Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Registered Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by doc-haz View Post
    Who? Audi? Mercedes?
    Audi, as they tend to screw everyone over..

Active Member Two Rings mrdouble99's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Wow, just Wow

I bought a 2015 S6 in march this year, trade in my perfect Ford Focus RS for it...

Had a sound in the front driver side suspension and they changed the shock assembly.

When i went 1 month afetr the suspension work they told me i had to pay for the suspension job because the car was flaged TD1.

They found out that the car was flag when they did the certification lol

Now they want to honor the waranty themself.

Ho and one month after bying the car, i went to my detailer for a nano coating and the detailer show me that the car has been repaint almost entirely, only the roof, trunk and the 2 passenger door had original paint lol

Carproof was clean, no accident, nothing

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mrdouble99 View Post
    Wow, just Wow

I bought a 2015 S6 in march this year, trade in my perfect Ford Focus RS for it...

Had a sound in the front driver side suspension and they changed the shock assembly.

When i went 1 month afetr the suspension work they told me i had to pay for the suspension job because the car was flaged TD1.

They found out that the car was flag when they did the certification lol

Now they want to honor the waranty themself.

Ho and one month after bying the car, i went to my detailer for a nano coating and the detailer show me that the car has been repaint almost entirely, only the roof, trunk and the 2 passenger door had original paint lol

Carproof was clean, no accident, nothing
    That is such a horrible experience! I recently got rid my beloved GTi because i needed a larger car and didnt want an SUV. I picked up a 2016 C7.5 A6 3.0T with 25k miles.

In my paranoia i scanned the car with my VCDS cable, even though carfax and autocheck was clean i then went through all the headlights and taillights for OEM part numbers, even the grill support, went through all the vin etchings. Looked at the paint for blend marks, orange peel, ran my fingers through all the seems for rough edges, etc. I even got the car up the air and inspected the underbody for evidence of bottoming out, dented exhaust components, looking for any sort of bent components or scrapes.

I was with the car for about 4 hours checking everything in fear of buying something that I would regret or something that had hidden secrets.

After all that, i'm still paranoid because i remember car shopping for a brand new GTi and i came across a new red 2017 Autobahn in PA. I negotiated an excellent deal for the car over the phone. I then went to see it and noticed something fishy with the rear driver side quarter. I questioned the salesman and he said the car had very minor bodywork because a lightpole fell on it during heavy winds. This car has 17 miles on the odometer too.

I was about to buy a supposedly "brand new" car with body work done to it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    2017 Pure White VW GTi Autobahn, 6MT, DCC, Fender, Standard DAP, etc.
    100 % OEM

2016 Mythos Black Audi S3 P+, Black Optics Package, Tech Package, LED Lighting Package, B&O, Red Calipers, etc.
    100 % OEM

2004 Magnesium Metallic Honda Civic EX Sedan

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cW6mT mKviGLi View Post
    That is such a horrible experience! I recently got rid my beloved GTi because i needed a larger car and didnt want an SUV. I picked up a 2016 C7.5 A6 3.0T with 25k miles.

In my paranoia i scanned the car with my VCDS cable, even though carfax and autocheck was clean i then went through all the headlights and taillights for OEM part numbers, even the grill support, went through all the vin etchings. Looked at the paint for blend marks, orange peel, ran my fingers through all the seems for rough edges, etc. I even got the car up the air and inspected the underbody for evidence of bottoming out, dented exhaust components, looking for any sort of bent components or scrapes.

I was with the car for about 4 hours checking everything in fear of buying something that I would regret or something that had hidden secrets.

After all that, i'm still paranoid because i remember car shopping for a brand new GTi and i came across a new red 2017 Autobahn in PA. I negotiated an excellent deal for the car over the phone. I then went to see it and noticed something fishy with the rear driver side quarter. I questioned the salesman and he said the car had very minor bodywork because a lightpole fell on it during heavy winds. This car has 17 miles on the odometer too.

I was about to buy a supposedly "brand new" car with body work done to it.

What dealer did you go to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIMAN33 View Post
    What dealer did you go to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry, I can't remember the dealer's name in PA.

2017 Pure White VW GTi Autobahn, 6MT, DCC, Fender, Standard DAP, etc.
    100 % OEM

2016 Mythos Black Audi S3 P+, Black Optics Package, Tech Package, LED Lighting Package, B&O, Red Calipers, etc.
    100 % OEM

2004 Magnesium Metallic Honda Civic EX Sedan

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 A4 PP (sold)

Thats terrible. If so many are reported in the forum, i wonder how many are out there on road without even the owners realising this issue.

Audi charging a premium for CPO is just a daylight robbery.

AZ Member #

To be sold a car and charged for CPO when the vehicle does not pass the CPO inspection is a breach of contract. Breach of contract cases are treble damages, particularly for misrepresentation in auto sales. So that's three times the damages on top of actual damages (all monies paid by plaintiff, excluding financing).
    I once purchased a used vehicle from a dealer that had been VIN swapped and was a stolen car. We settled out of court.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by timzcat View Post
    To be sold a car and charged for CPO when the vehicle does not pass the CPO inspection is a breach of contract. Breach of contract cases are treble damages, particularly for misrepresentation in auto sales. So that's three times the damages on top of actual damages (all monies paid by plaintiff, excluding financing).
    I once purchased a used vehicle from a dealer that had been VIN swapped and was a stolen car. We settled out of court.
    Bet you got a brand new car after they sold you a stolen used car. How'd you find out the vin was swapped?

Veteran Member Four Rings ericw.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

Regardless of tuning, and warranty aside.. A dealer MUST perform recall work. This is entirely separate from the warranty and Audi is on the hook for this. It's required by law. Find a lawyer if they refuse.

https://injury.findlaw.com/product-l...ll-repair.html
    IG @lolzhax // agilitydrives.us
    C7 S7 4.0tt | LX7U | APR STG1 ECU+TCU | S-FloV2 | EUROCODE SWAYS | CETE ASC | RFX7 | EVO2 | RS7 FR+R | Indicator Delete | Hardwired | Straight Piped
    b7 a4 2.0t | Stage 2+ | DTM Body | All the bolt-on mods | [sold]

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

What happened with this story? Did you sue? Did they make it right?

You have actual hard proof the car was tuned, from the tune manufacturer, before you bought it as CPO. The car sells for more money because of CPO. You were scammed.

I would see CPO less as a dealer-specific deal and more as an AoA deal. The CPO works at ANY Audi dealer, not just the one you bought the car. This means its universally accepted by all of Audi, aka backed my AoA.

Please tell me SOMETHING was done to right this wrong. Makes me fear the CPO I bought a year ago is also tainted and I'll be up shit's creek without a paddle.
    > 2015 Glacier White Metallic allroad P+ <> Airlift 3P <> 034 CAs <> Vossen VFS-2 Satin Bronze <> Magnaflow CBE <
    > RS4 FBSW <> Piano Black Trim <> BFI Shift Knob <> NGP Rearguard <

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234