Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
Results 1,681 to 1,705 of 1705
  1. #1681
    Established Member Two Rings meticulist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 13 2017
    AZ Member #
    402776
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by OE2 View Post
    So here's the deal
    I came with my own financing because of the lower rates. I came with my own CU bank check and another, PenFed, that I have done business with as well. The dealer told me they are going to wait 10 biz days for my (bank) checks to clear and not release the car, or they could run a credit check on me and I could get the car now.

    I think this is BS, what do you guys say?
    BTW if I had gone through my CU only I could have had everything done at the dealer but my CU interest rate was too high.


    ps in Wa state the AG office states a dealer has 4 business days to complete a transaction or the contract is no longer valid. I reminded my dealer of this when they mentioned 10 biz day waiting period.
    I experienced a similar situation and told them no way they needed to ding my credit when my bank had already approved the financing. This particular dealership stated it's a company policy that they do not accept personal checks for down payments without them being certified or letting them clear first. To take it further, they needed actually see the certified check being cut at the bank! Talk about making you feel like your money's no good.

    We were able to work around this by requesting that the dealer drive and meet me at the bank convenient to my office and they were welcome to stand in line at the teller and see the check be cut.
    '17 RS 3 | @meticulist

  2. #1682
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    407851
    Location
    SFLA

    Quote Originally Posted by OE2 View Post
    So here's the deal
    I came with my own financing because of the lower rates. I came with my own CU bank check and another, PenFed, that I have done business with as well. The dealer told me they are going to wait 10 biz days for my (bank) checks to clear and not release the car, or they could run a credit check on me and I could get the car now.

    I think this is BS, what do you guys say?
    BTW if I had gone through my CU only I could have had everything done at the dealer but my CU interest rate was too high.


    ps in Wa state the AG office states a dealer has 4 business days to complete a transaction or the contract is no longer valid. I reminded my dealer of this when they mentioned 10 biz day waiting period.
    Normally when you dealing with one credit union they do a draft or whatever and everything gets taken care of on the spot. But with two different checks i donít know. My common sense tells me they bullshitting and should take care of everything and not make you wait.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #1683
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    393992
    Location
    Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by misterleeman View Post
    Find another dealer. I've always paid with a personal check and never had any problem.
    I dont blame them for not taking a personal cheque ...

  4. #1684
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    407851
    Location
    SFLA

    Quote Originally Posted by lalalaprise View Post
    I dont blame them for not taking a personal cheque ...
    I donít either but they should have a way to verify the check on the spot. My exís last car was bought with a $36,000 check. They took it with no issues. Took the car the same day.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #1685
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2017
    AZ Member #
    409460
    Location
    Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by OE2 View Post
    So here's the deal
    I came with my own financing because of the lower rates. I came with my own CU bank check and another, PenFed, that I have done business with as well. The dealer told me they are going to wait 10 biz days for my (bank) checks to clear and not release the car, or they could run a credit check on me and I could get the car now.

    I think this is BS, what do you guys say?
    BTW if I had gone through my CU only I could have had everything done at the dealer but my CU interest rate was too high.


    ps in Wa state the AG office states a dealer has 4 business days to complete a transaction or the contract is no longer valid. I reminded my dealer of this when they mentioned 10 biz day waiting period.

    The way you guys do this in the States is weird, if they let you go without approval and it comes back as a bad check they have to repo the car, and it is now used, so I get their point. Up here a car is not sold until financing is approved. We can also get a certified check from the bank that is basically cash, they donít issue it if you donít have the funds, and it takes the dealer three minutes to verify it. Do you not have that option?

  6. #1686
    Established Member Three Rings shivaswrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    407250
    Location
    NJ/CT

    I put $10,000 down on a credit card and rest with a PN check...dealers are crooks.
    2017 RS3 | Xpel in the front & Feynlabs all around | WINCOS IR 30% F and 20% R | 245/35-19 Pirelli Sottozero Serie II for winters | I'm not modding this super amazing car so I'm going to list stupid $hit like RS3 All season mats and Blendmount for Escort Max

  7. #1687
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 17 2018
    AZ Member #
    412578
    My Garage
    1995 Pontiac TransAm Convertible, 2015 VW GTI, 2016 Mazda CX-9
    Location
    Round Rock (Austin), Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lalalaprise View Post
    I dont blame them for not taking a personal cheque ...
    I've bought Chevys, Fords, BMWs, Mazdas, and Infinitys and never had an issue with a personal check.

  8. #1688
    Veteran Member Three Rings dazed1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2013
    AZ Member #
    107758
    Location
    SF Bay Area

    I gave a 20k check, and rest was through my CU. Took the car the same day. No questions asked, no credit run.

