Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Results 2,241 to 2,275 of 2275
    Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hallo, passt das Rsnav das ich mir fόr mein mmi 3g gekauft habe auch zum 3g basic ich meine von der Verkabelung her?

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Kimkira View Post
    Hallo, passt das Rsnav das ich mir fόr mein mmi 3g gekauft habe auch zum 3g basic ich meine von der Verkabelung her?
    When you selected mmi3g Basic then it works.

Wenn du das fόr mmi3g Basic bestellt hast passt es ;-)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Audizine mobile app

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Passt das Rsnav das ich mir fόr das Mmi 3g plus gekauft habe auch fόr das Mmi 3g Basic, von der Verkabelung her meine ich?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Nein habe es fόr das Mmi 3g+ gekauft und mφchte es Verkaufen und habe eine Anfrage ob es ins Basic passt.

Established Member Two Rings alexdell's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have the original 1st gen version & would be interested in an updgrade as well. The current boot up time is painful.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Kimkira View Post
    Nein habe es fόr das Mmi 3g+ gekauft und mφchte es Verkaufen und habe eine Anfrage ob es ins Basic passt.
    This forum is english only :)

Quote Originally Posted by boere View Post
    No. MMI2G comes in spring 2019.

Established Member Two Rings steviesteves's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Sooo when is the new update coming out because this volume problem is pretty annoying. I saw the newest update from 12-1 says don’t update until further notice

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings steviesteves's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Sooo when is the new update coming out because this volume problem is pretty annoying. I saw the newest update from 12-1 says don’t update until further notice

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The website is showing a hardware version 3 for the 10.25" unit. Is that a brand new release? Is there a full change log or any user feedback on it yet?

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by morph2k4 View Post
    The website is showing a hardware version 3 for the 10.25" unit. Is that a brand new release? Is there a full change log or any user feedback on it yet?
    Yup HW 3.0 is coming to town...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

So I've been driving for a few weeks with my 10,25 screen now. It's a great improvement over the standard system. I do have a few questions I hope you guys can help me with.

1: Apple Carplay keeps disconnecting
    This is a bit of a disappointment. I mainly bought the unit to use Apple carplay, and paid the 85USD for the dongle to go along with the RSNAV. However I'm experienced constant disconnects between the phone and RSNAV. It's everywhere from 2-15 mins in between, but as soon as it starts it keeps coming. It disconnects, reconnects, disconnects again and on it goes. I've installed the unit as described; RSNAV -> Black box -> White dongle -> cable -> Iphone. I've tried updating the firmware for the dongle/app but that had no effect. Any ideas for how to solve this?

2: Can I change the quick apps on RSNAV audi interface (the default screen)
    If so, how? I would love to have Spotify instead of "Media" or "Browser" as an example

3: I have the airbag warning indicator showing
    I see in the manual I need to cut a wire to make it go away. I really don't want to disassemble the setup again though. Is it simple the indicator showing, or is the airbag actually switched off by the new wire harness?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Aroikjaer View Post
    So I've been driving for a few weeks with my 10,25 screen now. It's a great improvement over the standard system. I do have a few questions I hope you guys can help me with.

1: Apple Carplay keeps disconnecting
    This is a bit of a disappointment. I mainly bought the unit to use Apple carplay, and paid the 85USD for the dongle to go along with the RSNAV. However I'm experienced constant disconnects between the phone and RSNAV. It's everywhere from 2-15 mins in between, but as soon as it starts it keeps coming. It disconnects, reconnects, disconnects again and on it goes. I've installed the unit as described; RSNAV -> Black box -> White dongle -> cable -> Iphone. I've tried updating the firmware for the dongle/app but that had no effect. Any ideas for how to solve this?

2: Can I change the quick apps on RSNAV audi interface (the default screen)
    If so, how? I would love to have Spotify instead of "Media" or "Browser" as an example

3: I have the airbag warning indicator showing
    I see in the manual I need to cut a wire to make it go away. I really don't want to disassemble the setup again though. Is it simple the indicator showing, or is the airbag actually switched off by the new wire harness?
    I too have frequent disconnects with Android Auto.

Daniel mentioned it because of the cable. But in reality for me it was because of the Black dongle (usb filter). The connection with this black dongle was never firm and the connection is very sensitive so is the disconnect problem.

Best Solution I figured out is to replace the black dongle with external powered USB hub.

RSNAV USB >> External powered USB Hub >> Autokit Dongle (white) >> cable >> phone.

This connection was very stable for me. I expected the usb hub also charges the phone. But unfortunately it is still very very slow changing. I tried couple of USB hubs all are the same. I am still in process of finding a good HUB.

2. You can replace some of the short cuts in Audi home screen by long pressing on the icon

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by andRap View Post
    I too have frequent disconnects with Android Auto.

Daniel mentioned it because of the cable. But in reality for me it was because of the Black dongle (usb filter). The connection with this black dongle was never firm and the connection is very sensitive so is the disconnect problem.

Best Solution I figured out is to replace the black dongle with external powered USB hub.

RSNAV USB >> External powered USB Hub >> Autokit Dongle (white) >> cable >> phone.

This connection was very stable for me. I expected the usb hub also charges the phone. But unfortunately it is still very very slow changing. I tried couple of USB hubs all are the same. I am still in process of finding a good HUB.

2. You can replace some of the short cuts in Audi home screen by long pressing on the icon

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info. I will try to long press to change the apps on the home screen .

Is there an "official" guide on how to make the Carplay work @Daniel? I understand the it's still an "early adopters product", but it doesn't seem right to me that the 85 USD dongle doesn't work on it's own. If this is a know problem I would have preferred the information was available on purchase, at least with a warning that we might need to purchase extra material to make it work.

Also anyone know about the airbag warning indicator, is it simple the indicator showing or is the airbag actually disabled?

Senior Member Three Rings cybernet99's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 A4 S-Line, 2004 Yamaha R1

Thanks for the info. I will try to long press to change the apps on the home screen .

Is there an "official" guide on how to make the Carplay work @Daniel? I understand the it's still an "early adopters product", but it doesn't seem right to me that the 85 USD dongle doesn't work on it's own. If this is a know problem I would have preferred the information was available on purchase, at least with a warning that we might need to purchase extra material to make it work.

Also anyone know about the airbag warning indicator, is it simple the indicator showing or is the airbag actually disabled?
    I have no problems with Airplay, it is rock solid for me. Check that you have all of the correct firmware and software updates applied. I'm not sure if the current "most recent AutoBox" update is stable. I have heard a few people complain about the most recent update. I'm not sure. If you want me to check to see what HW/SW version I'm running I can check for you. (car is put away for the winter, but I can still get in it to check)

I also taped the adapter into place (it can not loosen up or not have a good connection). I plugged it into the USB adapter, tested it and then wrapped it in felt tape so that it would not rattle and would not come loose at all.
    Integrated Engineering (Sport Short Block | Sport Head Assy | Intake Manifold), Eurodyne Stg 2, AWE FMIC, ECS Lightweight Flywheel/South Bend Stg 2 Endurance Clutch, 034 Hi Flow SS Cat, Mototec SS Downpipe | SS Exhaust, GFB DV+, H&R Rear Sway Bar, 034 Billet Transmission Mount Insert, 034 Density Motor Mounts, Apikol Rear Diff Mount, Alu Kreuz, 034 Density Front Control Arms, UR Strut Bars, AP Racing BBK 380(F)/330(R) floating rotors

Senior Member Four Rings a4android's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hi,
    No need to generalize an issue.
    There seems to be faulty dongles out of many.
    We test together and if not work, let's try replace.
    It's not supposed to that hard for anyone.
    The whole idea was plug and cruise.
    If it's torturing you, something isn't right.

Indeed, the filter thing is flappy, but the truth is it's just one port hub. So I suggest to try another hub.

the dongle is outsourced and I see many suffers when connection is bad. There are so many reason for that thing is not working right - bad filter, bad dongle, interference from can bus gateway, cable quality and length, and even clearness of lightening connector so on.

Nevertheless, most of them work fine when the filter is plugged or cable got changed. Out of 600, I see 10 or less dongle failure.

I am not sure if you are the person I sent a replacement dongle today.

I am always here to serve, so contact me to official email address.

나의 SM-T830 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
    Daniel Kim
    2010 A4 B8 - My first car ever!

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Got my RSA-12 hw 2 installed in a Audi A4 2015 a week ago. Very happy with the results.
    I estimate it took me 4 hours to do this, where most of the time went into understanding how to take the interior apart gently for the first time without damaging anything.
    It's a clear upgrade from the factory screen for the Audi functions, as well as enabling android based apps.
    The backup camera will be fantastic when I get around to install it.

Now for a series of questions and suggestions:
    * I notice a new fw was posted on Jan 3 but there have been messages about not updating. Is it a safe update? Is there a changelog to go with it so I can investigate the impact of updating?

* The harness was very smooth to work with, except the filter boxes that was very thick. I was forced to temporarily remove the one closest to the unit to be able to install the harness. I understand the need for them but they seem to be thicker than necessary. A thinner box around it could make it easier to install.

* The width of the screen is fantastic, but the height is not so good. Many of the RSNAV menus are not using the full height of the screen, which is already the limiting factor. Extending them all the way would make it better.

* The home screen with greyish background emits a lot of light at night driving. A dark mode with more black and greater contrast would be easier on a driver's night vision. I'd go for a clean empty black background with no patterns or pictures for night driving.

* I just ordered special cables from china to integrate the unit with my factory antennas. I would have been happy to pay for those as an addon option in the kit. Same goes for tools to disassemble interior and radio.

* I received 2 usb dongles, one long white that I believe is a hardware license for android auto? and one smallish black that I am uncertain what it does. What are they?

* The softbuttons of the tablet are on the right side, far away from the driver. An option to set them on the left side would make them a lot easier to reach.

* The screen width of the soft keyboard is very wide and writing on it requires moving the hand a lot so you write slowly. Setting the keyboard narrower would make it a lot better.

Thanks for a fantastic system! I'm very happy with it.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by a4android View Post
    Hi,
    No need to generalize an issue.
    There seems to be faulty dongles out of many.
    We test together and if not work, let's try replace.
    It's not supposed to that hard for anyone.
    The whole idea was plug and cruise.
    If it's torturing you, something isn't right.

Indeed, the filter thing is flappy, but the truth is it's just one port hub. So I suggest to try another hub.

the dongle is outsourced and I see many suffers when connection is bad. There are so many reason for that thing is not working right - bad filter, bad dongle, interference from can bus gateway, cable quality and length, and even clearness of lightening connector so on.

Nevertheless, most of them work fine when the filter is plugged or cable got changed. Out of 600, I see 10 or less dongle failure.

I am not sure if you are the person I sent a replacement dongle today.

I am always here to serve, so contact me to official email address.

나의 SM-T830 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
    Hi Daniel, thank you for the reply. I will contact you in an email. I will try to put in as many details as I can, so we can locate the issue.

Again thanks for the great work you're doing, it's much appreciated - even if some of us get impatient or frustrated at times :)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jontis View Post
    Got my RSA-12 hw 2 installed in a Audi A4 2015 a week ago. Very happy with the results.
    I estimate it took me 4 hours to do this, where most of the time went into understanding how to take the interior apart gently for the first time without damaging anything.
    It's a clear upgrade from the factory screen for the Audi functions, as well as enabling android based apps.
    The backup camera will be fantastic when I get around to install it.

Now for a series of questions and suggestions:
    * I notice a new fw was posted on Jan 3 but there have been messages about not updating. Is it a safe update? Is there a changelog to go with it so I can investigate the impact of updating?

* The harness was very smooth to work with, except the filter boxes that was very thick. I was forced to temporarily remove the one closest to the unit to be able to install the harness. I understand the need for them but they seem to be thicker than necessary. A thinner box around it could make it easier to install.

* The width of the screen is fantastic, but the height is not so good. Many of the RSNAV menus are not using the full height of the screen, which is already the limiting factor. Extending them all the way would make it better.

* The home screen with greyish background emits a lot of light at night driving. A dark mode with more black and greater contrast would be easier on a driver's night vision. I'd go for a clean empty black background with no patterns or pictures for night driving.

* I just ordered special cables from china to integrate the unit with my factory antennas. I would have been happy to pay for those as an addon option in the kit. Same goes for tools to disassemble interior and radio.

* I received 2 usb dongles, one long white that I believe is a hardware license for android auto? and one smallish black that I am uncertain what it does. What are they?

* The softbuttons of the tablet are on the right side, far away from the driver. An option to set them on the left side would make them a lot easier to reach.

* The screen width of the soft keyboard is very wide and writing on it requires moving the hand a lot so you write slowly. Setting the keyboard narrower would make it a lot better.

Thanks for a fantastic system! I'm very happy with it.
    I had the same experience with the filter boxes. I had to remove the box around the noise isolator to be able to pull the wire all the way to the RSNAV system. Even without the filter box it was a stretch for me. It actually says on the RSNAV homepage right now to do so (at least that's how I read it).

"Make sure the main connector harness is not stretched tightly due to the blockage of wire tunnel to LCD by the noise isolator. Unwrap the noise isolator casing to pass the tunnel. If neglected, you would have all sort of malfunction, error, or destruction of the main board

I hope mine isn't stretched too much, I found it a very tight fit to get the mini jack cable to reach the RSNAV tablet.

For the Dongles, the black one is a USB filter and the white one is the Apple Carplay/Android auto dongle (license). They should be connected RSNAV -> Black filter -> White dongle -> Phone cable (Lightning or mUSB depending on phone) -> Phone.

AZ Member #

@daniel means the picture that the v200 ist BNAV and the v201 is HNAV? Or do they both use the Same can Software and one is Just newer than the other?Screenshot_20190111-215913.jpeg

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

For the Dongles, the black one is a USB filter and the white one is the Apple Carplay/Android auto dongle (license). They should be connected RSNAV -> Black filter -> White dongle -> Phone cable (Lightning or mUSB depending on phone) -> Phone.
    Many thanks for that information

AZ Member #

@daniel means the picture that the v200 ist BNAV and the v201 is HNAV? Or do they both use the Same can Software and one is Just newer than the other?Screenshot_20190111-215913.jpeg

Both v200,201 for Both BNAV and HNAV.

나의 SM-G960W 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
    Daniel Kim

Active Member One Ring hobbesVT's Avatar
    AZ Member #

... that's why I opted for the 10.1 in my Q5 - I had a 800x600 unit in one of my former cars and remembered from there that 480pixels are not too much ...
    I admit that the higher display may fit better in a Q5 than in a A4 - just saying it looks great in my Q5 :-)

have you thought of installing a different keybaord app? There are even floating keyboards that can be moved around easily ... Google is also testing this now: why not try the gboard app?
    https://fossbytes.com/how-to-use-gbo...ting-keyboard/

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoeJoe View Post
    @a4android: Daniel, will this be available as update. So we can buy the pcb only?Attachment 100333

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Audizine mobile app
    also intrested!
    Didnt had time to install my device yet but what is the current boottime now?
    Have the 3gb ram version.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Homienator View Post
    also intrested!
    Didnt had time to install my device yet but what is the current boottime now?
    Have the 3gb ram version.
    i think V2 Unit needs 50sek to boot.
    Because of the app "Tasker" and additional App-Starts my unit takes nearly 60sek until my DAB+ music plays. (Last Autostart-APP)

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by sickday View Post
    i think V2 Unit needs 50sek to boot.
    Because of the app "Tasker" and additional App-Starts my unit takes nearly 60sek until my DAB+ music plays. (Last Autostart-APP)
    And what if u have a reversecamera or park sensors?
    Do u have to wait 50secons before u can see whats happening behind you?

Active Member One Ring hobbesVT's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Homienator View Post
    And what if u have a reversecamera or park sensors?
    Do u have to wait 50secons before u can see whats happening behind you?
    No, reverse camera runs off the original core, within a sec or two

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by hobbesVT View Post
    No, reverse camera runs off the original core, within a sec or two

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Oke thats nice :)
    Because i bought the reversecamera aswell from Rsnav.

AZ Member #

Does anyone know whether the Jan 2019 firmware updates have been release?

The google drive one seems to be Sep and Nov 2018 versions.

AZ Member #

Yes, it seems it's not a compatibility issue with certain gateways but something keeps crashing our MCU to CANBUS decoder.
    Nevertheless, our test devices worked fine, so we are waiting one of the faulty units come back to us for analysis.
    Daniel are there some News? Today its terrible with the rsnav. The Car or Setup or any other scrollable menue freezes after 2-3 Scrolls and i cant choose anything in MMI menue...

AZ Member #

@Daniel: also interested in upgrade option. rsnav hardware V3? Any News?

AZ Member #

Daniel are there some News? Today its terrible with the rsnav. The Car or Setup or any other scrollable menue freezes after 2-3 Scrolls and i cant choose anything in MMI menue...

Update. When i start the Car First time on a day and Android is fully loaded and i do nothing in android everything works fine when i Switch to any MMI menue Like "Car" or "Setup" or something.

Then i Go Back to Android by pushing the Screen and i Open Spotify for example to Listen some music.
    After that when i go to Car menue in MMI or any other MMI menue the Screen freezes after 2-3 Seconds.
    Perhaps you can locate the Problem now better...?

AZ Member #

For mmi console, it seems some new assignment that we've done for more feature to the console is the source of the problem. We confirmed 0918 firmware is free of such error. Nevertheless, to roll back the firmware, you will need usb flashing method.

Will try to come up with faster relief for the console.

Daniel Kim

AZ Member #

For mmi console, it seems some new assignment that we've done for more feature to the console is the source of the problem. We confirmed 0918 firmware is free of such error. Nevertheless, to roll back the firmware, you will need usb flashing method.

Will try to come up with faster relief for the console.

OK thx for answer.
    I will Go Back to 0918 but this Version is Not online anymore is it?

What means USB flashing method? Can i Not downgrade via SD Card?

AZ Member #

OK thx for answer.
    I will Go Back to 0918 but this Version is Not online anymore is it?

What means USB flashing method? Can i Not downgrade via SD Card?

OK. Got it. But that is too much for my brain :D i will wait for newer fw and Hope that this is free from that issue. By the way, i saw that there are two fw on Google Drive for 1.0 BNAV Europe. One is december 3rd and one Jan 3rd.

I have the december installed. What is the january fw?

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657