Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Wanted someone to wreck Doug DeMuro's Landrover Defender

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!

I have just watched a hideous video made by the car journalist Doug DeMuro wherein he bags the Audi Allroad as the second worst cars every made and then proceeds to wreck the vehicle and run over it with a Land Rover Defender.

This video can be viewed on this link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsq...JYTaEnf_vmTNqg

Now if I lived in America I would like to find Doug's Land Rover and give it the same treatment as was dished out to the Audi Allroad using my own Audi Allroad to run over the Land Rover.

What I would like to do is to find a volunteer in the USA to complete the task for me. Anyone interested please message me.

Veteran Member Four Rings ChicagosPhantom's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    03 Silver A6 2.7T factory 01E 03 Daytona RS6 05 Atlas allroad 2.7T factory 01E 02 Atlas S6

Quote Originally Posted by Hobartian View Post

I have just watched a hideous video made by the car journalist Doug DeMuro wherein he bags the Audi Allroad as the second worst cars every made and then proceeds to wreck the vehicle and run over it with a Land Rover Defender.

This video can be viewed on this link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsq...JYTaEnf_vmTNqg

Now if I lived in America I would like to find Doug's Land Rover and give it the same treatment as was dished out to the Audi Allroad using my own Audi Allroad to run over the Land Rover.

What I would like to do is to find a volunteer in the USA to complete the task for me. Anyone interested please message me.

I mean really? Guy is a pathetic! I didn't like him since, oh who cares....just something about him that doesn't make him an enthusiast at all... That video he made is even more pathetic and we shouldn't be butt hurt, he used ramps to climb on that thing that he picked up from salvage yard for a dime... I would appreciate his video if he picked up a perfect example and did what he did with no *** help that he used. He's more butt hurt than we are, because deep in side he knows Audi started a thing with allroad and there was no vehicle competitive in its class since a debut and there's none now either. He's just a sissy boy and will stay that, he shouldn't be around cars as much as Chris Evans shouldn't!

Audi allroad FTMW and four rings to rule them all!!!

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

If this bothered you don't go to the classifieds where currently dozens of vehicles that are worth more as parts and scrap are being dismantled. The car used in the video was about to meet similar fate. No one seems to have an issue when people destroy.. sorry part out, the cars in the classifieds for a buck but Doug does and he's a terrible person really?

Is the allroad the second worst car made? No. Is it one that has to s of problems and frustrates it's owners even those of us who love rhem, Absolutely.

Also check defender prices in the US. If you actually have the funds to buy his defender then I'll gladly take you up on the offer to crush it with my allroad ( if this position ever works long enough to do it). but then I'm going to fix it and drive it :)

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Since LR was mentioned I'll comment on this, but mostly because I still have an unexplainable soft spot for the Defender, and just say that having owned both an Audi (not AR, I admit) and a Defender-based Disco Landy I would admit they both have their charm. But at the end of the day I would depend on ANY Audi over ANY LR hands down!

I mean who takes a POS GM engine, that GM didn't even want AFTER ONLY 2 YEARS by the way, and molests the poor thing to the point of absolute ruin?? Rover actually made the 3.5 WORSE in its first generation than GM's failed attempt with it. And when Top Gear put the Series I LR against the Willy's Jeep it was based on head to head, the Jeep beat it in every way. It was a flawed design to begin with and only maintains any semblance of validity because it's nearly the only dedicated 4x4 you can still buy in Europe. Fundamentally, the steel LR has used in their frames is cheap and prone to premature corrosion and even their diesel engines aren't anywhere near what purist 4x4 enthusiasts would consider using. But the GM-based 3.5, 3.9, 4.0, and 4.6 engines used in the Defender and Disco I & II have all been progressively worse. Basically you end up with a vehicle that has a flawed frame and flawed engine, what's left to brag about after that? Honestly, the answer comes in the remainder of the drive train - 6-piston front caliper brakes and 4-piston rears with a mechanical design so simple all I needed to fix virtually anything on my vehicle were a simple set of spanners, a couple screwdrivers, and a tube of silicone sealant (FYI about the only gaskets I ever found on my Disco I were the head gaskets).

But as an outsider to the AR group, I would say the confusion with the model has to do with its market definition - not really a 4x4, not really an SUV, and when it was introduced most consumers were moving away from wagons. But still a better daily vehicle than any LR I've owned.

I'm done with my comments now, carry on!

Veteran Member Three Rings m_haiser's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Highland Green Allroad

I could have used so many parts of the highland green AR! :'(