  9. #1689
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 01 2018
    AZ Member #
    413365
    Location
    Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by laminam View Post
    Picked her up and brought her home today, posed with the family. It's the wife's replacement for a dieselgate A3, the RS5 is mine. Super practical garage for us. :)

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    That java green is such a killer color man. Iíve been dreaming of it ever since you posted this. If I wasnít so impatient I wouldíve ordered one with custom paint. Makes me want to get a little crazy and wrap my black one....


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. #1690
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    393992
    Location
    Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon69 View Post
    I donít either but they should have a way to verify the check on the spot. My exís last car was bought with a $36,000 check. They took it with no issues. Took the car the same day.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They could have easily called the bank and checked..

  11. #1691
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    393992
    Location
    Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by misterleeman View Post
    I've bought Chevys, Fords, BMWs, Mazdas, and Infinitys and never had an issue with a personal check.
    Would you take a personal cheque from someone off Craigslist??

  12. #1692
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 29 2015
    AZ Member #
    339878
    Location
    NJ

    Dealers that take personal checks use a service to verify the check, in doing so it is guaranteed by the processor. In doing so they pay the same fee as they would for a credit card charge. Normally because of this, they limit the amount of check they will accept as well as any amount charged to a credit card. Likely dealers not taking personal checks are not willing to take the approx. 3% hit on the check.

    Cashier's or Certified Checks are funds backed by the bank. Typically your bank will charge for a Cashier's check but often allow certified checks for free. I know a Cashier's check includes a phone number that can be called to verify the funds, those funds are guaranteed by the bank, meaning they remove the money from your account upon printing. Certified checks the funds are held by the bank, there is only a small difference between the two but Cashier's check is the better of the two.

    The unwillingness to let them pull credit will only make them more suspicious. Any money related to a loan even obtained by you dinged the credt, the dealer running it will not matter. It just appears you shopped the finance more than one place. When the dealer finances they pull credit but it does not guarantee the financial instituitn providing the loan won't do the same. In addition, credit checks are not that damaging to your score.

  13. #1693
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 17 2018
    AZ Member #
    412578
    My Garage
    1995 Pontiac TransAm Convertible, 2015 VW GTI, 2016 Mazda CX-9
    Location
    Round Rock (Austin), Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lalalaprise View Post
    Would you take a personal cheque from someone off Craigslist??
    The car is registered in your name. They know where to find it, and require you have insurance on it. Their business is to sell cars. If they make it difficult, you will shop somewhere else.

  14. #1694
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 17 2018
    AZ Member #
    414183
    Location
    California

    Quote Originally Posted by OE2 View Post
    So here's the deal
    I came with my own financing because of the lower rates. I came with my own CU bank check and another, PenFed, that I have done business with as well. The dealer told me they are going to wait 10 biz days for my (bank) checks to clear and not release the car, or they could run a credit check on me and I could get the car now.

    I think this is BS, what do you guys say?
    BTW if I had gone through my CU only I could have had everything done at the dealer but my CU interest rate was too high.


    ps in Wa state the AG office states a dealer has 4 business days to complete a transaction or the contract is no longer valid. I reminded my dealer of this when they mentioned 10 biz day waiting period.
    Iím assuming when you say ďBankĒ check, you meant Cashierís Check from Penfed CU and other financial institution. Dealer should have accepted them and not made you wait..but the dealer has every ability to be risk averse and be concerned with the validity of the checks and wait. Not a good business practice but if theyíve been burned before..this would be the reason. Again this is has nothing to do with you personally..even though it feels personal.

    If you kept copies of the checks you could have asked them to call the bank and CU and see if they will verify if they have cleared. This will the give the dealer more comfort to release the vehicle sooner. However some banks and CUsí no longer verify if funds are good or have cleared due to privacy regulations.

    Sorry you have to wait... You could go back and talk to the sales Mgr and Finance Mgr to get the reasoning explained to you further. It may or may not make you feel better but it might help.

  15. #1695
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    393992
    Location
    Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by misterleeman View Post
    The car is registered in your name. They know where to find it, and require you have insurance on it. Their business is to sell cars. If they make it difficult, you will shop somewhere else.
    It's just that... it's their business... they can run it the way they want. You've had success giving people personal cheques....but it's not a foregone conclusion that every dealer will operate the same. I've worked in dealerships and we rarely had people trying to give us personal cheques. It's almost as if they knew no one takes them. They brought bank drafts or cashiers cheques.

  16. #1696
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 02 2018
    AZ Member #
    414885
    Location
    dc

    Quote Originally Posted by lalalaprise View Post
    It's just that... it's their business... they can run it the way they want. You've had success giving people personal cheques....but it's not a foregone conclusion that every dealer will operate the same. I've worked in dealerships and we rarely had people trying to give us personal cheques. It's almost as if they knew no one takes them. They brought bank drafts or cashiers cheques.
    never had dealers refuse a personal check, most recent example is buying the rs3. $15k personal check, no issues. i would have put the whole $20k on my card, but they limited it to $5k on credit card.

  17. #1697
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 02 2017
    AZ Member #
    407767
    Location
    Seattle

    Update:

    My email to my SA(some details changed to protect the sales adviser)
    Hi
    I am doing my research on purchasing a vehicle in Wa state. You are the first dealer to tell me you are holding the vehicle for 10 days when I have provided certified checks. There is nothing I signed that stated you are authorized to hold the vehicle for 10 days.

    I have also contacted the Wa state AG office and they pointed me to the following language that can apply to my auto purchase:

    "Under the law, car dealers are allowed four working days to find financing and finalize a sale after a buyer has signed a contingent contract. If the financing falls through, the dealer must tell the buyer that the contract is voided and return any initial payment or security given by the buyer, including but not limited to money, check, promissory note, vehicle keys, trade-in or certificate of title. This must occur before re-negotiating a new contract with different terms and before the end of the fourth working day If a dealer calls the buyer back more than four days after the contract was executed to change the deal (even if the new terms are favorable), bushing has occurred."

    There are 2 things at play here, I signed a contract on 4/4 not knowing the one of the checks needed to be endorsed so technically after those 4 days from signing the contract I can ask for both of my checks back. Because we both didnít know I needed to endorse the check and I came in on 4/10 to do so. Your team has until COB Monday to either complete the transaction or give me both checks back.

    I hope this can be taken care of this week but either way by Monday 4/16 I will expect the car or my money back
    Email referencing VM I recieved 2hrs after my email to my SA
    Left s voicemail. You can pick car up tomorrow afternoon.

  18. #1698
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2017
    AZ Member #
    409460
    Location
    Vancouver

    Good news. You guys are stuck in the dark ages when it comes to this stuff

  19. #1699
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 25 2012
    AZ Member #
    87192
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Items for Sale

    Interesting fact from Doug Demuro's video on the RS3 says cars were delayed at port because of wheel/fender clearances? Has this been confirmed elsewhere?

    https://youtu.be/ZBiYn0l47XQ?t=3m46s

  20. #1700
    Established Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    393992
    Location
    Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by tmorgan4 View Post
    Interesting fact from Doug Demuro's video on the RS3 says cars were delayed at port because of wheel/fender clearances? Has this been confirmed elsewhere?

    https://youtu.be/ZBiYn0l47XQ?t=3m46s
    Sounds made up

  21. #1701
    Veteran Member Four Rings rongeur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 04 2011
    AZ Member #
    76443
    Location
    Clayton, CA

    Wheel clearance has nothing to do with an ecu update that preceded release.

    Not to beat a dead horse but:
    1- Unless you are applying for multiple credit loans in a short period, dealer checking your credit score will have negligible impact. (https://www.myfico.com/credit-educat...ort-inquiries/)

    2 - I paid with personal check and some on CC for points. No problems. I was in and out in about 2 hours for everything. I found it incredibly useful to ask if a personal check was accepted long before the car arrived... If you asked and they changed their policy to not accept then they probably have a reason or concern for that particular transaction.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2008 A4 2.0T Quattro 6MT S-Line QGM
    Stage 3 JHM TD05H-R on a fully built motor
    Build Thread

  22. #1702
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 20 2018
    AZ Member #
    415822
    Location
    USA

    Quote Originally Posted by tmorgan4 View Post
    Interesting fact from Doug Demuro's video on the RS3 says cars were delayed at port because of wheel/fender clearances? Has this been confirmed elsewhere?

    https://youtu.be/ZBiYn0l47XQ?t=3m46s
    He just said that it was installed at the port because it was only for American cars. My pre-port-hold car has them.

  23. #1703
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 13 2015
    AZ Member #
    342365
    Location
    SoCal

    Quote Originally Posted by 2018_RS3 View Post
    He just said that it was installed at the port because it was only for American cars. My pre-port-hold car has them.
    Installed at port, yes. Port hold, no.

  24. #1704
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2017
    AZ Member #
    409460
    Location
    Vancouver

    Which is totally wrong anyway because all markets have them.

  25. #1705
    Active Member One Ring Suzqttro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 03 2018
    AZ Member #
    411960
    My Garage
    Audi SQ5
    Location
    Fleming Island Fl

    Whoop Whoop! My TTRS is being transported from the factory. ETA is 6/18!! Super excited! Only 2 months later than originally expected it.

    Sent from my VS995 using Audizine mobile app

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.