Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings sciblades's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Tire pressure monitor?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I was wondering if any one knows what it would take to retrofit the dynamic package TPMS to the normal TTRS, Mine has the temp and pressure but i have a friend that would like his to do the same thing, not sure if anyone has looked up what it would take to retrofit or knows the part numbers of the TPMS sensors that read the pressure and temp
    2016 RS7 Stinger VIP laser and radar, Unitronic Stage1+
    Gone
    2013 C7 S6- v1 and LI- Unitronic tuned]
    B8 S4
    06 a3 Full Votex Kit, Unitronic III, apr tbe, precision 750 FMIC, apr HPFP forge dvi, EVOMS cai, BSH gt3076r turbo kit, IE rods, sb stage IV, LSD, on meth

Veteran Member Four Rings VeryBadman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 BMW X1

For the start, what can the normal TPMS do? I assume itís an indirect system that detects low pressure from wheel spinning.

I think to retrofit direct TPMS, here are the things that needed:

1. TPMS Sensors in all 4 wheels
    2. TPMS Receivers in all 4 wheel wells
    3. Wiring the receivers to computer
    4. VAGCOM Coding

I think the most challenging part is #3.
    2018 Audi TTRS, Daytona Grey: Iroz/CC Stage 2 ECU & TCU, IE Intake, HFC Downpipe by Brink, Milltek HFC Midpipes, Iroz Intercooler and DSG Catch Can, Technology, Black Optic, Sport Exhaust, Blackout Badges, Pedalbox, H&R Springs and Spacers, Direct TPMS
    Other: 2017 BMW X1
    Throwbacks: 2014 Audi RS7, 2013 Audi S6, 2011 Audi S4, 2008 Audi A4

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The UK forum has a thread on this, but as far as I know, nobody ever figured out the coding. I'd love to have this option as well. I think they had the wiring shown in that thread.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ormandj View Post
    The UK forum has a thread on this, but as far as I know, nobody ever figured out the coding. I'd love to have this option as well. I think they had the wiring shown in that thread.
    Subject to search for is "Retrofit active TPMS"

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 BMW X1

Quote Originally Posted by ormandj View Post
    Subject to search for is "Retrofit active TPMS"
    I went to check that thread and found that I might be better off with this:

Orange Wireless Tire Pressure Monitoring System, BAR/PSI/KPA 4 Internal Sensors TPMS, Real-time Transmitter Diagnostic Alarm Function, Temperature Gauge, Cigarette Lighter LED Display for Car DIY P409S
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0111PVHR2..._MML9zbP8NWFSV
    2018 Audi TTRS, Daytona Grey: Iroz/CC Stage 2 ECU & TCU, IE Intake, HFC Downpipe by Brink, Milltek HFC Midpipes, Iroz Intercooler and DSG Catch Can, Technology, Black Optic, Sport Exhaust, Blackout Badges, Pedalbox, H&R Springs and Spacers, Direct TPMS

AZ Member #

I would definitely want the integrated system myself, I'm not a huge fan of adding additional displays and controls if not needed. Hope someone eventually figures it out!

Established Member Two Rings Dr Bill's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'd like to find out as well. It's the only feature of the dynamic package I really wanted, but not worth $6k!
    2016 Boxster GTS
    2018 GT3

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by sciblades View Post
    I was wondering if any one knows what it would take to retrofit the dynamic package TPMS to the normal TTRS, Mine has the temp and pressure but i have a friend that would like his to do the same thing, not sure if anyone has looked up what it would take to retrofit or knows the part numbers of the TPMS sensors that read the pressure and temp
    Where do you see the temp and pressure? I could not find it in the menu. Thanks in advance.
    2018 Audi TT RS Catalunya Red Metallic

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by twin_turbo View Post
    Where do you see the temp and pressure? I could not find it in the menu. Thanks in advance.
    It's only available if you have the dynamic package on a TT RS in the states. That's why a lot of us would like to be able to retrofit it.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by twin_turbo View Post

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Gone
    B8 S4
    06 a3 Full Votex Kit, Unitronic III, apr tbe, precision 750 FMIC, apr HPFP forge dvi, EVOMS cai, BSH gt3076r turbo kit, IE rods, sb stage IV, LSD, on meth

AZ Member #

5q0907275b is the tpms part # and the module is 8s0 907 273

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Gone
    B8 S4

Senior Member Two Rings Rapture's Avatar
    AZ Member #

So it appears the parts for this seem to be around $500. Someone has got to be able to figure out how to retrofit this. Of course the coding will be the trick I suppose, but as long as that module can be plugged in easily to cars that don't currently have the option this should be able to work. You would think this would be fairly plug n play, but who knows until someone actually makes it work. I wish Audi would have made this easier for us.
    Rapture

2018 Audi TT RS (Gray/Black, Palomino)
    2014 Porsche C4S GT Silver (Sold)
    2011 BMW 1M Coupe AW (Sold)
    2007 Audi RS4 Lava Grey Pearl (Sold)
    2004 VW R32 Silver (Sold)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 VW Atlas

So on a similar topic, what brand tire pressure gauge is best? All 3 that I have at home read about 4psi differently.

Veteran Member Three Rings Huey52's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yeah, me too. But the real key is consistency. Use only one gauge and remember to reset the MMI after filling. The gauge on my ol' Craftsman inflator is my consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by bajan01 View Post
    So on a similar topic, what brand tire pressure gauge is best? All 3 that I have at home read about 4psi differently.
    2016 TTS Sepang blue/rotor gray Tech B&O
    Prior: 2013 allroad; 2011 A5

AZ Member #

I use one of these: http://www.longacreracing.com/produc...auge-0-100-psi

Established Member Two Rings Cyttorak's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Until somebody can figure out how to retrofit the TPMS I went the FOBO route. After a lot of reading. Seemed like most of the complaints came from people who tried to install without reading or most importantly watching the install video and installed the product wrong.

After watching the install video took about 5 minutes to install with the locking nuts. Worked right off no issues. Iíll post if any issues arise. Image1528509927.954757.jpgIMG_0576.jpgImage1528509948.978640.jpgIMG_0578.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings McTTRS's Avatar
    AZ Member #

"Best" is probably not what you want as I have seen some in the many 100's of dollars. For my money Longacre Racing is the best value.
    2018 TT RS Coupe 2.5T quattro S Tronic
    Nardo Gray, Black / Red contrast diamond stitching, Sport exhaust system, Carbon Fiber Inlays,
    Black optic package, Red brake calipers, Design selection interior, Technology package

Established Member Two Rings McTTRS's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    So it appears the parts for this seem to be around $500. Someone has got to be able to figure out how to retrofit this. Of course the coding will be the trick I suppose, but as long as that module can be plugged in easily to cars that don't currently have the option this should be able to work. You would think this would be fairly plug n play, but who knows until someone actually makes it work. I wish Audi would have made this easier for us.
    Do you include in your estimate of cost the 4 in wheel sensors/transmitters? I checked with the dealer about the cost of 4 sensors for my second set of wheels and I seem to recall something like $1k.
    2018 TT RS Coupe 2.5T quattro S Tronic
    Nardo Gray, Black / Red contrast diamond stitching, Sport exhaust system, Carbon Fiber Inlays,
    Black optic package, Red brake calipers, Design selection interior, Technology package

AZ Member #

You can get the same tpms on Ebay for way cheaper that's what I run on my other sets of wheels

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Gone
    B8 S4

AZ Member #

I had the OEM sensors installed in my HRE wheels in the hope of retrofitting this in the future.

Rapture
    Rapture

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Accu-Gage is $20 and they are quite reliable and accurate. https://www.amazon.com/Accu-Gage-Pro...words=accugage

I have one that I used constantly as a mechanic for about 5 years, 20 some years ago. It's old and been through the ringer and still damn close to a brand new one I purchased about 2 years ago. The difference is they actually calibrate them. Anything that slides is utterly useless, it must be dial. Accugage is bourdon tube, which is common design. The think that ruins a tire gauge is care, abuse and drop is what will ruin the accuracy. It is still a measurement instrument.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 BMW X1

I have retrofitted the direct TPMS system to my car. Please check out this thread.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...allation-Guide

Here are couple pictures to demonstrate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Three Rings Huey52's Avatar
    AZ Member #

And a superbly researched and annotated DIY it is !!!

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBadman View Post
    I have retrofitted the direct TPMS system to my car. Please check out this thread.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...allation-Guide

Here are couple pictures to demonstrate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 TTS Sepang blue/rotor gray Tech B&O
    Prior: 2013 allroad; 2011 A5

AZ Member #

Group buy!!
    Rapture