Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rs3 vs .....

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerStroke View Post
    Interesting, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

So i was finally able to fulfill my dreams lol was to kill a new gen m3 stock or not. I got one that just showed up right next to me at the red light probably stock, and from there i turned off traction control and waited for the Mexican traffic light to turn green and off we go! I just started pulling (about 2+ cars)till i got on the onramp i needed to head to where i was going. I chose not to use launch control to make it a more even race.

This car is amazing! Mods are Uni 1+, intake, intercooler. GO UNI! Was not able to do this before with my GTI because of traction and top end.

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon69 View Post
    So i was finally able to fulfill my dreams lol was to kill a new gen m3 stock or not. I got one that just showed up right next to me at the red light probably stock, and from there i turned off traction control and waited for the Mexican traffic light to turn green and off we go! I just started pulling (about 2+ cars)till i got on the onramp i needed to head to where i was going. I chose not to use launch control to make it a more even race.

This car is amazing! Mods are Uni 1+, intake, intercooler. GO UNI! Was not able to do this before with my GTI because of traction and top end.

Nice :)
    2018 RS3 (Daytona Grey, tech, dynamic, RS design)

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

At the drag strip last weekend I raced a new Golf R with APR stage 1. I won 12.1 to 12.8, it was never close. I got him on the tree and the 60 foot and kept extending my lead until it was over.

I also raced a SRT 392 Charger. He did a burnout must must have been on street tires because I beat him in the 60 badly and cruised to a 12.1 to 12.9 win.

Finally I raced a Demon, lost 12.04 to 10.94. Considering the Demon is basically doubling the RS3s power, it didn't go that badly.

I remain thoroughly unimpressed with the MOPAR stuff. Never has so much power been needed to run any given ET. They are lumbering breadboxes with a big engine.

Active Member Two Rings ForceInduced's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I haven't raced anyone just yet but it's definitely coming, however I do have a background in drag racing. I will say this IMO bar none for speed vs $ the new mustangs with a 10 speed are way above the rest with a tune and power adder. Several are in the low 9's and 8's with less than 55k in the whole car. However I've been down the coyote road once already went 8.6's at 167 mph and still had more left in it for 7's. However after it all I started to lose interest as it became a race car "cage etc".

I love the audi as I can use it as a practical 4 door and love awd launches. I've had a cts-v and I'll say this the RS3 in the sub 100mph is definitely has a faster feel. But as with anything people will always say this and that is faster well truth is there is always something faster. I think the RS3 setup to run high 9's or low 10's on the street is gonna eat a lot of lunches and can't wait to get to that point.
    2018 Audi RS3 Mythos Black | Black Optic Pkg | RS Design Pkg | Carbon Inlays | Tech Pkg| Driver Assist Pkg | Dynamic Pkg | Carbon Mirrors

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by TheContrarian View Post
    At the drag strip last weekend I raced a new Golf R with APR stage 1. I won 12.1 to 12.8, it was never close. I got him on the tree and the 60 foot and kept extending my lead until it was over.

I also raced a SRT 392 Charger. He did a burnout must must have been on street tires because I beat him in the 60 badly and cruised to a 12.1 to 12.9 win.

Finally I raced a Demon, lost 12.04 to 10.94. Considering the Demon is basically doubling the RS3s power, it didn't go that badly.

I remain thoroughly unimpressed with the MOPAR stuff. Never has so much power been needed to run any given ET. They are lumbering breadboxes with a big engine.
    Is 10.94 a typical quarter mile for a stock demon?
    2018 RS3 (Daytona Grey, tech, dynamic, RS design)

AZ Member #

Are you on the stock ECU Tune still?
    Full UM Tune
    The good bolt-ons
    MPI

- Founder of https://www.opendoorfranchises.com/
    ^franchise firm(like real estate but for franchises)

AZ Member #

RS3 isnít the fastest car out there but it definitely takes out quite a few cars above its weight class. Random roll race take downs include C7 Z06, C6 ZR1, 458, F10 M5, F82 M4ís, GTRís, GT350, RS7, and a few hellcats. The only thing off a light Iíve been pulled by was a Performante and he had me by 2 cars from a stop to 3rd. I was only on 93 tune at the time with no dsg tune either. Far to many wins at the drag strip against much higher HP cars, but my share of losses as well to slicked up V8ís or stripped out race cars. At the end of the day this is my daily driver that I do everything in and just passed 31k miles in 13months of ownership. None of the other 30+ vehicles Iíve owned have given me this level of all around excitement.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by PowerStroke View Post
    Is 10.94 a typical quarter mile for a stock demon?
    Really not sure, it was on drag radials/slicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolrunning View Post
    Are you on the stock ECU Tune still?
    Bone stock.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by doberzus View Post
    Obviously you did not read the above. I posted Dragy times above. He's not making 100+hp over stock on 91 and at altitude. There is nothing wrong with his car, the TTRS is simply faster due to weight and more aerodynamic design, etc.

I would love to meet up with some other stock/tuned TTRS's, RS3. Unfortunately, there are none in my area, at least that I know of. Maybe my car is just a factory freak?! Not sure what to think.

I will give further updates when we hit the 1/4 mile track/dyno in the coming weeks.
    There really isn't much head scratching to do. You are at high elevation and using low octane fuel, he's probably making 20-30 whp more than stock which puts him even with your car that's a few hundred pounds lighter. Take your car to sea level vs a stage 1 RS3 running 93 and it wouldn't be very close.

Established Member Three Rings S3DUDE's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I went to cars and coffee last Saturday in Tucson. Ironically the guy parked net to me at the cars and coffee had a ZO6 graphite gray 7 speed manual. Coincidently we left the cars and coffee almost at the same time. Long history shot he was waving in and out light traffic on a Saturday morning. I saw him and let him get ahead of me. Lined up on a 3 way traffic light and told him to show me if he can beat me with his "650 hp". I took off using launch control and I honestly think that he probably saw me launching had and didn't want any of that. Next traffic light and he had a chance line up next to me (but he didn't), instead, he line up behind me. I heard h9s engine revving prior to green light and I just used my launch control again(first, second and third) and let of the gas and started using the brake. Not even if he tried to "follow" me he would had a chance. I think he didn't want to line up next to me for fear of losing (truth).

From my experience,I have zero fear to a Z06
    manual
    Ran 11.703@117.06 mph at 3100ft elevation with no mods or bolt-ons. Running E-32 content as per fuel-it sensor (mixture of 1.5 gallons of ethanol E-85 +4 gallons of 91oct). No mods. DA of 2,869ft based on 82% humidity, 44F (the time of the run), 30.09 barometric pressure, relative density of 91.87%.

AZ Member #

Raced a new gen Camaro SS and got him pretty good. He was the one that started trying me so i put him in his place lol. And did a ricer flyby at the end. I thought that was a Honda thing? Lol

AZ Member #

When I was the drag strip a couple weeks ago; after I had made a few passes most of the Mustangs and Camaros tried to avoid the RS3. I'd be waiting in line for another car to pair up with me for a race and they'd line up behind me instead of next to me.

I own a 550hp supercharged Mustang and I'll be the first one to admit on street tires it's useless. It would get beaten so badly on a low grip surface by the RS3 it's not even funny. It's only hope is drag radials which significantly reduce its handling ability and are down right dangerous in the wet.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    18 SQ5, 17 SS 1LE

When I was the drag strip a couple weeks ago; after I had made a few passes most of the Mustangs and Camaros tried to avoid the RS3. I'd be waiting in line for another car to pair up with me for a race and they'd line up behind me instead of next to me.

I own a 550hp supercharged Mustang and I'll be the first one to admit on street tires it's useless. It would get beaten so badly on a low grip surface by the RS3 it's not even funny. It's only hope is drag radials which significantly reduce its handling ability and are down right dangerous in the wet.
    Yep - and after owning 7 mustangs (including a 500rwhp+ 03 Cobra), 2 corvettes, and 3 camaros, I opted for the RS3 because it is so tough to beat at real world speeds and in all conditions.
    2018 Audi RS3, Florett Silver, NO factory options - Clear Bra, 35% tint, Unitronic Stage 1, CTS Intake, Midpipes. In the Garage - CTS Intercooler, Unitronic Turbo Inlet
    2018 Audi SQ5 Premium Plus - Wife's Daily - Clear bra, 35% tint,
    2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Hyper Blue Metallic - Ported Intake Manifold & Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, Catch Can, Hurst Exhaust and lots of Cosmetic Stuff
    Instagram - @JBonelli81

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Mustang GT with track pack+ tune+ Exhaust

I have 4 kills so far with my Unitronic Stage 1+ ecu & Stage 1 tcu RS3. None of which were antagonized, and the RS3 sits undefeated.
    1. Modified Camaro SS. Looked like some high schooler taking his dads SS out for a spin and revved at me while we were rolling. He rubbed some medicine on that ass.
    2. Ninja 650. From a dead stopped he started revving. I used launch control and he was gapped from 0 all the way out.
    3. CLS AMG - Highway roll. He got the jump by a split second, but he never got a full car on me to start. I went past him pretty quickly and once I went around him he stayed behind me the rest of the way out.
    4. C63 AMG- Another highway roll. Guy was moving back and forth trying to get me to go. He stayed behind me the entire time.
    EDIT:
    5-0 now, add a current gen M3 to the list.
    Last edited by WhiteShadow89; 09-14-2018 at 07:38 PM.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ForceInduced View Post
    I haven't raced anyone just yet but it's definitely coming, however I do have a background in drag racing. I will say this IMO bar none for speed vs $ the new mustangs with a 10 speed are way above the rest with a tune and power adder. Several are in the low 9's and 8's with less than 55k in the whole car. However I've been down the coyote road once already went 8.6's at 167 mph and still had more left in it for 7's. However after it all I started to lose interest as it became a race car "cage etc".

I love the audi as I can use it as a practical 4 door and love awd launches. I've had a cts-v and I'll say this the RS3 in the sub 100mph is definitely has a faster feel. But as with anything people will always say this and that is faster well truth is there is always something faster. I think the RS3 setup to run high 9's or low 10's on the street is gonna eat a lot of lunches and can't wait to get to that point.
    I agree. Having owned dozens of performance cars and several over 600whp, the RS3 really seems to strike a balance never before available between cost/ceiling/practicality/performance/comfort. My 5.0 traps over 140mph on what is considered to be low boost for a Gen2 Coyote (only 11psi, most with my mods are running ~14psi), however, it is really only usable power from a roll in 80 degree weather at a minimum of 40mph on drag radials and totally dry. Sure there are few cars that will take it on the highway but the fun zone is 100% in the jail time zone. For a long time I was sure that a GTR was going to be my next purchase but the RS3 has changed that (inconceivable to me before). I was ready to go to Cincinnati tomorrow for a Nardo 18 with 10k miles but it seems it sold in the last day, more waiting to be done.
    2018 Nardo RS3 - Milltek Mids, CTS Intake, CC ECU+TCU, RSe10s - 10.90 @ 129.6mph, full weight
    2016 Mustang GT - Procharged - E85 - 772whp
    2003 Mustang Cobra - Whipple - 640whp

SOLD
    2012 S4, MK7 GTI, 15 STI, 2013 Boss 302, 03 Cobra, 09 WRX, 04 WRX, etc

Active Member Two Rings ForceInduced's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Venumous View Post
    I agree. Having owned dozens of performance cars and several over 600whp, the RS3 really seems to strike a balance never before available between cost/ceiling/practicality/performance/comfort. My 5.0 traps over 140mph on what is considered to be low boost for a Gen2 Coyote (only 11psi, most with my mods are running ~14psi), however, it is really only usable power from a roll in 80 degree weather at a minimum of 40mph on drag radials and totally dry. Sure there are few cars that will take it on the highway but the fun zone is 100% in the jail time zone. For a long time I was sure that a GTR was going to be my next purchase but the RS3 has changed that (inconceivable to me before). I was ready to go to Cincinnati tomorrow for a Nardo 18 with 10k miles but it seems it sold in the last day, more waiting to be done.
    The GTR is a great car however that said its a way more expensive car to mod and fix in the long run versus the RS3. Can you get a nice clean preowned GTR for around 60ish, you can but after you've been in a few GTRs you realize the interior while nice is dated and doesn't have the nicer features like the RS3. Not saying the RS3 is a end all be all car but boy does it a fit a nice sweet spot.
    2018 Audi RS3 Mythos Black | Black Optic Pkg | RS Design Pkg | Carbon Inlays | Tech Pkg| Driver Assist Pkg | Dynamic Pkg | Carbon Mirrors

AZ Member #

Stock - Mustang 5.0 highway by bus lengths, some silly guy in a BMW I3 from a stop, not close of course.
    Stage 1 apr 93 octane - from a stop Tesla P85 (original performance version) he got jump at start and I flew by fairly quickly second gear and beyond, he gave thumbs up as we hit next stop light. Mini Cooper with various performance stickers and pretty loud on a highway run - maybe a football field?
    Stage 1 apr e85 - highway Chrysler 300 SRT8 - several bus lengths, M5 riding my tail, when I'd punch it he'd fall back many cars and he'd never gain or really fall back much either. I can't be certain if the newest M5 or the 2017 version. The new one's are upper 120's in 1/4 while the old one's low 120's, so hard to say as I'm probably somewhere in between the 2. Mercedes S550 - bus lengths. The guy was driving all erratic on his phone in the left lane on the highway, I pass him in the middle lane as he's all over the place, then he decides he doesn't want me in front and punches it, I do the same and back he goes. Always hate when people drive in the left lane slow and then you go to pass and they get mad? Makes no sense, I wasn't looking for a race, but not having an idiot in front of me either that is half driving and half texting.

AZ Member #

Got a new one under my belt, raced an annoying Mustang 5.0 in Mexico who was trying so hard to block me from making a right turn that is pissed me off. And he was taunting me by revving and staying close to me like he was the king of the road.

So i get lucky and light turns red and we both are the first cars to line up, i put the car in sport mode and wait for opposite light to turn yellow to start the launch control, he hears the rocket is ready for take off and starts revving as well, light turns green and i take off like a bat outta hell and i jumped an instant caravan on him, l kept pulling and let off after the slaying was too much. He slowed down and calmed down as well with his ricer shit didnít even get close to me after that. I donít know if he was stock or not all i know is that he was being a douche by trying to block me from making the right turn. Justice was served lol.

AZ Member #

1) on a traffic light coming after a cars and coffee: C7 Z06 (650 hp) 7 speed manual killed twice(two consecutive traffic lights), he did a fly-by a few seconds later(after I pulled a few cars and hit the brakes)....you got to vent the star when you lose right?

2)at the drag strip on my very first appearance: C7 Z06(650hp) auto with soft tires killed

3) at the drag strip killed a CTS-V (556hp-551lb-tq) literally pulled several cars on him even when my launch control had delays and my reaction time was bad (I walked him bad!)

4) at the drag strip killed two scat-packs(485hp-485lb-tq)

5) at the drag strip killed a C6 Z06 (30-40 yards)

6) at the drag strip killed a M5 twin turbo. utterly destroyed, easily 60-70 yards(maybe more)

and a few other sports cars. I have footage (times two) of 6 or 7 of the races. One footage source from the go-pro at the dash and the other one from my son from the tower making comments.

My confidence is very high, knowing that I can destroyed high power cars easily I have no concerns at all unless I line up with a porche turbo, GTR, R8 , lambo etc.
    Last edited by S3DUDE; 11-20-2018 at 08:59 PM.
    Ran 11.703@117.06 mph at 3100ft elevation with no mods or bolt-ons. Running E-32 content as per fuel-it sensor (mixture of 1.5 gallons of ethanol E-85 +4 gallons of 91oct). No mods. DA of 2,869ft based on 82% humidity, 44F (the time of the run), 30.09 barometric pressure, relative density of 91.87%.

Senior Member Two Rings MichiganRS3's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Ford Escape

From what i have seen, most cars will have a rough time with the RS3 on the street. AWD, a set of good street tires, and a few mods make it a street killer.
    A guy in a Demon try to show me what it could do after chatting at a light. He almost put it into a pole. Nearly identical situation a week or two later with a hellcat (this guy even took the time to show me he had the 'red' key with him).

Cars with lots of power scare me, not because I think I'd lose if we raced, rather I think that (from what i've seen) people that buy those HIGH horsepower rwd cars just do not know how to handle them on the street.
    Last edited by MichiganRS3; 11-20-2018 at 02:53 PM.
    `18 Mystic Blue Pearl Effect RS3
    Technology / Driver Assistance / Dynamic / RS Design / Black Optics
    Audi CF Spoiler / Audi CF Mirror Caps / Llumar Ceramic Tint 35% /
    APR FMIC / APR Turbo Inlet & Intake / APR Downpipe & Midpipes /APR Stage 2 e85
    Silly Rabbit Motorsport Throttle Body Inlet
    Fuel-It Ethanol Content Sensor / Elite Motorsports DSG Catch Can
    APR A01 19x8.5 Gunmetal Wheels / Continental ExtremeContact Sport (255/30 & 235/35)
    11.2 @ 127mph / 3.17s - 0-60 - Stage 1 e85

AZ Member #

Rs3 vs .....

Quote Originally Posted by S3DUDE View Post
    1) on a traffic light coming after a cars and coffee: C7 Z06 (650 hp)6 speed manual killed twice(two consecutive traffic lights), he did a fly-by a few seconds later(after I pulled a few cars and hit the brakes)....you got to vent the star when you lose right?

2)at the drag strip on my very first appearance: C7 Z06(650hp) auto with soft tires killed

3) at the drag strip killed a CTS-V (556hp-551lb-tq)

4) at the drag strip killed two scat-packs(485hp-485lb-tq)

5) at the drag strip killed a C6 Z06

6) at the drag strip killed a M5 twin turbo

and a few other sports cars. I have footage (times two) of 6 or 7 of the races. One footage source from the go-pro at the dash and the other one from my son from the tower making comments.

My confidence is very high, knowing that I can destroyed high power cars easily I have no concerns at all unless I line up with a porche turbo, GTR, R8 , lambo etc.
    Omg quite a list you got there! This car is by far one of the best bang for buck ATM at least for me. Really one of my most expensive car purchase but definitely one of the best too. No regrets!

Last edited by speeddemon69; 11-20-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 RS3, 2005 Acura RSX-S

- I live in OK so there is always a Brodozer (see Urban Dictionary, after the first 3 definitions it is pretty spot on and hilarious) looking to advance their overcompensation. It isn't really ever close. In my mind I imagine their wife or GF is in the truck to see them get thoroughly beaten by the little sedan and tries to console them by mentioning that it happens to all guys sometimes.
    - A few weeks ago the super typical mid-life crisis late middle aged guy in a Corvette with the temp tags still on it wanted to play. He didn't like the outcome. The kid in the car behind us seemed amused when we came up to the next light though.
    2018, Nardo, Black Optics, RS Design, Driver Assist, Technology, Dynamic, Carbon Inlays
    Milltek Secondary CAT delete, Full PPF and Ceramic, Awesome Music Library :)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganRS3 View Post
    From what i have seen, most cars will have a rough time with the RS3 on the street. AWD, a set of good street tires, and a few mods make it a street killer.
    A guy in a Demon try to show me what it could do after chatting at a light. He almost put it into a pole. Nearly identical situation a week or two later with a hellcat (this guy even took the time to show me he had the 'red' key with him).

Cars with lots of power scare me, not because I think I'd lose if we raced, rather I think that (from what i've seen) people that buy those HIGH horsepower rwd cars just do not know how to handle them on the street.
    A buddy took me for a quick spin in his Demon. He punched in while going about 20 and immediately started heading towards the ditch and fighting to get it going straight. Way too much power for the street, dangerous under hard acceleration in the hands of most.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

The rs3 is like 10x more a sleeper though than those cars so you would still win by not getting pulled over.

Be safe out there guys

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

mods !? nice list bud !

Sent from my SM-G965W using Audizine mobile app

Established Member Three Rings JorisRS6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 RS6

2018 rs3 vs 2003 rs6. We both ran an identical 13.32. That was pretty funny lol. The rs3 was bone stock. My rs6 has stage 2 software but wasnt running right.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

This thread needs some more love.

Had a little fun in my RS3

https://youtu.be/sIesFck_ZDg

RS3 - Unitronic Stage 1+, Catless mid, CTS Intake. Stock wheels and tires (wheel hop ugh), passenger
    LS1 Trans Am - Ported 5.3 heads, cam, 3400 stall, 18" ET Street radials, 430rwhp / 409 tq

Trans AM gets the break

Filmed in Mexico
    Last edited by CornWood; 12-05-2018 at 10:20 PM.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by CornWood View Post
    This thread needs some more love.
    totally agreed lol. thanks for the contribution!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Some big differences between stock and modded cars, more so than man other other cars. From 118mph ish, to nearly high 130's on the stock turbo, 140's on the stock motor and as we have seen well into the 150's on a built/turbo swap setup. Pretty big spread there.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    18 SQ5, 17 SS 1LE

I was behind a Hellcat (dealer plates on), and when we hit the straightaway he nailed it. I was in S and ready for that, so I also went. I stayed with him to not too high speeds - maybe 80?? Then traffic was coming up ahead and he let out. Is that surprising or about right for my mods?
    2018 Audi RS3, Florett Silver, NO factory options - Clear Bra, 35% tint, Unitronic Stage 1, CTS Intake, Midpipes. In the Garage - CTS Intercooler, Unitronic Turbo Inlet
    2018 Audi SQ5 Premium Plus - Wife's Daily - Clear bra, 35% tint,
    2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Hyper Blue Metallic - Ported Intake Manifold & Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, Catch Can, Hurst Exhaust and lots of Cosmetic Stuff
    Instagram - @JBonelli81

Established Member Two Rings nicholasdaa's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Tahoe Z71, 2014 E30 Stage 3 Big Turbo Ford Focus ST

Rolled up on a black ~2016 Porsche Panamera Turbo S, took him to gapplebees. He was super excited that I won and gave tons of praise, people love this car and are surprised to see it win.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Current -
    • 2018 Nardo RS3 - Fully Loaded - E85 APR Stage 1+, Unitronic Stage 2 E70, Unitronic Stage 2 TCU, APR Intercooler, APR Turbo Inlet, IMS Catless DP, IMS Catless Midpipes, Milltek Non-Resonated Catback
    • 2018 Black Tahoe Z71

AZ Member #

^^ Sorry for the "stupid question" but your signature says E-85 APR tuned but also says Unitronic plus E-70. Can you can two maps (like switch from one to the other) or is that something that you had in the pass(you first tried one tuner then switched to the other)?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

^^ Sorry for the "stupid question" but your signature says E-85 APR tuned but also says Unitronic plus E-70. Can you can two maps (like switch from one to the other) or is that something that you had in the pass(you first tried one tuner then switched to the other)?
    I ran APR and had a few issues, I hadn't refunded it yet and still had the option to go and get it reflashed. I was planning on testing Stage 2 APR vs Uni but dont want to pay for stage 2 APR upgrade since it will have issues at elevation. Getting my refund tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Current -
    • 2018 Nardo RS3 - Fully Loaded - E85 APR Stage 1+, Unitronic Stage 2 E70, Unitronic Stage 2 TCU, APR Intercooler, APR Turbo Inlet, IMS Catless DP, IMS Catless Midpipes, Milltek Non-Resonated Catback
    • 2018 Black Tahoe Z71

AZ Member #

^^ thanks for taking the time to clarify, as soon as you mentioned the elevation I do remember very clear your situation. I read about the issues and how the tune wasn't field tested properly.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

^^ thanks for taking the time to clarify, as soon as you mentioned the elevation I do remember very clear your situation. I read about the issues and how the tune wasn't field tested properly.
    To be fair, the APR tune felt great when it was running correctly and this was ONLY on the E85 version of the tune, but the anxiety that came with checking for codes and the chance of my car dying while driving normally on the highway wasn't worth it. It did seem to be specific to 5300+ feet elevation, but a few other users in Denver have contacted me with the same issue and we have all ended up getting a refund.
    Current -
    • 2018 Black Tahoe Z71

AZ Member #

Well... at least APR stands on their 30 day money back trial/policy.

Senior Member Three Rings javbomb's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasdaa View Post
    To be fair, the APR tune felt great when it was running correctly and this was ONLY on the E85 version of the tune, but the anxiety that came with checking for codes and the chance of my car dying while driving normally on the highway wasn't worth it. It did seem to be specific to 5300+ feet elevation, but a few other users in Denver have contacted me with the same issue and we have all ended up getting a refund.
    Link to where the issue is more fully explained?
    ------------------------------------
    RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Performance Package 2 | RS Design Package | Black High Gloss | Carbon Engine Cover | Matrix LED | Sunroof | Full Tint | Unitronic Stage 1+ | Michelin PS4S 245/35 Square

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by javbomb View Post
    Link to where the issue is more fully explained?
    I'll pm you so I don't derail this thread any further.
    Current -
    • 2018 Black Tahoe Z71

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasdaa View Post
    I live just outside of Denver. I've been running the APR Stage 1 E85 map for several months now without any issues and have the parts on order to upgrade to stage 2. What type of issues are you experiencing? Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast