Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1
    Active Member Two Rings BlackOptics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 22 2011
    AZ Member #
    71306
    Location
    Portlandia

    5-Cylinder Cars (held at Port) Updates & Modifications?

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    As is noted in the RS3 and TTRS forums, there are several of us waiting for their 5-cyclinder cars, as they are held in port. From what we understand (and thanks, Vincenzo, for your personal emails and updates), there is a flash update to be performed early in Feb - and then the cars should be ready for trucking to our dealers. But, we are also hearing other random reasons. Can we get any clarity? Our dealers seem "in the dark", and Audi USA seems to be very sparse with updates on this topic.

    Rumors for the hold and the update (which seemingly "only affects some VIN's") have varied from "sound/emissions related", to HPFP, to a melting waste gate tube, to "engine vibration".

    Rumors for what happens AFTER the "fix" is that the "snap/crackle/pops" are reduced. The online AudiUSA configurator has notably remove reference to "Sport Exhaust System with Black tips" and now seems to charge $1,000 for "RS model oval exhaust tips".

    1) what is the source of the issue and hold?
    2) what is now different about the Exhaust System?
    3) what affects on the performance of the car should be expect due to the 'fix'?
    4) will this effect all 2018/2019 5-cylinder cars? (i.e. even delivered cars)

    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by BlackOptics; 01-26-2018 at 12:07 PM.
    2018 991.2 / 911T, GT Silver Metallic, LWBS, Sport Exh, Sports Chrono, LED's.
    2015 Q7 (4L) 3.0TDI, Glacier White, Prestige, S-Line, Black Optic, Tow, 21" Rotors
    2011 A4 Avant (B8) 2.0T, Ibis White, Premium+, Titanium Sport Pkg, Nav, B&O, 19" Rotors
    [Gone: 2017 TTS, 2003 A4 Avant]

  2. #2
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackOptics View Post
    As is noted in the RS3 and TTRS forums, there are several of us waiting for their 5-cyclinder cars, as they are held in port. From what we understand (and thanks, Vincenzo, for your personal emails and updates), there is a flash update to be performed early in Feb - and then the cars should be ready for trucking to our dealers. But, we are also hearing other random reasons. Can we get any clarity? Our dealers seem "in the dark", and Audi USA seems to be very sparse with updates on this topic.

    Rumors for the hold and the update (which seemingly "only affects some VIN's") have varied from "sound/emissions related", to HPFP, to a melting waste gate tube, to "engine vibration".

    Rumors for what happens AFTER the "fix" is that the "snap/crackle/pops" are reduced. The online AudiUSA configurator has notably remove reference to "Sport Exhaust System with Black tips" and now seems to charge $1,000 for "RS model oval exhaust tips".

    1) what is the source of the issue and hold?
    2) what is now different about the Exhaust System?
    3) what affects on the performance of the car should be expect due to the 'fix'?
    4) will this affect all 2018/2019 5-cylinder cars? (i.e. even delivered cars)

    Thanks in advance.
    Good morning BlackOptics,

    I do appreciate you bringing additional awareness and visibility to this matter. I have been in contact with all of my applicable resources to gain additional information, at this point I am not able to answer any of your questions.
    I apologize, because I know the lack of information on the status has to be the most frustrating part. More information should be coming forth towards the middle/end of February, so please stay tuned until that point.

    Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  3. #3
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 26 2018
    AZ Member #
    413045
    Location
    Livermore, CA

    AudiUSA,

    Are ALL the RS3's sitting in US ports affected? Does this mean that any RS3 sitting at a US port as of this morning will not be delivered until March? I ask, because my dealer is telling me that they will have an RS3 on the lot by next week.

    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 05 2015
    AZ Member #
    325181
    My Garage
    '86 Porsche 944, '73 Dodge Charger, '07 Audi RS4, '01 Audi S4
    Location
    Urbana ,MD

    I can confirm that audi has said they will not have an update until the second week of February and all 5 cylinders are held until at least then.
    Think you have it bad, all 2018 R8's have been at port since October for an undisclosed issue.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Established Member Two Rings Uncle Buck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06 2012
    AZ Member #
    105409
    Location
    Sinking Spring. PA

    There are 2018 RS3ís on dealer lots now - What could have changed??


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  6. #6
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 17 2018
    AZ Member #
    412578
    My Garage
    1995 Pontiac TransAm Convertible, 2015 VW GTI, 2016 Mazda CX-9
    Location
    Round Rock (Austin), Texas

    Vincenzo,

    Any update here ? Are we still waiting until the end of February ?

  7. #7
    Active Member Two Rings BlackOptics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 22 2011
    AZ Member #
    71306
    Location
    Portlandia

    AudiUSA,
    Seems the Canadian 5-cyclinder cars have made it onto transportation.

    Can you report whether the Canadian port Stop Order has been lifted?

    Any news on the US port Stop Order?

    Thanks in advance.
    2018 991.2 / 911T, GT Silver Metallic, LWBS, Sport Exh, Sports Chrono, LED's.
    2015 Q7 (4L) 3.0TDI, Glacier White, Prestige, S-Line, Black Optic, Tow, 21" Rotors
    2011 A4 Avant (B8) 2.0T, Ibis White, Premium+, Titanium Sport Pkg, Nav, B&O, 19" Rotors
    [Gone: 2017 TTS, 2003 A4 Avant]

  8. #8
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackOptics View Post
    AudiUSA,
    Seems the Canadian 5-cyclinder cars have made it onto transportation.

    Can you report whether the Canadian port Stop Order has been lifted?

    Any news on the US port Stop Order?

    Thanks in advance.
    As of this morning I do not have any actionable updates to provide. I am continuing to monitor the situation closely and will post on this thread when there is an update available. Thank you all for your patience.
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  9. #9
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 17 2018
    AZ Member #
    412578
    My Garage
    1995 Pontiac TransAm Convertible, 2015 VW GTI, 2016 Mazda CX-9
    Location
    Round Rock (Austin), Texas

    This is getting old. Cars have been stuck in port since November ?

  10. #10
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Oct 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    408409
    Location
    california

    BlackOptics... Thank you so much for posting this thread. I had a TT RS order in process that I started back in sept and just before this news broke I was expected to take delivery next month. I contacted my dealer and Vincenzo (an amazing and patient professional) and without further explanation my order got pushed back to late april/ early may. Since no information is being provided from anyone from Audi, I can only assume the worst (Audi corporate has likely made it clear not to comment on this). I quickly searched around and found a nardo gray TT RS at a somewhat nearby dealer and pulled the trigger. Thank you again, BlackOptics for helping me out.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Three Rings FuzzyHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21 2010
    AZ Member #
    59283
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois

    Just stopping by to see if we have any updated information. Tons of speculation/rumors flying around, when each of us talk to our SAs not all of them have all the info. Even mine has been given information, that is then false as time goes on. I'm with the OP though, I think we just want to know why, whats being done, and how long they'll be at port. If we just got that information, we can probably all calm down.
    2018 RS3 - APR Stage 1+ - APR Turbo Inlet System - Eurocode FMIC - KW H.A.S. Springs - Milltek Bypass Pipes
    IG: fuzzyhat

  12. #12
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyHat View Post
    Just stopping by to see if we have any updated information. Tons of speculation/rumors flying around, when each of us talk to our SAs not all of them have all the info. Even mine has been given information, that is then false as time goes on. I'm with the OP though, I think we just want to know why, whats being done, and how long they'll be at port. If we just got that information, we can probably all calm down.
    Hello everyone,

    As of right now no new information has been released. I am in close contact with the proper parties and will provide an update as soon as it becomes available. I know this is frustrating for us all, but I am committed to providing the best and most accurate information possible. Thank you all for your patience.
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  13. #13
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 02 2017
    AZ Member #
    407767
    Location
    Seattle

    Vincenzo
    You have been immensely helpful to all of us, I don't think anyone would argue that. Your response above is concerning only because dealers are now singing the tune of "Mid March", but you say you have no updates. Because you have often had info before dealers it makes me hesitate to believe our dealer network is getting all the right information. I hope you can understand our desire to confirm what we are hearing.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 05 2015
    AZ Member #
    325181
    My Garage
    '86 Porsche 944, '73 Dodge Charger, '07 Audi RS4, '01 Audi S4
    Location
    Urbana ,MD

    Dealers got an update yesterday from Audi corporate.

  15. #15
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 02 2017
    AZ Member #
    407767
    Location
    Seattle

    Do you have actual information or are you just thinking aloud?

  16. #16
    Senior Member Three Rings FuzzyHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21 2010
    AZ Member #
    59283
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_G View Post
    Dealers got an update yesterday from Audi corporate.
    Info? Who posts something like this with no context or source?


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2018 RS3 - APR Stage 1+ - APR Turbo Inlet System - Eurocode FMIC - KW H.A.S. Springs - Milltek Bypass Pipes
    IG: fuzzyhat

  17. #17
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by OE2 View Post
    Vincenzo
    You have been immensely helpful to all of us, I don't think anyone would argue that. Your response above is concerning only because dealers are now singing the tune of "Mid March", but you say you have no updates. Because you have often had info before dealers it makes me hesitate to believe our dealer network is getting all the right information. I hope you can understand our desire to confirm what we are hearing.
    Hello OE2,

    Of course I completely understand where you are coming from. The best practice right now is to continue to check individually based on your VIN/commission number to see when they will be released. Speculation is difficult in this setting because I do not want to provide a public timeline if there are delays. If you'd like to take this discussion offline I'm more than happy to check for you.

    Thank you!
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  18. #18
    Senior Member Three Rings FuzzyHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21 2010
    AZ Member #
    59283
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hello OE2,

    Of course I completely understand where you are coming from. The best practice right now is to continue to check individually based on your VIN/commission number to see when they will be released. Speculation is difficult in this setting because I do not want to provide a public timeline if there are delays. If you'd like to take this discussion offline I'm more than happy to check for you.

    Thank you!
    I have my VIN that was supplied to me. My dealer is getting no response from AoA on the cars status at the Houston port. Do you just need me to PM you the VIN?


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2018 RS3 - APR Stage 1+ - APR Turbo Inlet System - Eurocode FMIC - KW H.A.S. Springs - Milltek Bypass Pipes
    IG: fuzzyhat

  19. #19
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyHat View Post
    I have my VIN that was supplied to me. My dealer is getting no response from AoA on the cars status at the Houston port. Do you just need me to PM you the VIN?


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    I'm more than happy to check for you if you have your VIN available. Please send it over whenever you get the chance.
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  20. #20
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 17 2018
    AZ Member #
    412578
    My Garage
    1995 Pontiac TransAm Convertible, 2015 VW GTI, 2016 Mazda CX-9
    Location
    Round Rock (Austin), Texas

    Rumor that cars released from the ports ?

  21. #21
    Senior Member Two Rings Rapture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    14211
    Location
    Milwaukee

    Quote Originally Posted by misterleeman View Post
    Rumor that cars released from the ports ?
    I heard the same rumor today. It would be nice to hear an explanation though on the hold.


    Rapture
    Rapture

    2018 Audi TT RS (Gray/Black, Palomino)
    2014 Porsche C4S GT Silver (Sold)
    2011 BMW 1M Coupe AW (Sold)
    2007 Audi RS4 Lava Grey Pearl (Sold)
    2004 VW R32 Silver (Sold)

  22. #22
    Senior Member Two Rings eurostylzmk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 21 2006
    AZ Member #
    13552
    Location
    York, PA

    mine released to carrier this afternoon for a client.
    http://www.ubereuro.net
    http://www.cbrdspeedfactory.com/
    -Stoptech
    -Oettinger
    -Southbend Racing
    -KW Suspensions

  23. #23
    Senior Member Three Rings FuzzyHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21 2010
    AZ Member #
    59283
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I heard the same rumor today. It would be nice to hear an explanation though on the hold.


    Rapture
    I highly doubt we get any explanation to be honest.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2018 RS3 - APR Stage 1+ - APR Turbo Inlet System - Eurocode FMIC - KW H.A.S. Springs - Milltek Bypass Pipes
    IG: fuzzyhat

  24. #24
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Hello everyone,

    There has been an update on the port holds. Vehicles are starting to be released from the port and released to their carriers so that they can be scheduled for transportation over to the individual dealerships. The best policy is still to check based on VIN/commission number so I encourage everyone to speak with their Audi Brand Specialist for additional details. If any other information becomes available, I will be certain to provide another update. Please see me if you have questions!

    Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  25. #25
    Established Member Two Rings Wkraus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    407475
    My Garage
    2018 Audi RS3 Catalunya Red
    Location
    Burnsville Minnesota

    I stumbled upon this thread by searching google for the problem I was told my car has. The tech said I probably have a melted wastegate hose. My car gets loud, makes no power, and my p3 cars boost gauge will read 22 pounds under boost. Normally 16-17 is max. I have to shut the car off and restart and it is back to normal for a bit. Can I see this hose and if its melted without removing parts? Thanks!

  26. #26
    Senior Member Two Rings wildtouch83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 04 2013
    AZ Member #
    110668
    Location
    United States

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Good morning BlackOptics,

    I do appreciate you bringing additional awareness and visibility to this matter. I have been in contact with all of my applicable resources to gain additional information, at this point I am not able to answer any of your questions.
    I apologize, because I know the lack of information on the status has to be the most frustrating part. More information should be coming forth towards the middle/end of February, so please stay tuned until that point.

    Thank you,
    Now that we are into April, what are the answers to these:

    2) what is now different about the Exhaust System?
    3) what affects on the performance of the car should be expect due to the 'fix'?
    4) will this affect all 2018/2019 5-cylinder cars? (i.e. even delivered cars)
    2018 Nardo Gray TT RS
    2018 Manhattan Gray Q5
    2006 A4 Avant - RIP
    2013 Phantom Black RS5 - *SOLD*



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.