exhaust solution? Has anyone here done that? Jayfiniti were you going to that?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123