Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by 14S4GWM View Post
    Get a cable and scan it yourself
    I didn't realize that I can do that. Can you please elaborate? (or post a link about it?) What does the cable connect to, the OBD port & a laptop?

thanks

Veteran Member Four Rings 14S4GWM's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by G1ennR View Post
    I didn't realize that I can do that. Can you please elaborate? (or post a link about it?) What does the cable connect to, the OBD port & a laptop?

thanks
    Buy the cable and the software is free, plenty of videos and info on their site and some how to's here on AZ.
    https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/vchv2_ent/
    2014 S4 P+ Glacier White DSG/ EPL Stage 2 ECU/ TCU
    Black Optic/ B&O/ Sports Diff/ Carbon Atlas/ V1/ P3/ Carista/ ECS CF Intake/ ECS CF Diffuser
    Bilstein B8/ H&R OE Springs/ H&R 10-12mm Spacers/ Eurocode Sways
    C-Quartz/ Suntek PPF/ AWE Touring 102/ 034 X-Brace & Inserts/ / Akebono Pads/ CR-15/ VLED VX3 LED Fogs

Senior Member Three Rings MadAboutCars's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MY18 Audi RS6 P, MY18 Audi SQ5,MY16 Audi S6 (sold), MY12 Audi Q7 4.2L TDI S-line (sold)

Wow! Not good. Audi should be ashamed. This will cost them way more than putting right would have done.
    2018 Audi RS6 Performance - Floret Silver, Titanium styling package, 21" titanium 5 V spoke wheels, Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT 285/30/21, Black sports seats, Carbon inlays, Sports diff, Sport exhaust, Matrix LED headlights, 360 camera, Head up display, Active lane/side assist with adaptive cruise control, Park assist, Privacy glass, Electric tailgate with foot open

Mods: Dura-Seal exterior/interior, Audi Sport door lights

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 14S4GWM View Post
    Buy the cable and the software is free, plenty of videos and info on their site and some how to's here on AZ.
    https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/vchv2_ent/
    That's for the link. I bookmarked it in case I decide I need it later.

But, it's not just a "cable" and the software definitely isn't "free".

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by G1ennR View Post
    That's for the link. I bookmarked it in case I decide I need it later.

But, it's not just a "cable" and the software definitely isn't "free".
    Look at it how you want, either the cable is free and the software costs money or vice versa. Regardless it's what you need.
    Black Optic/ B&O/ Sports Diff/ Carbon Atlas/ V1/ P3/ Carista/ ECS CF Intake/ ECS CF Diffuser
    C-Quartz/ Suntek PPF/ AWE Touring 102/ 034 X-Brace & Inserts/ / Akebono Pads/ CR-15/ VLED VX3 LED Fogs

Established Member Two Rings lepa71's Avatar
    AZ Member #

This is what happened with me and Subaru dealer.
    We took delivery of our new Forester at the end of March of 2018. A couple of weeks after that we got a strange document from SOA with additional security Gold Plus warranty 3y/45K miles with $100 deductible purchased for us by the dealer at the beginning of April free of charge.

I thought maybe this is how SOA warranty work, but it seems that this may prevent me from buying a longer Gold plus warranty. You have to purchase Extended Subaru warranty before 3y/36K miles

Dealer purchased this without me knowing about it. This is in parallel of existing 3y/36K miles warranty that comes standard. The one that they purchased has $100 deductible and 3y/45K miles. Both would overlap for those 3 years.

I'm planning to buy a 10y/100K miles warranty, but this 3y/45K warranty would prevent me from buying it. I had to fight them to cancel their warranty. Of course, the answers were. "Our GM was generous to give it to you for free and it was on sale blah blah..."

I bought the warranty from out of state deal at a cost for $1500 vs $2700. He told me that this what dealers do so you can't buy a warranty from somebody else.

There are lots of sneaky dealers and nobody likes them.
    2013 Allroad Premium Plus UM stage 1
    2003 Allroad EPL Stage1+ straight downpipes catless(sold at 187K miles)

AZ Member #

^ Suabarus last forever and hold their value, you don't need a super long warranty. We've had three and never had an issue. We also have a 2017 Forester fully loaded and love it with no issues.

Veteran Member Four Rings Audibot's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by oaybar007 View Post
    while leaving Subaru and I see an S4 next door at Audi.
    Must be Audi Silver Spring. In which case, I'm sort of glad I've not purchased a car from them, and will be hesitant in the future. Their service team has been great to me so far, although I have an issue of my own with them right now I am trying to get resolved.
    2016 A6 TDI Prestige - S-Line, Black Optics, Driver Assistance, HUD, LED Headlights, Cold Weather, Warm Weather
    2003 allroad 6MT - STUKLR Stage 1, Hotchkis sway bars, RS4 engine mounts, Apikol rear diff mounts

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I ran into a similar situation when I bought my car. They sold it to me, sold me the warranty, and I found out the car was tuned and TD1 already when I took it to my local dealer 1 week after I bought it for a check engine light and coolant leak. I bought the car 300 miles away from where I live. That dealer also hasnt reimbursed me for the Audi car they sold me for over double the price that I cancelled the next day, or paid off my trade in, it's been 7 weeks.

Veteran Member Four Rings Audibot's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by OaborbaG View Post
    I ran into a similar situation when I bought my car. They sold it to me, sold me the warranty, and I found out the car was tuned and TD1 already when I took it to my local dealer 1 week after I bought it for a check engine light and coolant leak. I bought the car 300 miles away from where I live. That dealer also hasnt reimbursed me for the Audi car they sold me for over double the price that I cancelled the next day, or paid off my trade in, it's been 7 weeks.
    Sounds like grounds for a lawsuit...
    2016 A6 TDI Prestige - S-Line, Black Optics, Driver Assistance, HUD, LED Headlights, Cold Weather, Warm Weather
    2003 allroad 6MT - STUKLR Stage 1, Hotchkis sway bars, RS4 engine mounts, Apikol rear diff mounts

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audibot View Post
    Sounds like grounds for a lawsuit...
    Yeah, tell me about it. AudiCare credit still has not been received, almost 10 weeks after it was cancelled. Not to mention the omitted information about TD1
    2014 S6 - Glacier White - Driver Assistance, Cold Weather, Black Optics - APR Stg 1 ECU / TCU
    2006 Dodge 2500 MegaCab 4x4 - 5.9 Cummins - Auto - EFI Live | 2008 Toyota Yaris 4D - Daily
    Sold - 2015 Mustang 5.0 Premium - PP - FR PP Stg 2 - Roush AB | 2011 Mustang 5.0 Premium - Brembo - Catless H-Pipe w/ AED Tune - 12.51 @ 113.2mph | 1999 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins - some goodies - 12.3 @ 113.5mph

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345