Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

35K service claimed against AudiCare, but not all services performed!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi there, I'm the 2nd owner of a 2013 S7 that I purchased with about 28K miles in April 2017 with existing Audi Care. The car just reached 35k miles and when I contacted my local dealer to schedule the 35K service, I was informed it was already claimed at 24k miles in September of 2016 by Audi Mission Viejo. Since Audi specifies the spark plugs for my car to be first changed at 35k or 6 years, I was concerned the dealer didn't change them with 10k+ miles and 3 years left when the previous owner brought it in for service. Email and calls to Audi Mission Viejo's service department to inquire about specific services performed on my car for the 35K service weren't very informative except for them to say "yes those items are part of the 35k service." Not satisfied with their response, I decided to pull a couple of my spark plugs to check their condition and confirmed they were manufactured in June 2012 and look like typical 4 year old used plugs! Now I'm wondering if other major items of the 35K service like the DSG/S Tronic ATF oil and filter replacement were also deferred.

Can you verify that all required maintenance items of the 35K service were indeed performed on my car? And if not, how can Audi rectify the situation?

Lastly, can you retrieve all Audi work & purchase orders that are associated for my car?

Thanks
    2013 Phantom Black S7 | Innovation package | Bang & Olufsen | Comfort seats | LED headlights | 20" 5-arm-rotor design | Carbon atlas inlays | Cold weather package | EPL Stage 1

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SleekS7 View Post
    Hi there, I'm the 2nd owner of a 2013 S7 that I purchased with about 28K miles in April 2017 with existing Audi Care. The car just reached 35k miles and when I contacted my local dealer to schedule the 35K service, I was informed it was already claimed at 24k miles in September of 2016 by Audi Mission Viejo. Since Audi specifies the spark plugs for my car to be first changed at 35k or 6 years, I was concerned the dealer didn't change them with 10k+ miles and 3 years left when the previous owner brought it in for service. Email and calls to Audi Mission Viejo's service department to inquire about specific services performed on my car for the 35K service weren't very informative except for them to say "yes those items are part of the 35k service." Not satisfied with their response, I decided to pull a couple of my spark plugs to check their condition and confirmed they were manufactured in June 2012 and look like typical 4 year old used plugs! Now I'm wondering if other major items of the 35K service like the DSG/S Tronic ATF oil and filter replacement were also deferred.

Can you verify that all required maintenance items of the 35K service were indeed performed on my car? And if not, how can Audi rectify the situation?

Lastly, can you retrieve all Audi work & purchase orders that are associated for my car?

Thanks
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and making Audi of America aware of the situation. In order to examine this further, I would need your VIN and contact info in the form of a PM to make sure your vehicle was serviced per Audi specifications. Did you happen to receive any copies of your repair orders after the service was completed? I am able to view certain information, but for more detailed info (which parts were replaced, what was performed, etc.) speaking with the service department at the dealership is your best bet. If you are having trouble getting in contact with the service department, we can of course try to open the lines of communication. I look forward to hearing from you so I'm able to open a case and conduct further research.

Best regards,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and making Audi of America aware of the situation. In order to examine this further, I would need your VIN and contact info in the form of a PM to make sure your vehicle was serviced per Audi specifications. Did you happen to receive any copies of your repair orders after the service was completed? I am able to view certain information, but for more detailed info (which parts were replaced, what was performed, etc.) speaking with the service department at the dealership is your best bet. If you are having trouble getting in contact with the service department, we can of course try to open the lines of communication. I look forward to hearing from you so I'm able to open a case and conduct further research.

Best regards,
    Hi Vincenzo,

I just sent you a PM with the details you requested.

Regarding the service records, unfortunately they were completed by the previous owner and I do not have any of the records. I had previously contacted the service manager John Hatcher at Audi Mission Viejo via email to inquire about the 35K service. His short response was just listing the items that should have been changed. When I replied and requested the work order to confirm the items were actually changed, he never responded. I then called the service department a few weeks later and spoke to a service consultant named Roy or Ron, when I asked him to confirm the services performed as well as a copy of the work order, he ofcourse replied the spark plugs and DSG oil/filter *should* have been changed but would not be able to give me a copy of the work order as it would contain the previous owner's info which I thought was BS. As I posted originally, contacting Audi Mission Viejo's service department was not helpful.
    On a somewhat positive note, my local dealer (Audi Pacific) has been very good and printed out a list of all performed service codes reported to Audi and explained what the major service codes were, unfortunately they do not include any detail to what was actually performed/replaced.
    2013 Phantom Black S7 | Innovation package | Bang & Olufsen | Comfort seats | LED headlights | 20" 5-arm-rotor design | Carbon atlas inlays | Cold weather package | EPL Stage 1

Veteran Member Three Rings audrobotic's Avatar
    AZ Member #

AoA really needs to step up here. You pretty much proved that Audi MV did not do the work they claimed to do. Which means they billed against AoA Audicare for service(s) they did not perform. This explains why they dont want to provide actual documentation because its essentially fraud.

AoA needs to just authorize the full 35k service with spark plugs and DSG service and make this right.
    Current: 2013 A4 | Past: 2010 A4 | B8 Warning! 2009-2012 = Mechanicís Special

2013 Audi A4 2.0T FWD multitronic CVT | Brilliant Black
    TFSI Longitudinal EA888 CAEB 26.02.13
    EPA MPG: 24 City / 31 Hwy | Oil: Pennzoil 5W40 Ultra
    Blades: Valeo 574462 (VM362) - Mods: Mann-Filter C32130 | Mann-Filter CUK2450
    Tires: 245/45/R17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by audrobotic View Post
    AoA really needs to step up here. You pretty much proved that Audi MV did not do the work they claimed to do. Which means they billed against AoA Audicare for service(s) they did not perform. This explains why they dont want to provide actual documentation because its essentially fraud.

AoA needs to just authorize the full 35k service with spark plugs and DSG service and make this right.

Thanks, that's exactly how I feel. I didn't want to label it as fraud because it is possible the dealer made an arrangement with the original owner to "complete" the 35K service at a later time. But the fact they didn't mention anything like that or want to provide the work orders to me is why I created this thread to get AoA involved.

Audi reauthorizing the 35K service would be the best outcome and I would be completely happy with that.

Sent from my VS995 using Audizine mobile app

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 S5; 2010 Lincoln MKS (3.5 Ecoboost)

Once again, AudiUSA to the rescue. I hope they help you resolve your issue. Shady dealer practices are unacceptable no matter what the brand, but at the prices Audi charges, it is more than criminal! Once had Audi of Alpharetta GA try to charge me ~$7k for a transmission replacement on a car (02 A6 2.7T) with only 55k miles on it when all that needed to be done is a transmission flush, diagnostic, and refill of transmission...$250 dollars worth of work that I ended up paying a certified Audi mech to do at a shop 15 minutes away. That car had over 300k miles on it when I finally sold it...same transmission. The same dealership in Alpharetta (yeah, I'm putting them on blast) told me that an "inoperable" stereo head unit would need to be replaced, and in the same space in time, they told me that my "inoperable" stereo would be sent to a shop, repaired, refurbished, and sold to someone else. I left the dealership contemplating the $1100~$1500 I'd need to spend to replace the unit. I then decided to pull into an AutoZone and check the fuses. The dealership ran a "check" on my radio, but somehow failed to check to see if the fuse was bad. 8 dollars later music was blaring through open windows and sunroof...imagine that, $8 dollar solution to a $1500 problem!!!

I learned that you really have to watch Audi dealerships just like the rest of them.