Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran Member Four Rings s vier's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5
    Items for Sale

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    why not delete the rear seats also? That should be a good 150 lbs approx maybe more. Plus the exhaust sounded is amplified 50% with the rear seats dropped.
    I’ve got a spare set of red piped RS5 rear seats sitting and they don’t weigh too much. The bottom cushion is really light and the 60/40 split seems like it weighs about 45 lbs. I pulled out my cushion and it looks like dooky without it.
    2015 Suzuka RS5 Black Optics+Carbon Ceramics-Euro Recaro Bucket -Akrapovic -AWE DPs-Ecodes-Euro fold CF Neidfaktor mirrors-3M+Suntech(whole car)-CR15-Red START button-034 diff carrier inserts-BBS CH-R 10.5x20 et25

IG: GERMANBrew

Veteran Member Four Rings JamesRS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
    James has carbon rear brakes, can't remember what he said they weighed vs. the OEM rear brakes.
    Almost half! OE are 17lbs the ceramics weight in at 9lbs so that’s a 16lbs saving total but more importantly 16lbs of unsprung weight.
    I accept a Stage II tuned S5 is quicker than an RS5
    Doug convinced me
    He's also the reason I don't come here much

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by s vier View Post
    Here’s my list from my research:

I’ve lost 125lbs so far.

-20lbs Akropovic Titanium Catback
    -6lbs AWE Non Resonated DPs
    -21.2lbs rotational CH-R Wheels (29.2 vs 34.5stock)
    -56lbs Euro RS5 Buckets (40lbs vs 68lb)
    -22lbs Rotational Front CCB
    There are plenty of wheel options that don't cost a ton of money. A 20x10 BC Forged mono (~$3,500) would get you down another 32 pounds easy. I'll be selling my 20x10.5 bronze TE before too long. They weight 24.5 pounds. That would look nuts!
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Established Member Three Rings Ape Factory's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5/Infiniti QX70S stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRS5 View Post
    Almost half! OE are 17lbs the ceramics weight in at 9lbs so that’s a 16lbs saving total but more importantly 16lbs of unsprung weight.
    I figured the caliper and hardware probably added some weight back into the equation but I didn't realize the disks were almost half the weight.
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red, 20x10 Klassen ID M10/AWE Tuning Touring Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN Upper Control Arms/CR-15 reinforcement bar/ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines/Apikol Rear Diff Bushing/ECS rear diff inserts/ECS front end links/034 Motorsports subframe inserts/034 Rear End Links/Tranny insert/E-code head & tail lights/Black Lip Spoiler, Red Trim Start Button, black emblems/VCDS.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mops@Nemesis View Post
    There are plenty of wheel options that don't cost a ton of money. A 20x10 BC Forged mono (~$3,500) would get you down another 32 pounds easy. I'll be selling my 20x10.5 bronze TE before too long. They weight 24.5 pounds. That would look nuts!
    I thought the TE's would actually be lighter than that. Still, pretty damn good for a 20x10.5" wheel. I thought I read about a 20x10 that was around 19 or 20 pounds but it may be "track spec" with extra machining. Armco's tend to be rougher on wheels than potholes, you could probably get away with them on the street.
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red, 20x10 Klassen ID M10/AWE Tuning Touring Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN Upper Control Arms/CR-15 reinforcement bar/ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines/Apikol Rear Diff Bushing/ECS rear diff inserts/ECS front end links/034 Motorsports subframe inserts/034 Rear End Links/Tranny insert/E-code head & tail lights/Black Lip Spoiler, Red Trim Start Button, black emblems/VCDS.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

I thought the TE's would actually be lighter than that. Still, pretty damn good for a 20x10.5" wheel. I thought I read about a 20x10 that was around 19 or 20 pounds but it may be "track spec" with extra machining. Armco's tend to be rougher on wheels than potholes, you could probably get away with them on the street.
    The TE Ultra, and TE in general aren't super light. But they're very strong. And yep, there is a Track Edition that cuts out around 1 pound. I really miss the G2. Those are extremely light. Check out the TE037 Dura sometime. Those are nuts.
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

AZ Member #
    My Garage

What say ye? Yea or nay?

Last edited by Ape Factory; 04-28-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Veteran Member Four Rings s vier's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5
    Items for Sale

Nay
    2015 Suzuka RS5 Black Optics+Carbon Ceramics-Euro Recaro Bucket -Akrapovic -AWE DPs-Ecodes-Euro fold CF Neidfaktor mirrors-3M+Suntech(whole car)-CR15-Red START button-034 diff carrier inserts-BBS CH-R 10.5x20 et25

IG: GERMANBrew

Established Member Four Rings wkhanna's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    needs cleaned

it certainly looks good!
    the red flex connectors seem to color match well, too, at least in the photo.....

any butt-dyno impressions?

i have also heard of debris, like leaves & such, clogging the filters if no screen material is used on the duct openings....

didnt you get billet oil & windshield washer caps, too....?

you get the alu.kruz lower brace yet?
    there is one in the classified section for a good $ & it prolly wont last long..... ; )
    Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

2011 A5 2.0T Old Man Project
    2011 A4 quattro 2.0t (The Wife's)
    1983 Porsche 944 (Modified)
    1985 BWM K100RS (since new - Heavily Modified)
    1971 Moto Guzzi Elderodo

AZ Member #
    My Garage

No lower brace just yet...I'm actually pretty happy with the handling now (other than the tires). Stickier rubber may sway me towards the Alu Kruez. Didn't get anything billet for the engine bay and probably won't. I'm weird like that.

The red silicone is close and matches well enough, more so to the Misano Red than to the valve covers which are a bit darker. There's a second reason why I wanted different connectors. The silicon connectors that come with the kit are 40mm in length. I added about 1/3 to that length and it allows me to get a better seal between the front of the filter housing and the carbon scoop. But I can just as easily do black. Or green. Originally, they were going to go between the intake tubes and throttle body.

Butt dyno was positive actually. I was surprised. Surprised enough that I felt like I had to apologize to James for doubting his dyno results :) I'll just have to buy the first round if we ever meet. Hope you're a Fuller's ESB kinda guy James. With that said, I still have plans to do some dyno testing but between the Austin bombings and the Final Four next weekend, I've been slammed to say the least. Plus I took two days off this week to move 5,000 pounds of rock and now I can't move.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5 Cab / 2015 Q7

Plus I took two days off this week to move 5,000 pounds of rock and now I can't move.
    Next time, may I humbly suggest renting a small Sub-Compact tractor w/a loader or (as in my case) if projects & property size make sense, look into buying one. My little BX Kubota is the best “outdoor” $ I’ve ever spent. I couldn’t own/maintain the house & property I’ve got w/o it.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately I have a "difficult" property that's multi-level and to get a tractor back to where I need it would require removing part of the fence and tearing up the front lawn as well as the lawn around the house. I'm essentially lining a creek bed with plastic and fabric, then rocks. My homebuilder really d*cked me over and didn't put in the rock they said they would. So I had to first dig up a bunch of large grapefruit-sized rock, move it, lay the plastic/fabric, then move the rock back. Have another 10 cubic yards to move into place. On the plus side, it's all less expensive than a year membership at Gold's. Who needs weights when you can pound rock?
    Last edited by Ape Factory; 03-25-2018 at 05:41 PM.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5 Cab / 2015 Q7

I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately I have a "difficult" property that's multi-level and to get a tractor back to where I need it would require removing part of the fence and tearing up the front lawn as well as the lawn around the house. I'm essentially lining a creek bed with plastic and fabric, then rocks. My homebuilder really d*cked me over and didn't put in the rock they said they would. So I had to first dig up a bunch of large grapefruit-sized rock, move it, lay the plastic/fabric, then move the rock back. Have another 10 cubic yards to move into place. On the plus side, it's all less expensive than a year membership at Gold's. Who needs weights when you can pound rock?
    If by multilevel U mean “ tiers/stepped” landscapes I understand. My only other suggestion is a “Dingo” which is a walk behind skid steer, runs on tracks not wheels/tires, less impact on the lawn, better grip/traction on steeper grades. Outside of that, U have a modified outdoor fitness membership. My grandfather used to call that working with “Armstrong “.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Did a little video showing how to install the CR-15. I know it's super simple but what the heck, I had the footage. Working on the spark plug installation video next while I wait for the Spurs to loose tonight.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Spark plug change video

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Oil changes just got a whole lot easier. ECS Tuning, 25% off, couldn't pass it up. Ordered some extra pucks for the pinch welds and jacking the car up when needed.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Despite the fact they had plenty of tread left, I jettisoned the Sumitomo HTRZ III tires today. I went with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires after I had a transformational experience with the Super Sports on another car. I would categorize the Sumitomo tires as very "Bridgeutone-Esque" with a very firm sidewall, good mid-corner stability and ok braking. They really reminded me of the RE050A's.

I went up in size, from a 275/30/20 to the 285/30/20. The Sport 4s is slightly more square than the Pilot Super Sports in the same size and I'm much happier with how the wheel wells are filled out by the 4s. I'm not a fan of the stretched look and the Sumitomos looked very stretched. I now have a modicum of rim edge protection.

Not much to report on the driving front other than the increased bump compliance. I noticed it immediately over sharp bumps even at low speeds. They seem to roll more smoothly and make less noise. I could actually hear my exhaust more at lower revs/speed than I could previously. It was a notable difference.

It'll take me a few weeks to really discern the handling differences and if I'll need to make any changes. I'm expecting much better braking and more front end bite on aggressive turn-in than with the Sumitomos.

Pics of the Michelins;

The Sumitomos. Notice the edge of the rim really sticks out past the sidewall.

Established Member Four Rings wkhanna's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    needs cleaned

agreed..... much better fit/look, imho....

i recently went with the AS 3+ in 285/30x20....

...so far, V happy....
    Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

2011 A5 2.0T Old Man Project
    2011 A4 quattro 2.0t (The Wife's)
    1983 Porsche 944 (Modified)
    1985 BWM K100RS (since new - Heavily Modified)
    1971 Moto Guzzi Elderodo

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I test drove an RS5 with the AS3+ and I was actually impressed with that tire. Turn in was exceptional. I considered getting those in place of the 4s mostly due to the occasional cold snaps we have here. But yeah, they just have a meatier look to them. The 275's seemed to make the wheels look smaller than they were.

Veteran Member Four Rings JamesRS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You may have to remove the little plastic arch liner clip with those square profile tires fitted, my front tires would constantly catch them on a bump with the wheel turned slightly. It’s only an annoyance, the clip will wear away and the tire doesn’t seem to pick up any damage, just need the front end lifting on a jack to get under the arch lip and get a torx bit in there. The arch liner is still secure without the clip.
    I accept a Stage II tuned S5 is quicker than an RS5
    Doug convinced me
    He's also the reason I don't come here much

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I'll watch out for that. I didn't notice any abnormal noises today but I didn't drive a whole lot nor make any three point turns. Tires still visually tuck under the fender. I wouldn't want it any closer though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123