Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuxton13 View Post
    Where is Yermouth, somehow Google doesn't know where that is, lol. Is it high altitude there and that's why you are concerned? If at high altitude, the barometric pressure is lower, simple as that, thus lower power to engine. Not sure how else to explain it without breaking out whiteboards and videos. Obviously the turbo is not working at start, and has nothing to do with the start/stop system. I only mentioned the turbo because once under demand or load that is how an engine can compensate for lower pressure (it will boost sooner due to demand).

The S4 engine was developed in partnership with Porsche for the Panamera, so if you really want to know what they mean by "high altitude" fortunately they are more specific in the Porsche manual: "At altitudes above approx. 9,843 ft. (3,000 meters)."

At that altitude the atmospheric pressure is 29% less compared to sea level. For combustion engines, that is a lot.

Is this your first car with Start/Stop? They all operate pretty much the same. Audi, BMW, Porsche, MB, Volkswagen... nobody is really reinventing the wheel in that category.
    Pressure as nothing to do with it. Internal Combustion engines produce less power at altitude due to lower oxygen. O2 makes things go bang in the combustion chamber.

Active Member One Ring Infraredcalvin's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1976 Porsche 930 #311

Quote Originally Posted by -LoneStar- View Post
    Its actually my wife's car so I don't drive it everyday but is it possible you are opening the door when its in park causing it to shut down? I think I remember a salesman showing me something like this on a test drive. I also have her stop/start coded off so I don't know if that changes anything as I have gotten out of her car in park and it will be running. I do set the parking brake so maybe if you don't set the brake and open the door it shuts off?
    I think youíre probably right, Iíll try that sequence and see what happens, Iím usually doing it all at once, so I can see if Iím pulling the handle before getting to the button. Thanks for the ideas!

UPDATE on the no start issue... as expected they couldnít replicate and it threw no codes although they wanted to keep it another day to hear back from Audi to see if there were any other instances of this issue....
    Infraredcalvin (AKA Pat)
    2018 Gotland Green Audi S4

Active Member Two Rings chrishansin's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1991 Nissan 300 ZX Twin Turbo (Stillen Stage 3 Kit)

Quote Originally Posted by chrishansin View Post
    My dealer is waiting on calipers to come in. Spoke to them this morning. So I am patiently waiting.

Fixed and looking right.
    2018 S4 - Glacier White Metallic - S Sport Package - Fine Nappa Leather - Carbon Inlays - Audi Beam Rings - Navigation Package - 19" 5 Spoke V Wheels

Active Member One Ring Infraredcalvin's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1976 Porsche 930 #311

Got the car back, no additional recommendations from Audi, well at least the issue is logged. Next time Iíll try to remember to video the issue.
    Infraredcalvin (AKA Pat)
    2018 Gotland Green Audi S4

Established Member Two Rings F80Dreamer's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My only small problem after a few days of ownership is an annoying rattle coming from the back seat area. Have tried to isolate it but no luck...checked out the seats, headrests, sunroof, seat belt assembly, door storage bins, etc...hoping it goes away as the weather here in TX is getting warmer, so maybe it might help. Not a big deal, but would like to get it fixed.
    2018 S4 ó current ride
    2017 M3 ó sold
    2012 M3 ó sold
    2015 GTI ó sold
    2015 Mustang ó sold
    2011 335is ó sold

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings AR_Motorwerkz's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B9 S4/ AMG GTS / 991.1 C4S / JK Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by F80Dreamer View Post
    My only small problem after a few days of ownership is an annoying rattle coming from the back seat area. Have tried to isolate it but no luck...checked out the seats, headrests, sunroof, seat belt assembly, door storage bins, etc...hoping it goes away as the weather here in TX is getting warmer, so maybe it might help. Not a big deal, but would like to get it fixed.
    Same thing here. I made an appointment with the dealer.
    I believe the B9 A4 rattle is completely different, the speaker literally sounds like it is blown out while the deck rattles.
    Experienced that problem first hand on 3 different B9 A4s.

My dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree the first night I got the car while I was making a VERY slow u-turn.

31 miles on the dash. The lights have not come back since I restarted the car, currently at 520.
    Last edited by AR_Motorwerkz; 04-17-2018 at 03:42 PM.

4667 San Fernando Road Glendale, CA 91204
    Website | Instagram
    Phone (call/text) - (818)588-5324 | E-mail - jeremy@armotorwerkz.com | DM - AR_Motorwerkz

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AR_Motorwerkz View Post
    I believe the B9 A4 rattle is completely different, the speaker literally sounds like it is blown out while the deck rattles.

My dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree the first night I got the car while I was making a VERY slow u-turn.

31 miles on the dash. The lights have not come back since I restarted the car, currently at 520.
    Not sure if this will solve your rattle, but last night I put some felt tape where the back seats meet the rear deck lid and the rattle is almost gone...will put a couple more pieces when I get back from travel but it did the trick for me. Good luck!
    2018 S4 ó current ride
    2017 M3 ó sold
    2012 M3 ó sold
    2015 GTI ó sold
    2015 Mustang ó sold
    2011 335is ó sold

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by F80Dreamer View Post
    Not sure if this will solve your rattle, but last night I put some felt tape where the back seats meet the rear deck lid and the rattle is almost gone...will put a couple more pieces when I get back from travel but it did the trick for me. Good luck!
    Thanks! I will give that a shot!

Website | Instagram
    Phone (call/text) - (818)588-5324 | E-mail - jeremy@armotorwerkz.com | DM - AR_Motorwerkz

Active Member Two Rings CrazyAsianS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Now that the weather has been getting a tad warmer in the north east (all though I did see snow flakes last night)... I'm noticing more rattling\creaks\pops coming from the front driver side door\dash area. Accelerating and braking under warmer outdoor temperatures causes the creaking\pops to occur more frequently. Anyone experience anything similar?

I do enjoy the new interior of the B9 generation, but I don't recall experiencing this many fitment issues with my old B8.5. Perhaps I should have waited for the B9.5 for Audi to sort things out!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyAsianS4 View Post
    Now that the weather has been getting a tad warmer in the north east (all though I did see snow flakes last night)... I'm noticing more rattling\creaks\pops coming from the front driver side door\dash area. Accelerating and braking under warmer outdoor temperatures causes the creaking\pops to occur more frequently. Anyone experience anything similar?

I do enjoy the new interior of the B9 generation, but I don't recall experiencing this many fitment issues with my old B8.5. Perhaps I should have waited for the B9.5 for Audi to sort things out!
    I believe Mops has a similar problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mops@Nemesis View Post
    I have a buzz just above my left ear, right where the headliner starts. Driving me nuts. Could not be in a worse place lol. Only a pound or two of pressure and it's gone.

Website | Instagram

AZ Member #

I believe Mops has a similar problem.
    I'll have to give that a try

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Brutale 1090, BMW 535ix

Has anyone experienced the car shutting off when in park idling for a while?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Quote Originally Posted by bicyclefitguru View Post
    Has anyone experienced the car shutting off when in park idling for a while?
    I believe this is by design. As I recall, it's illegal for a car to remain idle for a certain period of time in Germany so the car auto shuts off to meet their laws - this was carried over to the US.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Brutale 1090, BMW 535ix

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Quote Originally Posted by bicyclefitguru View Post
    Thanks

Anytime!

Active Member One Ring darckphanthom's Avatar
    AZ Member #

This recall is on all A4/S4 p+ only and on any A5/S5 with B&O systems as the metal trim in the speaker design will come loose and itís sharp enough where it can cause some injuries

Established Member Two Rings S4_Pedro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by darckphanthom View Post
    This recall is on all A4/S4 p+ only and on any A5/S5 with B&O systems as the metal trim in the speaker design will come loose and itís sharp enough where it can cause some injuries
    Dealer took care of that pretty quick I went in for an oil change and they also did that the same day took maybe an hour or two for everything.

AZ Member #

Well... got the car back from the dealer to address the creak and pops. After replacing the front left link guide and bushing sound remains. I posted it to youtube... anyone experiencing this? I have another appointment next Friday .

https://youtu.be/WvsWOJtNuPw

AZ Member #

Just got a call back from the shop, they are going to try and replace the subframe this go around... I hope this does the job. Is it worth looking into a buy back option at this point? Thoughts?

AZ Member #

Just got a call back from the shop, they are going to try and replace the subframe this go around... I hope this does the job. Is it worth looking into a buy back option at this point? Thoughts?
    This seems like a very big job...I would look into buyback, but TBH Iím not sure if the subframe is a big deal or not...
    2018 S4 ó current ride
    2017 M3 ó sold
    2012 M3 ó sold
    2015 GTI ó sold
    2015 Mustang ó sold
    2011 335is ó sold

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

When I went to Sweden with AudiAG on an ice driving experience, I spun off the ice track on the last day in an S4 estate, and had this exact issue with every error light possible. When the Audi techs came out to tow me back onto the track they restarted the car, lights went away, and they said its just a system glitch that eventually will be fixed with a software update. FYI the car I was driving had 1200km on the clock.
    2014 BMW M235i
    (30% Llumar CTX / BMW Performance Grilles / IND Reflectors / JB4 / ER Downpipe / ER Charge Pipe / Lightweight Lip)
    2012 Audi Q5 Prestige 3.2 S-Line
    (30% Llumar CTX / Stock)

Veteran Member Three Rings Cherub's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Golf & Q5

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 4ringnut View Post
    I have a whining noise coming from the drivers side front wheel when idle rolling. Also, an engine ticking noise that sounds like a playing card hitting bicycle spokes when feathering the throttle from a stop. Thereís a rattle coming from the rear windshield. The steering wheel is already cocked to the left ( my B8.5 never had this issue the 5 years Iíve owned it and I hit plenty of potholes). I get about 180 miles out of a tank . The delayed e brake release noise is also really annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same whining noise, comes and goes though . Got an annoying vibration from back driver wheel (No curb rash or anything of sort)

Quote Originally Posted by MilesM View Post
    Just noticed I have the missing rear S plates too. Odd.
    Iíll take a look in the AM to see if the ďSĒ is missing.

after about 1K miles, it looks like mine developed a tapping (creaking) noise by the rear deck. Any one know if the TSB for the A4 also applies for the S4? What should I tell my service advisor?
    At 1700 +/-, didnít expect such small nuisances

Quote Originally Posted by Yabi View Post
    I believe this is by design. As I recall, it's illegal for a car to remain idle for a certain period of time in Germany so the car auto shuts off to meet their laws - this was carried over to the US.
    Aaaah that good old Deutschland ďNot allowed to warm up your carĒ law. Most annoying ever on a freezing day, but for Carbon reasons I understand that now.
    Last edited by Cherub; 05-07-2018 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Forgot response

B9 Current
    B8.5s White/Blue & B7 Silver- Sold
    Tints, Suspension, Wheels & More..........

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by alexc93 View Post
    When I went to Sweden with AudiAG on an ice driving experience, I spun off the ice track on the last day in an S4 estate, and had this exact issue with every error light possible. When the Audi techs came out to tow me back onto the track they restarted the car, lights went away, and they said its just a system glitch that eventually will be fixed with a software update. FYI the car I was driving had 1200km on the clock.
    Thanks for the response! My only concern is that I was making a very slow u-turn at the top of my hill/street.

Website | Instagram

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123