Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by whitediamond View Post
    was your car data logged on these runs? If not, seems very premature to jump into unregulated boost at launch. Agree with above post that you have a trap speed issue. Could be cooling related, timing related, ......there are a lot of reasons hp could be missing up top. I would push apr to log your vehicle and find out exactly what is going on in higher rpm ranges.
    this to me guys seems like the same problems fitting hybrids did,without a cooling solution the car will be held back

Senior Member Four Rings cobrario's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Q5 3.0T, 2016 Tacoma Sport Crew

Quote Originally Posted by hulk_rs View Post
    this to me guys seems like the same problems fitting hybrids did,without a cooling solution the car will be held back
    welcome aboard bro!
    2016 RS7 Daytona Gray Pearl, Carbon Black, B&O, Cete ASC, Full Suntek, CQFinest, Neidfaktor CF Mirror Caps, 20x10 Rohana RF2 Matte Black, PSS, AWE S-Flo 2.0, MRC CF Inlets, APR DP's, APR Stage 2 back on 93
    Stock: 11.212@ 122.81
    Best APR I on GT260+: 10.40 @ 131.65 980DA & 10.42 @ 132.87 1565 DA (via actual time slip)
    Best APR II on GT260+: TBA
    IG @cobrario_rs7 & @audivstheworld

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cobrario View Post
    welcome aboard bro!
    THANK YOU BROTHER

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hulk_rs View Post
    THANK YOU BROTHER
    https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...-How-to-Launch
    2016 RS7 Daytona Gray Pearl, Carbon Black, B&O, Cete ASC, Full Suntek, CQFinest, Neidfaktor CF Mirror Caps, 20x10 Rohana RF2 Matte Black, PSS, AWE S-Flo 2.0, MRC CF Inlets, APR DP's, APR Stage 2 back on 93
    Best APR I on GT260+: 10.40 @ 131.65 980DA & 10.42 @ 132.87 1565 DA (via actual time slip)

Veteran Member Four Rings HeelBuff's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi RS7 APR stage 2, 2017 Audi Q7, 2013 Audi S5

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDiamond View Post
    Was your car data logged on these runs? If not, seems VERY premature to jump into unregulated boost at launch. Agree with above post that you have a trap speed issue. Could be cooling related, timing related, ......there are a lot of reasons HP could be missing up top. I would push APR to log your vehicle and find out exactly what is going on in higher RPM ranges.
    The dealer drove around logging data for APR recently. Cooling may certainly be impacting things. What are the practical risks for me putting a tune on the car that gives unregulated boost? Axle/diff damage at launch? Anything else? Iím going to do it in an hour or so.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Yamaha R1

Quote Originally Posted by HeelBuff View Post
    The dealer drove around logging data for APR recently. Cooling may certainly be impacting things. What are the practical risks for me putting a tune on the car that gives unregulated boost? Axle/diff damage at launch? Anything else? Iím going to do it in an hour or so.
    DONT DO IT. I predict itll pop, especially with aftermarket turbos. i lifted the head in my old car when a vac line came off my wastegate.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cam.CL.S7 View Post
    DONT DO IT. I predict itll pop, especially with aftermarket turbos. i lifted the head in my old car when a vac line came off my wastegate.
    I have misspoken about what the file will do, and it will not provide unregulated boost which will remain regulated in each gear. It will unregulate torque at launch which is what presently causes cars to begin to stall at 2800ish rpm. It will allow my car to continue to build boost and torque until I release the brakes or until I push through the brakes. Gotta be careful not to melt my gear box.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Still donít explain slow 1/8 and 1/4 trap speed, respectfully speaking of course. The power output is significant, even with a 1.7-2.0 60ft your car should be trapping way higher ! ...

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

P.s. I would recommend you log that sucker like she owes you money.. if Iím being pessimistic is because the numbers make 0 sense for the power you put out on dyno. Also, itís an expensive car to have a problem lol

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I have misspoken about what the file will do, and it will not provide unregulated boost which will remain regulated in each gear. It will unregulate torque at launch which is what presently causes cars to begin to stall at 2800ish rpm. It will allow my car to continue to build boost and torque until I release the brakes or until I push through the brakes. Gotta be careful not to melt my gear box.
    While there is a interaction between the two, ET and trap speed are two different animals. In a 1/4 mile event, traction is really the name of the game as ET determines the win. That seems to be what your tuner is looking for. Maybe they hope a great ET will calm all this talk down.

I, and a few others in here, believe you have a trap speed issue. This is directly rated to HP and how your set up is running. I, we, believe you should be seeing higher trap speeds and need to find out exactly what the tune is right now. If IATs are too high, if car is pulling timing due to ???, if fuel maps are off, if ........ all kinds of issues are possible, but common to the territory you are now walking. Just trying to slow your step a bit and make sure you are on firm ground. Some of these issues could lead to big $$$$ fixes.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

While there is a interaction between the two, ET and trap speed are two different animals. In a 1/4 mile event, traction is really the name of the game as ET determines the win. That seems to be what your tuner is looking for. Maybe they hope a great ET will calm all this talk down.

I, and a few others in here, believe you have a trap speed issue. This is directly rated to HP and how your set up is running. I, we, believe you should be seeing higher trap speeds and need to find out exactly what the tune is right now. If IATs are too high, if car is pulling timing due to ???, if fuel maps are off, if ........ all kinds of issues are possible, but common to the territory you are now walking. Just trying to slow your step a bit and make sure you are on firm ground. Some of these issues could lead to big $$$$ fixes.
    I appreciate your insight and feedback. Iíve got no answers nor expectations beyond going faster than Iíve gone so far. Unfortunately it seems the standard logging tool part of the mobile app doesnít properly work with all this custom stuff. Letís see if the removal of launch torque restrictions gives me a meaningful lift. I may go again Thursday. If you have other specific ideas feel free to lob them my way.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I appreciate your insight and feedback. Iíve got no answers nor expectations beyond going faster than Iíve gone so far. Unfortunately it seems the standard logging tool part of the mobile app doesnít properly work with all this custom stuff. Letís see if the removal of launch torque restrictions gives me a meaningful lift. I may go again Thursday. If you have other specific ideas feel free to lob them my way.
    Hey brother!!

Donít wanna knock what your doing at all, I just been around the block with cars and it donít seem right.

I experimented with Enzo tune and the power on dyno showed significant gains over APR YET on the street the power was identical to APR (dragy tests)

Only conclusion I can think of is the computers are just to damn smart in these cars and canít be fully cracked (Dyno Vs Street) car is different lol.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AnesRS7 View Post
    Hey brother!!

Donít wanna knock what your doing at all, I just been around the block with cars and it donít seem right.

I experimented with Enzo tune and the power on dyno showed significant gains over APR YET on the street the power was identical to APR (dragy tests)

Only conclusion I can think of is the computers are just to damn smart in these cars and canít be fully cracked (Dyno Vs Street) car is different lol.

you should come full circle on that thread you started, let folks know what ended up happening with it. You had a lot of visitation and activity there so you should clarify just what you said above to those who were sub'd or invested in your results.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by cobrario View Post
    you should come full circle on that thread you started, let folks know what ended up happening with it. You had a lot of visitation and activity there so you should clarify just what you said there to those who were sub'd or invested in your results.
    Your right, just lost track of time with the world outside of cars lol and heelbuff really had me on my toes.. I was pending an order for BT kit..

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AnesRS7 View Post
    Hey brother!!

Do you know, or has somebody found, at what point the stock fuel system runs out of supply? Most OEMs build excess into the fuel systems, but it is hard to believe there is nearly double the rated HP/TQ of headroom in the stock fuel system. I am trying to find Audi info on RS7/6 vs S7/6 fuel systems.

Senior Member Three Rings MadAboutCars's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MY16 Audi S6, MY18 Audi SQ5, MY12 Audi Q7 4.2L TDI S-line (sold)

Do you know, or has somebody found, at what point the stock fuel system runs out of supply? Most OEMs build excess into the fuel systems, but it is hard to believe there is nearly double the rated HP/TQ of headroom in the stock fuel system. I am trying to find Audi info on RS7/6 vs S7/6 fuel systems.
    Wouldn't that show on the dyno and logging, if the engine was running lean, due to lack of fuel.
    2016 Audi S6 - Tornado Grey, 20" 5 spoke wheels, Sports seats, Sports diff, Standard exhaust, Chrome trim, Matrix LED headlights, Sunroof, 360 camera, Head up display, Active lane/side assist with adaptive cruise control, Rear seat heating, Power assisted doors, Electric rear blind and side blinds, Homelink

Mods: Bigger shift paddles, Air filter box holes, K&N air filter, 20" x 9" ET35 matte grey RS6 wheels, Michilin PSS 255 35 20, Vag-com changes

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

A6/A7/S6/S7/RS7 use the same HPFP, but the RS7 has a higher flowing LPFP.

With that said HPFP is not a bottle neck as 3.0t guys are pushing towards 500whp now with just one and haven't maxed them out with the autotech piston.
    C7 A6 3.0T, APR Stage 2+, 189mm Fluidampr, Ported Supercharger, Autotech HPFP, Merc Quad Pass HX, RS7 airbox, 034 Motorsports hose, SQ5 21" Forged Wheels, 380mm SQ5 front brakes, 356mm S6 rear brakes, E-codes, RS6 Grill, RS6 Pedals, H&R Springs, center muffler delete, Magnaflow 120mm tips.

0-60mph 3.32s
    1/4 mile 11.46s @120.07mph (via dragy)

Past B6 S4 Avant, C5 RS6 Stage 2+, B5 S4 Stage 3+, B6 S4, MKIV R32

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Yamaha R1

ahhh so some sort of an evil antilag. i see what you're talking about.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456