Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Condensation in HID LEnses

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have quite a bit of condensation on my HID lenses. Not sure what’s causing it. Has anyone else had something similar and what is the possible reason? Besides the obvious drying it out what else do I need to do to keep it from coming back? Thanks

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Empty...for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Audi2399 View Post
    I have quite a bit of condensation on my HID lenses. Not sure what’s causing it. Has anyone else had something similar and what is the possible reason? Besides the obvious drying it out what else do I need to do to keep it from coming back? Thanks
    Which model and year is your car? I know that some models, such as the B8.5 A4/S4/Allroad, have the headlights vented to atmosphere so it is possible that humid air enters the housing and can cause condensation on the inside surface of the housing lens cover. I have personally experienced this twice on my 2015 S4 - once was a few days after I bought it in 2014, and the other time was just last week. It manifested as a fogging on the inside of the lens cover, but not as water droplets actually forming/precipitating. In both cases the weather was somewhat chilly, around 50deg.F, and with relatively high humidity and rain. Also in both cases it seemed to take care of itself once the weather dried out a bit.

Are you noticing fogging or droplets of water (or both)?
    2015 Daytona Gray S4
    6MT / Sport Diff / B&O / Tech Pkg / Carbon Atlas / Black Alcantara
    Mods: S5 Peelers, Xpel Ultimate, 3M Color Stable Tint 35%, Bilstein PSS10, Euro Code Alu Kreuz, Eurocode Sway Bars, Moog Endlinks, CR-15, Eurocode Meisterwerk ASTS, AWE Resonated Touring Exhaust, ECS Luft-Technik Intake, 034 Transmission Mount, HCX LED 3000k Fog Lights, Apikol Rear Diff Mount

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I just washed my 2015 a6 and moisture developed and now i have non working headlight.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk