Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 01 2011
    AZ Member #
    74879
    Location
    east coast

    which leather cleaner and conditioner?

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi I have a 2016 A6 with only 20k miles but the left bolster on the driver's seat is looking pretty dry with crack-like lines so I feel like I should treat it as soon as possible.
    Which products do you guys recommend?
    it's black leather (standard seat).

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 17 2013
    AZ Member #
    109689
    My Garage
    Q7 . A3 3.2 Quattro and way too many cars in the garage.
    Location
    Burlingame

    cant go wrong with adams 2 piece kit.

  3. #3
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 02 2017
    AZ Member #
    392259
    Location
    Beaverton, OR

    Some people like this kit as well https://www.autogeek.net/le16ozkit.html?

  4. #4
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 23 2016
    AZ Member #
    381646
    Location
    Illinois

    I would recommend using Lexol cleaner and conditioner but Leatherique would do the best job. Lexol would be the more economical option, while Leatherique is more expensive it will have your seats looking like brand new.

  5. #5
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 02 2017
    AZ Member #
    392259
    Location
    Beaverton, OR

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacco719 View Post
    I would recommend using Lexol cleaner and conditioner but Leatherique would do the best job. Lexol would be the more economical option, while Leatherique is more expensive it will have your seats looking like brand new.
    Lexol is another good option as well and can be found locally.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Four Rings ENVē's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04 2010
    AZ Member #
    66591
    My Garage
    2018 Audi S4
    Location
    NY

    Leather Master's. Used it on the silk nappa leather in my B8 S4 for 4.5 years 2x a year. Leather looked brand new the day I sold that car. Like it was perfect.
    14' RS5 incoming...

    2018 Audi S4 (wifemobile) -Navarra Blue/Black Optics/Virtual Cockpit/Carbon inlays -Mods coming soon..

    @FlawlessFinishAuto
    @Driven_Not_Hidden

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Four Rings tar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 07 2009
    AZ Member #
    44682
    My Garage
    B8 S4, Orange B5 Avant
    Location
    Socal/IE

    Quote Originally Posted by ENVē View Post
    Leather Master's. Used it on the silk nappa leather in my B8 S4 for 4.5 years 2x a year. Leather looked brand new the day I sold that car. Like it was perfect.
    Strongly recommend this also.
    2011 S4 6mt Black/ Magma/ Carbon
    HRE ff01 | Rotiform ind-t | AWE Touring | P3 | Roc Euro | PLM | Eurocode Sways | Apr Stage 2 | H&R Sport | Q5 ECS Wave F/R | CR15 | AK | Eurocode Inserts | 034 subframe Inserts | Ecs Carbon Diffuser | JHM CP | ECS Short Shifter |

  8. #8
    Established Member Two Rings Phantom_S5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 28 2017
    AZ Member #
    411677
    My Garage
    2010 Audi S5 Prestige, 2016 Lexus NX 300 F Sport
    Location
    LA

    I use Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner and Conditioner: https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys...l+guys+leather

    As well as their Horse Hair brush: https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys...+leather+brush

  9. #9
    Active Member One Ring Livininthinair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 21 2018
    AZ Member #
    414409
    My Garage
    2008 S4 Avant Manual Ibis White
    Location
    Colorado

    Another recommendation for Adams Polishes - regardless of brand use something that is a cleaner and a separate conditioner (remember you get what you pay for, I always have a large arsenal of detailing supplies and don't get upset when I run out and need to buy more, its an investment and good therapy - bond with your car). If you are needing an intense conditioning, clean the seats well, a horse/boar hair or very soft synthetic brush is best as it will help clean but not too harsh on the finish. Clean the seats well and let them completely dry. In the summer I leave the car out in the sun with the windows rolled up for a while, but you can run the heater/seat heaters in colder weather, let the leather heat up warm but not hot to the touch. I put on leather conditioner by hand but you can use a foam applicator, be liberal don't get shy on me now... Cover the whole seat LIBERALLY like I said don't get shy, get all the folds/wrinkles/piping/seams/thread holes (really bond with that sucker). Let the conditioner soak in for an hour or so but don't let it dry, then give a quick but thorough wipe down with a microfiber to get most of the excess off. Let sit for another hour or so, take a clean fresh microfiber and buff the seat to get rid of the shine to your personal taste. Do this every six months, I clean and condition coming out of summer and coming out of winter. A thorough cleaning more often than that is not necessary, just a wipe down to clean dust ect. Adams Polishes (among other brands) also make a good cockpit cleaner/interior detailer that does a good job of cleaning dust/spills/lotion from the wife + adds a UV inhibitor and is more than enough for the weekly maintenance.

    Enjoy your clean soft well protected leather interior...
    Last edited by Livininthinair; 02-28-2018 at 10:25 AM.

  10. #10
    Established Member Two Rings Phantom_S5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 28 2017
    AZ Member #
    411677
    My Garage
    2010 Audi S5 Prestige, 2016 Lexus NX 300 F Sport
    Location
    LA

    Quote Originally Posted by Livininthinair View Post
    Another recommendation for Adams Polishes - regardless of brand use something that is a cleaner and a separate conditioner (remember you get what you pay for, I always have a large arsenal of detailing supplies and don't get upset when I run out and need to buy more, its an investment and good therapy - bond with your car). If you are needing an intense conditioning, clean the seats well, a horse/boar hair or very soft synthetic brush is best as it will help clean but not too harsh on the finish. Clean the seats well and let them completely dry. In the summer I leave the car out in the sun with the windows rolled up for a while, but you can run the heater/seat heaters in colder weather, let the leather heat up warm but not hot to the touch. I put on leather conditioner by hand but you can use a foam applicator, be liberal don't get shy on me now... Cover the whole seat LIBERALLY like I said don't get shy, get all the folds/wrinkles/piping/seams/thread holes (really bond with that sucker). Let the conditioner soak in for an hour or so but don't let it dry, then give a quick but thorough wipe down with a microfiber to get most of the excess off. Let sit for another hour or so, take a clean fresh microfiber and buff the seat to get rid of the shine to your personal taste. Do this every six months, I clean and condition coming out of summer and coming out of winter. A thorough cleaning more often than that is not necessary, just a wipe down to clean dust ect. Adams Polishes (among other brands) also make a good cockpit cleaner/interior detailer that does a good job of cleaning dust/spills/lotion from the wife + adds a UV inhibitor and is more than enough for the weekly maintenance.

    Enjoy your clean soft well protected leather interior...
    Agree. I detail my car every weekend (it's phantom black). While it's a chore to some, I really enjoy "bonding" with my car. It's almost therapeutic to me. Buy quality products and you won't have to spend more in the long run! Will have to try Adam's products sometime. I'm just lucky to have a Chemical Guys store a few miles from where I live here in Cali.

  11. #11
    Active Member One Ring Livininthinair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 21 2018
    AZ Member #
    414409
    My Garage
    2008 S4 Avant Manual Ibis White
    Location
    Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_S5 View Post
    Agree. I detail my car every weekend (it's phantom black). While it's a chore to some, I really enjoy "bonding" with my car. It's almost therapeutic to me. Buy quality products and you won't have to spend more in the long run! Will have to try Adam's products sometime. I'm just lucky to have a Chemical Guys store a few miles from where I live here in Cali.
    The most important thing is to find something that WORKS FOR YOU. If you know what to expect from a product its easier to come up with a methodology to get the most out of that product and that only comes from experimentation. I use a combination of several different manufactures products, things I have experimented with and know what they do and how to safely use them. I like Adam's because they are a Colorado company who offer no nonsense products that do what they are supposed to do. Adam's is also second to none in standing behind their products and offering tech support whenever a question comes up. Chemical Guys makes some great products, I think everyone should try their Jet Seal as its one of the shining stars of their product line. I also use Chemical Guys microfiber wash due to its bang for the buck against others I have tried. Mass market companies also make very good products you can find at any auto parts store or even Walmart, but you have to weed out the not so good results. Meguiar's is another company I have grown to trust, the ultimate protectant and ultimate wax (its a synthetic sealant they call wax...) is very good and long lasting. I've also started using the ultimate quick wax spray as a last step product with good results. The Meguiar's Gold Class carnauba wax and car shampoo are also trustworthy, somewhat foolproof products that always have a place in my arsenal. Mothers makes good products too, I like their clay bars because they are not too aggressive + very inexpensive and once again can be purchased almost anywhere.

    ***One piece of advise, stay away from Mothers VLR - it smells like cheap old man cologne (GAG!!!) I used it once and threw away the bottle - YUCK! My wife asked what the hell that smell was, I was laughing so hard she just went back inside...***

    Sorry this got long but like you I actually enjoy detailing my cars, it is great therapy with the music on in the garage + always look at it like you are protecting an investment... Enjoy - I'm actually doing leather in the S4 this weekend, time to clean out the winter grime!!!
    Last edited by Livininthinair; 03-02-2018 at 11:36 AM.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.