Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

autocross classing of 2015 S4

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Anyone know how the 2015 S4 is classed in autocross? Thinking either (a) bone stock or (b) with light mods like cold air intake? Thanks in advance.
    - John
    2015 Audi S4

Established Member Two Rings Moose88x's Avatar
    AZ Member #

All depends on what type of classing they do. SCCA classing is different then NASA. But then each individual region sometimes have funky classifications. Iím running ultracharged with upgrades suspension etc etc and I run STU. But BULEN runs in come type of modded class and is a beast. I would personally contact whoever is in charge of your region and ask

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings Acejam's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by johnheer View Post
    Anyone know how the 2015 S4 is classed in autocross? Thinking either (a) bone stock or (b) with light mods like cold air intake? Thanks in advance.
    For stock classing, the B8/B8.5 S4 goes into BS. Street classing the car goes into STU, and then ASP for Street Prepared. After that, it's SM. If you're running just an aftermarket intake, that puts you into STU.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose88x View Post
    All depends on what type of classing they do. SCCA classing is different then NASA. But then each individual region sometimes have funky classifications. Iím running ultracharged with upgrades suspension etc etc and I run STU. But BULEN runs in come type of modded class and is a beast. I would personally contact whoever is in charge of your region and ask
    Your Ultracharged S4 belongs in SM. STU cannot increase boost. You can increase boost in ASP, but it must be done using stock parts. Once you make hardware changes to increase boost (such as swapping two pulleys) you're bumped into SM.

Many turbo cars on the other hand (Evo, STI, etc) have electronic boost control, so they can simply flash a tune that requests more boost from the OEM boost control solenoid.
    2014 Brilliant Black S4
    DSG / Prestige / Black Optics / Sport Diff / B&O / Carbon Atlas Inlays / Magma Leather
    Modifications: APR Stage 2 Dual Pulley + TCU, JHM 187mm Crank Pulley, APR Open Intake, APR CPS, AWE Touring Exhaust (90mm Silver), ECS 10mm/12.5mm Spacers, 034 Mount Inserts, Hawk HPS 5.0, Rotors w/ PSS (Summer), Peelers w/ LM-32's (Winter)

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Moose88x View Post
    ... Iím running ultracharged with upgrades suspension etc etc and I run STU...Audizine
    Are you running an Ultracharger without any pulley upgrades?? lol STU doesn't allow for increasing boost/pulley ratios/etc. 0.824 to 0.853 PAX difference. You should have your event results recalculated... or DQ yourself.