Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Member One Ring 'SipAudi's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by llex02 View Post
    Wife and I switched car yesterday. I took her Q7 to new Michelins installed. First time sheís taken my A6 since Iíve installed 21Ē wheels on it. Well she managed to curb the front driver side really badly and hit a pothole and popped the tire on the front passenger side. Uuuugghhhhhh.......

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    She better look good!

Veteran Member Four Rings Kevin1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by LYKUNO View Post
    I also have a tendency to "coach" my wife when she's driving - it pretty much infuriates her when I do! But she's actually a very good driver although prefers to let me do most of the driving when we're together. Meanwhile, speaking of wives, I just spotted this on a gun forum I spend time on ... One must know one's priorities!

Hysterical
    1 of 1 in the United States - 2015 A6 TDI Prestige with 19" Sports Package and Season Dedicated Tires - Oolong Gray Metalic, Nougat Brown Interior, Dark Brown Walnut Inlays, Black Headliner, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Night Vision Assistant with Pedestrian Detection. Summer - Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Winter - Yokohama Bluearth Winter V905. Eurocode Sway Bars and Links. XPEL Ultimate.

RIP - 2005 A6 4.2 - (February 2005 - August 2014) (142,000 miles)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by GlacierS5 View Post
    Man o man. I'm not sure if I should laugh because it has happened to me or cry because the additional time you must put in to get her fix and aligned. In the end of the day she's da BOSS or CFO!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Audizine mobile app
    How do you get your wife fixed and aligned?

Established Member Two Rings GlacierS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Audi S5 Coupe, 2008 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by saadcee View Post
    How do you get your wife fixed and aligned?
    With the BIG D of course lol!

2018 Glacier White S5 | Prestige | Sports Pkg | Dynamic Steering | Carbon Fiber Pkg | 034 Motorsports Parts
    2014 Glacier White S6 | Prestige | Sports Pkg | Dynamic Package | Carbon Fiber Trim | EPL ECU/TCU Stage 1

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I could let my better half drive my car, however putting her on my insurance doubled the premium so she elected not to drive it. She had one non fault fully recovered claim in her car and the insurers now feel she is a higher risk driver hence the premium increase.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 Lincoln Navigator

I always have to fight with whoever I'm with about my cars. I always let them drive my car at least once, but then they think its ok all the time. I bought my fun cars (S5/Supra) for my enjoyment. If they get damaged let me be behind the wheel. Stuff seems to always happen when I'm worried about it and its not in my care. The guys who posted that your wives/gf understand your bond, I are truly blessed.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by LYKUNO View Post
    I also have a tendency to "coach" my wife when she's driving - it pretty much infuriates her when I do! But she's actually a very good driver although prefers to let me do most of the driving when we're together. Meanwhile, speaking of wives, I just spotted this on a gun forum I spend time on ... One must know one's priorities!

That better be a quality microfiber wedding dress or he's doing more harm than good.
    2016 S7 Prestige | Daytona | Black Optics | Sport Package | DA |
    Mods : 3M PPF | TAG Cosmetics | Warranty

Senior Member Four Rings VinnysS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by GlacierS5 View Post
    With the BIG D of course lol!

Bwahahaha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Audizine mobile app
    1997 VW GTI VR6 (sold), 2003 Audi RS6 (sold), 2010 Audi A4 2.0T (RIP Totaled on 11/2/2015 ) 2005.5 Audi S4

My build log
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-s-s4-timeline

Texpoops "Correct, but a half inch difference isnít going to accelerate wear by much. Iím sure the front dips that much with a fatty in the front"

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    C7 A6 3.0T Prestige

Quote Originally Posted by jsilas View Post
    I feel bad for some of you guys having to be so tenuous. My wife drives my car regularly, and she's a great driver. I have no significant qualms with her driving my car.
    +1

Besides, I'm the only one who would let her drive when we were teenagers (now in our 30's), so she's learned from me, for the most part. She's driven every car I've owned (some are not in my signature). Her daily MKV Jetta was heavily modified and she drove it for 9 years with no scuffs/scrapes, accidents or wheels curbed on Chicago streets. And, she can drive a manual
    2012 A6 3.0T Prestige
    2006 A4 3.2 SLINE Tip (August 2006-August 2011)
    2008 A4 2.0T SLINE Tip (Gone; TERRIBLE)

AZ Member #

I've had my car 3 years and my wife will not even sit in the driver's seat. I so love that woman!!!
    2014 A6 3.0T Quattro Premium Plus, 20" Sport Package, Glacier White Metallic Exterior, Titanium Grey Interior, Bose, Driver Assistance Package, APR Stage 2+ Dual Pulley

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Took my wife to a track event and two years later now she dumped the SUV and has been tracking with me ever since. She'll be testing out the Panamera this summer against the RS7. Two tanks with a crap ton of horsepower
    2017 Audi RS7 Glacier White w/ Black Optics
    2014 Porsche Panamera Turbo Executive Amethyst

Established Member Two Rings joe biker's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Anyone Let Your Wife Drive Your Car?

Wife complains that she wants to drive my car but
    when I give her the ok she
    declines the offer.
    She isnít allowed to store anything in the garage.
    Only things allowed in the garage
    Tool Box
    Motorcycle KTM Superduke 1290R
    My Car. 18 S4
    Her Mercedes is parked in driveway.
    However she lets me keep it full of gas and clean.

Veteran Member Four Rings Ze_Nardo6's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I thoroughly enjoy when my wife is behind the wheel and I'm riding co-pilot. The experience is totally different and I love how much she enjoys putting the pedal down. Stage 3 scared her initially but she can't wait to drive it now. She never takes it out without me, nor does she want to. And it's almost all straight line sprints for her, which is a ton of fun for me in the passenger seat. Damn does it pull
    Mickey (AKA: AudiS4B8)

2017 Nardo Grey S6 | APR Stage 3 | RS Turbos | Akrapovic Exhaust | AMS Downpipes | AMS Cooling System | MRC Carbon Inlets | Eventuri Intake | Satin Black HRE P44SC Wheels | Cete Lowering Module | Alu Kreuz | Eurocode Sways and Endlinks | Neidfaktor Carbon Mirrors | Full Suntek PPF | Opticoat Pro+

Instagram: ze_nardo6
    10.69 @ 129mph

Active Member Two Rings porksoda's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I would never let any gf/wife/partner drive my car alone. If i am in the car, sure.

Established Member Two Rings Eugeinus's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Lots of interesting responses here. My wife is too scared to drive my car. She drove home from dinner the other night, and it was "white knuckles" and slow slow slow the whole way home. Was kinda funny. She says the car is "too low" and "too fast". I guess when you have been driving an SUV for years and years that's the sentiment you're gonna get.
    ------------------------
    16' S6 Mythos Black

AZ Member #

all I can say is this -- rule 22 for this thread would be impressive...
    2016 Daytona Gray S7. Black optics + sport pkg. APR stage 2 + TCU, eurocode stuff, cosmetic stuff.

AZ Member #

...sorry OP -- I meant that as a joke but pretty sure I just killed your thread!
    2016 Daytona Gray S7. Black optics + sport pkg. APR stage 2 + TCU, eurocode stuff, cosmetic stuff.

Senior Member Two Rings massboykie's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '16 Audi S6, '16 Audi S5 Cab.

Quote Originally Posted by jsilas View Post
    I feel bad for some of you guys having to be so tenuous. My wife drives my car regularly, and she's a great driver. I have no significant qualms with her driving my car.
    Same here!
    2016 Audi S5 Cab. - ECS Intake, K&N DI
    2016 Audi S6 - K&N DI

Not to be forgotten...
    2016 Audi A3 2.0T
    2006 Audi A4 Avant 2.0T
    2002 Audi A6 2.7T

http://www.VAGLinks.com - 2000+ VAG Links!
    http://www.PlanetVAG.com - VAG Only Search Engine!

Senior Member Three Rings 3rdBNCC's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi RS7

My wife is a 4'6" filipino. Enough said. Not a chance in hell. Besides, she has her own tuned Audi.
    2014 RS7 Daytona Gray Pearl
    APR Stage 2, Eventuri Intake
    Various VagCom Mods
    CETE ASC 2.0
    10.340 @ 135.17 on GT260+
    Video: https://youtu.be/9QK36JoJQkg
    IG: @Spikes_RS7
    2014 A5 Cab Black APR Stage 1 (Wife Beater)
    2013 S7 White APR Stage 1 (Sold)
    2011 A6 Silver APR Stage 2 (Sold)

Senior Member Four Rings cobrario's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Q5 3.0T, 2016 Tacoma Sport Crew

when my wife and I were dating back in the late 90's I had a Vortech blown Cobra- the first time I let her drive that car she proceeded to pull away while I watched and did a second gear rolling burnout, at that point I knew she was the one The RS is way faster than the Cobra was but I'd let her drive it any time she likes- where she parks it at is more of what I'm concerned with...
    2016 RS7 Daytona Gray Pearl, Carbon Black, B&O, Cete ASC, Full Suntek, CQFinest, Neidfaktor CF Mirror Caps, 20x10 Rohana RF2 Matte Black, PSS, AWE S-Flo 2.0, MRC CF Inlets, APR DP's, APR Stage 2 back on 93
    Stock: 11.212@ 122.81
    Best APR I on GT260+: 10.40 @ 131.65 980DA & 10.42 @ 132.87 1565 DA (via actual time slip)
    Best APR II on GT260+: TBA
    IG @cobrario_rs7 & @audivstheworld

Veteran Member Four Rings PKmode's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yes and she curbed a wheel the last time she drove it and didn't tell me about it.
    Do it right, or don't bother.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

She drives the S6 all the time and she drove my old Porsche Turbo that had nearly double the power with mods. Not a big deal. Cars can be replaced.
    2016 S6
    2014 Q5 TDI

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

my wife has no trouble driving my car. she just doesn't like driving it because it's even longer than her suv, making it a bit unwieldy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12