Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Established Member Two Rings casey_tuzziano's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '68 Chevy Nova

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry01 View Post
    I bet your stoked to have things buttoned up. Isn’t it obnoxiously loud when the wastegate opens up?

Have you logged any data yet?
    I am super stoked! And to be honest it's not obnoxious when the gate opens, it'll get some heads to turn I'll tell you that much
    Yes, I've been logging data for the past week or so and sending them to my tuner. The first log I did was a completely stock tune before Mirza did anything to it, and the afr's never went past 15.0 (at idle and under boost). Fuel trims were off but made sense since I have bigger injectors.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Established Member Three Rings Jezza's Avatar
    AZ Member #

How does the car run without a MAF? I probably won't be ditching mine anytime soon, but still, I'm curious.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '68 Chevy Nova

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    How does the car run without a MAF? I probably won't be ditching mine anytime soon, but still, I'm curious.
    It runs good without it haha. Even before the tune it ran fine.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '68 Chevy Nova

I'm selling a few of my B8 parts if any of you are interested.
    • ECS Lufteknic Intake
    • comes with everything you need to set it up.
    • Turbo muffler delete
    • Black Forge BOV
    • comes with the harness to plug into the engine harness
    • you'll need some new vacuum line (7/32 i.d.)
    • Silver Forge diverter valve spacer
    • N75 valve

I'm open to all offers, just PM me!

If you're also interested in a couple used K03's with oil/coolant lines and fittings, I got two of them.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '68 Chevy Nova

Going to go get some E85 today. The gas station just got a fresh batch and the blend is right on the money. After that I'll log with Mirza and see where my fuel system lacks the most! *High pressure fuel pump*

Senior Member Three Rings AUDacIouS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4 Stasis

I"m sure Mirza is aware of this, but there are minimal gains above E50. It's not worth the strain on the fuel system when you can safely make the same power at E40-50. What I've done the last year or so is fill up with half 91 and half E85. I've noticed the car runs the same amount of timing with E30 vs E75. I usually bring two 5 gallon cans with and fill them with E85, that way I have two more tanks of gas to make an E40 blend with because the nearest E85 pump is 25 minutes away.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2010 S4: Stasis Touring
    2015 Allroad GIAC E85/APR FMIC/ECS intake/034 HFC, driveline inserts, UCA's/KW V3/H&R sways/20x10 Vossen x Work VWS1

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '68 Chevy Nova

Quote Originally Posted by AUDacIouS4 View Post
    I"m sure Mirza is aware of this, but there are minimal gains above E50. It's not worth the strain on the fuel system when you can safely make the same power at E40-50. What I've done the last year or so is fill up with half 91 and half E85. I've noticed the car runs the same amount of timing with E30 vs E75. I usually bring two 5 gallon cans with and fill them with E85, that way I have two more tanks of gas to make an E40 blend with because the nearest E85 pump is 25 minutes away.

Just told Mirza this information and he's going to adjust the map for E50 and then we'll log from there. Thanks for this tip, Chris

Senior Member Three Rings Perry01's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Touareg V8 FSI MK7 GTI - B8.5 Q5 - B8 A4

I did some experimenting with ethanol this weekend. E85 is not sold here but I know a guy who gets E100. It’s what they use to mix with gasoline at the refinery to make the E10 that’s sold at the pumps.

My stock fuel system cannot keep up with E50. Even E40 was maxing out the HPFP. I found E35 to be the best blend. My K04 tune is pretty aggressive. Your results may vary.
    CTS K04 / IE custom tune / Wagner FMIC

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '68 Chevy Nova

I'm half tempted to drive 6 hours to Mirza and have him Dyno tune it. The downside to remote tuning is all the waiting. I haven't heard back from him in a few days, and I'm anxiously waiting to get my car done. Not complaining, he's a busy guy who has other customers as well. You can't rush perfection....

On a side note, should I do a quad exhaust conversion or keep it single exit/sleeperish?

Senior Member Three Rings Perry01's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Touareg V8 FSI MK7 GTI - B8.5 Q5 - B8 A4

Quote Originally Posted by casey_tuzziano View Post
    I'm half tempted to drive 6 hours to Mirza and have him Dyno tune it. The downside to remote tuning is all the waiting. I haven't heard back from him in a few days, and I'm anxiously waiting to get my car done. Not complaining, he's a busy guy who has other customers as well. You can't rush perfection....

On a side note, should I do a quad exhaust conversion or keep it single exit/sleeperish?
    My remote K04 tune is taking a while because of all the reasons you listed above. If I had the option to drive 6 hours to where my tuner is located, I would do it in a heartbeat. Dyno tune first then fine tune adjustments afterwards on the street is the way to go imo.

BTW, I prefer the sleeper look :-)
    CTS K04 / IE custom tune / Wagner FMIC

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '68 Chevy Nova

So I was doing a little research today and found out Syvecs now has a Stand-alone kit for the tfsi engines. I know I ditched the idea of port injection since it was going to be a hassle wiring in my AEM FIC controller, but since I've found this, it might not be that complicated. Time to go full send.

Senior Member Two Rings cybernet99's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 A4 S-Line, 2004 Yamaha R1

So I was doing a little research today and found out Syvecs now has a Stand-alone kit for the tfsi engines. I know I ditched the idea of port injection since it was going to be a hassle wiring in my AEM FIC controller, but since I've found this, it might not be that complicated. Time to go full send.
    http://www.syvecs.co.uk/products/eng...nge-vag-group/
    Interesting ... Not cheap ... but could truly make the car tunable and easily get past injector fueling issues. Think the HPFP will still be the bottleneck as there are not too many options for that component that go well beyond the factory flow, but this should make tuning sooo much easier for those that know what they are doing.
    Integrated Engineering (Sport Short Block | Sport Head Assy | Intake Manifold), Eurodyne Stg 2, AWE FMIC, ECS Lightweight Flywheel/South Bend Stg 2 Endurance Clutch, 034 Hi Flow SS Cat, Mototec Non-Resonated SS Downpipe | SS Exhaust, GFB DV+, H&R Rear Sway Bar, 034 Billet Transmission Mount Insert, 034 Density Motor Mounts, Apikol Rear Diff Mount, Alu Kreuz, 034 Density Front Control Arms (full kit), UR Strut Bars (Full kit)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '68 Chevy Nova

Tuning will definitely be easier for Mirza. I figured when the hpfp peaks, the port injection will just take over.

Established Member Three Rings B8_Dude97's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I e seen that kit awhile back expensive but removes alll tuning limitations. Also the only important feature I read out of that....

IMG_0883.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '68 Chevy Nova

My RS4 pressure release valve and new cam bridge came in today after being on backorder forever. I'll have to make a new fuel line from the hpfp to the new valve since I don't see a way of making the stock one work. The valve will allow me to run a higher rail pressure. I got the cam bridge because apparently Audi now doesn't sell the little screens that go into the back of it separately anymore...

Last edited by casey_tuzziano; 05-01-2018 at 12:01 PM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '68 Chevy Nova

Finally got around to fixing my Bov issue. I should’ve realized this from the beginning but I found that the vacuum port on the ECS boost tap is like 3mm i.d. Soooooo it wouldn’t make sense to have a 7/32” (5.5mm) vacuum line that runs into a 3mm port.... I connected the vacuum line to a bigger port and now it opens right after I lift, and the noise is addictive. I’ll post pictures later of what I did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by casey_tuzziano; 05-03-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Senior Member Three Rings ip428's Avatar
    AZ Member #

man, im so interested in pulling something like this off, have you gotten a chance to get it dyno'd yet? Subd.
    B8 A5 6MT Prestige/Black Optic/3M/ABT/Rieger/B&O/Airlift/Rotiform/AWE/Superstar Customs/Markland Designs/SPC/CF Splitter/CF Trunk Lid
    MK4 Jetta - Lowered Daily

IG: @infamous_m0
    ACNA Member

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '68 Chevy Nova

Quote Originally Posted by ip428 View Post
    man, im so interested in pulling something like this off, have you gotten a chance to get it dyno'd yet? Subd.
    That’s a big negative. I had a slot on the dyno for the 16th but Mirza left me in the dark. So I’ve been trying to find another tuner that will do it. Out of everybody I know, my girlfriend actually found one in Columbus that can do it, only thing is that I need to buy a maestro tuning suite in order for them to do it. So that’s where I stand right now.

Senior Member Three Rings ip428's Avatar
    AZ Member #

That’s a big negative. I had a slot on the dyno for the 16th but Mirza left me in the dark. So I’ve been trying to find another tuner that will do it. Out of everybody I know, my girlfriend actually found one in Columbus that can do it, only thing is that I need to buy a maestro tuning suite in order for them to do it. So that’s where I stand right now.

damn, sorry to hear. hope you can get that figured out
    B8 A5 6MT Prestige/Black Optic/3M/ABT/Rieger/B&O/Airlift/Rotiform/AWE/Superstar Customs/Markland Designs/SPC/CF Splitter/CF Trunk Lid
    MK4 Jetta - Lowered Daily

IG: @infamous_m0
    ACNA Member

Senior Member Three Rings AUDacIouS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4 Stasis

Eurodynamic, they are in Philly.
    Call Chris: 404-601-2041

Or just contact Jeff @ United Motorsport
    Last edited by AUDacIouS4; Yesterday at 10:20 AM.
    2010 S4: Stasis Touring
    2015 Allroad GIAC E85/APR FMIC/ECS intake/034 HFC, driveline inserts, UCA's/KW V3/H&R sways/20x10 Vossen x Work VWS1

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345