Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

AZ Member #

2003 a4 3.0 misfires. Anyone actually fixed it?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Iíve seen on these threads where someone has posted all their codes and talked about the misfires. A bunch of people talk about it could be this or it could be that. Does anyone have any examples that they did X or Y and it fixed it the problem? It seems that the posters all say they changed the plugs, coil packs and such with no luck. Anyone have a success story they can share? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings imnuts's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Dolphin Grey Audi A4 3.0 Q 6MT

I had random misfires that would come and go. The best I could potentially replicate the issue was after a high RPM run. One day I happened to have Torque running when my car started misfiring and it was running quite lean, AFRs 15-16+. A few days later I logged my car on a 2nd-3rd gear WOT run and noticed the one bank was running leaner than the other. A few months later, I changed it the fuel pump, injectors, and fuel filter. I haven't had any issues with misfires since. I was at about 180-185k miles on the original pump and injectors at that point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Retrieve your SKC for use with VCDS
    Setup Ross-Tech VCP Drivers

3.0 JHM Tuned, JHM LWFW & Clutch, JHM Solid Short Shifter, Zingo Airbox Mod, quattro, Vogtland Jr. Suspension, Single Xenon E-Codes, Apikol Snub, 034 Motor & Trans Mounts

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Check your coil connectors to see if pins have backed out of the housings. If not making contact that would cause misfires at random if there rattled out of positions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk