Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,160 of 1710
    Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krillien View Post
    Lol maybe I was unclear, I was just lamenting on why the RS5s get the design package, but the RS3 doesn't.
    Ohhh ok sorry, I thought you were unhappy the RSDP came standard on the RS5 and you wouldn't want it if you bought one.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Lol maybe I was unclear, I was just lamenting on why the RS5s get the design package, but the RS3 doesn't.
    Meaning Canada doesn’t get the RS Design Package for the RS3?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 0000 RS5 View Post
    Meaning Canada doesn’t get the RS Design Package for the RS3?
    No. We get a few other things but that is not an option.

Senior Member Three Rings FuzzyHat's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by itskeyes View Post
    can also confirm, eta for delivery now 21st - 26th. My local dealer gets an rs5 in stock friday.
    Delivery to the dealer or just software update and released to carriers? There is a difference :)
    2018 RS3 - APR Stage 1 - Eurocode FMIC - KW H.A.S. Springs - Milltek Bypass Pipes
    IG: fuzzyhat

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by rongeur View Post
    4 doors is desirable but a 2 door coupe not indefinitely held at port is starting to look pretty good!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    The issue I have is buying a car because the one I REALLY want is being held at port. That seems like settling to me...may regret that decision down the road but if you were seriously considering an RS5 anyway than its a moot point.
    2018 Audi RS3 - DSG - Nardo Grey - Black Optics - Sport Exhaust - Tech - Black Rotors
    2013 VW GTI - DSG - Candy White - UNI Stage 2 - CTS Intake - Euroswitch - Golf R LED Tailis - UNI Downpipe - Akrapovic Cat-Back Exhaust - OEM Euro Front Lip - H&R Sport Springs -- SOLD
    2011 VW GTI - 6speed - Carbon Steel Grey - APR Stage 2 - Carbonio Intake - Euroswitch - Golf R LED Taills - RAI Turboback Exhaust -- SOLD

AZ Member #

On the slightly unrelated topic of RS5s vs RS3s, I can't believe Canadian RS5s are getting the RS design package!!!! Boooooooo
    Heh...also I dont think there is a black optics package...it seems to be a carbon package which is obscenely expensive...
    2018 Audi RS3 - DSG - Nardo Grey - Black Optics - Sport Exhaust - Tech - Black Rotors
    2013 VW GTI - DSG - Candy White - UNI Stage 2 - CTS Intake - Euroswitch - Golf R LED Tailis - UNI Downpipe - Akrapovic Cat-Back Exhaust - OEM Euro Front Lip - H&R Sport Springs -- SOLD
    2011 VW GTI - 6speed - Carbon Steel Grey - APR Stage 2 - Carbonio Intake - Euroswitch - Golf R LED Taills - RAI Turboback Exhaust -- SOLD

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I just got a call from the dealer. My date has been 26DEC for ever. The date just changed to 18Mar, but it still says hold. At least something changed.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by audidriva View Post
    I just got a call from the dealer. My date has been 26DEC for ever. The date just changed to 18Mar, but it still says hold. At least something changed.

That is seriously harsh, I feel for you guys.

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

My SA
    We just got communication from Audi the fix is available and they will start the software updates on cars at the ports starting tomorrow then will be released for immediate release to dealers. I will be checking your car and another TTRS I have sold for release starting Saturday on a daily basis.

My system doesn't update me so I will go in a proactively check daily.

Best,

Veteran Member Three Rings IceAero's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 GTI 2D 6sp

I wonder if this software will be needed on all cars?
    2017 RS3

Active Member One Ring Suzqttro's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by IceAero View Post
    All RS3 RS5 TTRS and R8 models

Sent from my VS995 using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

I’d like to know what it does. Dyno before and after.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyHat View Post
    Delivery to the dealer or just software update and released to carriers? There is a difference :)
    delivery to dealer.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by stanglife View Post
    I’d like to know what it does. Dyno before and after.
    Audi does have a little wiggle room. Published figure is 400hp but dynos I've seen have been about 10% more than that so they could detune slightly and still make 400hp.

AZ Member #

Not really thinking about the advertised number. I'd just hate to see the number go down as the result of some EPA mandate.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Needed is relative. To date, I have no problems and no intention of going into the dealer for any update unless there is a compelling reason.
    Also, no one can answer that at this point and anyone who does is just guessing, but then again that's what this thread is al about.

Veteran Member Three Rings IceAero's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 GTI 2D 6sp

Quote Originally Posted by timzcat View Post
    Needed is relative. To date, I have no problems and no intention of going into the dealer for any update unless there is a compelling reason.
    Also, no one can answer that at this point and anyone who does is just guessing, but then again that's what this thread is al about.
    Well that’s just it...Audi might say “hey, you need this to prevent a future problem” or they will say, “we did that to address some issues which affect some portion of engines,” OR they will say “this is a fix IF a problem arises.”
    2017 RS3

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I sent an E-mail to AoA yesterday asking about our delayed cars, this is the answer I received

"Unfortunately, we do not have any information available to us as to why these vehicles have not been released yet. A couple 2018 models are going through additional quality checks per our colleagues in Germany. We, unfortunately, do not have any information on when these vehicles will be released.

I suggest keeping in contact with the dealership you ordered through. They have access to the same resources we do here regarding ordered vehicles. You can always check back with me as well for an update."

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 RS3, 2003 GTI VRT

Guys, I may be parting with my RS3 due to some upcoming changes in my life. Still not 100% certain, but wanted to share here first and am willing to talk about it if there are any of you who are fed up with the port stop, or are just interested in general.

Here is an overview:

2018 Audi RS3 - Delivered August 2nd 2017

5MB - Inlays - Carbon
    6W9 - DELETE Front License Plate Holder
    950 - Dynamic package
    951 - Dynamic plus package
    LMC - USB Cables
    PAV - Black optic package
    PNK - Technology package
    0E0E-Mythos Black metallic / UB-Black

MSRP $67,910.00
    Car has ~4500 miles on it.

PM me if you're interested, or have any questions.

My 2018 Audi RS3 by Danny Lopez, on Flickr

flickr | Instagram | 2003 GTI VRT | 2018 RS3
    VRSociety: Facebook | Instagram

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Paul@SupremePower's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 RS3 |2014 B8.5 S5 stage 2+ |2010 MK6 GTI KO4 -gone

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLo View Post
    Guys, I may be parting with my RS3 due to some upcoming changes in my life. Still not 100% certain, but wanted to share here first and am willing to talk about it if there are any of you who are fed up with the port stop, or are just interested in general.

Here is an overview:

2018 Audi RS3 - Delivered August 2nd 2017

5MB - Inlays - Carbon
    6W9 - DELETE Front License Plate Holder
    950 - Dynamic package
    951 - Dynamic plus package
    LMC - USB Cables
    PAV - Black optic package
    PNK - Technology package
    0E0E-Mythos Black metallic / UB-Black

MSRP $67,910.00
    Car has ~4500 miles on it.

PM me if you're interested, or have any questions.

Gorgeous! Love mythos on Black.

Email: Paul@SupremePower.com aka: allset
    Call or Text: 914-243-1993

IG: allset5264 | FB: Paul Gi

| 034 | ADV.1 | AG | Advan | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Forgeline | H&R | Klassen | KW | Milltek | Modulare | Neuspeed | Ohlins | OZ | Stoptech | Signature | VMR | Volk | Vorsteiner | Vossen | Work | & many more

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi SQ5

My order (Original order date Dec 12th) was finally submitted today. Estimated arrival is June 17th -July 7th!! Things are starting to move everyone! Yay!!

Veteran Member Four Rings rongeur's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Port Stop Order??

I love the optimism.

My pessimistic side is telling me delay in order acceptance is dealer allocation issue and not a factory production issue.

Here it is mid-march and still nothing from Audi in Germany. If I were an R8, I would have left by now. There are many other cars in the 200-250k range I would jump to and feel valued as a customer.

2008 A4 2.0T Quattro 6MT S-Line QGM
    Stage 3 JHM TD05H-R on a fully built motor
    Build Thread

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

My Audi Rep told me that there is no update on my TTRS order .. ordered July 2017 . At port insce dec 2017

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Hello Folks. New to this forum...ordered my RS3 in aura blue with all the bells and whistles other than dynamic+. I spoke with the general manager of sales at my Audi dealership a couple of days ago. What he told me is odd but I thought I would share it with you. He told me that he hasn't heard about any issues with the HPFP or EPA related issues on emissions. What he said he heard was that concern had been raised, I don't know by whom, that the noise level of the exhaust too loud and so had to be toned down a bit. He said this was a software flash fix and they would start implementing the fix this week. I specifically asked if this affected power or performance and he said no. He also said the reduction of tail pipe growl was minimum so that it wasn't an issue with noise ordinances. This seemed odd since most noise ordinances are local/municipal issues.

He said he can confirm and definitively say that I should have my car by the end of this month...i.e. at the dealership.

They have been good to work with so far...delay is not the dealer's fault. I traded in my 2012 S4 back in September 2017 when I ordered this car. I was told it would be in by mid December/January. Because of the delay, they've been nice of enough to lend me an A3 for the last 2.5 months. I'll let you all know if I get the car by the end of March. If this falls apart, I might upgrade to an M4 or Cayman S or something else. Problem is that I really want and need an AWD car where I live and I can't really think of an AWD sports car that is in the $70k-90K range with similar performance.
    Last edited by kalbi; 03-15-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Established Member Two Rings Rs3nardo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by kalbi View Post
    noise level of the exhaust too loud and so had to be toned down a bit. He said this was a software flash fix and that that fix would be implemented this week. I specifically asked if this affected power or performance and he said no. He also said the reduction of tail pipe growl was minimum so that it wasn't an issue with noise ordinances. This seemed odd since most noise ordinances are local/municipal issues.
    Cue the pitchforks.
    Instagram: Rs3Nardo

2018 Audi RS3 - Nardo Grey, Black Optics, Dynamic Plus, RS Design, Driver Assist, Technology, Carbon Inlays...the works.

AZ Member #

I'm sure we've talked about this sixteen times but the volume thing doesn't make a lot of sense, there are many louder cars on the road. The new Mustang GT is crazy loud for stock exhaust, over 115 decibels.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Potatohead_RS3 View Post
    I'm sure we've talked about this sixteen times but the volume thing doesn't make a lot of sense, there are many louder cars on the road. The new Mustang GT is crazy loud for stock exhaust, over 115 decibels.
    Just relaying what I heard. That’s why I said it sounded odd.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bosappu View Post
    My Audi Rep told me that there is no update on my TTRS order .. ordered July 2017 . At port insce dec 2017
    Audi of Seattle?

AZ Member #

Too loud.... as a GT350R owner, I have to lol.

AZ Member #

I know it was posted elsewhere there was a rumored software update to reduce/eliminate the exhaust 'pops' anyway. That's fine by me as long as it still sings loudly as before at continuous full throttle.

Veteran Member Four Rings Wusty's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 C63s AMG

Talk about pops and bangs....I had a Jag F-Type slow down next to me at a stop light, that thing was so loud, sounded like a machine gun lol. The RS3 doesn't have a loud exhaust at all. My AMG sounds twice as loud as an RS3, my AMG decel and downshift pops are super loud. I don't buy that story at all either.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

To buy the Cataluyna Red I drove last night or keep waiting for mine...ugh...$4800 more on top too...they want $69,170 compared to my $62,2 and to end my waiting misery forever LOL..

Established Member Two Rings jodstr2's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    18 RS3, 14 SQ5, 01 S4, 15 Wrangler Unltd

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_RS3 View Post
    To buy the Cataluyna Red I drove last night or keep waiting for mine...ugh...$4800 more on top too...they want $69,170 compared to my $62,2 and to end my waiting misery forever LOL..
    there's a car within reasonable distance that i somewhat have my eye on, but it has dyn+ and driver assist (both of which i didn't order). my friends are trying to convince me to wait, not settle. i'm still on the fence.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by rongeur View Post
    I love the optimism.

My pessimistic side is telling me delay in order acceptance is dealer allocation issue and not a factory production issue.

Here it is mid-march and still nothing from Audi in Germany. If I were an R8, I would have left by now. There are many other cars in the 200-250k range I would jump to and feel valued as a customer.

There was an official stop order in place by Audi since Dec. 21st. Not an allocation issue. I simply ordered at the worst time, 9 days prior to the stop order and at the time they were waiting on an allocation slated for 2 weeks after my order. So just bad timing. It is a software issue. It has to do with the high pressure fuel pump and the winter gas. The pump doesn't like the fuel mixture. Try looking Auditors under the TTRS MK3 page and the Ordering Timeline thread. You will find the official stop order there.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_RS3 View Post
    ask for 5% off. I had a dealer in FL tell me to kick rocks and a week later come back to me within $500 of my asking price. My dealer told me my car is coming this month and to hold off. I bet you can get a $69k down to $66k OTD

Veteran Member Four Rings rongeur's Avatar
    AZ Member #

If it is the same red RS3 I found online, they are marking it up from MSRP.

2008 A4 2.0T Quattro 6MT S-Line QGM
    Stage 3 JHM TD05H-R on a fully built motor
    Build Thread

AZ Member #

They got one in Audi of Ft Lauderdale for $3k off MSRP. Black with black optics etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jodstr2 View Post
    there's a car within reasonable distance that i somewhat have my eye on, but it has dyn+ and driver assist (both of which i didn't order). my friends are trying to convince me to wait, not settle. i'm still on the fence.
    I'd give it another week. There has been enough rumbling of pending release that I feel like we must be close. I'm hoping we'll start hearing more info/start seeing them ship early next week.
    Gone: 2016 Golf R
    Current: 2018 RS3 Ara Blue

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Potatohead_RS3 View Post
    But but but... that's domestic so it's ok.

AZ Member #

Well that’s just it...Audi might say “hey, you need this to prevent a future problem” or they will say, “we did that to address some issues which affect some portion of engines,” OR they will say “this is a fix IF a problem arises.”
    Or they'll just updated it during inspection and say you're welcome.
    2017 Ara Blue RS3

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast