Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Can we get a dedicated RS7 Forum?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    the RS3 has one.

i'm not trying to sound pretentious but it would be nice to have a dedicated forum vs having to sift through all the 3.0t and S6/S7 4.0TT stuff to get to anything RS7 specific.

Thoughts?

am i a dick? cause i kinda feel like a dick.
    2017 Wrangler Sahara
    2015 RS7...stock + Akrapovic
    2009 Nissan GTR....1100whp
    2007 Porsche 911 Turbo...Bolt On's

Veteran Member Four Rings Ze_Nardo6's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You're a dick.

Joking aside, it would make more sense to have a 4.0T forum, would it not? Or are we a peg down even though we share the same platform?
    Mickey (AKA: AudiS4B8)

2017 Nardo Grey S6 | APR Stage 3 | RS Turbos | Akrapovic Exhaust | AMS Downpipes | AMS Cooling System | MRC Carbon Inlets | Eventuri Intake | Satin Black HRE P44SC Wheels | Cete Lowering Module | Alu Kreuz | Eurocode Sways and Endlinks | Neidfaktor Carbon Mirrors | Full Suntek PPF | Opticoat Pro+

Instagram: ze_nardo6
    10.69 @ 129mph

Veteran Member Four Rings CanuckRS's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Rez90 View Post
    the RS3 has one.

i'm not trying to sound pretentious but it would be nice to have a dedicated forum vs having to sift through all the 3.0t and S6/S7 4.0TT stuff to get to anything RS7 specific.

Thoughts?

I disagree, i think you'll find that kind of a forum pretty quiet and boring. Besides, some of the info from the other powerplants will transfer over to the RS such as vcds coding, wheels, suspension etc...
    2016 RS7 | Bathurst 21X10.5 ET32 Michelin PSS 295/25/21 | EBC RedStuff Front/Rear(DP31939C/DP32082C) |

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckRS View Post
    I disagree, i think you'll find that kind of a forum pretty quiet and boring. Besides, some of the info from the other powerplants will transfer over to the RS such as vcds coding, wheels, suspension etc...
    I agree with this sentiment, loved all the vcds stuff and will be transitioning to a rs7 shortly.
    2003 rs/6 apr stage 1 and tiptronic, apr divertors, clear bra, yellow konis SOLD
    2014 S7 audi exclusive edition 1 havana black metallic exterior/havana brown interior w/black stitching/black leather controls with havana brown seams/black floormats w/havana brown piping/piano black inlay/black optic/soft close doors/driver assist/comfort seating/ceramic tint/scotchgard pro series/resonator delete/APR stage 1 ECU/TCU

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

+1 for the RS7 only forum.

Why? 'cuz I too hate having to wade through all the 3.0T + S6/S7 discussions to get to what I want.

RS& specific discussion points I regularly look for:
    Exhaust options (mating various DPs to various exhaust systems without tips)
    ZF Transmission updates
    4.0TT RS7 misfire updates
    APR Stage 2 updates
    Brake pad options
    Track setups/tips/experiences
    '15 RS7 | Nardo Grey | Sport Exhaust | APR Stage 2 w/ DPs | Roc-Euro Intake | H&R Lowering Module | Niche Misano 21x10.5 | Eurocode F/R Sways +Alu Kreuz | TAG reflectors | Neidfaktor Carbon Mirror caps | 10" Alpine Type-S Sub

Veteran Member Four Rings Kevin1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Plus 2 on moving the RS and S models to a different forum
    1 of 1 in the United States - 2015 A6 TDI Prestige with 19" Sports Package and Season Dedicated Tires - Oolong Gray Metalic, Nougat Brown Interior, Dark Brown Walnut Inlays, Black Headliner, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Night Vision Assistant with Pedestrian Detection. Summer - Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Winter - Yokohama Bluearth Winter V905. Eurocode Sway Bars and Links. XPEL Ultimate.

RIP - 2005 A6 4.2 - (February 2005 - August 2014) (142,000 miles)

AZ Member #

On the contrary, I hate looking through all the S7/RS7 stuff because it is making me want to trade up. All jokes aside, I donít really see to much 3.0t stuff here.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

the RS3 has one.

Thoughts?

Well if you feel like a dick, then why did you pose the question in the first place!?!? I don't think there is enough overall volume to justify an RS7 only forum
    Currently: Audi S6 * Audi S3 * Porsche Cayman GTS

Veteran Member Four Rings ericw.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by mavpsire View Post
    +1 for the RS7 only forum.

Why? 'cuz I too hate having to wade through all the 3.0T + S6/S7 discussions to get to what I want.

RS& specific discussion points I regularly look for:
    Exhaust options (mating various DPs to various exhaust systems without tips)
    ZF Transmission updates
    4.0TT RS7 misfire updates
    APR Stage 2 updates
    Brake pad options
    Track setups/tips/experiences
    Everything you mentioned except trans updates and brake pads can be shared with the S 4.0T.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    IG @lolzhax // agilitydrives.us
    C7 S7 4.0tt | LX7U | APR STG1 ECU+TCU | S-FloV2 | EUROCODE SWAYS | CETE ASC | RFX7 | EVO2 | RS7 FR+R | Indicator Delete | Hardwired | Straight Piped
    b7 a4 2.0t | Stage 2+ | DTM Body | All the bolt-on mods | [sold]

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 VW Touareg, 2016 ZX-14R

I can see the argument for A7 to get their own forum and leave the S7/RS7 together. The engine shares most of the same components, the exhaust, wheels, and air suspension are also interchangeable. The A7 is the outlier in this situation.
    2014 S7 Prestige, Stage 1 EPL, Vertini RF1.3 20x10.5, black optics, driver assistance, comfort seats, LED lights, black alcantara headliner, cold weather, carbon fiber inlays

Veteran Member Four Rings wwhan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JGood View Post
    I can see the argument for A7 to get their own forum and leave the S7/RS7 together. The engine shares most of the same components, the exhaust, wheels, and air suspension are also interchangeable. The A7 is the outlier in this situation.
    I think a S6/S7/RS7 would be nice, but I can live with the current forum.

I wish people would state what version of C7/7.5 they have when they post or put it in their signature.

Some people don't even mention they are talking about the A6/A7 2.0T or 3.0T.
    2016 S6 Sport, EPL stg1 , Eurocode Sways

Established Member Two Rings nvygw171's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Corvette ls2 402 stroker, D2 ldiscovery, lr3, a4

Quote Originally Posted by JGood View Post
    Agreed and the A7/A6 crowd might be a little more relaxed about posting if they didn't see a board filled with stuff that doesn't apply to them. Although personally I have no concerns about the A's, S's and RS's all posting here together. A poll might be better suited for this though.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Iím new to Audi so learning the similarities and differences which has been a bit confusing but Iím a bit slow. I get the volume may be lower. I appreciate the question.

2017 RS7 - P
    2017 RS7 Performance - Glacier White / Ti exhaust. All stock for now.

agree agree with rs7 separate, they did it on the rs3 forums as well. There are so many things that are not the same its would be ideal to have them separate imo.
    2016 RS7
    2018 GLC C63s Coupe

Established Member Two Rings doc-haz's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 Corvette Stingray Z51 7spd, 2017 Mercedes GLE 63S AMG

Audiworld has seperate A6, A7, S6, S7, RS6 and RS7 forums. Trying to find info on the S7 forum when I was researching was difficult as it was super quiet and sparse.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by VVG View Post
    Well if you feel like a dick, then why did you pose the question in the first place!?!? I don't think there is enough overall volume to justify an RS7 only forum
    Being a dick has never stopped me from doing or achieving anything. That's not the point of the thread.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Barely anything 3.0t is posted in here, so when it comes to engine performance I'm over at the B8 S4 forums.
    C7 A6 3.0T, APR Stage 2++

Dragy verified times:
    0-60mph 3.32s
    1/4 mile 11.46s @120.07mph

Veteran Member Four Rings lnferno's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Iím in favor of an RS7 specific forum
    Instagram: inferno_rs7

Current: 2014 Audi RS7 Stage 2 | 2016 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 5.7L HEMI
    Past: 2014 Audi S6 Stage 1 | 2011 Audi A6 Suzuka Grey Avant (1 of 1) Stage 2 | 2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S | 2001 Audi S4 - Stage 3+ | 2006 VW Toureg V8 | 2006 A4 Avant - Stage 1 | 2006 Audi A4 - K04 | 2001 Audi S4 - Stage 2

Veteran Member Four Rings S4Per's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Audi S6
    Items for Sale

My prediction: it would get more boring in both places and people would learn less. I almost guarantee it ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Addict::S6 (Build) // UNITED MOTORSPORT by AMD | Milltek DP's and Valvesonic exhaust | 200 CPSI custom cats | AWE intake | Arc's, Helix and Morel's for sound
    2018 Q7 3.0T Prestige | Glacier White Metallic | Titanium Black Optic | Adaptive chassis | Drivers Assistance | Tow | Cold Weather
    -----------------------------------------
    Never forgotten:
    2008 Addict::RS4 (Build)
    2002 S4 Stage 3 Tip

Veteran Member Three Rings A6sport's Avatar
    AZ Member #

the RS3 has one.

