Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

What have you done to your B9 S4 today?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I did the same thing this weekend :) EBay gril...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    18 S4, 18 Q5

Quote Originally Posted by 303 Spartan View Post
    For what it's worth, I have basically no experience with the B9 and after reading your post I spent considerable time trying to figure out what you were even talking about covering up. I finally realized it was the reflector in the bumper, only after looking at a picture of a B9 that didn't have the side marker covered.

So I'd say, if it looks that good in real life, there is absolutely no need to change it. I surely would have never noticed it.
    I never changed it. Even in the sun it's hard to notice. If it ever starts looking ratty, I'll just reapply a new piece.

Quote Originally Posted by will13k7 View Post
    washed it. used a super glossy Si02 detail spray mix afterwards.
    The ech2o / reload one? That is a nice mix.

Veteran Member Four Rings will13k7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Diokhan View Post
    The ech2o / reload one? That is a nice mix.
    that's the one! still goggling at the gloss levels after using it.

AZ Member #

Eventuri intake install Thanks to Will for the sound clips and Mops for getting it to me so quickly. The sound is intoxicating

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Aren't you guys concerned to change some components without proper tune being loaded?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Nox05 View Post
    Eventuri intake install
    haha, nice!

Quote Originally Posted by skirch View Post
    Aren't you guys concerned to change some components without proper tune being loaded?
    not for an intake. a downpipe is a different story though.

AZ Member #

The intake would change the air-fuel ratio. More air would normally bring more hp with a proper tune. Its like running a bypass valve or bov on a turbo setup, it screws with the air fuel mixture so you drive lean in between shifts. The ecu doesnt know about all that extra air coming in. Its not like changing a drop in k&n air filter that changes the sound a bit.

I must be on the more paranoid side of the house on such things. I've had my share of engine swaps and a blown engine. That's more likely why I'm personally eager to make a move with a tune going with it. Of course its less of a big deal than changing a downpipe but still.

Sounds great though! I would love to add to the sound factor to my s4. I should not have test drove a c43 amg during my decision making. I still miss the amg performance exhaust and all that crazy backfire sounds from a factory setup.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

washed it. used a super glossy Si02 detail spray mix afterwards.
    Are you ceramic coated? Or do you use this on top of waxed/sealed surfaces? Iíve been looking into these sprays, just not sure which one to try. My car is sealed and waxed with Butter Wax.

Jason

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by Nox05 View Post
    Eventuri intake install Thanks to Will for the sound clips and Mops for getting it to me so quickly. The sound is intoxicating

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    So glad to hear you're pleased, Dwight. 👍🏼
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jkeith72 View Post
    Are you ceramic coated? Or do you use this on top of waxed/sealed surfaces? Iíve been looking into these sprays, just not sure which one to try. My car is sealed and waxed with Butter Wax.
    This car is coated with nanolex si3d, which is glossy, but using a topper just takes it to the next level. For this car, I've used nanolex sifinish and carpro reload, can't really say which one is better, both are good. My two other cars just have hydrosilex recharge on them and that is it, which is great, better than waxes and sealants I've used (adams, chemical guys), but it's not as good as a full ceramic coating. It works well enough alone that I haven't been motivated to coat the other cars even though I have a bottle sitting on the shelf.

AZ Member #

The intake would change the air-fuel ratio. The ecu doesnt know about all that extra air coming in.
    I must be on the more paranoid side of the house on such things.
    definitely good to be skeptical and paranoid. From what I've read and heard over the years, modern cars have a MAP or MAF sensor and know how much air is coming in so they can adjust fuel and timing accordingly. I haven't heard of an intake causing conditions that can't be accounted for by a ecu. I'm not an expert though, not even close! lol.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    18 S4, 18 Q5

a downpipe is a different story though.
    Of course its less of a big deal than changing a downpipe but still.
    Sorry to sound like such a noob, but why would changing the downpipe be a big deal without a proper tune? Would it make a difference if it was a high-flow cat vs no cat?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Diokhan View Post
    Sorry to sound like such a noob, but why would changing the downpipe be a big deal without a proper tune? Would it make a difference if it was a high-flow cat vs no cat?
    this was a reply for the 8v s3, but seems applicable:

Quote Originally Posted by Excelerate Rep View Post
    You can get away with running the downpipe on these cars without a tune for a little while and you will notice a bump in power due to the ECU compensating and the restriction significantly reduced. But these are torque based managements systems that solely rely on a model that determines volumetric efficiency of the engine. Now that you changed the downpipe and increased the engines volumetric efficiency, this model now changes significantly. Instead of just turning off some of these parameters APR goes through each one to make sure everything works nicely with each other. Reasons like this are why I don't recommend running the downpipe without the proper tune. We have seen some lean running conditions without changing the software.

Thanks,

Greg

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    18 S4, 18 Q5

I guess that makes sense, thanks for posting that

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    18 S4, 18 Q5

What did I do today? Road paint removal! Not my idea of fun. I wish I was posting about some new do-dad

There was some sort of large white paint spill that covered multiple lanes for maybe 1/10 mile or so. Hard to judge, but it was a decent length. The DOT had a crew working on the cleanup. I tried to avoid it as best I could before having to exit, but still got it fully in the wheel wells, under the sill blades, and some on the lower part of the paint near the wheels; worse on the right side than the left. There also were tiny white dots all over the back half and sides of the car. I'm not sure if it's related or not, but they had signs up this morning stating that part of the road was closed.

Last evening it was a cold 45 degrees and a light drizzle. I'm sure my neighbors thought I lost my marbles for washing the car in that kind of weather. I wish I would have taken a picture of that before it got too dark. I unwinterized the power washer and gave the car a good rinse and that did nothing for the paint splatter. The brunt of the work was done with Carpro Tar-x and a Rag Company jersey bug scrubber. It was soft enough to not trash the paint, but firm enough to help scrub loose the paint. The two worked well. After I had all of it broke free and removed what I could, I worked on the wheel wells. The white tip was worthless for that, so I stepped to the green, and then ultimately the yellow. I was able to get what I could reach with the wheels on, maybe 85%. The car was foamed with Purple Power vehicle and boat wash to help strip the remaining loosened paint residue. I made sure to get it in the wheels, wheel wells, and edge of the undercarriage as best I could. gave the wheels a good agitation and rinsed the whole car. I then hand washed the car with Carpro Reset to get the surface agitated and pulled it in the garage to dry it.

I lucked out and was able to get all of it off the paint and wheels, and most out of the wheel wells. It was nice to see those dark again. Since I probably stripped my last coat of Reload and now that the car was squeaky-clean, I reapplied a coat of Carpro Reload for a topper. What a shine! Too bad I had to drive it in a drizzle again this morning (with sleeting patches) and get it filthy again, but man was I glad to get that paint off and not have to make a claim.

Here are the before and after pics:

Back to normal again. Winter 18's go back on this weekend :(

Registered Member One Ring ukan16's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Installed the ABT HAS kit thanks to Mops! Drove it for a week or so to let it settle a bit, then took it in for an alignment and camber adjustments - running 1.25 degrees in the front and 1.5 degrees in the rear. No rubbing whatsoever and it has a great feel to it. Quick iPhone picture of it as we got 6 inches of snow the other day, but really happy with how it looks and drives - highly recommend.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Looks awesome John!! Perfect drop/rake. 👌🏼
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    18 S4, 18 Q5

Looks really good!

AZ Member #

With winter right around the corner, I sourced a used set of B8 S4 18" wheels from a forum member. Since I have the Black Ops package and had already swapped my chrome Audi rings and S4 emblems for black, I had the wheels refinished in a dark grey metallic and the chrome parts on the center caps painted gloss black. I hate swapping to snows this early, but I didn't want to caught out with the 19" Conti summer tires if we get an early snow. It not too sunny today but I snapped a quick iPhone pic.
    Attached Images

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213