Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

RS5 Ceramic Brakes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Do the optional ceramic brakes replace the front only or front and rear brakes?

The US order guide says "Ceramic front brakes, front and rear calipers painted grey".

The Canadian order guide says "Ceramic brake discs reinforced with carbon fibre, with specially designed ventilated cooling channels. Anthracite-colored brake calipers with the "Audi Ceramic" logo in the front and rear."

AZ Member #

I have one in my showroom with the Dynamic Plus Package (includes Ceramic Front Brakes), and every-other available option. It has ceramic front brakes and steel rear brakes.

Front
    RS 5 Ceramic Brakes.JPG

Rear
    RS 5 rear steel rotor.JPG

Sticker
    RS 5 sticker.JPG

-Jesse
    Sales @ Audi Arlington
    2015 A4 2.0T - recently acquired and had the APR tune the first chance I could. More to come.
    2007 A4 3.2 - 150,000 miles and running strong!
    2006 A6 - gone
    2007 Q7 - gone

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Thanks. I spoke with Audi corporate the other day and they said the same thing.

AZ Member #

It says the same in the Audi UK and Germany websites. Audi Canada website's info on the RS5 brakes is wrong.
    Current: 2016 S5 in Sepang Blue with Technik Package.

Established Member Two Rings easy_button's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 VW Corrado VR6, 2013 Jeep SRT8

Quote Originally Posted by JohnEnglish View Post
    Do the optional ceramic brakes replace the front only or front and rear brakes?

The US order guide says "Ceramic front brakes, front and rear calipers painted grey".

The Canadian order guide says "Ceramic brake discs reinforced with carbon fibre, with specially designed ventilated cooling channels. Anthracite-colored brake calipers with the "Audi Ceramic" logo in the front and rear."
    Just the fronts. ...steel rears, calipers painted gray. in the configurator.