Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings yusoslo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

2.8 V6 exhaust vid request please!!!!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have been searching all week I would like to hear some vids of the 30 valve with any kind of an exhaust.

Post what brand, and if its a rear section. or full catback.

Thanks

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Q7, A6, F-type manual

yeah, i'll get you one tonight hopefully

im dying to go drive my car more now that the supercharger is in

AZ Member #

that would be great.

I am leaning towards the magnaflow exhaust since i have yet to hear a raspy one. But still have never heard one on a v6 audi.

If i feel like blowing some money I am going to get a dual exhaust made one side...magnaflow exhaust and the other side, stock exhaust with magnaflow matching tips.

I would then have a electronic cutout installed to divert the exhaust to either side or half and half, that way I can have options of loud, med, or stock.

since there is not any performance to be gained on this motor, it would strictly be for sound.....but I have yet to see anyone with an exhaust setup like this.

BTW G1 or G2 supercharger? and is it worth the money on my daily driver, cause I could get a bike for that chunk of change, and I have a track prep turbo rx-7 already, so I really dont need more power for my reliable car ya know :)
    Last edited by yusoslo; 01-11-2006 at 02:52 PM.

Registered Member Two Rings VB05's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1998.5 Audi A4 2.8QM

http://www.putfile.com/vb05

idk what happend with the skipping on it, but you get the idea.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1998.5 Audi A4 2.8QM

Audispeed, why does your sig look photoshopped to me? Whats that green thing in/on your head light? And do you have anypics of the supercharger installed? I had a chance at a good deal on a used one but wasnt able to make the purchase.

AZ Member #

Damn I just noticed we are a bunch of East coast kids, hopefully when the weather is better a mid eastern meet would be in order, my audi will be back in the body shop mid feb and done the 1st of march.

anyways thanks for the vid.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Q7, A6, F-type manual

Originally posted by VB05
    Audispeed, why does your sig look photoshopped to me? Whats that green thing in/on your head light? And do you have anypics of the supercharger installed? I had a chance at a good deal on a used one but wasnt able to make the purchase.
    no p-shop in the pic. supercharger is a g2, i have pics i will post up later, will post up a vid too hopefully. i had installation pics, but wiped them off of my camera somehow. yes, i am a dumbass. is the supercharger worth it, that is really up to you. if you look at the dyno plots, the hp gains increase with rpm, and it definitely feels much quicker at the top end. i have always wanted a bike though, but i dont have anywhere to keep one. given the choice between the two, it might be tough.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Q7, A6, F-type manual

pretty pathetic video ... i'm going out tonight so i shot this at 7:30. you try going anywhere fast in the dc metro area at that time. basically its some short second gear stuff and on first gear run up to only like 5.5k. I will get some better stuff later. exhaust is a stebro rear section only, at least for now.

download, please dont stream.

http://www.vu.union.edu/~archibad/pics/audi/exhaust.wmv

AZ Member #

nice vids....thanks guys. The remus sounds good, im just afraid of interior resonance on the highway with there being no inline resonators.

well hopefully there are a few more floating around to listen to.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1998.5 Audi A4 2.8QM

yea crusing in 5th gear there is a good amount of noise in the cabin with no mid-muffler.

Veteran Member Four Rings WhippeD's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    02 pASSat wagen

here are some short clips of my magnaflow
    http://media.putfile.com/IMGP2200
    http://media.putfile.com/IMGP2201

Veteran Member Four Rings BranCKY3's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Originally posted by audispeed
    pretty pathetic video ... i'm going out tonight so i shot this at 7:30. you try going anywhere fast in the dc metro area at that time. basically its some short second gear stuff and on first gear run up to only like 5.5k. I will get some better stuff later. exhaust is a stebro rear section only, at least for now.

download, please dont stream.

http://www.vu.union.edu/~archibad/pics/audi/exhaust.wmv
    You should put the camera on top of the steering column next time so we can see something.
    2016 Audi S3

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Q7, A6, F-type manual

Originally posted by BranCKY3
    You should put the camera on top of the steering column next time so we can see something.
    like i said, pretty pathetic video. give it time ... haha