Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Established Member Three Rings bat6wc's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Got mine done yesterday. Was pretty painless plus they gave me a 2018 A5 sportback as a loaner. I didn't want to give it back!!
    2016 A4 Quattro P+ S-line Appearance Pkg

Established Member Three Rings choppstixxx's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by twixinthemix View Post
    It is an electric heater that gives you heat before the heater core flows with hot coolant.
    Ahhh makes sense, just noticed the option hidden in my "Car" menu. Def. a painless process tho, since I believe they go through the glove box etc. Had a 2018 A6 S-Line loaner, still love my B8.5 A4 better TBH. However I did love the S-Line 3-spoke steering wheel so much I bought one to put on mine.
    2013 Moonlight Blue Metallic B8.5 A4 Quattro Premium Flex Fuel 1 of 519
    OEM Bi-Xenon Conversion / OEM BO S4 Grill (TBD) + RS4 Style Foglight Covers / Maxton v2 Front Splitter (TBD) / SpoilerKing Lip Spoiler / H&R Street Coilovers / Akebono / OEM S-Line Steering Wheel / OEM Carbon Altas Trim / ZiZa LED Interior Lighting / US Millworks
    19x9.5 Avant Garde M590 Brushed Grigio (Summer) / 18x8 Alzor Style 628 (Winter)

Established Member Two Rings Audiosz's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Got my recall done a few days ago and now the heater doesn't seem to be working because the air isn't very warm even on the highest temperature setting. Maybe audi will take a look at it because it was working fine before the recall

Sent from my SM-G920V using Audizine mobile app

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I had the Auxiliary Heater Recall completed a couple weeks ago and have been having intermittent issues with a) Temp. sensor on dashboard being off by 30+ degrees (it says it's 60-73), when it's actually 30 deg F outside and b) heater not working. You know how Audi heater's usually crank? Basically blows cold air.

The catch is this is intermittent so difficult to diagnose. Think I have noticed this happens when I crank the defroster. Dealership has agreed to take a look at it so I'll post again with outcome. I've heard this repair requires extensive disassembly of the dash. Any exper. Audi techs out there who have ideas on what might cause this? This was NOT an issue before I had this recall work done. [2013 Audi Q5]

Established Member Three Rings Nano909's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Does anyone know if they scan your car, and if so do they not do the recall if you're tuned? Asking for a friend. Lol.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

It really seems to be dealer specific. But.... that said.... whether you’re tuned or not....... this recall has nothing to do with the engine/trans function of the car, so if your dealer gives you any shit about it..... fight it.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Vehicles: 2013 Ibis White allroad & 2006 Campy White Touareg

Established Member Three Rings Nano909's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by treginginco View Post
    It really seems to be dealer specific. But.... that said.... whether you’re tuned or not....... this recall has nothing to do with the engine/trans function of the car, so if your dealer gives you any shit about it..... fight it.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Just making sure because I've heard stories where they're flashed back to stock after a dealer visit, and I really don't feel like driving to LA to get flashed again. Lol

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Nano909 View Post
    Just making sure because I've heard stories where they're flashed back to stock after a dealer visit, and I really don't feel like driving to LA to get flashed again. Lol
    My dealer performed the auxiliary heater recall last week. Recall code 80C5 applies to my VIN#. I was worried the dealer might wipe out my APR stage 1 tune. I looked up the recall on the NHTSA website before dropping the car off. It only seems like they mess with the climate control module. I also asked the service advisor if they are doing a software update and she said no because it doesn't apply to my VIN#. http://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2017...7V622-6265.pdf

It only took about 3 hours of work and my APR tune is still intact.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234