Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 121 to 126 of 126
  1. #121
    Veteran Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York
    Items for Sale

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by doc-haz View Post
    Who? Audi? Mercedes?
    Audi, as they tend to screw everyone over..
    Current
    2014 AUDI A4
    2003 AUDI A4 Convertible
    2004 VW Touareg V8
    Previous
    2010 BMW 328XI
    2002 BMW M5
    2013 JETTA SE 2003 MERCEDES-BENZ S430 4MATIC 2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL LEXUS GS460, 2011 CHEVY CAMARO 2008 BMW X3,2000 Audi A4,2003 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1996 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1988,SCIROCCO16V

  2. #122
    Active Member Two Rings mrdouble99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 31 2018
    AZ Member #
    416401
    Location
    Montreal

    Wow, just Wow

    I bought a 2015 S6 in march this year, trade in my perfect Ford Focus RS for it...

    Had a sound in the front driver side suspension and they changed the shock assembly.

    When i went 1 month afetr the suspension work they told me i had to pay for the suspension job because the car was flaged TD1.

    They found out that the car was flag when they did the certification lol

    Now they want to honor the waranty themself.

    Ho and one month after bying the car, i went to my detailer for a nano coating and the detailer show me that the car has been repaint almost entirely, only the roof, trunk and the 2 passenger door had original paint lol

    Carproof was clean, no accident, nothing

  3. #123
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 12 2013
    AZ Member #
    118798
    Location
    Massapequa, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by mrdouble99 View Post
    Wow, just Wow

    I bought a 2015 S6 in march this year, trade in my perfect Ford Focus RS for it...

    Had a sound in the front driver side suspension and they changed the shock assembly.

    When i went 1 month afetr the suspension work they told me i had to pay for the suspension job because the car was flaged TD1.

    They found out that the car was flag when they did the certification lol

    Now they want to honor the waranty themself.

    Ho and one month after bying the car, i went to my detailer for a nano coating and the detailer show me that the car has been repaint almost entirely, only the roof, trunk and the 2 passenger door had original paint lol

    Carproof was clean, no accident, nothing
    That is such a horrible experience! I recently got rid my beloved GTi because i needed a larger car and didnt want an SUV. I picked up a 2016 C7.5 A6 3.0T with 25k miles.

    In my paranoia i scanned the car with my VCDS cable, even though carfax and autocheck was clean i then went through all the headlights and taillights for OEM part numbers, even the grill support, went through all the vin etchings. Looked at the paint for blend marks, orange peel, ran my fingers through all the seems for rough edges, etc. I even got the car up the air and inspected the underbody for evidence of bottoming out, dented exhaust components, looking for any sort of bent components or scrapes.

    I was with the car for about 4 hours checking everything in fear of buying something that I would regret or something that had hidden secrets.

    After all that, i'm still paranoid because i remember car shopping for a brand new GTi and i came across a new red 2017 Autobahn in PA. I negotiated an excellent deal for the car over the phone. I then went to see it and noticed something fishy with the rear driver side quarter. I questioned the salesman and he said the car had very minor bodywork because a lightpole fell on it during heavy winds. This car has 17 miles on the odometer too.

    I was about to buy a supposedly "brand new" car with body work done to it.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    2017 Pure White VW GTi Autobahn, 6MT, DCC, Fender, Standard DAP, etc.
    100 % OEM

    2016 Mythos Black Audi S3 P+, Black Optics Package, Tech Package, LED Lighting Package, B&O, Red Calipers, etc.
    100 % OEM

    2004 Magnesium Metallic Honda Civic EX Sedan

  4. #124
    Veteran Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by cW6mT mKviGLi View Post
    That is such a horrible experience! I recently got rid my beloved GTi because i needed a larger car and didnt want an SUV. I picked up a 2016 C7.5 A6 3.0T with 25k miles.

    In my paranoia i scanned the car with my VCDS cable, even though carfax and autocheck was clean i then went through all the headlights and taillights for OEM part numbers, even the grill support, went through all the vin etchings. Looked at the paint for blend marks, orange peel, ran my fingers through all the seems for rough edges, etc. I even got the car up the air and inspected the underbody for evidence of bottoming out, dented exhaust components, looking for any sort of bent components or scrapes.

    I was with the car for about 4 hours checking everything in fear of buying something that I would regret or something that had hidden secrets.

    After all that, i'm still paranoid because i remember car shopping for a brand new GTi and i came across a new red 2017 Autobahn in PA. I negotiated an excellent deal for the car over the phone. I then went to see it and noticed something fishy with the rear driver side quarter. I questioned the salesman and he said the car had very minor bodywork because a lightpole fell on it during heavy winds. This car has 17 miles on the odometer too.

    I was about to buy a supposedly "brand new" car with body work done to it.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    What dealer did you go to?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current
    2014 AUDI A4
    2003 AUDI A4 Convertible
    2004 VW Touareg V8
    Previous
    2010 BMW 328XI
    2002 BMW M5
    2013 JETTA SE 2003 MERCEDES-BENZ S430 4MATIC 2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL LEXUS GS460, 2011 CHEVY CAMARO 2008 BMW X3,2000 Audi A4,2003 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1996 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1988,SCIROCCO16V

  5. #125
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 12 2013
    AZ Member #
    118798
    Location
    Massapequa, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDIMAN33 View Post
    What dealer did you go to?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry, I can't remember the dealer's name in PA.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    2017 Pure White VW GTi Autobahn, 6MT, DCC, Fender, Standard DAP, etc.
    100 % OEM

    2016 Mythos Black Audi S3 P+, Black Optics Package, Tech Package, LED Lighting Package, B&O, Red Calipers, etc.
    100 % OEM

    2004 Magnesium Metallic Honda Civic EX Sedan

  6. #126
    Senior Member Two Rings vj123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2013
    AZ Member #
    111951
    My Garage
    2013 A4 PP (sold)
    Location
    The Detroit

    Thats terrible. If so many are reported in the forum, i wonder how many are out there on road without even the owners realising this issue.

    Audi charging a premium for CPO is just a daylight robbery.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.