Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

2007 Audi A3 S-line 2.0T 6 speed manual SALVAGE title Los Angeles area

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I realize this is my first (real) post on this forum, and I hate to have it be a Classifieds post, but I figured this audience would be more appreciative of what is left of my car.

Before we begin, let's get three things out in the open:

1. This car was hit while parked on a street.
    2. The insurance company viewed the damage and deemed it a total loss.
    3. I purchased this car from my brother-in-law who took great car of it. There was snafu/delay with the DMV title paperwork. By the time I received the updated/correct title, the car was hit. Because of this, we would do what's called a three-way transaction (according to the DMV representative I spoke with). Not much more complicated than a regular transaction - it just requires my information in addition to the original owner and yours.

The attached pictures show where the damage is - along the driver's side from the rear bumper up to the driver's door. Currently, all the glass from the shattered window has fallen. The airbags did not deploy. Perhaps more disturbingly, the alarm never went off. The rear driver's side door is jammed shut, likely from the impact of accident.

Perhaps some history is in order? As I stated above, I purchased the A3 from my BIL. As I was looking for a commuter that was fun to drive, could carry my bicycle (inside) and relatively frugal, this car fit the bill. In the two months I have had the car, I replaced the A/C compressor, battery, and cracked windshield.

The car was parked on a street when a driver ran smack in to the side of it. Unfortunately, said driver was uninsured. That was on December 19th of last year. Since then, it has sat waiting for me to hear from insurance and decide on which course of action.

At any rate, this car is to be sold as-is. You may have some questions, such as...

Does it run?
    - Absolutely. This car has the Revo Stage 2+ ECU upgrade installed/flashed. It has an upgraded fuel pump as well. It pulls hard. The important bits (engine, drivetrain) are undamaged.

Can I drive it home?
    - Yes, but I would not. The way the rear bumper folded, part of it rests on top of the wheel. I suppose you could cut off that part and drive the car, but that would be up to the buyer.

Why not dismantle it and part it out?
    - I don't have the time to do so. I'd rather sell the car as a whole unit and let someone else work out those details. And I'm afraid I'd be left with parts that no one wants.

Where is it and when can we meet?
    - The car is currently at home near Pasadena. If you want to schedule a time to meet, then we can do that.

Additional information on the car:

2007 Audi A3 6MT 2.0T S-Line, silver
    91k miles
    Neuspeed short shifter
    OZ Ultraleggera 18" wheels (some scuffing from accident)
    Revo Stage 2+ ecu, uprated fuel pump

If you have other salient questions, I would be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

I am asking $2000. If you are willing to give me my asking price, I will throw in the OEM roof rack and two bicycle racks that fit said rack.

Herb
    marmboy (at) gmail . com

Edit - Of course I left my computer that has the pictures of the accident at home. I will upload pictures when I get back after work.
    Last edited by marmaladedad; 02-22-2018 at 07:50 AM.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Veteran Member Three Rings eyrah's Avatar
    AZ Member #

How much for the roof rack?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    - Pauly

2009 Audi A4 Quattro BB/B

AprTuned, Apr quad tip, CTS Testpipe, Eurocode HFIP, LED interior pkg, 15%/35% tint, Bi-xenon, VAG, AWE Custom valance, Customized Grill, RS6 Shift Knob, Aluminum Pedals, ST Coilovers, VMR 713

Build Thread

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Just the roof rack - $150
    Roof rack + two bike carriers - $200

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by marmaladedad View Post
    Just the roof rack - $150
    Roof rack + two bike carriers - $200
    Sweet! You have the glass roof (rack) right? I wish I could buy the whole car as a project but I donít have the cash laying around

- Pauly

AprTuned, Apr quad tip, CTS Testpipe, Eurocode HFIP, LED interior pkg, 15%/35% tint, Bi-xenon, VAG, AWE Custom valance, Customized Grill, RS6 Shift Knob, Aluminum Pedals, ST Coilovers, VMR 713

Build Thread

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Yes, glass roof.

I, too, wish you could buy the whole thing. ;)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Are you willing to sell the front bumper side markers??

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

At this moment, I would like to leave the car as intact as possible. If I decide to begin parting out small items, I will let you know.

AZ Member #

Iíll give you 150 for the roof racks. Iím located in SD, possible pickup? Only thing is I canít really see if thatís the rack I need, could you PM me a pic of the brand and setup as a whole?

- Pauly

Build Thread

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Here are some pictures.
    Attached Images

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by eyrah View Post
    Iíll give you 150 for the roof racks. Iím located in SD, possible pickup? Only thing is I canít really see if thatís the rack I need, could you PM me a pic of the brand and setup as a whole?

I removed these from my A3. I do not know if the roof rack will fit your A4. But if you are interested, pick up is fine with me. I am close to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.

AZ Member #

Oh sorry my signature doesnít say I have an a3 but I do! Sounds good. Iíll shoot you a message.

- Pauly

Build Thread

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Sold. Moderators, please close/delete this thread. Thank you.