Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

CV axle joint popped out help!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys, wondering if there is an easy fix, doing lowering spring and just about finished with the right side and I pulled to hard and popped the inter cv joint out. Though I thought I had it in all the way it moves very freely (to much) up and down. Not sure if i moved balls etc. Not sure if this is an easy fix or do I need to pull everything apart and remove the how axle? Any advise would be most helpful.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

You should be able to pop it back in if you didn't do anything weird. You can push against the cv boot to make sure the bearings are seated properly. If not, you might have to take it apart which requires new cv clamps and possibly grease.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A5, Lexus CT200h

I did this once and holy crap did it end up being an ordeal. You eventually can get it to pop back in but be careful. When I was attempting to get mine back in we weren't sure how much pressure to apply and didn't have everything lined up and apparently did some damage to the joint. Had to get it replaced not too long after.
    2011 A5 2.0T//Ice Silver Metallic//30% Tint//RS5 Replica Grille//LED Interior Lighting//APR Carbonio Cold Air Intake, HFC, Downpipe, and Stage 1 ECU Tune//Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps//Lamin-x tailights//H&R Swaybars and Street Performance Coilovers

What is strange is its actually in and working (turning) but there is moving side to side as if something came apart or not in correctly. Will be removing the boot today to see what shifted.
    Last edited by brad65ford; 01-24-2018 at 04:50 AM.

Got it! 2 of the 3 bearings come off, had to remove one side of the boot and put them back it. Pain in the butt. Looks good lowered though LOL