Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Established Member Two Rings rgobantes23's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by stwu View Post
    The Audi Connect might end in 2021? Where did you hear that from?
    Go to Audi USA website under Technology -> Audi Connect, in the Google Earth section/picture you'll see a small text link "view key info" and you'll find everything there (key info #3). I know this thread is now long but this issue has been discussed somewhere in the middle of the thread.

https://www.audiusa.com/technology/i...e/audi-connect

3 Always pay careful attention to the road, and do not drive while distracted. Audi connect should only be used when it is safe and appropriate. Audi connect services and features are optional, provided with the support of authorized affiliated and third-party service providers, and may require additional subscriptions with separate terms and conditions. Available on select models. Certain services collect location information, see Terms of Service for information about how to disable and for other details. Google Earth features will not be available after December 2020 for Model Year 2018 & prior vehicles. Google Earth is a trademark of Google Inc. Connect services are subject to technologies remaining commercially available, such services are not guaranteed, and may not be available after 2021 for equipped MY17-20 vehicles.
    Last edited by rgobantes23; 04-21-2019 at 05:44 AM.
    2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige with S-Package, DAP, Dynamic Steering, Fine Nappa Leather, Carbon Atlas Inlays, Monsoon Gray Metallic and Black Interior

Established Member Two Rings ZeGerman_A4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Google Earth ending December 2020 for 2018 models or older

Quote Originally Posted by rgobantes23 View Post
    Go to Audi USA website under Technology -> Audi Connect, in the Google Earth section/picture you'll see a small text link "view key info" and you'll find everything there.

https://www.audiusa.com/technology/i...e/audi-connect
    Thanks rgobantes23!

So they basically lied to me at the time when I asked.
    I would be interested to know when they added that section.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ZeGerman_A4 View Post
    I repeatedly asked Audi and my dealer and they are not aware of changing on the older models after 2020.

I suggest asking your dealer to go to the Audi USA website, but they will probably point out that Audi is using "may" for Connect Services and not "will not" just like MY2018 or older losing Google Earth features.
    2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige with S-Package, DAP, Dynamic Steering, Fine Nappa Leather, Carbon Atlas Inlays, Monsoon Gray Metallic and Black Interior

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ZeGerman_A4 View Post
    Thanks rgobantes23!

So they basically lied to me at the time when I asked.
    I would be interested to know when they added that section.

Your dealer probably just don't know. The info has been there since last year. It has been discussed in this thread somewhere in the middle. I think one of the posts in this thread showed the key info update when Audi USA officially introduced the all-new A7.
    Last edited by rgobantes23; 04-21-2019 at 11:48 AM.

AZ Member #

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Maybe this should be a class action lawsuit for Audi from all of the affected customers. They canít advertise Google maps in VC as their big selling feature, meanwhile quietly state the removal of the feature somewhere else where people wonít find it unless if they know what to look for. That is utterly unacceptable.

Active Member One Ring ChrisD0885's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'd just like to make some clarifications so we're all on the same page moving forward. The standard map/navigation views will still be available as they are now, there will just not be any 3D views or Google Streetview available based on the software changes made by Google. As of right now Audi does not have a hardware or other similar upgrade that can be made available for MY18 and older vehicles to include the Google Earth functionality. Please feel free to send me a PM on this topic if you have additional questions.

I will also be using this thread as a measuring stick for feedback, as I know this is disappointing news.

Thank you kindly,
    I will sell my car for sure and leave Audi
    Hi and dry

No more 1200 a month from me

Because without the maps overlay
    Itís the ugliest and most dated of all the systems by far .

Bye bye Audi
    Should have kept my cls 550

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456