Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,080 of 2306
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    After connection, did you open the app Auto Kit.?
    What does it say.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauven View Post
    Thanks for the info andRap. I tried this combination, and it still did not work for me.

I do get the light on the white connector (I think the light might be green, but it shines through the white plastic so it looks like a white light).

I was able to get my phone to indicate both charging and USB tethering with the connection as RSNAv USB << Black dongle << white Dongle << Phone, but neither the RSNav unit or the phone react at all to the connection being made.

On the RSNav, when I check the network Hotspot & tethering settings screen, it indicates that the USB connection is not in use (no connection).

I also tried updating my Pixel 2 XL to the latest December 2018 patches, which many users indicated resolved their Android Auto issues, but it didn't make a difference for me.

Paul
    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

First Open the App, then Connect the Phone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

This week I received and mostly installed the RSNav 10.25" in my 2012 B8 S4. I have a few questions and an outstanding issue.

I bought the Apple Carplay / Android Auto adapter, and was surprised when I actually received two adapters. I received the white adapter with the tail, as shown on the RSNav website, and a small black adaptor cube with no tail that isn't shown on the website. They are not labeled, so I don't know what each one is for. I'm guessing that one is for Apple, and one is for Android. I would appreciate help on this, as I plan to hide this connector behind the climate control, and need to know which one to use to finish reassembly. Also, can I use both at the same time? I'm an Android guy, and my girlfriend is an Apple girl, so it would be nice if she can use Apple Carplay when borrowing my ride.

Part of the reason I'm confused is that I can't get the USB connected Android Auto to work with my Pixel 2 at all. Originally when I plugged in with no adapter, it would open the Gallery on the RSNav, and close immediately after showing an error (missing ATP if I recall correctly). Plugging in the black adapter made that go away, but it still just opened to the gallery. When I used the white adapter the RSNav didn't respond at all (maybe it's for Apple?). My phone charged using all three connection methods. Researching online, I found instructions to change my Pixel 2 to use USB Tethering by default, and when I did this now the RSNav doesn't respond at all no matter what adapter I use, plus it doesn't share my phone's data connection so it seems like tethering isn't working, even though my phone indicates that it is in USB tethered mode. I've tried it with Bluetooth both enabled and disabled, no difference, and I've even cleared my Android Auto data on my phone to reset it to stock. I really have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Also, being a brand new system I seem to be running a recent firmware, as I have the new GUI and can't get to the Android desktop, which has been very confusing since it doesn't match any of the help videos. System: M8.q5.1.0.1.09181935, MCU: 5.3.1011. Is it possible that Android Auto connectivity is broken in this version?

Last question related to running the cable to the AMI in my glovebox. I searched and didn't find any mention of how other users are running this cable. Do I need to drill a hole, or is there a pre-existing hole I can use? If I'm drilling a hole, where is a good spot to drill it in the glovebox?

Thanks!
    Paul
    Yes you need to Drill a hole... I Made it nearly the can Bus connecting.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by a4android View Post
    'Echo' is addressed if you read it again.
    Deactivating sound mix will resolve the issue.

It's kinda sad.
    I have updated my unit today, but still have the echo issue.

I have also changed this setting: (tried both)

Not improvement

It's really kinda sad.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by sickday View Post

Not improvement

It's really kinda sad.
    How did you get the kmh right in Display?

Wie hast du die kmh Anzeige dort hin bekommen?

Senior Member Four Rings a4android's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Not improvement

It's really kinda sad.
    Deactivate and reboot.

나의 SM-G960W 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
    Daniel Kim
    2010 A4 B8 - My first car ever!

Established Member Two Rings k7780446's Avatar
    AZ Member #

10.25” Android head unit / display (RSNAV)

This might be a dumb question but if you have the factory 7” screen can you buy the 8.8” screen and install with no modifications/comes with everything you need to install??

Sent from my iPad using Audizine

AZ Member #

Anyone have screen issue when select radio interface?
    Mine seems is going fade in black screen and back again ok and then do it again with intervals 30 sec.
    That do on radio only. On android is OK

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by gonny View Post
    Mine seems is going fade in black screen and back again ok and then do it again with intervals 30 sec.
    Seems to be can Bus Problem. Did you Install the newest Firmware? Than you can try to Update can again and maybe it will fix the Problem.

AZ Member #

Deactivate and reboot.

Sorry,
    Same problem. Activated and deactivated still with echo.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by gonny View Post
    CarPlay dongle make our system keep switching. Should check the dongle firmware. Latest one was doing that and I had to downgrade.

Daniel Kim

AZ Member #

Sorry,
    Same problem. Activated and deactivated still with echo.
    You are using sim card right? The reason of echo was delay between our sound amplifier for the centre channel and mmi headunit(mmi is slower). Thus, disconnect center speaker from our line and revert to factory wiring. Leave our centre lines disconnected. And leave sound mixing deactivated.

Daniel Kim

AZ Member #

You are using sim card right? The reason of echo was delay between our sound amplifier for the centre channel and mmi headunit(mmi is slower). Thus, disconnect center speaker from our line and revert to factory wiring. Leave our centre lines disconnected. And leave sound mixing deactivated.

But the problem was long before implementing the center speaker feature?! I also have the problem but didnt updatet till now

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Audizine mobile app
    Last edited by JoeJoeJoe; 12-11-2018 at 03:44 AM.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by k7780446 View Post
    This might be a dumb question but if you have the factory 7” screen can you buy the 8.8” screen and install with no modifications/comes with everything you need to install??

Sent from my iPad using Audizine
    yes...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by briceportier View Post
    Experiencing an issue with the GSM signal strength: it usually sticks to 3G with one or two bars and only sometimes switches to 4G with 0 bars... This means that I'm almost always connecting the unit to my S9's hotspot and eating away my data plan rather than the one I'm paying for to ensure that my RSNav is fully autonomous...

Is anyone else using the internal sim and do you have the same issue? Have you swapped the GSM antena for another one?

NB: I'm already using the car's GPS antena and that's working fine but it didn't have the phone option preinstalled so can't tap the factory GSM antena...

This could be unrelated but data wise I'm also having issues updating apps with the download status regularly showing downloaded data way past the 100% mark...

Daniel, anyone... any idea/suggestions?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by andRap View Post
    After connection, did you open the app Auto Kit.?
    What does it say.?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I didn't find an app called Auot Kit., but I have an AutoPlay app. When I ran AutoPlay, it asked me to connect my phone, and then Android Auto worked!

It doesn't pop up automatically on the RSNav like I would have expected, perhaps that can be improved in a future firmware, but at least it works when I run AutoPlay. It does have a squished appearance, I think the 10.25" screen's aspect ratio is not handled properly. But since it is now working, I gaffer taped all the USB connections, hid them behind the HVAC controls, and reassembled my center console.

Thanks for the guidance, I would have never thought to run the AutoPlay app. No idea where you gained that knowledge.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by boere View Post
    Yes you need to Drill a hole... I Made it nearly the can Bus connecting.

Thanks for the confirmation boere. I was thinking that was the solution to running the AUX cable into the glovebox, but I appreciate your assistance.

AZ Member #

Thanks for the confirmation boere. I was thinking that was the solution to running the AUX cable into the glovebox, but I appreciate your assistance.
    You are Welcome. I think the Installation Manual should be updated in several ways. Like your "Problem" or the Guy with the Autoplay App...

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

On my 2012 B8 S4, I've noticed a discrepancy between the climate control temperature on the car's controls, and the temperature shown on the RSNav. The RSNav is about 7 degrees low, and also doesn't round to whole integers. Most of the time is shows a single decimal, i.e. 64.4, but on certain temps it shows about 14 decimal places, like 65.30000000000001 as you can see in the pic below.

I don't know if it is reading the temp wrong, or converting from C to F incorrectly (formula should be (C Temp * 9/5) + 32 = F).

IMG_20181209_154546.jpg

AZ Member #

Yes i am using an internal sim card.
    But i haven't changed the wires yet. The wires are as they were from the first Day.
    Both lines connected to each other, no line to the Center speaker.

What Do you mean?
    Disconnect the Center speaker?

AZ Member #

interesting... let me take a look.
    I've in china on 6th nov exactly for those - echo and Fahrenheit and they works fine on mine.
    do you guys have mmi? tried update the canbus?
    Daniel Kim

AZ Member #

actually, I know it's MMI because only MMI's having the echo problem.
    Daniel Kim

AZ Member #

I have MMI and No Problems

AZ Member #

Could it be a connection Problem? Like how they installed the cables around the can Bus? Interference?

AZ Member #

So when navigation/BT handsfree/SIM call is active
    RSNAV blocks signal between MMI and Centre Speaker outputs, and then it takes over the centre speaker. But Our unit sends out sounds faster than MMI so there is that echo.
    So there are brown wires to RSNAV where MMI is sending a signal, and grey wires from RSNAV to MMI to send sound outputs for MMI. Normally, it's set to pass the signal through.
    Therefore if the grey and brown wires connected to each other completely avoiding rsnav, there has to be no echo.

For the Fahrenheit, we debugged it based on a Chinese Audi A4 FL and a Canadian A4 PFL, have the display show Fahrenheit in Audi Original, and it works find there.
    Daniel Kim

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

For the Fahrenheit, we debugged it based on a Chinese Audi A4 FL and a Canadian A4 PFL, have the display show Fahrenheit in Audi Original, and it works find there.
    What version has this fixed? Maybe I'm running an older version?

AZ Member #

the ones are uploaded on the date 03.12.18 in the wiki software page.
    Daniel Kim

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Sorry, I don't mean to be a problem, but I don't see anything uploaded on that date. Am I correct that 03.12.18 = December 3rd, 2018? Or is that March 12?

On the wiki software page, for First Update, I see version M8.1.0.1.11231825 (looks like Nov 23, 2018), and the update log for 2018.12.01 (Dec 1st) mentions the Fahrenheit fix. I'm running M8.q5.1.0.1.09181935, which I'm guessing is the previous version from September 18, correct?

I'm just unsure I'm looking at the right versions when the update log date doesn't match the file version number and neither match the date you mentioned.

Thanks for your help!

Paul

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I think I figured out what you meant by ones uploaded on 03.12.18 in the wiki software page. I had to look at the wiki page history to see your individual edit dates, and I see you edited it on Dec 3rd. I think it would be better to reference a value on the web page itself, and not reference an edit date that is hidden from the casual user.

Anyway, I updated to 11231825, and while it is much better, the temperature still isn't right. The amount of the variance varies based upon the temperature being set, so here are some test points:

Audi | RSNav
    ---------------
    HI | HI (matches)
    84 | 79 (5 degrees low)
    73 | 70 (3 degrees low)
    64 | 63 (1 degree low)
    62 | LOW (mismatch)
    LOW| 63 (mismatch)

Also, when I do the seat warmer (0-6), the RSNav shows the current temperature setting (i.e. 70 degrees). Fan speed and vent options look perfect.

Paul

AZ Member #

So when navigation/BT handsfree/SIM call is active
    RSNAV blocks signal between MMI and Centre Speaker outputs, and then it takes over the centre speaker. But Our unit sends out sounds faster than MMI so there is that echo.
    So there are brown wires to RSNAV where MMI is sending a signal, and grey wires from RSNAV to MMI to send sound outputs for MMI. Normally, it's set to pass the signal through.
    Therefore if the grey and brown wires connected to each other completely avoiding rsnav, there has to be no echo.

Thats correct, i have MMI.

I followed your guideline and connected both lines:

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Hi
    It΄s the update of version 1 in the web?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Shiosan View Post
    Hi
    It΄s the update of version 1 in the web?
    Yes

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Exclamation

Anyone in the NYC area can help me with the installation of this RSNAV or can anyone reccomend other shops that install this well?

Thank you!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoeJoe View Post
    But the problem was long before implementing the center speaker feature?! I also have the problem but didnt updatet till now

@Daniel: can you explain it?

AZ Member #

i cant tell, but is the most recent software update available for the version 1.0 Boards, or are you still in beta with the 2.0 board ?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I'm installing my kit next week (delivered 2 weeks ago). I'm getting slightly confused with all the posts and "fixes" in the thread, hopefully you guys can help create clarity. Do I still install the kit using the installation guide in the kit? And do I then do any updates after?

Assuming I have to:
    1: Install the kit as described in the installation guide
    2: Plug in Carplay adapter + black adapter
    3: Install updates from RSNAV website

Is this still the way to go? Or is there any steps I should skip from the guide? Insulator, black adapter, speakers etc. I have a 2009 A4 with Concert/Symphony.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Aroikjaer View Post
    I'm installing my kit next week (delivered 2 weeks ago). I'm getting slightly confused with all the posts and "fixes" in the thread, hopefully you guys can help create clarity. Do I still install the kit using the installation guide in the kit? And do I then do any updates after?

Assuming I have to:
    1: Install the kit as described in the installation guide
    2: Plug in Carplay adapter + black adapter
    3: Install updates from RSNAV website

Is this still the way to go? Or is there any steps I should skip from the guide? Insulator, black adapter, speakers etc. I have a 2009 A4 with Concert/Symphony.

Agreed! This process seems to be confusing me as well. Does anyone have a youtube video of the installation that can clarify the process? I am a newb when it comes to installing electronic head units in vehicles. Also, anyone in NYC area can help me install this unit? Or does anyone have a recommended shop that can install this unit?

Thanks in advance!

Senior Member Three Rings cybernet99's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 A4 S-Line, 2004 Yamaha R1

Quote Originally Posted by xanyan View Post
    Agreed! This process seems to be confusing me as well. Does anyone have a youtube video of the installation that can clarify the process? I am a newb when it comes to installing electronic head units in vehicles. Also, anyone in NYC area can help me install this unit? Or does anyone have a recommended shop that can install this unit?

Thanks in advance!
    If you want some photos to help you follow the instructions along, starting at this place in the thread, should be helpful.
    https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...1#post12783988

Once the unit is installed and all wired up, then you will need to perform the software/firmware updates. The Wiki is the best place to follow the instructions from. http://wiki.rsnav.com/Main_Page
    If Video's help to get a sense of how long something might take for the firmware updates etc, I have captured and posted onto YouTube some video clips. https://youtu.be/WLm9bQzRgCc

You can always try DM'ing me ... but I do have a very busy full time job, so will do my best to help others get through things.
    Integrated Engineering (Sport Short Block | Sport Head Assy | Intake Manifold), Eurodyne Stg 2, AWE FMIC, ECS Lightweight Flywheel/South Bend Stg 2 Endurance Clutch, 034 Hi Flow SS Cat, Mototec SS Downpipe | SS Exhaust, GFB DV+, H&R Rear Sway Bar, 034 Billet Transmission Mount Insert, 034 Density Motor Mounts, Apikol Rear Diff Mount, Alu Kreuz, 034 Density Front Control Arms, UR Strut Bars, AP Racing BBK 380(F)/330(R) floating rotors

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Is it possible to change the home screen widget to MPH?

AZ Member #

Just random jotting here.

Brice, you are not getting LTE, because hardware 1.0 is missing LTE band 20. I see major EU carriers switched to B20 from B1,3,5. Also, some American carriers are requiring FCC ID. Now I have no idea what carrier you can use our internal modem except some prepaid sims.

It's been about 2 years that i am into this rsnav stuff, and frankly, i felt dissatisfied and disappointed with outcomes from time to time. But i never give up and one by one, we eliminated issues and making things improved. Remember? When last year people began trying some of our beta products, they failed to boot in the first place. I know still it isn't perfect but getting improved.

Hibernation stuff is something i thought easy and doable to all hardware versions but that wasn't the case. From new year it seems we are likely to ship devices with hibenation. Only few transistors added in terms of components but there is significant changes in microchip firmware which requires a special tool so i don't think it's diyable.

Android 7.0 is almost done, except wifi and cellular modem driver setup.

BTW, The one issue that I had was having constant high frequency noise. It was its worst just after put ignition on winter. I thought it's rsnav making that noise and I always complained about that to mr.zhang. The noise isolator seems to fixing that, but still I can feel trace of that noise whenever I am in my car. But one day, I realized the noise is not present on B8.5s and currently the noise is only coming from my right side, so I checked radio, grounds and everything else last two years but the 8ch Audi factory amp by ASK until recent.

So, the original part is 8T0 035 223 AH for my 2010 A4. I got second hand ASK amp(non B&O) from Q5(B8.5) with part no. 8R1 035 223 A at 50$. Since their software revision is the same as 023, I assumed eeprom transplant would not be a problem. Indeed, HW is different. H08 is smaller and have slightly different audio processors compared to B8 8T0 amp. I transplanted my old amp's eeprom that has component protection information, instead of paying Audi dealers 200$ removing component protection. Outcome? Working perfectly. The noise made me annoyed last 5 years is completely gone. Also, sound is richer and fuller than before with less THD.

Anyway, I am not using our noise isolator based on ba3121 anymore because of about 30% of bass loss, but only this aux cable to my ami. No EMI with this cable.
    https://digiflexcables.com/collectio.../products/nkkf

The only annoying problem left for me is occaisonal android auto/CarPlay random music stop when i use with Audi steering wheel roller key. Probably early next year we may able support wireless CarPlay and will see if going to wireless would make thing better. It seem minor Hardware change may be required for that.

in next firmware update, I think we may be able to offer customization of hardware key assignments. Now having PBMC included.

Btw, added a small button for hazard flasher board for future shipments instead of asking people to cut wires. In next pcb batch, the switch will be moved to the hazard flasher board.

That's all for today.

나의 SM-T830 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
    Last edited by a4android; 12-13-2018 at 02:00 AM.
    Daniel Kim

Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast