Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Established Member Three Rings MSq5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by christianb5s4 View Post
    That was certainly taken into consideration especially since the OEM pulley is not cheap. That said, I believe these cars based on the demographics playing into how this car is driven vs. a B8 S4 means the engine is typically under less stress and lower average RPMs. Also, I noticed you get two distinct opinions; some people are completely opposed to the OEM crank while others have rarely if ever seen a failure.

I don't drive a huge amount so I doubt I'll have issues with the OEM pulley for a long time to come but I definitely take your concerns to heart.Tha
    I understand. I do put my OEM pulley back on and reflash the stock map for dealer visits. So I do have a frame of reference on NVH. Only time will tell, as I've only got 25,000 miles on the car.

On another forum one guy with access to the B8 S4 service manual claims it states that the OEM crank damper design is to reduce stress on supercharger bearings, not the engine internals. If so, that's an interesting thought. Even so, there seem to be few reports of premature s/c bearing failures among stock or higher pulley ratio setups.

Keep up the good work with your car. It's beautiful.
    2017 Q5 3.0T S-Line | Brilliant Black | EPL Stage 2 93 octane tune | JHM 179mm crank pulley | aFe Pro 5R (part#10-10121) filter in "modified" stock air box | 034 silicone throttle body hose

Senior Member Four Rings christianb5s4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Just got the airbag recall done at Audi, really easy process. Replaced the airbag, igniter and associated connector. Car is all set now!

I'm going to monitor the crank pulley, if it ever shows signs of fatigue I'm going to do a solid pulley. Maybe a smaller supercharger pulley and tune at that point.
    Imola 2001 Stage 3 S4: 312K - 2.4sec FATs - Completely Refreshed/Built Motor - SRM K24s w/ Custom Turbosmart wastegates - Clutchmasters Stage 4 - Etspec - Cinesnow WG/Oil Lines - SRM V3 Intercoolers - AA built trans - 4:1 Diff - JHM Trio - 034 - H&R Coilovers - FCP - Bosch Motorsports - OZ Racing - SRM/SSAC exhaust - Tons of New OEM parts

2009 C6.5 A6 3.0T Prestige - stock, daily driver

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Got some quick updates: car is running great, got new OEM combi valves & gaskets as well as an OEM transmission mount installed today. Otherwise the car really dialed in from a maintenance and operating perspective. Going to see what Audi says about updating the ECU and TCU software to see if that's something of interest.

Next steps are to get all the tint redone with 3M colorstable on the sides and rear and crystalline on the windshield, as well as replace all interior lights with LEDs. Which LED interior kits do people like on here? I have the Ziza kit from ECS in my B5 S4 and love it.
    Imola 2001 Stage 3 S4: 312K - 2.4sec FATs - Completely Refreshed/Built Motor - SRM K24s w/ Custom Turbosmart wastegates - Clutchmasters Stage 4 - Etspec - Cinesnow WG/Oil Lines - SRM V3 Intercoolers - AA built trans - 4:1 Diff - JHM Trio - 034 - H&R Coilovers - FCP - Bosch Motorsports - OZ Racing - SRM/SSAC exhaust - Tons of New OEM parts

Established Member Two Rings juniorcruzer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Suburban

sounds like it is coming along nicely! I need to go get the airbag done as well. Might take it in next week to get done.

Jon
    2010 S4 3.0T, chipwerks stage I
    2010 A6 3.0T, APR Stage 2+, Roc Euro Intake, VMR V710 18x9.5 HyperSilver, 30% tint, A3 clear marker lights, LED Reverse lights, RS6 Grill

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Airbag is super easy, the dealer I went to even provided a loaner which was nice. Only took them 4 hours!

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Got a few things done to the car, including a full Ziza LED interior light kit as well as a new rear view mirror. The car came with a grey B8 A4 mirror for some reason which did not work, so got a black C6 mirror which means mirror dimming and the compass work now as well as look a heck of a lot better.

Still got the lean code back, I believe there might be a valve cover or VVT cover leak somewhere. The long term fuel trims are spot of for both banks in partial throttle but at idle are +12-13% (for both banks) which keeps tripping the lean code.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Volcano Red S5 Cabriolet, 93 Mustang 5.0

Love the color combo... I passed along this exact same combo to my nephew... a 2011 Prestige ...

just an fyi... I was not able to get a stage 1 or 2 tune from the "regulars" because the ECU was a unicorn of sorts...

EPL just spent the better part of the past week getting everything just right!!!!

I highly recommend you give them a call if you are planning on swapping out the SC pulley, or the crank pulley...

and no sense asking Audi to upgrade the ECU tune....
    Family comes First!.... Nice cars a close second.

2017 SQ5 Ibis White, Black Optics P+ with Tech, Nappa, 21" wheels, Milltek exhaust, EPL Stage 2... more to come
    And for topless Summer fun... 2013 Volcano Red S5 Cabriolet Prestige, Black Optics Grill, Rear Valance, Tint, Unitronics Stage 3 with DP and TCU, IE Down Pipes... doesn't get any better!
    2018 Manhattan Grey Q5 Premium Plus with Nav, Hot & Cold packages, 20" wheels, B/O sound... wifey's new ride

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I'm conflicted on tuning the car, I doubt I will though. I have a 600whp B5 S4 for my go fast needs! Biggest thing is to figure out this lean code, the long term fuel trims at idle are what's triggering the code (+13% or so on both banks) so need to track down the culprit (likely small vacuum leak).

Also, joy of joys, the windshield washer fluid tank is leaking. Will have to yank the driver's side wheel off and pull the liner back to see where the leak is coming from on the tank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12