Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Four Rings fmzip's Avatar
    AZ Member #

NEW ECS Paddle Shifter extension , please read before purchasing

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys. Just so no one else falls victim to purchasing the wrong shifters for their car, the paddles linked below DOES NOT FIT B8.5 Audi's 2013-2016. The previous thread is for this long awaited paddle is closed, the link to the product has been removed but their website is still incorrect.

https://www.ecstuning.com/News/Audi_...8paddles_feb18

Although ECS is aware of the fitment issue, their website still states that these shifter extensions fit the incorrect model. Why the part is still posted on their website with known uncertainty as to what this part fits is beyond me. I am hoping the post helps other shoppers understand things more clearly while their website for this product still remains live, and incorrect. The residual from the closed thread is merely confusing for anyone that may stumble upon it. It is linked below

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...S4-(FACE-LIFT)!

I now understand after purchasing these paddles for my 2015 S4 two things. One, they don't fit my model year. Two, I confirmed what it does fit by wasting $65 more dollars on a different year S4 OEM paddle, while I still patiently wait for an RMA from ECS now 6 days later.

Hopefully ECS will read this post and update their website immediately so no one else orders the wrong part.

If you want to buy this paddle which is linked above....

They don't fit these paddles / wheel pictured below. There is still but a handful of paddles offered for the extended paddles, none of which ECS has to offer as of this posting.

I can confirm that this paddle extension from ECS:

Is compatible if your paddle looks like this :

This paddle is from a 2012 S4. I purchased this paddle to have some options for extensions since the waiting for possible options for extended paddles is too long overdue. Maybe someone else can chime in to state which other years this paddle was used on? If your paddle is not curved like this, the above paddle is not compatible.

Here is the above paddle from the 2012 S4 enclosed in the ECS paddle:

In summary, you have yet another option available for an OEM paddle which already had several options
    2015 S4 - Mythos Black - EPL Stage II/DSG Tune - Eurocode Alu Kreuz - Canyon Run CR-15 - 034 RSB/Billet DTB's - C-Quartz Nano - 3M Pro-X PPF - Audison Voce/Prima - B9 S4 V Spoke Wheels

Established Member Three Rings tominabox1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Looks like they'd also fit the OEM black paddles on b8.5 A4s as well.
    2014 A4 Quattro // Sport Package, Black Optics, Bang and Olufsen
    IE Stage 2, CR-15 Strut Brace, USP High Flow Cat, Spulen turbo inlet pipe, aFe filter

Senior Member Four Rings 14S4GWM's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I looked last night and the new ones for 8.5 are not there and are not in your link. It does say pre facelift now though.
    2014 S4 P+ Glacier White DSG EPL Stage 2/TCU
    Black Optic/ B&O/ Sports Diff/ Carbon Atlas/ V1/ P3/ Carista/ ECS CF Intake/ ECS CF Diffuser/ Bilstein B8/ H&R OE Springs/ H&R 10-12mm Spacers
    C-Quartz/ Suntek PPF/ AWE Touring 102/ 034 X-Brace & Inserts/ Eurocode Sways/ Akebono Pads/ CR-15/ VLED VX3 LED Fogs

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 14S4GWM View Post
    I looked last night and the new ones for 8.5 are not there and are not in your link. It does say pre facelift now though.
    As of two seconds ago it still says this:

New Product
    Fits:
    Audi B8 A4/A5/S4/S5/RS5 Facelift (2013-2016)
    Audi 8V A3/S3 Pre-Facelift (2015-2016)
    Audi C7 A7/A6/S6/S7/RS7 (2012+)
    *equipped with OEM paddle shifters
    2015 S4 - Mythos Black - EPL Stage II/DSG Tune - Eurocode Alu Kreuz - Canyon Run CR-15 - 034 RSB/Billet DTB's - C-Quartz Nano - 3M Pro-X PPF - Audison Voce/Prima - B9 S4 V Spoke Wheels

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by tominabox1 View Post
    Looks like they'd also fit the OEM black paddles on b8.5 A4s as well.
    Are the black ones curved? If they are flat, they will not work. Photo is from https://www.pinalloy.com/collections...ifter-for-audi

Last edited by fmzip; 03-13-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Active Member Two Rings Csir_130's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What are some of the brands that offer extenders for our cars B8.5 S4??? I trying looking but only found vividracing .
    14í S4 EPL stage 2, EPL DSG tune, CTS supercharge pulley, stock size jhm lightweight crank pulley, ECS intake, Mercracing heat exchanger, custom exhaust, cabon fiber duck lip, CR-15, ECS inserts,

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Csir_130 View Post
    What are some of the brands that offer extenders for our cars B8.5 S4??? I trying looking but only found vividracing .

I believe Vivid's:

https://www.vividracing.com/agency-p...151509479.html
    https://www.vividracing.com/agency-p...151509480.html
    https://www.vividracing.com/agency-p...151509481.html
    https://www.vividracing.com/agency-p...151509482.html

are similar, if not these gargantuan eyesores in VIBRANT colors:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Audi-S3...tY71Pm&vxp=mtr

These inexpensive ones ;) :

https://tagmotorsports.com/carbon-ex...6-s6-a3-s3-sq5

These:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-2013-A...item1a1800e269

I believe there are some custom ones here:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...addles-no-more
    Last edited by fmzip; 03-13-2018 at 10:44 AM.

AZ Member #

My ideal shifter looks like this, it's aftermarket for a B9

The issue with b8.5 extended paddle is it's bulky to begin with. I can see why it's difficult to design an extension that hides this eyesore, and or, integrates it seamlessly

Veteran Member Four Rings washyourrhands's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8.5 S4

holy crap I was expecting a large price tag for the TAG ones, but woooow
    2015 Audi S4
    2007 Audi RS4
    2002 Audi S4

Instagram: @washyourrhands #bodenarmy

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by fmzip View Post
    Are the black ones curved? If they are flat, they will not work. Photo is from https://www.pinalloy.com/collections...ifter-for-audi

Mine are curved like the silver ones posted earlier I think. I will snap a photo tonight to verify.
    IE Stage 2, CR-15 Strut Brace, USP High Flow Cat, Spulen turbo inlet pipe, aFe filter

Active Member Two Rings Csir_130's Avatar
    AZ Member #

14í S4 EPL stage 2, EPL DSG tune, CTS supercharge pulley, stock size jhm lightweight crank pulley, ECS intake, Mercracing heat exchanger, custom exhaust, cabon fiber duck lip, CR-15, ECS inserts,

AZ Member #

As of two seconds ago it still says this:

New Product
    Fits:
    Audi B8 A4/A5/S4/S5/RS5 Facelift (2013-2016)
    Audi 8V A3/S3 Pre-Facelift (2015-2016)
    Audi C7 A7/A6/S6/S7/RS7 (2012+)
    *equipped with OEM paddle shifters
    No shit I can read, you cant click on that part to buy its just words and pics, try it, wont work. Click on any of the links below that for any paddles and you will not see any fitment for Facelift s4.
    Black Optic/ B&O/ Sports Diff/ Carbon Atlas/ V1/ P3/ Carista/ ECS CF Intake/ ECS CF Diffuser/ Bilstein B8/ H&R OE Springs/ H&R 10-12mm Spacers
    C-Quartz/ Suntek PPF/ AWE Touring 102/ 034 X-Brace & Inserts/ Eurocode Sways/ Akebono Pads/ CR-15/ VLED VX3 LED Fogs

AZ Member #

No shit I can read, you cant click on that part to buy its just words and pics, try it, wont work. Click on any of the links below that for any paddles and you will not see any fitment for Facelift s4.
    Hey bud, did you get your RMA from ECS? We were both discussing our ill fate in the other thread.

I was only pointing it out that there website is STILL misleading. Wasn't throwing a jab at you with the large font. Hoping ECS will update their website properly and COMPLETELY. CAPS are for ECS......

Hoping they will fix this so some other uninformed individual won't think they fit 2013-2016

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Csir_130 View Post
    Is it safe to say that that the rs3 paddles fit on the b8.5
    I'm not sure, it's not listed here but they do look the same:

https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi__/S...951523XHA.html
    Last edited by fmzip; 03-13-2018 at 01:05 PM.

AZ Member #

Hey bud, did you get your RMA from ECS? We were both discussing our ill fate in the other thread.

I was only pointing it out that there website is STILL misleading. Wasn't throwing a jab at you with the large font. Hoping ECS will update their website properly and COMPLETELY. CAPS are for ECS......

Hoping they will fix this so some other uninformed individual won't think they fit 2013-2016
    Itís all good, I havenít reached out for an RMA yet. They are still sitting in the box in my back seat. I did pm ecs to look at the thread last week and they got back to and said they really dropped ball on this and were now working hard to design something for the 8.5 guys. I guess we will see.

Senior Member Two Rings wastatepride's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quite a few are offered by Pinalloy, just make sure you get the right ones

https://www.pinalloy.com/collections...ifter-for-audi

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 S4 '05 987S

AZ Member #

I got sent the wrong ones as well, been ignored by ECS for a week now. Ordered a few things from them in the past with decent customer service, but this is bullshit.

edit: are these for the 2014+ S4's? Doesn't specify S4 but I'm guessing it will fit? https://www.pinalloy.com/collections...s6-rs7-2014-17
    Last edited by bizzy; 03-13-2018 at 05:15 PM.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbler View Post
    Which factory paddles do you have?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 S4 '05 987S

Which factory paddles do you have?
    The S Style fits my 2014.

I painted the + and - in red.

AZ Member #

Oops forgot to take a picture of mine (B8.5 A4). Looks like they're the "A" style (flat)

Last edited by tominabox1; 03-13-2018 at 06:45 PM.

AZ Member #

I might be getting those, how do they feel when you apply pressure at the top and bottom? Does everything seem stiff?

AZ Member #

These are pretty nice!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 S4 '05 987S

I might be getting those, how do they feel when you apply pressure at the top and bottom? Does everything seem stiff?
    The extensions are 100% solid on the OEM paddles. It's the OEM paddles that are a little wonky, so at the extreme ends there is more play. I think it's really the nature of the button design, and would be hard to alleviate even with an OEM replacement. My hands are rarely at the ends of the extensions, so I still view this as an at least 3x greater useable area.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    I got sent the wrong ones as well, been ignored by ECS for a week now. Ordered a few things from them in the past with decent customer service, but this is bullshit.

edit: are these for the 2014+ S4's? Doesn't specify S4 but I'm guessing it will fit? https://www.pinalloy.com/collections...s6-rs7-2014-17
    Thatís a good question, your right it doesnít specifically say a4 or s4. Your best bet is to email them to find out for sure. It looks these extensions for the bigger paddles.
    Hereís a look at the ones I ordered from them

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wastatepride View Post
    Thatís a good question, your right it doesnít specifically say a4 or s4. Your best bet is to email them to find out for sure. It looks these extensions for the bigger paddles.
    Hereís a look at the ones I ordered from them

You have a B8 right, not a B8.5? I have a 2015 so I need the larger paddle extensions.

Think I'm just gonna try ordering them and see if they fit lol, thanks.

AZ Member #

You have a B8 right, not a B8.5? I have a 2015 so I need the larger paddle extensions.

Think I'm just gonna try ordering them and see if they fit lol, thanks.
    Do it! Yes I have a B8 but the link you put up should fit b8.5, looks like they fit the bigger paddles. Good luck.

AZ Member #

Do it! Yes I have a B8 but the link you put up should fit b8.5, looks like they fit the bigger paddles. Good luck.

Paypal doesn't seem to work on his site for some reason, guess he doesn't want my money lol.

Are you sure it's the S style? His fitment guide says T style for the B8.5 S4's. Just wanna make sure.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 S4 '05 987S

Paypal doesn't seem to work on his site for some reason, guess he doesn't want my money lol.

Are you sure it's the S style? His fitment guide says T style for the B8.5 S4's. Just wanna make sure.
    Remember the 2013 is the B8 paddle and 2014 is the B8.5 paddle. I guess Audi had some parts lying around and didn't make the switch with the facelift. Yes, I'm sure it's Type S for 2014, 15 and 16. If you have 2013, get the earlier model.

AZ Member #

Remember the 2013 is the B8 paddle and 2014 is the B8.5 paddle. I guess Audi had some parts lying around and didn't make the switch with the facelift. Yes, I'm sure it's Type S for 2014, 15 and 16. If you have 2013, get the earlier model.
    I have a 2015. I was confused by the chart he made lol, thanks.