Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 31 of 31

Thread: JP S4 B9 Build

  1. #1
    Established Member Two Rings JohnPhotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    407088
    Location
    SoCal

    JP S4 B9 Build

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys. Just picked up my S4 B9 on 11/6/17...

    * Prestige - Fully loaded expect for cold/warm pkg's
    * Ibis White
    * Magma Red Interior

    Immediately after leaving the dealership, I got ceramic tint.

    Tomorrow, I'm getting the following mods...

    * 20" HRE FF04 in Liquid Metal
    * 245/30/20 Michelin P4S
    * KW HAS Kit
    * AWE Touring Exhaust

    Here's a few iPhone X pix....





    Stay tuned. Thanks for checking in.
    Last edited by JohnPhotography; 11-09-2017 at 08:30 PM.

  2. #2
    Established Member Two Rings JohnPhotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    407088
    Location
    SoCal

    Today I got my HRE's coated with CS2 Alpha45 (45% SI02) before I get them mounted tomorrow.







    Last edited by JohnPhotography; 11-09-2017 at 08:31 PM.

  3. #3
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    64971
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5
    Location
    Boone, NC

    Nice!! Eric doing the installs?

    Liquid metal looks really cool.
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more


  4. #4
    Active Member Two Rings DOWORKB7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    393777
    Location
    Cleveland

    Wow very nice!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Established Member Two Rings JohnPhotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    407088
    Location
    SoCal

    Quote Originally Posted by Mops@SupremePower View Post
    Nice!! Eric doing the installs?

    Liquid metal looks really cool.
    He mounted the tires. But Andrew did most of the work.

    And yes, love the liquid metal against the white....especially with the silver mirror caps.

    Quote Originally Posted by DOWORKB7 View Post
    Wow very nice!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you!

  6. #6
    Senior Member Three Rings S4_Pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 17 2012
    AZ Member #
    100624
    Location
    Union

    Those wheels look very good!


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Four Rings CreoSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 22 2004
    AZ Member #
    772
    My Garage
    2016 Acura RDX
    Location
    West L.A.

    Any issues with the KW HAS springs and adaptive cruise control (Driver Assistance Package)?
    Last edited by CreoSTi; 11-10-2017 at 10:36 AM.
    -Mike- : 2001 S4 → 2011 S4 → 2014 S6 → 2018 S4
    LendUS, LLC

  8. #8
    Established Member Two Rings JohnPhotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    407088
    Location
    SoCal

    Quote Originally Posted by S4_Pedro View Post
    Those wheels look very good!


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by CreoSTi View Post
    Any issues with the KW HAS springs and adaptive cruise control (Driver Assistance Package)?
    None whatsoever. I actually sat in traffic on the way home and used Traffic Jam/Lane Asst without any issues.

  9. #9
    Veteran Member Four Rings CreoSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 22 2004
    AZ Member #
    772
    My Garage
    2016 Acura RDX
    Location
    West L.A.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnPhotography View Post
    None whatsoever. I actually sat in traffic on the way home and used Traffic Jam/Lane Asst without any issues.
    Good to know.

    Have you had an alignment completed yet? I didn't have any issues with ACC on my lowered 2014 S6, but since it was on air suspension, I never had it aligned after I installed the H&R lowering module. I just want to make sure there won't be any issues if I go with a Prestige model + Driver Assistance Package.
    -Mike- : 2001 S4 → 2011 S4 → 2014 S6 → 2018 S4
    LendUS, LLC

  10. #10
    Established Member Two Rings JohnPhotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    407088
    Location
    SoCal

    Quote Originally Posted by CreoSTi View Post
    Good to know.

    Have you had an alignment completed yet? I didn't have any issues with ACC on my lowered 2014 S6, but since it was on air suspension, I never had it aligned after I installed the H&R lowering module. I just want to make sure there won't be any issues if I go with a Prestige model + Driver Assistance Package.
    Not yet. I want to get at least 400-500 miles in before i get an alignment & corner balancing. Want to make sure the KW's settle in.

  11. #11
    Established Member Two Rings Mp0wer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 21 2014
    AZ Member #
    304667
    Location
    Boston

    Do you have any pictures of the wheels on the car?
    2018 //S4 | Glacier White | Magma Red | 18" Double 5-Star Spoke

    2015 //S4 | Premium Plus | Ibis White | 6MT | Sport Diff | B&O | Tech Package | 19" Potato Peelers

    1995 ///M3 | Alpine White | H&R Coilovers | 18" AC Schnitzer | Vader Seats | Engine Mods

  12. #12
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Oct 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    408114
    Location
    South of Beantown

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnPhotography View Post
    He mounted the tires. But Andrew did most of the work.

    And yes, love the liquid metal against the white....especially with the silver mirror caps.

    Thank you!
    No pics? Unacceptable!! ;)

  13. #13
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    64971
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5
    Location
    Boone, NC

    For real!? PICS yo 😁
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more


  14. #14
    Established Member Two Rings JohnPhotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    407088
    Location
    SoCal

    Quote Originally Posted by Mops@SupremePower View Post
    Nice!! Eric doing the installs?

    Liquid metal looks really cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by S4_Pedro View Post
    Those wheels look very good!


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Quote Originally Posted by CreoSTi View Post
    Any issues with the KW HAS springs and adaptive cruise control (Driver Assistance Package)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp0wer View Post
    Do you have any pictures of the wheels on the car?
    Quote Originally Posted by disintegrator66 View Post
    No pics? Unacceptable!! ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mops@SupremePower View Post
    For real!? PICS yo 😁
    Sorry fellas! Been enjoying the car and haven't even had a chance to take proper photos.

    And by the time Supreme was done with everything, it was dark out. Plus, I wanted to get in and enjoy.lol

    Here's one before it got a wax & wash..



    Here's two quick vids before going on a test drive after everything was installed.

    This was when the back was too high...

    http://johnphotography.zenfolio.com/...028835-200.mp4


    This is they lowered the KW's in the rear all the way...

    http://johnphotography.zenfolio.com/...028834-200.mp4

  15. #15
    Established Member Two Rings Mp0wer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 21 2014
    AZ Member #
    304667
    Location
    Boston

    Wow!!! looks really nice..what is the width and offset on the HRE's?
    2018 //S4 | Glacier White | Magma Red | 18" Double 5-Star Spoke

    2015 //S4 | Premium Plus | Ibis White | 6MT | Sport Diff | B&O | Tech Package | 19" Potato Peelers

    1995 ///M3 | Alpine White | H&R Coilovers | 18" AC Schnitzer | Vader Seats | Engine Mods

  16. #16
    Established Member Two Rings JohnPhotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    407088
    Location
    SoCal

    Quote Originally Posted by Mp0wer View Post
    Wow!!! looks really nice..what is the width and offset on the HRE's?
    Thanks!

    20x9 ET25

  17. #17
    Established Member Two Rings Southern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 07 2013
    AZ Member #
    124527
    Location
    Atlanta, GA

    Your ride turned out great. Nicely done!!
    2018 | Daytona Gray | Premium Plus | Nav | B & O | Nappa leather | navigation package | sport package

  18. #18
    Established Member Two Rings JohnPhotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    407088
    Location
    SoCal

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Your ride turned out great. Nicely done!!
    Thanks.

    Still a work in progress. 😜

  19. #19
    Established Member Two Rings JohnPhotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    407088
    Location
    SoCal

    Stopped by Emmanuele Design today for some CF.

    Got a CF front splitter and spoiler. Loving the look & fitment.








  20. #20
    Veteran Member Four Rings vdubjetta02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 26 2007
    AZ Member #
    16755
    Location
    Colorado

    Love it...
    CURRENT:
    APR - B8 A4 Avant
    2008 - 4Runner

  21. #21
    Established Member Two Rings JohnPhotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    407088
    Location
    SoCal

    Got my window and diffuser trim wrapped. Huge difference!






  22. #22
    Senior Member Three Rings nicotino15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 24 2011
    AZ Member #
    78712
    Location
    dallas

    Don't know much about vinyl wrapping, can they front grill be wrapped or is it too intricate?

  23. #23
    Established Member Two Rings JohnPhotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    407088
    Location
    SoCal

    Quote Originally Posted by nicotino15 View Post
    Don't know much about vinyl wrapping, can they front grill be wrapped or is it too intricate?
    Yes they can. I haven't done it to mine, but I've seen it done many times.

  24. #24
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 01 2017
    AZ Member #
    410581
    Location
    Dallas

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnPhotography View Post
    Stopped by Emmanuele Design today for some CF.

    Got a CF front splitter and spoiler. Loving the look & fitment.







    Wow really liking the Emmanuele Design Splitter. I always liked his stuff when we had our S3. I didn't see it listed on the website. Do you have any details as far as price? You can PM me with the info.

    Also how is the install? I was always reluctant on the S3 as I didn't want to drill any holes in the stock bumper. How does this one secure on to the bumper?

    Do you have any more shots of the spoiler? Looks Great!

  25. #25
    Veteran Member Three Rings Cherub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 20 2010
    AZ Member #
    60497
    My Garage
    Golf & Q5
    Location
    FL-Global

    Very nice setup


    B9 Current
    B8.5s White/Blue & B7 Silver- Sold
    Tints, Suspension, Wheels & More..........

  26. #26
    Established Member Two Rings JohnPhotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    407088
    Location
    SoCal

    Quote Originally Posted by -LoneStar- View Post
    Wow really liking the Emmanuele Design Splitter. I always liked his stuff when we had our S3. I didn't see it listed on the website. Do you have any details as far as price? You can PM me with the info.

    Also how is the install? I was always reluctant on the S3 as I didn't want to drill any holes in the stock bumper. How does this one secure on to the bumper?

    Do you have any more shots of the spoiler? Looks Great!
    Thomas mentioned MSRP is $499.

    Install was screwed into the bottom of the bumper. He also mentioned you can use 3M tape to secure it.

    I do not have anymore pix of the spoiler, but i will take some over the wknd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
    Very nice setup
    Thank you!

  27. #27
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 01 2017
    AZ Member #
    410581
    Location
    Dallas

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnPhotography View Post
    Thomas mentioned MSRP is $499.

    Install was screwed into the bottom of the bumper. He also mentioned you can use 3M tape to secure it.

    I do not have anymore pix of the spoiler, but i will take some over the wknd.



    Thank you!
    Thanks for the info. I do like the idea of not screwing into the bumper and using double sided tape. I would be worried how secure it would be as well as if there might be a gap from the thickness of the tape. I may sit back and let someone else take the plunge and see how it turns out.

  28. #28
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings EmmanueleDesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    144715
    My Garage
    2000 Audi S4, 1995 Audi S6
    Location
    Anaheim, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by -LoneStar- View Post
    Thanks for the info. I do like the idea of not screwing into the bumper and using double sided tape. I would be worried how secure it would be as well as if there might be a gap from the thickness of the tape. I may sit back and let someone else take the plunge and see how it turns out.
    For something like a front splitter, where the air is forcing the part downward, unfortunately tape won't be sufficient over time.
    w emdauto.com
    e sales@emdauto.com
    f facebook.com/emdauto1
    ig @emdauto
    eMMOTION Suspension l Premium Suspension Components For Daily Driven Vehicles
    Development Car Build Threads: 2015 S3, 2015 GTI, 2017 A4, 2018 S4

  29. #29
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 29 2010
    AZ Member #
    65019
    Location
    Portland, Oregon

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmanueleDesign View Post
    For something like a front splitter, where the air is forcing the part downward, unfortunately tape won't be sufficient over time.
    when will the spoiler be available for purchase?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Previous: 2013 Audi S4 P+ & 2018 Audi S4

    Current:

    2016 BMW F80 M3 (YMB)

    My Instagram

  30. #30
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings EmmanueleDesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    144715
    My Garage
    2000 Audi S4, 1995 Audi S6
    Location
    Anaheim, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by mpower3o2 View Post
    when will the spoiler be available for purchase?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    We are still modifying the mold slightly, but they will go into production very soon.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    w emdauto.com
    e sales@emdauto.com
    f facebook.com/emdauto1
    ig @emdauto
    eMMOTION Suspension l Premium Suspension Components For Daily Driven Vehicles
    Development Car Build Threads: 2015 S3, 2015 GTI, 2017 A4, 2018 S4

  31. #31
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 29 2010
    AZ Member #
    65019
    Location
    Portland, Oregon

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmanueleDesign View Post
    We are still modifying the mold slightly, but they will go into production very soon.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Perfect! Please keep me in mind, would like to purchase when available.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Previous: 2013 Audi S4 P+ & 2018 Audi S4

    Current:

    2016 BMW F80 M3 (YMB)

    My Instagram



Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.