Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: RSNAV

Active Member Two Rings Nemesis tl-s's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by wuplur View Post
    Just to let you know, I purchased my CarPlay/AA module off AliExpress but I’m assuming they are the same as the new update worked on my module also.

There should be a white connector and 4 of the wires next to each other should be green then orange then green then orange. I spliced these wires together and that took care of the open circuit microphone issue I was getting. Pretty sure the microphone wires go into the box as green and come out as orange so you just splice each together. You can try and just have it all apart and put a jumper wire/staple/paper clip in the back of the connector making contact with the terminals while on a test call before you start cutting wires to see if it improves it. Unless you have vagcom then you can monitor the microphone amperage because mine was reading 0 when the box was on and then when I jumped it or turned the box off it read 4.4mA
    Thanks, I'll give this a try. I want to make sure I do it correctly because I don't want to risk shorting out the unit.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
    2012 A6 Prestige, Innovation Package, Adaptive Cruise, HUD, Night Vision, Cold Weather Package, Phantom Black/Nougat Brown

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jflow23 View Post
    Can someone tell me what SW shows on the bottom of generation 4 stand alone CarPlay with the latest update? I've tried to flash numerous times and it won't update...I never had trouble updating the generation 2 unit, my theory is that I already have latest update...but trying to confirm.
    I may be having the same issue because there is no version number at the bottom of my screen either. However, I did find this information in the setup. See pic below.
    Attached Images
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
    2012 A6 Prestige, Innovation Package, Adaptive Cruise, HUD, Night Vision, Cold Weather Package, Phantom Black/Nougat Brown

Veteran Member Three Rings Jflow23's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 S4 2009 Q7

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis tl-s View Post
    I may be having the same issue because there is no version number at the bottom of my screen either. However, I did find this information in the setup. See pic below.
    I have the standalone version...my screen says 5.2.5...which jives with the readme text in the firmware. Probably should have read that first.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    ‘15 S5 Convertible

4th generation, version 5.3.5

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 S4 2009 Q7

Quote Originally Posted by dcchristopher View Post
    4th generation, version 5.3.5
    Thanks, looks like I need an update. Back to the drawing board...

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    ‘15 S5 Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Jflow23 View Post
    Thanks, looks like I need an update. Back to the drawing board...
    Check out the RSNav download page... The update I applied just landed in the last couple of months (3/18, according to the website). Meanwhile, the enclosed Read me.txt file shows version 5.2.5. Let's hope they just failed to update the instructions.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 S4 2009 Q7

Check out the RSNav download page... The update I applied just landed in the last couple of months (3/18, according to the website). Meanwhile, the enclosed Read me.txt file shows version 5.2.5. Let's hope they just failed to update the instructions.
    Tried all kinds of stuff..no luck. After looking at both sets of release notes, it looks like only small screen devices are on 5.3.5. I hope Daniel can chime in when he returns from his trip...

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Hey! New to the scene, both Audi and Audizine and looking for some advice. I've just recently picked up a 2014 Audi RS6 and I'm loving it!! My only disappointment was a lack of Android Auto. I realise the car is a little older and it wasn't something i didn't realise but it's been bugging me a little since coming from a Merc that did have it. After a bit of googling, I came across RSNav and I'm really hoping its the thing I'm looking for, it does however seem a little bit mixed as to peoples experience with it.

I have a Google Pixel 3 XL and my wife has a Samsung S9. It's not a problem if I have to go hardwired but am just wondering if someone can confirm how good it really is. I'm happy with a few minor issues but ideally would like it to be fairly stable.

Can anyone give me any feedback as to how they have found it, specifically using Android Auto rather than apple car play?

Thanks V much!

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    ‘15 S5 Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by radeonorama View Post
    Hey! New to the scene, both Audi and Audizine and looking for some advice. I've just recently picked up a 2014 Audi RS6 and I'm loving it!! My only disappointment was a lack of Android Auto. I realise the car is a little older and it wasn't something i didn't realise but it's been bugging me a little since coming from a Merc that did have it. After a bit of googling, I came across RSNav and I'm really hoping its the thing I'm looking for, it does however seem a little bit mixed as to peoples experience with it.

I have a Google Pixel 3 XL and my wife has a Samsung S9. It's not a problem if I have to go hardwired but am just wondering if someone can confirm how good it really is. I'm happy with a few minor issues but ideally would like it to be fairly stable.

Can anyone give me any feedback as to how they have found it, specifically using Android Auto rather than apple car play?

Thanks V much!
    Congrats on the purchase! I'd say the 4th generation wired is a no-brainer at this point. I use it for Android Auto but have used it for CarPlay as well (where at the time it worked even better). I don't have any experience with the wireless model but I hear it's at least as good. Having a beefy phone (and a Pixel at that) will help with the performance you see in the RSNAV as your phone does all the work. We have come to expect quite a bit of performance from our devices and any shortcomings in the RSNav (occasional jitter in sound or maps) are quickly dismissed when one looks at the stock MMI equivalents. I can't even remember the last time I felt frustrated with it (a recent random freeze was readily solved by disconnecting and reconnecting). I can however remember that connecting my phone to the car and switching to RSNAV is the first thing I do on any drive that will take more than ten minutes. Spotify + Waze + Google Assistant-guided bidirectional text messaging = bliss.

To sum it up, for the price, no-brainer.

AZ Member #

Congrats on the purchase! I'd say the 4th generation wired is a no-brainer at this point. I use it for Android Auto but have used it for CarPlay as well (where at the time it worked even better). I don't have any experience with the wireless model but I hear it's at least as good. Having a beefy phone (and a Pixel at that) will help with the performance you see in the RSNAV as your phone does all the work. We have come to expect quite a bit of performance from our devices and any shortcomings in the RSNav (occasional jitter in sound or maps) are quickly dismissed when one looks at the stock MMI equivalents. I can't even remember the last time I felt frustrated with it (a recent random freeze was readily solved by disconnecting and reconnecting). I can however remember that connecting my phone to the car and switching to RSNAV is the first thing I do on any drive that will take more than ten minutes. Spotify + