Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 70
  1. #1
    Established Member Three Rings brock2428's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    399960
    Location
    Australia

    What's next for us .?

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys seems every thing has been pretty quite lately
    What are you guys hoping to see happen with our platform this year ? From performance company's down to good old diy

    I'm hoping to see some more advanced tuning options

    A Solution for e85

    What's your thoughts
    I'm currently jhm stage 3
    What stage are you guys up to


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Established Member Four Rings funkypterodacty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 30 2017
    AZ Member #
    398712
    Location
    Los Angeles

    I'm waiting for this

    Quote Originally Posted by B8_Dude97 View Post
    This was the last update from CTS about a week ago.








  3. #3
    Established Member Three Rings brock2428's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    399960
    Location
    Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by funkypterodacty View Post
    I'm waiting for this
    I didn't know this was happening ! will be interesting to see the final product wonder how much power they will be releasing it with

  4. #4
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    May 20 2017
    AZ Member #
    399735
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Currently runnng JHMís K04. The only real mods I plan this year are updated tuning from JHM (fingers crossed), replacing my down pipe due to a wearing but not yet broken flex pipe and water/meth injection.

    Meth is probably the solution for E85. 😀 Instant cheap race gas.

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Four Rings canadianA4B7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 10 2012
    AZ Member #
    87997
    My Garage
    parts
    Location
    Napanee, ON
    Items for Sale

    CTS turbo above has been on the market for our platform for months already. Made by EFR they have a 6758 and 7163 both in .64 hotside. I posted those months ago after speaking to the original designer of the hotside housings.

    They are about $2500 usd

  6. #6
    Senior Member Four Rings Theiceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 15 2016
    AZ Member #
    368804
    Location
    Cambridge Ontario

    im at the ' barely keeping it running" stage. I just wish Audi would change the damn airbag already. I d be happy with that!!
    2014 Nissan Murano
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

  7. #7
    Established Member Three Rings brock2428's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    399960
    Location
    Australia

    Yeah I like the idea of water meth
    I'll probably install that when I get my block built


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Established Member Three Rings brock2428's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    399960
    Location
    Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by Theiceman View Post
    im at the ' barely keeping it running" stage. I just wish Audi would change the damn airbag already. I d be happy with that!!
    really ? the only thing iv had fail on mine is a few o2 sensors

    but im pretty particular about doing maintenance

  9. #9
    Veteran Member Four Rings vce1232000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 17 2013
    AZ Member #
    117368
    My Garage
    83 MK1 GTI Callaway Turbo stg II
    Location
    jersey city nj
    Items for Sale

    I a new to me B8.5 S4 in the worx for me this year
    APR KO4, APR HPFP,RS4 LPFP Cntr,145 bar PRV, APR TP, TT DP, GFB DV+, AWE FMIC, BFI CC, AWE Exhaust, RS4 Exh tips, ST CO, 034 RSB,034 St Dnsty Mtr Mts, New Sth West Bst guage, B7 RS4 8 pot Calipers.Stop Tech slotted rotors.Goodridge SS brake lines frt & rr. Hawk HPS frt & rr. RS4 PS rack, RS4 Servotronic Relay,RS4 rims. S4 mirror caps,RS4 Mesh Style Grill,LED tail lites
    S4 Recaro Front & Rear seats. Led Interior Kit,United LED's fog lites
    2007 A4 Avant 2.0T Tiptronic 6spd

  10. #10
    Senior Member Four Rings Theiceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 15 2016
    AZ Member #
    368804
    Location
    Cambridge Ontario

    Quote Originally Posted by brock2428 View Post
    really ? the only thing iv had fail on mine is a few o2 sensors

    but im pretty particular about doing maintenance
    How many miles ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2014 Nissan Murano
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

  11. #11
    Veteran Member Four Rings LINDW4LL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 10 2011
    AZ Member #
    85071
    My Garage
    Stage 3 S4, E46 M3
    Location
    WI ✈ NC
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by vce1232000 View Post
    A new to me B8.5 S4 in the worx for me this year
    Ha, this! You have to graduate from the four cylinder life at some point!
    -Hayden


  12. #12
    Veteran Member Four Rings vce1232000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 17 2013
    AZ Member #
    117368
    My Garage
    83 MK1 GTI Callaway Turbo stg II
    Location
    jersey city nj
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by LINDW4LL View Post
    Ha, this! You have to graduate from the four cylinder life at some point!
    Yes I agree . Ive gone as far as on this platform as Im prepared to go
    APR KO4, APR HPFP,RS4 LPFP Cntr,145 bar PRV, APR TP, TT DP, GFB DV+, AWE FMIC, BFI CC, AWE Exhaust, RS4 Exh tips, ST CO, 034 RSB,034 St Dnsty Mtr Mts, New Sth West Bst guage, B7 RS4 8 pot Calipers.Stop Tech slotted rotors.Goodridge SS brake lines frt & rr. Hawk HPS frt & rr. RS4 PS rack, RS4 Servotronic Relay,RS4 rims. S4 mirror caps,RS4 Mesh Style Grill,LED tail lites
    S4 Recaro Front & Rear seats. Led Interior Kit,United LED's fog lites
    2007 A4 Avant 2.0T Tiptronic 6spd

  13. #13
    Established Member Three Rings brock2428's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    399960
    Location
    Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by Theiceman View Post
    How many miles ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    I'm about to click over 120000kms

    20000kms with the stage 3 kit


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    May 20 2017
    AZ Member #
    399735
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Quote Originally Posted by brock2428 View Post
    Yeah I like the idea of water meth
    I'll probably install that when I get my block built


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The results are pretty much the same and of course, water/meth works right now 😀

  15. #15
    Established Member Three Rings brock2428's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    399960
    Location
    Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    The results are pretty much the same and of course, water/meth works right now
    Sweet good to know

    How quickly dose it go thru the mixture ?



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Senior Member Four Rings Theiceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 15 2016
    AZ Member #
    368804
    Location
    Cambridge Ontario

    What's next for us .?

    Quote Originally Posted by brock2428 View Post
    I'm about to click over 120000kms

    20000kms with the stage 3 kit


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Okay then I will ask you to save your condescending maintenance comment until you hit 300,000km like me thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2014 Nissan Murano
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

  17. #17
    Established Member Three Rings StatusQuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 15 2016
    AZ Member #
    374714
    Location
    Northern California

    Ive been working to get e85 working well for the DIY folk. Ive been able to figure out what fueling we need without port injection, but im trying to figure out how to tune cold crank for e85 right now using maestro. Im trying different methods and ill report back once I find a way to do it. So far i found out setting injection timing for ~200 rpm and 70% load to 360 helps a bit.

    In terms of fueling, Rs4 pump control, RS4 injectors, 175bar PRV, s3 pressure sensor, and a modified LPFP with a pwm walbro 450 lph SHOULD give you all the fueling you need. I have everything so far except the S3 sensor and walbro. Im looking to install those soon.

    Can anyone confirm that a S3 rail sensor will allow you to read to 175bar? the stock sensor can only go to 141bar and going past that causes limp mode.
    B7 Audi A4 Quattro - Built. Not Bought.
    Upgraded HPFP | RS4 Injectors | RS4 LPFP Controller | 175 Bar PRV | 50/50 E85 | Straightpipe Exhaust | Cold Air Intake | Big Turbo | Front Mount Intercooler | -- The Maestro Community Project --

  18. #18
    Senior Member Three Rings tloft4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15 2016
    AZ Member #
    373349
    Location
    Lock Haven, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by Theiceman View Post
    Okay then I will ask you to save your condescending maintenance comment until you hit 300,000km like me thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    You asked a question and he answered, I don't see what part could be condescending

  19. #19
    Senior Member Four Rings Theiceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 15 2016
    AZ Member #
    368804
    Location
    Cambridge Ontario

    Quote Originally Posted by tloft4 View Post
    You asked a question and he answered, I don't see what part could be condescending

    go back a few posts ... he implies his car is more reliable because he is meticulous about maintenance. Kind of like saying " hey your kids are rowdy !! mine aren't, but im a good parent ! "
    reality is, it appears more reliable because he has a third of the milage.

    A better approach may have been to say " what kind of failures are you seeing ? which would have lead to the discussion of what am I seeing that could help him in the future, and discovery they are not maintenance related, and come across less condescending

    But its all good..
    Last edited by Theiceman; 03-15-2018 at 10:54 AM.
    2014 Nissan Murano
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

  20. #20
    Established Member Three Rings brock2428's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    399960
    Location
    Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by Theiceman View Post
    go back a few posts ... he implies his car is more reliable because he is meticulous about maintenance. Kind of like saying " hey your kids are rowdy !! mine aren't, but im a good parent ! "
    reality is, it appears more reliable because he has a third of the milage.

    A better approach may have been to say " what kind of failures are you seeing ? which would have lead to the discussion of what am I seeing that could help him in the future, and discovery they are not maintenance related, and come across less condescending


    But its all good..
    sorry I didn't mean anything about my comment. 3000000kms is a lot hopefully mine will last that long !

  21. #21
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    May 20 2017
    AZ Member #
    399735
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Quote Originally Posted by brock2428 View Post
    Sweet good to know

    How quickly dose it go thru the mixture ?



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Iíll let you know soon. Iím probably ordering the Devilís Own kit and a small core FMIC today. 😀

    I wouldnít even bother with E85. Itís too much work when a meth kit can be bought for $400 bucks and be installed in a day.

  22. #22
    Established Member Three Rings brock2428's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    399960
    Location
    Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    Iíll let you know soon. Iím probably ordering the Devilís Own kit and a small core FMIC today.

    I wouldnít even bother with E85. Itís too much work when a meth kit can be bought for $400 bucks and be installed in a day.
    Sweet !
    I'm currently running the jhm small core
    I was tossing up between the Aem and the Devils kit


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 05 2016
    AZ Member #
    387541
    Location
    miami FL

    Guys who look at kms. Like miles please.

  24. #24
    Veteran Member Four Rings aluthman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2013
    AZ Member #
    111961
    My Garage
    A7
    Location
    Griswold, CT

    I'm going to try to get my port injection setup to see if I can break 500 awhp.
    -Adam

    '07 DTM A4 2.0T|6MT|EFR 7163 Twin Scroll|DoTuning|Built Motor|Meth and other go fast stuffÖ
    '06 A4 2.0T Quattro - RIP (Best ľ mile pass 13.634 @ 103.30)

  25. #25
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    May 20 2017
    AZ Member #
    399735
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Quote Originally Posted by brock2428 View Post
    Sweet !
    I'm currently running the jhm small core
    I was tossing up between the Aem and the Devils kit


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hereís an article I found on the pros and cons of both. The biggest con with E85 is not knowing for sure what the true percentage is and how old the fuel is. The second biggest con is that it doesnít have the charge air cooling effect that water/meth does. The third biggest is availability, which could probably be moved to number 1.

    To me, water/meth has quite a few less cons. Itís cheaper to buy and cheaper to run. Itís probably more consistent if you mix your own mixture and if you run out, 2 dollars in windshield washer fluid will get you through in a pinch.

    http://www.lsxmag.com/tech-stories/f...hould-you-run/

  26. #26
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    May 20 2017
    AZ Member #
    399735
    Location
    New Hampshire

    And I donít really think the brand of meth kit is as important as how you want it controlled. Thereís MAF based kits and boost based kits. As to which one is best, Iím not sure really. I guess it depends on when you want it to spray.

  27. #27
    Veteran Member Four Rings Solarsuplex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 20 2011
    AZ Member #
    80065
    Location
    Seattle Wa
    Items for Sale

    If somebody could buy my car this year that would be great.
    -James
    F T W L T B D W I C T W
    Instagram - jamesdrichey
    Moonlight Blue - B8.5 S4
    Brilliant Black - B7 A4

  28. #28
    Veteran Member Four Rings canadianA4B7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 10 2012
    AZ Member #
    87997
    My Garage
    parts
    Location
    Napanee, ON
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by brock2428 View Post
    Sweet !
    I'm currently running the jhm small core
    I was tossing up between the Aem and the Devils kit


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    For everything youíll need when getting into a meth addiction see below. All your meth needs

    http://www.usrallyteam.com/index.php...index&cPath=68

    Or

    Www.prometh.com

    And for pump control

    Torqbyte.com

  29. #29
    Established Member Three Rings brock2428's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    399960
    Location
    Australia

    What's next for us .?

    Quote Originally Posted by canadianA4B7 View Post
    For everything youíll need when getting into a meth addiction see below. All your meth needs

    http://www.usrallyteam.com/index.php...index&cPath=68

    Or

    Www.prometh.com

    And for pump control

    Torqbyte.com
    Thanks for the good info
    As for pump control Iv seen a few people using e rs4 one
    Is that any better then the pm3


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  30. #30
    Veteran Member Four Rings canadianA4B7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 10 2012
    AZ Member #
    87997
    My Garage
    parts
    Location
    Napanee, ON
    Items for Sale

    RS4 unit will control only fuel. Pm3 can be used to control fuel or water meth, the CM5 which I have will control both the lpfp and a water meth pump as well as 2 extra general purpose outputs.

  31. #31
    Established Member Three Rings brock2428's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    399960
    Location
    Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by canadianA4B7 View Post
    RS4 unit will control only fuel. Pm3 can be used to control fuel or water meth, the CM5 which I have will control both the lpfp and a water meth pump as well as 2 extra general purpose outputs.
    Baha'i was just coming back to correct that

    I didn't realise I could get a controller that can do both !


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  32. #32
    Veteran Member Four Rings canadianA4B7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 10 2012
    AZ Member #
    87997
    My Garage
    parts
    Location
    Napanee, ON
    Items for Sale

    Brought to you from Canada.

    Yes when I found out my RS4 controller had cracked and I wud be running port injection meth I ordered the CM5. This spring I can mount the custom made meth tank and wire up the pump finish the install and be on my way.

  33. #33
    Established Member Three Rings brock2428's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    399960
    Location
    Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by canadianA4B7 View Post
    Brought to you from Canada.

    Yes when I found out my RS4 controller had cracked and I wud be running port injection meth I ordered the CM5. This spring I can mount the custom made meth tank and wire up the pump finish the install and be on my way.
    Sweet looking forward to seeing that set up


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  34. #34
    Veteran Member Four Rings i3oricua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 17 2006
    AZ Member #
    11575
    My Garage
    2006 A4; 2007 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
    Location
    Brandon, Suffolk, England

    I don't think they'll be much more movement on this platform. This year I plan on building the block (have parts, just need the time to drop it off and get honed and balanced) and then turning up the boost as much as I can. I'm gonna look into pro vs cons of nitrous as well as see if I can run both (which I don't think I can).

    For those looking for max spool and boost hybrid turbos are a thing and probably the future. Check out:

    https://www.theturboengineers.com/

    I'm thinking about making the jump to this instead of my EFR but I'm gonna have to do some more research first.

  35. #35
    Senior Member Four Rings james12lucy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04 2015
    AZ Member #
    340494
    My Garage
    North America's only B7 Chump Car. 2006 2.0T A4, fully gutted, custom Loose Stones Racing Roll Cage,
    Location
    Toronto Ontario

    Quote Originally Posted by brock2428 View Post
    Sweet looking forward to seeing that set up


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I did the same one as Canadian is talking about. I have a CM5-LT running my meth pump and controlling the PM-3 in slave mode. Iíll be moving the fuel pump(s) to a 17 gallon fuel and running 2 Walbro 485LPH LPFPs.




    Iíll also be building what is believed to be the first dry sump 2.0T FSI B7 in the world. Itís a purpose built race car, so Iím digging the benefits.

    Lastly, I have 400,000km on the daily Avant, parts hauler. These cars can last, if taken care of.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    B7 Avant, 6MT, Quattro - Brilliant Black: JHM 93 Octane Stage 2 tune, APR HPFP, S3 Injectors, JHM Test Pipe, Stasis Catback, R8 coils, 034 TIP, Custom CIA, 18" VMR 710, Podi Digital Boost Gauge, RS4 rear sway bar, RS4 grill, Eurojet Billet VC, 42DD catch can, Ohlins SL Coilovers w/ Hyperco springs, OEM Bi-Xenon retrofit, GFB DV+, Brembo 18z.

  36. #36
    Established Member Three Rings brock2428's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    399960
    Location
    Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by james12lucy View Post
    I did the same one as Canadian is talking about. I have a CM5-LT running my meth pump and controlling the PM-3 in slave mode. Iíll be moving the fuel pump(s) to a 17 gallon fuel and running 2 Walbro 485LPH LPFPs.




    Iíll also be building what is believed to be the first dry sump 2.0T FSI B7 in the world. Itís a purpose built race car, so Iím digging the benefits.

    Lastly, I have 400,000km on the daily Avant, parts hauler. These cars can last, if taken care of.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice set up
    I always like to see pictures
    Helps me figure out whatís going on hahahahah

    Forgive me for my noobness whatís the benefits of dry sump/why would you do this


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  37. #37
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    May 20 2017
    AZ Member #
    399735
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Quote Originally Posted by brock2428 View Post
    Nice set up
    I always like to see pictures
    Helps me figure out whatís going on hahahahah

    Forgive me for my noobness whatís the benefits of dry sump/why would you do this


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No oil starvation in high G turns. Very beneficial for track use. The twisty kind, not the straight kind.

  38. #38
    Senior Member Four Rings james12lucy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04 2015
    AZ Member #
    340494
    My Garage
    North America's only B7 Chump Car. 2006 2.0T A4, fully gutted, custom Loose Stones Racing Roll Cage,
    Location
    Toronto Ontario

    Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    No oil starvation in high G turns. Very beneficial for track use. The twisty kind, not the straight kind.
    This. But also very beneficial for drag racing. Extremely hard acceleration rates will also move oil away from the oil pick up. Not that thatís a big deal really. But, losing 20+ pounds of rotational mass does help out quite a bit.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    B7 Avant, 6MT, Quattro - Brilliant Black: JHM 93 Octane Stage 2 tune, APR HPFP, S3 Injectors, JHM Test Pipe, Stasis Catback, R8 coils, 034 TIP, Custom CIA, 18" VMR 710, Podi Digital Boost Gauge, RS4 rear sway bar, RS4 grill, Eurojet Billet VC, 42DD catch can, Ohlins SL Coilovers w/ Hyperco springs, OEM Bi-Xenon retrofit, GFB DV+, Brembo 18z.

  39. #39
    Established Member Three Rings StatusQuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 15 2016
    AZ Member #
    374714
    Location
    Northern California

    Quote Originally Posted by james12lucy View Post
    I did the same one as Canadian is talking about. I have a CM5-LT running my meth pump and controlling the PM-3 in slave mode. Iíll be moving the fuel pump(s) to a 17 gallon fuel and running 2 Walbro 485LPH LPFPs.




    Iíll also be building what is believed to be the first dry sump 2.0T FSI B7 in the world. Itís a purpose built race car, so Iím digging the benefits.

    Lastly, I have 400,000km on the daily Avant, parts hauler. These cars can last, if taken care of.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Holy smokes. What's the deal with two 485 pumps?

    How much power you planning on pushing. E85?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Audizine mobile app
    B7 Audi A4 Quattro - Built. Not Bought.
    Upgraded HPFP | RS4 Injectors | RS4 LPFP Controller | 175 Bar PRV | 50/50 E85 | Straightpipe Exhaust | Cold Air Intake | Big Turbo | Front Mount Intercooler | -- The Maestro Community Project --

  40. #40
    Veteran Member Four Rings canadianA4B7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 10 2012
    AZ Member #
    87997
    My Garage
    parts
    Location
    Napanee, ON
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by james12lucy View Post
    More night shift built 30L meth tank?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.