Thoughts?

Yes you are, and yes you'd probably have about 75 pages of information. Pretty boring indeed.
    2012 A7 PP| S Exterior| RS Carbon Optics| Carbon spoiler| Carbon diffuser| Carbon mirrors/ carbon pods| V6T badges| Smoked tail, side markers| 21" High-Gloss Black Blade wheels| S sport exhaust| APR Stage II 93 dual pulleys| RS7 intake| S Sport Brembos Ft/RR| TAG B/O rings

Alcantara Exclusive Interior| Super sport seats| FB Steering wheel| S door sills| RS shifter| Audi sport puddle lights
    S Aluminum Pedals| RS floor mats| S start button| Piano Black inlays| RS Seat belts| Ambient lighting|

Established Member Three Rings RSLRS71's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    WK1 and WK2 SRT8 Jeep

the RS3 has one.

Thoughts?

i agree...too much clutter with all the other "c7/c7.5" types
    2017 RSL RS7 (1 of 3 stateside)
    Mods:
    Current: APR Stage II w/ HF DPs and KW H.A.S kit , Rotiform 3 piece SPF 21x10.5 wheels, Tag Motorsports Side marker delete and Badge blackout, ...
    Next: looking to be the quickest RS7! ;)

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Most importantly ya'll can't be fraternizing with the lowly A/S peasants. Hop off that superiority complex and get back to reality. lol

"RS3 has it" point is moot. RS3 has a 5cyl turbo, S3 has a 4cyl turbo.
    If you do that split here, what you'll end up doing is dividing your knowledge and the S and RS crowds will just find themselves with 2 separate places to browse and barely enough content for 1 forum.

Be careful what you wish for.
    C7 S7 4.0tt | LX7U | APR STG1 ECU+TCU | S-FloV2 | EUROCODE SWAYS | CETE ASC | RFX7 | EVO2 | RS7 FR+R | Indicator Delete | Hardwired | Straight Piped

AZ Member #

Being a dick has never stopped me from doing or achieving anything. That's not the point of the thread.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by ericw. View Post
    Most importantly ya'll can't be fraternizing with the lowly A/S peasants. Hop off that superiority complex and get back to reality. lol

"RS3 has it" point is moot. RS3 has a 5cyl turbo, S3 has a 4cyl turbo.
    If you do that split here, what you'll end up doing is dividing your knowledge and the S and RS crowds will just find themselves with 2 separate places to browse and barely enough content for 1 forum.

Be careful what you wish for.
    Barely enough content but more pertinent content is a win. Nothing to do with superiority.

Less time I spend finding what I'm looking for, the more time I get to enjoy my car...which if I'm not grossly mistaken, is what we are all here for.
    '15 RS7 | Nardo Grey | Sport Exhaust | APR Stage 2 w/ DPs | Roc-Euro Intake | H&R Lowering Module | Niche Misano 21x10.5 | Eurocode F/R Sways +Alu Kreuz | TAG reflectors | Neidfaktor Carbon Mirror caps | 10" Alpine Type-S Sub

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mavpsire View Post
    Amen.

Barely enough content but more pertinent content is a win. Nothing to do with superiority.

Less time I spend finding what I'm looking for, the more time I get to enjoy my car...which if I'm not grossly mistaken, is what we are all here for.
    that's what the search feature is for. very handy, check it out sometime.
    2016 RS7 | Bathurst 21X10.5 ET32 Michelin PSS 295/25/21 | EBC RedStuff Front/Rear(DP31939C/DP32082C) |

AZ Member #

the RS3 has one.

Thoughts?

come to think of it, we need a C7.5 RS7 forum to keep those lowly C7.0 drivers in their place. pre-refresh....egads!
    the C7.5 is sooo different, i can't handle wading through all that irrelevant C7.0 stuff. meh.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

come to think of it, we need a C7.5 RS7 forum to keep those lowly C7.0 drivers in their place. pre-refresh....egads!
    the C7.5 is sooo different, i can't handle wading through all that irrelevant C7.0 stuff. meh.
    Don't forget a separate sub forum for those that have ceramic brakes vs. plebian steel rotors.
    C7 A6 3.0T, APR Stage 2++

Dragy verified times:
    0-60mph 3.32s
    1/4 mile 11.46s @120.07mph

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

While we're at it, RS7 and RS7+P need separate forums.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

that's what the search feature is for. very handy, check it out sometime.
    Even though that wasnít my post you were replying to, I wanted to provide an honest counter to what you said above - Iím usually not searching for anything in particular. I just like reviewing threads that are pertinent to the same car I own. I find it interesting seeing the other mods, issues, and just overall experiences with people who have the same type of car. A lot of that, for me, gets lost in the shuffle of the main forum. Iím probably missing a lot of content because of that. I donít have the time or bandwidth to read every post and response on every thread to find the content specific to the model I care about.

Iím not trying to be sarcastic, but you can also make the polar opposite argument that we should combine the S4 and Q5 forums with the C7 since those platforms also share some of the same engines. Hopefully you understand my point for which the spirit it was intended.

Past: 2014 Audi S6 Stage 1 | 2011 Audi A6 Suzuka Grey Avant (1 of 1) Stage 2 | 2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S | 2001 Audi S4 - Stage 3+ | 2006 VW Toureg V8 | 2006 A4 Avant - Stage 1 | 2006 Audi A4 - K04 | 2001 Audi S4 - Stage 2

Established Member Two Rings FourRings115's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by S4Per View Post
    My prediction: it would get more boring in both places and people would learn less. I almost guarantee it ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This.
    '16 S6
    '16 Subaru Forester (company car)
    '11 A8L 4.2 (sold)
    '07 A8L 4.2 (sold)
    '04 A6 2.7T (sold)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by lnferno View Post
    (...)
    Iím not trying to be sarcastic, but you can also make the polar opposite argument that we should combine the S4 and Q5 forums with the C7 since those platforms also share some of the same engines. Hopefully you understand my point for which the spirit it was intended.(...)
    Not really. S4 and Q5 bodies are quite different plus majority of Q5's have 2.0T engine, so different bodies and different engines unless you mean SQ5. As we all know our platform have 2 similar body shells with 3 different engine options for each. So a lot of stuff applies to all models in our platform. For things like interior mods, navigation, driver assistance equipment, radar detector and camera installation, information is usefull for whole platform. I agree, that things like performance mods are pretty much only good for specific engine option, however I would rather have some information that might not matter to me than hunting for it thru various subsections. I personally don't mind reading about stuff like cylinder 5 misfire and stuff like that because the more I learn, the better I will be when it's time to upgrade for example. With that being said I also understand RS7 guys are on a top of the ladder and they have no interest about anything not specific to their cars. I guess it's impossible to keep everyone happy.

AZ Member #

Agreed. I don't need C7.5 posts in my way when I searching the forum on how to update my pathetic round steering wheel to the sexy flat bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by ericw. View Post
    While we're at it, RS7 and RS7+P need separate forums.
    Also agreed. And one for the dynamic edition.

Veteran Member Four Rings RAF_S7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    Don't forget a separate sub forum for those that have ceramic brakes vs. plebian steel rotors.
    Sorry, what we really need is a sub-sub forum so those of us with plebeian circular steel rotors are separated from those wavy disk rotors. I mean, who needs holes. Right?

Joking aside a C7 v C7.5 does seem sensible. Iím sure all those soon to be V6 C8ís will want their own group
    2016 S7 Sepang Blue ///Matrix//Bose//Self Park//Lane Assist//ACC//F&R parking cams//Blackvue DR650//Phone Box//Sunroof//Privacy glass//Carbon mirrors//Neidfaktor Steering wheel//RS Knob//OEM RS Grill//Suntek PPF//De-chromed//Roc-Euro//Modded Exhaust//Cete ASC v2 installed//APR Stage 1 on. WoW
    Gone: 2014 Audi A7Q 3.0 TFSI
    Gone: 2011 Audi A6Q 2.8 TFSI
    Gone: 2009 Audi A3Q 2.0 TDIi

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Are signatures not the norm? This would help.

Also I donít agree with ďRS7rs on top of ladderĒ comment. I respect all car enthusiasts and their rides.

Cheers!

2017 RS7 - P
    2017 RS7 Performance - Glacier White / Ti exhaust. All stock for now.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bluenos View Post
    Are signatures not the norm? This would help.
    I thought I created one before It should be fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by bluenos View Post
    Also I donít agree with ďRS7rs on top of ladderĒ comment. I respect all car enthusiasts and their rides.
    I didn't mean that as derogatory comment. What I mean by that, someone who now own A or S car might get insightful knowledge about possible upgrade car, hence stepping up the ladder, where someone who own RS car wouldn't really step down to A or S car.
    So something specific to RS cars might benefit wider circle of people who now don't need this information than vice versa. That's all.
    2014 Audi A7 3.0T, APR Stage II Dual Pulley, RS7 air box

Veteran Member Four Rings Ze_Nardo6's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Much more important than separating forums is users putting their damn car in their signatures...the ones without signatures are also the ones usually posing questions without clarifying for which car...by far the most aggravating part of this forum
    Mickey (AKA: AudiS4B8)

2017 Nardo Grey S6 | APR Stage 3 | RS Turbos | Akrapovic Exhaust | AMS Downpipes | AMS Cooling System | MRC Carbon Inlets | Eventuri Intake | Satin Black HRE P44SC Wheels | Cete Lowering Module | Alu Kreuz | Eurocode Sways and Endlinks | Neidfaktor Carbon Mirrors | Full Suntek PPF | Opticoat Pro+

Instagram: ze_nardo6
    10.69 @ 129mph

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIofil View Post
    Not really. S4 and Q5 bodies are quite different plus majority of Q5's have 2.0T engine, so different bodies and different engines unless you mean SQ5. As we all know our platform have 2 similar body shells with 3 different engine options for each. So a lot of stuff applies to all models in our platform. For things like interior mods, navigation, driver assistance equipment, radar detector and camera installation, information is usefull for whole platform. I agree, that things like performance mods are pretty much only good for specific engine option, however I would rather have some information that might not matter to me than hunting for it thru various subsections. I personally don't mind reading about stuff like cylinder 5 misfire and stuff like that because the more I learn, the better I will be when it's time to upgrade for example. With that being said I also understand RS7 guys are on a top of the ladder and they have no interest about anything not specific to their cars. I guess it's impossible to keep everyone happy.
    You're missing the point. The point I'm trying to make is it's a fact that it's easier to find content when it's logically organized. If someone is trying to find content specifically for a certain vehicle, it's going to be easier if it's separated out. That doesn't mean that others can't see it or get to it. It just means that the content is more structured. I can't speak for everyone else, but for me, this has absolutely nothing to do with "which car is superior". For all I care, call it the "Lowly RS7 sub-forum". There are several examples of this sub-forum content already setup here on Audizine: B6/B7 S4/RS4 specific sub-forum, S5/RS5 Specific, Q3/Q5/Q7 specific....You get the point. As in the case in the examples that I just listed, a lot of those platforms have some overlap with engines, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't have their own sub-forum. Obviously, someone already considered that and still saw the value in having the sub-forums.

The way I look at it, if you are trying to find specific content, what would be easier, finding that content in one big manual with no chapters, or with a manual that has a chapter specifically for your content. Again, nothing would be stopping anyone from viewing whatever content they want to look at from other forums or sub-forums. I get that there can be overlap with models and platforms. If there's a specific topic that does have overlap, then fine, someone can post in the main general forum vs the sub-forum, but there's still value in having content logically organized.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Jag Ftype R RWD

I would love to see an RS7 forum only, I donít see it as any knock on any other car at all. Letís make it happen

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2016 RS7 Prestige|Silver Prism|stock

2015 Dodge Challenger B5 Challenger Scat Pack Bumble Bee
    Gone 2015 Jag F Type R
    Gone 2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport Premium

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Jag Ftype R RWD

Also, one helpful thing might be to be able to show sigs in the Mobil app? If this can already be done, someone please tell me how to see sigs on Mobil

2016 RS7 Prestige|Silver Prism|stock

2015 Dodge Challenger B5 Challenger Scat Pack Bumble Bee
    Gone 2015 Jag F Type R
    Gone 2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport Premium

Established Member Three Rings RSLRS71's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    WK1 and WK2 SRT8 Jeep

Quote Originally Posted by SilverbackRS7 View Post
    I would love to see an RS7 forum only, I donít see it as any knock on any other car at all. Letís make it happen

there just have been too many times i come on looking for NEW RS7 threads (primarily concerning new APR tunes and new found power) and get excited only to see they are for 3.0T and not the 4.0T...maybe we could split off the A6-RS6 into their own category at a minimum....just my opinion
    2017 RSL RS7 (1 of 3 stateside)
    Mods:
    Current: APR Stage II w/ HF DPs and KW H.A.S kit , Rotiform 3 piece SPF 21x10.5 wheels, Tag Motorsports Side marker delete and Badge blackout, ...
    Next: looking to be the quickest RS7! ;)

Senior Member Three Rings GilliamOS's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '13 A6 3.0T Prestige | 2007 Ford Escape

2013 A6 3.0T - Slightly better than poverty package.

Past:
    2009 A4 2.0T Avant
    2000 A4 1.8T
    1999 Millenia S
    1997 A4 1.8T
    1990 Maxima
    1987 Maxima
    1986 Golf Diesel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast