Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings DOWORKB7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Audi B9 A4 Review

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I got to experience a B9 for the week....wow this is impressive and a huge step up from my B7 A4...
    Looks amazing, power was really surprising...almost makes me not want or need an S4...
    Every time someone got in the car they commented on the digital dash, itís amazing.
    Here is my review!

https://youtu.be/U_FshYJnumo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active Member One Ring Aviator6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A5 SB Prestige, Matador Red

Excellent video. I'm impressed & agree with 99% of your comments. As to the out-of-place volume control on the console: I find it quite handy when driving casually where I just have my left hand on the steering wheel. My right hand just naturally falls to that volume control. Also, that knob moves side to side to move up or down your preselected radio presets. Now, you just need to get rid of that yellow thing! Just kidding...

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator6 View Post
    Excellent video. I'm impressed & agree with 99% of your comments. As to the out-of-place volume control on the console: I find it quite handy when driving casually where I just have my left hand on the steering wheel. My right hand just naturally falls to that volume control. Also, that knob moves side to side to move up or down your preselected radio presets. Now, you just need to get rid of that yellow thing! Just kidding...
    The position of the volume knob is a love/hate relationship for me.

On one hand, like you said, it's in the perfect spot when I'm driving with one hand on the wheel and my right falls either onto the shift knob as a wrist wrest (automatic here) or by the volume knob. Where it fails on certain occasions is when the spouse is in the car and she accidentally hits it while shifting around or looking for crap in her purse.

At the end of the day though, it doesn't really matter! Not a big enough problem to complain about. The car is fantastic.

Senior Member Three Rings audrobotic's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DOWORKB7 View Post
    I got to experience a B9 for the week....wow this is impressive and a huge step up from my B7 A4...
    Looks amazing, power was really surprising...almost makes me not want or need an S4...
    Every time someone got in the car they commented on the digital dash, itís amazing.
    Here is my review!

https://youtu.be/U_FshYJnumo

I only made it 30 seconds in...you lost me at ďOddyĒ and the Tai Lopez spoof.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zZKp_jFxQJc
    Current: 2013 A4 | Past: 2010 A4 | B8 Warning! 2009-2012 = Mechanicís Special

2013 Audi A4 2.0T FWD multitronic CVT | Brilliant Black
    TFSI Longitudinal EA888 CAEB 26.02.13
    EPA MPG: 24 City / 31 Hwy | Oil: Pennzoil 5W40 Ultra
    Blades: Valeo 574462 (VM362) - Mods: Mann-Filter C32130 | Mann-Filter CUK2450
    Tires: 245/45/R17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by audrobotic View Post
    I only made it 30 seconds in...you lost me at ďOddyĒ and the Tai Lopez spoof.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zZKp_jFxQJc
    Haha I️ know this is my second Audi/Oddi and I️ still canít say the name right.
    Tai Lopez lol knowledge

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Loathing View Post
    The position of the volume knob is a love/hate relationship for me.

On one hand, like you said, it's in the perfect spot when I'm driving with one hand on the wheel and my right falls either onto the shift knob as a wrist wrest (automatic here) or by the volume knob. Where it fails on certain occasions is when the spouse is in the car and she accidentally hits it while shifting around or looking for crap in her purse.

At the end of the day though, it doesn't really matter! Not a big enough problem to complain about. The car is fantastic.
    I️ agree, at the end of the day this A4 is fantastic. Audi really stepped it up with the B9. If you compare it to a C class or 3 series, I️ believe that it is miles ahead of the competition.

Senior Member Three Rings audrobotic's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DOWORKB7 View Post
    Haha I️ know this is my second Audi/Oddi and I️ still canít say the name right.
    Tai Lopez lol knowledge

Iím glad you have a good sense of humor about it. I was just giving you a hard time. The rest was pretty good and detailed but I had trouble with the shaky cam. But I do like the B9 a lot. One thing I dont hear people mention is that long vent design across the whole dash is actually from really old school Audis.
    Current: 2013 A4 | Past: 2010 A4 | B8 Warning! 2009-2012 = Mechanicís Special

2013 Audi A4 2.0T FWD multitronic CVT | Brilliant Black
    TFSI Longitudinal EA888 CAEB 26.02.13
    EPA MPG: 24 City / 31 Hwy | Oil: Pennzoil 5W40 Ultra
    Blades: Valeo 574462 (VM362) - Mods: Mann-Filter C32130 | Mann-Filter CUK2450
    Tires: 245/45/R17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings ModdedEuros's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Nice review. It def is night and day difference from the B7.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

hello; not to sound like a dope- but does anyone know what the tiny black button
    just to the left of the drivers side heated seat control is?

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Jake@JHM's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK7-GTI-APR-STG2-Grand-Cherokee-R6-Raven-IRON-1250

Quote Originally Posted by jstjohn35 View Post
    hello; not to sound like a dope- but does anyone know what the tiny black button

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jstjohn35 View Post
    I asked that at the dealer yesterday and they said itís just the interior temp sensor.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

eject button

Quote Originally Posted by Jake@JHM View Post
    haha ; i joked with my sales associate that it is the annoying salesman ejection button- he didn't know what it was either!