Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 121 to 160 of 169
  1. #121
    Veteran Member Four Rings jjvwg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 01 2012
    AZ Member #
    86019
    My Garage
    2004 A4 Avant
    Location
    CO

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    how did you connect your fuel feed line to the stock lines in the spot shown below? did you use one of the following fittings (https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-at165056erl) where the hard line comes up from the fender, or did you attach to the small rubber hose section between the two hardlines using something like this (https://www.summitracing.com/parts/f...BEgLjyPD_BwE)?

    Last edited by jjvwg; 04-22-2018 at 12:36 PM.
    | 2004 A4 Avant | Gloss Dark Grey |
    | 2.7t K04 swap | 034 RSB | Apikol snub | 17z BBK |Vogtland GT1 Coilovers | Moog adj. UCA's | Peeler reps |

    | 2011 A4 Avant | Brilliant Black | Vogtland Coilovers | RSE's | 034 Sway/tranny mount | Q5 brakes |

  2. #122
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 30 2014
    AZ Member #
    306751
    My Garage
    Nogaro 2000 S4 6-Speed, Ebony Pearl 2002 A4 5-Speed
    Location
    South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by jjvwg View Post
    how did you connect your fuel feed line to the stock lines in the spot shown below? did you use one of the following fittings (https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-at165056erl) where the hard line comes up from the fender, or did you attach to the small rubber hose section between the two hardlines using something like this (https://www.summitracing.com/parts/f...BEgLjyPD_BwE)?

    5/16 barbed to a 6AN
    You win some, you lose some...

  3. #123
    Veteran Member Four Rings jjvwg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 01 2012
    AZ Member #
    86019
    My Garage
    2004 A4 Avant
    Location
    CO

    The barbed fitting seemed like the better option option to me. The hard line connection must work or they wouldn’t make them but they seem like they would be more prone to leaks. I guess I’ll tap into the short 3-4” rubber line between the hard lines there for my setup.

  4. #124
    Veteran Member Four Rings AJacksA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 26 2011
    AZ Member #
    84419
    My Garage
    Paddy Wagon
    Location
    Santa Clara

    Dyno pulls from today.

    Made 339whp and 311wtrq at 26psi. Not bad numbers for a mustang dyno! A dynojet would have probably stated somewhere around 370-380whp.

    Just for comparison, a stock B7 RS4 with a fresh carbon clean did 295whp on the same dyno.


  5. #125
    Established Member Two Rings mrdoofer04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 02 2016
    AZ Member #
    371177
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota

    This has got me real excited as my setup is similar to this but with a few extra goodies (not to brag as your car looks beautiful. Would kill for a white US). Will probably start a build thread soon as goals are to finish for a big vw/Porsche show in cincinnati end of September. These are solid numbers. Question really is, how does the car drive? When is this turbo starting to spool and when are you seeing full boost? I imagine this is probably pretty responsive compared to most BT setups. Motoza will be tuning mine as well (Dave is also tuning a PTE 5858 stroker in a mk1 tt for my homie and I currently)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #126
    Veteran Member Four Rings AJacksA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 26 2011
    AZ Member #
    84419
    My Garage
    Paddy Wagon
    Location
    Santa Clara

    Quote Originally Posted by mrdoofer04 View Post
    This has got me real excited as my setup is similar to this but with a few extra goodies (not to brag as your car looks beautiful. Would kill for a white US). Will probably start a build thread soon as goals are to finish for a big vw/Porsche show in cincinnati end of September. These are solid numbers. Question really is, how does the car drive? When is this turbo starting to spool and when are you seeing full boost? I imagine this is probably pretty responsive compared to most BT setups. Motoza will be tuning mine as well (Dave is also tuning a PTE 5858 stroker in a mk1 tt for my homie and I currently)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oooo definitely make a thread!! Drivability is good although I wouldn't mind a few RPM sooner spool. It starts building boost around 3000rpm so theres a bit to help me putt around town, but it doesn't really ramp up until 3800rpm or so. By that point the tach is moving so fast that to me it looks like im hitting 25psi by 4200 but the dyno graph shows its a bit later.

    I'll try to get a video of some POV driving so you can see how it behaves


  7. #127
    Established Member Two Rings jtoribio6954's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    401063
    Location
    Az

    Quote Originally Posted by AJacksA4 View Post
    Dyno pulls from today.

    Made 339whp and 311wtrq at 26psi. Not bad numbers for a mustang dyno! A dynojet would have probably stated somewhere around 370-380whp.

    Just for comparison, a stock B7 RS4 with a fresh carbon clean did 295whp on the same dyno.

    Bad ass car bro

  8. #128
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 13 2009
    AZ Member #
    39820
    My Garage
    MK3 VR6
    Location
    Houston, TX

    Just running stock pistons w/ IE drop in rods? Returnless fuel rail w/ the 1000cc injectors and pump? Nice numbers, car sounds great.
    2005 1.8T Quattro
    GTRS Eliminator Turbo / Motoza BT 1000cc injector tune / IE intake manifold / TT225 MAF w/ 42DD TT225/Carbonio CF intake / BB Stealth cat-back exhaust w/ ATP 3" test pipe / APR cast DV / CTS Turbo FMIC / JHM short shifter + linkages / 034 street density motor/trans mounts, upper(adjustable) & lower control arms / Bilstein PSS9 coilovers / S4 H&R front / S4 Hotchkis rear sway bars w/ 034 end links

  9. #129
    Veteran Member Four Rings AJacksA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 26 2011
    AZ Member #
    84419
    My Garage
    Paddy Wagon
    Location
    Santa Clara

    Quote Originally Posted by BumblebVR6 View Post
    Just running stock pistons w/ IE drop in rods? Returnless fuel rail w/ the 1000cc injectors and pump? Nice numbers, car sounds great.
    Yep stock pistons/wrist pin, with 19mm IE drop in rods. Fuel system is return style, w/ 1000cc.

    At this point I believe the limiting factor is the head, going AEB w/ built valve train + cams would probably bump me up to 400whp+ but thats when things would start breaking.

    Pistons, transmission, and clutch would need upgrades. Im happy with how it is now, and its been dead reliable for the last 6 months.

  10. #130
    Veteran Member Four Rings Wet0willy01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 17 2008
    AZ Member #
    35356
    My Garage
    05 USP, 68 Camaro, 00 Cavalier
    Location
    USA

    I'm still on stock pistons and 19mm wrist pins. Nothing broken here at 630awhp.
    -Andrew
    2005 Dolphin Grey Ultra Sport
    630AWHP HTA3582R 1.8L
    Before camber and tire stretch, there was horsepower and performance.

  11. #131
    Veteran Member Four Rings AudiA4_20T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 29 2005
    AZ Member #
    8553
    My Garage
    10speed
    Location
    San Francisco, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Wet0willy01 View Post
    I'm still on stock pistons and 19mm wrist pins. Nothing broken here at 630awhp.
    yep. I think people have a lot of theories but not much proof. I've honestly never heard of someone breaking pistons on the B6 forum in 10+ years of being on here.
    - Clint

    Current: 05 B5.5 Passat 4motion 1.8T - Jfonz Tune, 034 HFC, Samco TIP waiting to go on: GTRS, 034 FMIC, 630cc Injectors, Bilstein / H&R Suspension
    Totaled: 04 DG B6 Cabby 1.8T - stock forever
    Gone: White '04 S4 2.7T - Stage 2+
    Gone : Fastest B6 A4 ever - 464awhp/12.1@116
    Gone : 05 DG B7 2.0TQ - Stage 1

  12. #132
    Veteran Member Four Rings AJacksA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 26 2011
    AZ Member #
    84419
    My Garage
    Paddy Wagon
    Location
    Santa Clara

    Thats good to hear, I never actually saw anyone aside from IE state the limits of the stock pistons, and their numbers seem to be conservative compared to real world experience.

    Still though, the 5 speed is something the definitely doesn't like a ton of power thrown at it. I've had friends blow theirs up wit similar setups. If anything I might try a GTX2871r Gen II or something along those lines to try to get a little bit better spool and possibly gain some power at the same time. Unless the head really is the bottle neck

    Fun as hell as it is now though

  13. #133
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 13 2009
    AZ Member #
    39820
    My Garage
    MK3 VR6
    Location
    Houston, TX

    But stock rods should definitely be swapped when over or close to 300 awhp?
    2005 1.8T Quattro
    GTRS Eliminator Turbo / Motoza BT 1000cc injector tune / IE intake manifold / TT225 MAF w/ 42DD TT225/Carbonio CF intake / BB Stealth cat-back exhaust w/ ATP 3" test pipe / APR cast DV / CTS Turbo FMIC / JHM short shifter + linkages / 034 street density motor/trans mounts, upper(adjustable) & lower control arms / Bilstein PSS9 coilovers / S4 H&R front / S4 Hotchkis rear sway bars w/ 034 end links

  14. #134
    Senior Member Three Rings Gunnarrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 25 2015
    AZ Member #
    322635
    My Garage
    NPC bugman gadgets
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by AJacksA4 View Post
    Yep stock pistons/wrist pin, with 19mm IE drop in rods. Fuel system is return style, w/ 1000cc.

    At this point I believe the limiting factor is the head, going AEB w/ built valve train + cams would probably bump me up to 400whp+ but thats when things would start breaking.

    Pistons, transmission, and clutch would need upgrades. Im happy with how it is now, and its been dead reliable for the last 6 months.
    what are you thinking as far as cams go? since the IE ones are near impossible to get.
    BIG TURBO SPAGHETTI BOYS

    PM ME if you have any of the following parts for sale
    01E Trans
    B6 3.0L 6 Speed clutch pedal/clutch slave cyl/clutch master cyl/shifter box/trans mount/trans mount crossmember/prop shaft/front axles
    Flat Bottom Steering Wheel from an 8K S4/S5 or C7/7.5 S6/RS6/S7/RS7 with hook-style airbag connections
    8V A3/S3 Steering Wheel Airbag - single stage
    B7 RS4 Recaros

  15. #135
    Veteran Member Four Rings Seerlah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05 2007
    AZ Member #
    23104
    Location
    A place between here and there

    Limiting factor isn't the head or the intake manifold. They are more like restrictions, but a built aeb head with cams won't get you what you are looking for. They can only assist. It is your fueling and tune where you want to dig into more if you want 400whp.

    If you have e85 around, it would be the cheapest way for you to get the power you want. Then a built head at that point can let you ride the powerband more...into the 400whp range (theoretically).

    I run a CT2 5152, which basically flows like a gt3071r. Butt dyno has me at 350whp, and I recently converted my fuel system to run e85 (not complete). Just drop in rods, e85 should get me close to the 400whp range.That is the idea anyways. I'm in a similar boat as you and this is the path I chose (basically running with what works on all platforms).

    For motivation, person ran a custom gt3076r eliminator on e85 in my section years back.

    https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...h-Maestro-tune
    I hate it when my car acts like a little bitch, treating me like a bitch

  16. #136
    Veteran Member Four Rings AJacksA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 26 2011
    AZ Member #
    84419
    My Garage
    Paddy Wagon
    Location
    Santa Clara

    Quote Originally Posted by BumblebVR6 View Post
    But stock rods should definitely be swapped when over or close to 300 awhp?
    In my opinion 100% yes. Depends on your torque spike mostly, but for peace of mind and to get the most out of your setup do it for sure.

  17. #137
    Veteran Member Four Rings AJacksA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 26 2011
    AZ Member #
    84419
    My Garage
    Paddy Wagon
    Location
    Santa Clara

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnarrrrr View Post
    what are you thinking as far as cams go? since the IE ones are near impossible to get.
    You could go with CAT cams, talk to Arnold at PAG parts and see what he says. For me I don't think I'll be going that route any time soon, more likely that I'll go for a smaller turbo like a 2867 GTX Gen2. Newer tech that spools quicker yet out flows the 3071r.

  18. #138
    Veteran Member Four Rings AJacksA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 26 2011
    AZ Member #
    84419
    My Garage
    Paddy Wagon
    Location
    Santa Clara

    Quote Originally Posted by Seerlah View Post
    Limiting factor isn't the head or the intake manifold. They are more like restrictions, but a built aeb head with cams won't get you what you are looking for. They can only assist. It is your fueling and tune where you want to dig into more if you want 400whp.

    If you have e85 around, it would be the cheapest way for you to get the power you want. Then a built head at that point can let you ride the powerband more...into the 400whp range (theoretically).

    I run a CT2 5152, which basically flows like a gt3071r. Butt dyno has me at 350whp, and I recently converted my fuel system to run e85 (not complete). Just drop in rods, e85 should get me close to the 400whp range.That is the idea anyways. I'm in a similar boat as you and this is the path I chose (basically running with what works on all platforms).

    For motivation, person ran a custom gt3076r eliminator on e85 in my section years back.

    https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...h-Maestro-tune

    Right now I'm on e85. As far as fueling goes, I still have room to go with my return setup and the 1000cc injectors. Timing wise we are seeing 24-25 deg up top @26-27psi without a peep of pull.

    As far as tuning, what else can be done? I know there's a point of diminishing returns with timing without increasing engine RPM, at least thats what Dave said. Or something along those lines. At this point the only thing to do on this setup would be to bump up the boost?

    Also keep in mind that on a dynojet I would likely put down somewhere between 370-380whp with my current setup. The 3071r is rated to the ballpark of 450hp, which im nearing

  19. #139
    Senior Member Three Rings Gunnarrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 25 2015
    AZ Member #
    322635
    My Garage
    NPC bugman gadgets
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by AJacksA4 View Post
    You could go with CAT cams, talk to Arnold at PAG parts and see what he says. For me I don't think I'll be going that route any time soon, more likely that I'll go for a smaller turbo like a 2867 GTX Gen2. Newer tech that spools quicker yet out flows the 3071r.
    Looking to go full-frame and ditch the stock manifold or mess around with modifying your elim housing?
    Only asking cause I see ur local, and u know how the CA smog game goes.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Audizine mobile app
    BIG TURBO SPAGHETTI BOYS

    PM ME if you have any of the following parts for sale
    01E Trans
    B6 3.0L 6 Speed clutch pedal/clutch slave cyl/clutch master cyl/shifter box/trans mount/trans mount crossmember/prop shaft/front axles
    Flat Bottom Steering Wheel from an 8K S4/S5 or C7/7.5 S6/RS6/S7/RS7 with hook-style airbag connections
    8V A3/S3 Steering Wheel Airbag - single stage
    B7 RS4 Recaros

  20. #140
    Veteran Member Four Rings AJacksA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 26 2011
    AZ Member #
    84419
    My Garage
    Paddy Wagon
    Location
    Santa Clara

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnarrrrr View Post
    Looking to go full-frame and ditch the stock manifold or mess around with modifying your elim housing?
    Only asking cause I see ur local, and u know how the CA smog game goes.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Audizine mobile app
    Im running a full frame GT3071R, and I'm just now dealing with smog. Its nuts. By next week I'll find out if I passed

    Are you able to pass with an elim?

  21. #141
    Veteran Member Four Rings Seerlah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05 2007
    AZ Member #
    23104
    Location
    A place between here and there

    Quote Originally Posted by AJacksA4 View Post
    Right now I'm on e85. As far as fueling goes, I still have room to go with my return setup and the 1000cc injectors. Timing wise we are seeing 24-25 deg up top @26-27psi without a peep of pull.

    As far as tuning, what else can be done? I know there's a point of diminishing returns with timing without increasing engine RPM, at least thats what Dave said. Or something along those lines. At this point the only thing to do on this setup would be to bump up the boost?

    Also keep in mind that on a dynojet I would likely put down somewhere between 370-380whp with my current setup. The 3071r is rated to the ballpark of 450hp, which im nearing
    That is exactly what you need...more boost. If you feel you want to build your head first before going for more numbers, still boils down to you needing more boost. A built head makes it that much easier with at least an extra 1000rpm.

    Most people who are looking for higher numbers on e85 run 30psi at a minimum. I am at 25psi on pump gas for reference. Turn up the boost and get ur dun

    I should have read your thread more, or remembered your fueling at least. Sorry about that
    I hate it when my car acts like a little bitch, treating me like a bitch

  22. #142
    Veteran Member Four Rings AJacksA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 26 2011
    AZ Member #
    84419
    My Garage
    Paddy Wagon
    Location
    Santa Clara

    Quote Originally Posted by Seerlah View Post
    That is exactly what you need...more boost. If you feel you want to build your head first before going for more numbers, still boils down to you needing more boost. A built head makes it that much easier with at least an extra 1000rpm.

    Most people who are looking for higher numbers on e85 run 30psi at a minimum. I am at 25psi on pump gas for reference. Turn up the boost and get ur dun

    I should have read your thread more, or remembered your fueling at least. Sorry about that
    Im not opposed to upping the boost, Dave wanted to see my power numbers before going past 27psi. Being mafless he cant make an accurate estimate, but he guessed I'd be in the 350whp area.

    I still have stock head bolts atm, if I go for 30psi I'll upgrade to ARP hardware beforehand for peace of mind.

    So you're running 25psi on 93 no meth? What sort of timing numbers are you running?

  23. #143
    Veteran Member Four Rings Seerlah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05 2007
    AZ Member #
    23104
    Location
    A place between here and there

    25psi on straight 93 octane. Person tuning my car wanted to go for more boost, but my crank gear was not dowelled at the time and I got intimidated. So we stopped at 25psi. Since then I installed the IE press fit gear, but am quite happy with 25psi to hold me over. Not sure on timing advances, but I know he tunes very aggressive (Dan[FN]6262 remote tuned my car via Maestro). Set my stock rev limit to 7.7k rpm. Rev it a little over 7k all the time, then leave the extra for my safety cushion.

    That is one reason I mentioned about the head not being your limiting factor (not discrediting gains from valvetrain mods). With a built head (springs), people still rev to like 8k rpm to stay in the safe range. Not too far from where I am (I'll blow my engine if I rev that high), minus luxury of what comes with a built head. You can set up your system to draw more air in, but in the end still requires the same thing which is more boost/timing.

    I am in no way saying don't build a head. I want to build one and was in the process of building one (times got rough, project took a big back burner and drifted into the abyss). What I am saying is that isn't your limiting factor. What you are looking for to me personally can be sought in more tuning. Every tuner is different though. B5 S4 guys are running 30(+)psi e85 all day getting 450-475whp on k04s for example, 350-400whp otherwise. 2.8 heads didn't make the difference, e85 and more boost did. Apples to oranges, but you get the idea.

    *note I would not suggest that much boost on stock head bolts. maybe why the 27psi, as that can cause head lift scare when getting in higher numbers. I personally run ARP head bolts, otherwise stock block with forged rods. Up your hardware, up your boost, and see what you can get out of it. if I did not run ARP bolts, this conversation most likely would not even exist*
    Last edited by Seerlah; 07-25-2018 at 09:15 AM.
    I hate it when my car acts like a little bitch, treating me like a bitch

  24. #144
    Senior Member Three Rings Gunnarrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 25 2015
    AZ Member #
    322635
    My Garage
    NPC bugman gadgets
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by AJacksA4 View Post
    Im running a full frame GT3071R, and I'm just now dealing with smog. Its nuts. By next week I'll find out if I passed

    Are you able to pass with an elim?
    Damn I would think there's no way any shop would pass a top mounted gt30 like that.

    I'll find out come Feb, I'd imagine it shouldn't be an issue. I run a modded stock airbox, oem ported exhaust manifold, and I'll be throwing the smic back on for the smog check. All my readiness monitors check out.

    I got hit with a ref ticket about a year ago, similar setup minus the gt2871r. The main issues the ref had as far as visual; boost guage tapped into the intake manifold, and the FMIC.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Audizine mobile app
    BIG TURBO SPAGHETTI BOYS

    PM ME if you have any of the following parts for sale
    01E Trans
    B6 3.0L 6 Speed clutch pedal/clutch slave cyl/clutch master cyl/shifter box/trans mount/trans mount crossmember/prop shaft/front axles
    Flat Bottom Steering Wheel from an 8K S4/S5 or C7/7.5 S6/RS6/S7/RS7 with hook-style airbag connections
    8V A3/S3 Steering Wheel Airbag - single stage
    B7 RS4 Recaros

  25. #145
    Veteran Member Four Rings Wet0willy01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 17 2008
    AZ Member #
    35356
    My Garage
    05 USP, 68 Camaro, 00 Cavalier
    Location
    USA

    Quote Originally Posted by AJacksA4 View Post
    Im not opposed to upping the boost, Dave wanted to see my power numbers before going past 27psi. Being mafless he cant make an accurate estimate, but he guessed I'd be in the 350whp area.

    I still have stock head bolts atm, if I go for 30psi I'll upgrade to ARP hardware beforehand for peace of mind.

    So you're running 25psi on 93 no meth? What sort of timing numbers are you running?
    36psi or bust
    -Andrew
    2005 Dolphin Grey Ultra Sport
    630AWHP HTA3582R 1.8L
    Before camber and tire stretch, there was horsepower and performance.

  26. #146
    Veteran Member Four Rings AJacksA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 26 2011
    AZ Member #
    84419
    My Garage
    Paddy Wagon
    Location
    Santa Clara

    Bringing this thread back! Car is still up and running beautifully. No issues at all since the build and daily driven... each and every day.

    I thought I'd give a little gift to the car for treating me well.

    Hello Gen2 GTX3071r


  27. #147
    Registered Member Four Rings EuroxS4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 24 2010
    AZ Member #
    53856
    My Garage
    2003 Atlas Grey A4 Avant 1.8T 6speed manual quattro,2002 GSXR 600
    Location
    Paramus,NJ USA

    Its a beautiful thing.Glad your still changing some things up.I wonder if anyone ever did a compound turbo setup on one of these cars.You know use a small turbo to spool a big one to reduce lag.Would be interesting!
    VW/Audi Immobilizer removal and immobilizer adapting solutions for any and all VAG Vehicles,Odometer matching, SKC/Pin retrieval services.Located in Northern NJ.For inquries pm for details.

  28. #148
    Established Member Two Rings mrdoofer04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 02 2016
    AZ Member #
    371177
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota

    Nice! Good looks on the gauge pod. Really looking forward to setting it up with my AEM boost controller and AFR gauge. Oh and compound setup would be cool, but realistically everyone has moved away from them because of all the new turbo tech. Also this gtx3071r should have great balance of response and overall big power! I wanna see some dyno numbers so I can see where I might be once I get my project up and going!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #149
    Veteran Member Four Rings AJacksA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 26 2011
    AZ Member #
    84419
    My Garage
    Paddy Wagon
    Location
    Santa Clara

    A compound setup gives me a headache just thinking about it. At that point a standalone would probably be needed and with that, a simpler solution could be low rpm nitrous to spool up the larger turbo. Im happy with the spool of the 3071r series, with this new GTX my initial goal is to stay at the same power levels with less boost. Just to reduce cylinder pressures. At some point I'll throw in some arp head studs and crank it up to 30+psi. That should push me to 450whp. Keep in mind this is all with a stock amb head so no cams, valve train work, upgraded IM, etc...

    It's essentially a drop-in rods setup. If the butt dyno shows an increase in power at 25psi, I'll dyno it. My hope right now is that I have enough fuel running e85 with the 1000cc injectors. This thing flows wayy more than the GT

  30. #150
    Registered Member Four Rings EuroxS4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 24 2010
    AZ Member #
    53856
    My Garage
    2003 Atlas Grey A4 Avant 1.8T 6speed manual quattro,2002 GSXR 600
    Location
    Paramus,NJ USA

    Quote Originally Posted by AJacksA4 View Post
    A compound setup gives me a headache just thinking about it. At that point a standalone would probably be needed and with that, a simpler solution could be low rpm nitrous to spool up the larger turbo. Im happy with the spool of the 3071r series, with this new GTX my initial goal is to stay at the same power levels with less boost. Just to reduce cylinder pressures. At some point I'll throw in some arp head studs and crank it up to 30+psi. That should push me to 450whp. Keep in mind this is all with a stock amb head so no cams, valve train work, upgraded IM, etc...

    It's essentially a drop-in rods setup. If the butt dyno shows an increase in power at 25psi, I'll dyno it. My hope right now is that I have enough fuel running e85 with the 1000cc injectors. This thing flows wayy more than the GT
    Sounds alot similar to my engine.Except I'm using a AMB block with forged rods,AEB pistons with gold coat and PC-9 on the skirts,and tool steel 20mm wrist pins.AEB head stock mostly except for the NA APT cams I just got which should provide a little bit more extra power up top.3mm Head spacer installed,ARP head studs,ARP Crank mains as well.All new bearings throughout.BW S257sxe turbo and a garrett 600hp core,1000cc injectors.Looking to hold it together with 35+psi of boost,lets hope!!To make a long story short.My particular engine is a pure low budget build.Nothing special.I thought about nitrous to spool the turbo but I dont know if I want to go that way yet.Time will tell.Its a project for the winter.Still need to finish engine assembly and get a exhaust fabricated and intake plenum done,using a 75mm throttlebody from a r32.
    VW/Audi Immobilizer removal and immobilizer adapting solutions for any and all VAG Vehicles,Odometer matching, SKC/Pin retrieval services.Located in Northern NJ.For inquries pm for details.

  31. #151
    Veteran Member Four Rings AudiA4_20T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 29 2005
    AZ Member #
    8553
    My Garage
    10speed
    Location
    San Francisco, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by AJacksA4 View Post
    Bringing this thread back! Car is still up and running beautifully. No issues at all since the build and daily driven... each and every day.

    I thought I'd give a little gift to the car for treating me well.

    Hello Gen2 GTX3071r

    Why didn't you go with the 2nd gen 2867?
    - Clint

    Current: 05 B5.5 Passat 4motion 1.8T - Jfonz Tune, 034 HFC, Samco TIP waiting to go on: GTRS, 034 FMIC, 630cc Injectors, Bilstein / H&R Suspension
    Totaled: 04 DG B6 Cabby 1.8T - stock forever
    Gone: White '04 S4 2.7T - Stage 2+
    Gone : Fastest B6 A4 ever - 464awhp/12.1@116
    Gone : 05 DG B7 2.0TQ - Stage 1

  32. #152
    Veteran Member Four Rings BARRY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02 2007
    AZ Member #
    22288
    My Garage
    AE86 20v, UZZ30 LS2, 2002 A4 B6 1.8t, E63 AMG
    Location
    San Diego, Ca

    we don't have enough space in our engine bays to appropriately manage the heat and piping associated with compound forced induction.
    2007 Mercedes E63 AMG - Nardo Grey, Pano, LTH X-Pipe, Res Del, ROW Box Mod, Programa ELM, UPD Arms
    2003 Audi A4 1.8t Q Avant - Maestro, 225TT Inj, TP, FMIC, Thermal R&D Exh, KW V3, BBK / Ferrodo DS2500
    1992 SC400 - LS2 6.0, LTH, Tomei 2-Way, KW V3, BattleVersion Arms
    1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S SOLD - 20 Valve, Haltech E8, Toda 272 8.5mm, Toda Cam Gears, Silkroad High Rise Headers, TRD 2-Way, TRD SS Race

  33. #153
    Veteran Member Four Rings itsmatt33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    44958
    Location
    Pasadena

    Quote Originally Posted by AJacksA4 View Post
    Bringing this thread back! Car is still up and running beautifully. No issues at all since the build and daily driven... each and every day.

    I thought I'd give a little gift to the car for treating me well.

    Hello Gen2 GTX3071r

    still think you should have went gen 2 gtx2867r. more efficient. better spool and same power for your current setup. you wont be able to get any where close to maxing that thing.
    GTX2867r Audi A4 B6 TQM RECARO|HRE|ER|IE|APR|AWE|034 Build page here
    Daily Driven Audi Q3 Neuspeed|HRE|REMUS|KW Build page here
    IG: @matthewee

  34. #154
    Senior Member Three Rings Gunnarrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 25 2015
    AZ Member #
    322635
    My Garage
    NPC bugman gadgets
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA

    An ATP GT3071r Build Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by itsmatt33 View Post
    still think you should have went gen 2 gtx2867r. more efficient. better spool and same power for your current setup. you wont be able to get any where close to maxing that thing.
    +1 I’ll max that thing out tho so u should sell it to me hehe


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    BIG TURBO SPAGHETTI BOYS

    PM ME if you have any of the following parts for sale
    01E Trans
    B6 3.0L 6 Speed clutch pedal/clutch slave cyl/clutch master cyl/shifter box/trans mount/trans mount crossmember/prop shaft/front axles
    Flat Bottom Steering Wheel from an 8K S4/S5 or C7/7.5 S6/RS6/S7/RS7 with hook-style airbag connections
    8V A3/S3 Steering Wheel Airbag - single stage
    B7 RS4 Recaros

  35. #155
    Veteran Member Four Rings itsmatt33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    44958
    Location
    Pasadena

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnarrrrr View Post
    +1 I’ll max that thing out tho so u should sell it to me hehe


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    get yourself a better exhaust mani first lol.
    GTX2867r Audi A4 B6 TQM RECARO|HRE|ER|IE|APR|AWE|034 Build page here
    Daily Driven Audi Q3 Neuspeed|HRE|REMUS|KW Build page here
    IG: @matthewee

  36. #156
    Senior Member Three Rings Gunnarrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 25 2015
    AZ Member #
    322635
    My Garage
    NPC bugman gadgets
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA

    An ATP GT3071r Build Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by itsmatt33 View Post
    get yourself a better exhaust mani first lol.
    Why do I know exactly where this conversation is going lmao




    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    BIG TURBO SPAGHETTI BOYS

    PM ME if you have any of the following parts for sale
    01E Trans
    B6 3.0L 6 Speed clutch pedal/clutch slave cyl/clutch master cyl/shifter box/trans mount/trans mount crossmember/prop shaft/front axles
    Flat Bottom Steering Wheel from an 8K S4/S5 or C7/7.5 S6/RS6/S7/RS7 with hook-style airbag connections
    8V A3/S3 Steering Wheel Airbag - single stage
    B7 RS4 Recaros

  37. #157
    Veteran Member Four Rings AJacksA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 26 2011
    AZ Member #
    84419
    My Garage
    Paddy Wagon
    Location
    Santa Clara

    Quote Originally Posted by EuroxS4 View Post
    Sounds alot similar to my engine.Except I'm using a AMB block with forged rods,AEB pistons with gold coat and PC-9 on the skirts,and tool steel 20mm wrist pins.AEB head stock mostly except for the NA APT cams I just got which should provide a little bit more extra power up top.3mm Head spacer installed,ARP head studs,ARP Crank mains as well.All new bearings throughout.BW S257sxe turbo and a garrett 600hp core,1000cc injectors.Looking to hold it together with 35+psi of boost,lets hope!!To make a long story short.My particular engine is a pure low budget build.Nothing special.I thought about nitrous to spool the turbo but I dont know if I want to go that way yet.Time will tell.Its a project for the winter.Still need to finish engine assembly and get a exhaust fabricated and intake plenum done,using a 75mm throttlebody from a r32.
    Your setup would blow mine out of the water lol. I'm sure that things gonna rip, especially if you go with e85. It certainly helps the spool up as well, comes on a couple hundred RPMs sooner from what I can tell

  38. #158
    Veteran Member Four Rings AJacksA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 26 2011
    AZ Member #
    84419
    My Garage
    Paddy Wagon
    Location
    Santa Clara

    Quote Originally Posted by itsmatt33 View Post
    still think you should have went gen 2 gtx2867r. more efficient. better spool and same power for your current setup. you wont be able to get any where close to maxing that thing.
    Eh we'll see, a couple reasons I went with this one is to avoid downtime. Doing some maintenance on the RS so I needed the B6 up and running quickly. Took a couple of hours and I was back on the road. Reusing the turbine housing was a plus as well, saved a bit on the cost. Also having to modify my exhaust due to the different turbine housing turned me away. And not having to re-tune was another plus. I'll still send some logs to Dave to make sure he thinks its good.

    Down the line I might make the switch to the 2867r, I'm sure this puppy will get scooped up quick if I went that route.

    You around this Friday?

  39. #159
    Veteran Member Four Rings AJacksA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 26 2011
    AZ Member #
    84419
    My Garage
    Paddy Wagon
    Location
    Santa Clara

    Some pics








  40. #160
    Veteran Member Four Rings SleeperAvant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 21 2005
    AZ Member #
    6966
    Location
    Milton, Ontario

    Very nice. How does she drive?
    – Steve

    2005 A4 Avant 1.8T Quattro MT
    • Comp Turbo Billet T3/T4 4756 • SPA clone manifold • Turbosmart ultragate • Forge 007 DV • 034 SPA 3" downpipe, B6 S4 exhaust • AEB head & intake manifold • EV14 750cc @ 4bar • Snow Performance Meth injection • Eurodyne Maestro • Bilstein PSS9 • OZ ultraleggera matte bronze w/Conti Extreme Contact Sport • B5 S4 front brakes • 034 street density engine mounts • JHM B7 RS4 LWFW + clutch

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.