Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

AZ Member #

Overhead Camera View Issue

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey Audi -
    Any progress in addressing the software issue present in most of the 2018 models with the new technology where the overhead camera view returns to "Graphic" instead of "Camera" even though it's supposed to default to the last setting? Since it's present in so many vehicles and has dragged on since the first 2018s hit dealers' lots - people are beginning to get really perturbed. In my case I rely on the feature to prevent curbing my wheels when pulling in/out of a parking space next to a curb, as well as seeing an actual picture if something is approaching from the rear - not just a red line. It works reliably in my 2017 Q7 Prestige & also worked when I had my 2017 A4 Prestige. My particular problem now is with my 2018 Q5 Prestige.
    For your reference - this is a thread I started in the MK II Q5 forum of Audi World. There are numerous others in the forums for other 2018 models -https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mkii-discussion-218/top-view-camera-issue-2933609/page7/
    2017 Q7 Prestige, Glacier White
    2018 Q5 Prestige, Ibis White

Gone - 2017 A4 Prestige, Glacier White
    Gone - 2013 Q7 S-Line Prestige, Orca Black
    Gone - 2013 TTS Prestige, Phantom Black Pearl

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Cadx6 View Post
    Hey Audi -
    Any progress in addressing the software issue present in most of the 2018 models with the new technology where the overhead camera view returns to "Graphic" instead of "Camera" even though it's supposed to default to the last setting? Since it's present in so many vehicles and has dragged on since the first 2018s hit dealers' lots - people are beginning to get really perturbed. In my case I rely on the feature to prevent curbing my wheels when pulling in/out of a parking space next to a curb, as well as seeing an actual picture if something is approaching from the rear - not just a red line. It works reliably in my 2017 Q7 Prestige & also worked when I had my 2017 A4 Prestige. My particular problem now is with my 2018 Q5 Prestige.
    For your reference - this is a thread I started in the MK II Q5 forum of Audi World. There are numerous others in the forums for other 2018 models -https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mkii-discussion-218/top-view-camera-issue-2933609/page7/
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and making us aware of this particular concern with the overhead camera on your vehicle. If you are able to send me a PM with your VIN and contact information I can gather some research and determine if there is a TSB or other applicable action available. Thank you!

Best regards,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Senior Member Two Rings dbuxton13's Avatar
    AZ Member #

There are reports on the Facebook B9 S4 owners group of a possible MMI update coming in a couple months that will fix this, can you confirm? It seems pretty pointless to have this awesome topview camera system, only to have the car revert constantly back to the useless black 'graphic' mode nearly every time I put the car in reverse.
    B9 S4

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Vincenzo,

Can you provide an update on when Audi will release a fix for this issue? Was at my dealer last week and Audi isn't giving them any information.

TIA
    2018 S5 SB with S Sport with Prestige, Driver Assistance, and Cold Weather packagers, Carbon Atlas Inlays, Dynamic Steering, Florett Silver, Fine Nappa Rotor Gray

Established Member Two Rings ThetaB8A4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Also an issue in the '18 S5 SB. Would love to be able to use this feature without selecting it each time. Audi help, simple update
    2018 S5 Sportback Prestige
    Ara Blue crystal / Black Nappa S sport seats
    19" Cavo wheels / Carbon Atlas inlays / Dynamic Steering / S Sport pkg / Driver Assistance pkg / Audi Beam Rings

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

As an owner of a 2018 sq5 I must say this is hugely annoying. Cant wait for a fix.

AZ Member #

Hey Vincenzo - Just wanted to followup.
    Last we heard a fix for this issue was anticipated to be released "first quarter - 2018".
    Since we're now 2/3 thru the second quarter, is there any new news????

Thanks for your help & being our connection.....
    2017 Q7 Prestige, Glacier White
    2018 Q5 Prestige, Ibis White

Gone - 2017 A4 Prestige, Glacier White
    Gone - 2013 Q7 S-Line Prestige, Orca Black
    Gone - 2013 TTS Prestige, Phantom Black Pearl

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Cadx6 View Post
    Hey Vincenzo - Just wanted to followup.
    Last we heard a fix for this issue was anticipated to be released "first quarter - 2018".
    Since we're now 2/3 thru the second quarter, is there any new news????

Thanks for your help & being our connection.....
    Hello everyone,

I was able to verify that the solution is still in the process of investigation, and a solution has not yet been introduced or brought to market. I don't want to speculate on a time frame because my resources are showing that one is not available at this point in time. The important thing is to make sure your dealer is notified, so when the solution is introduced you can get it resolved ASAP. I apologize for the delay, but myself and our engineers sincerely appreciate your patience.
    Vincenzo F.

AZ Member #

Add me to the list also Vincent; new 2018 Q7 Prestiges....

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Add me to the list also Vincenzo: 2018 S5 Sportback Prestige. This is really annoying and unacceptable - the kind of service that drove me away from being a long-time loyal Acura owner.
    2018 S5 SB with S Sport with Prestige, Driver Assistance, and Cold Weather packagers, Carbon Atlas Inlays, Dynamic Steering, Florett Silver, Fine Nappa Rotor Gray

Active Member One Ring Sebastian3's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Ugh. Same problem here. I'm glad to know I wasn't going crazy, at least...
    2018 A5 Coupe Prestige

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Vincenzo,

Some customers have reported that with software level 1320 that the overhead graphic issue is fixed. I have not seen any TSBs released for this issue, so how would we approach our dealers in order to get this known issue fixed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ALLROADINGB9 View Post
    Vincenzo,

Some customers have reported that with software level 1320 that the overhead graphic issue is fixed. I have not seen any TSBs released for this issue, so how would we approach our dealers in order to get this known issue fixed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It would be best to speak with the service department of your local dealership to see if there is a recommended repair available for your specific model. The dealership will have to verify based on your VIN to see if there is an applicable software update available to get this corrected. If anyone needs assistance, please feel free to send over a PM.
    Vincenzo F.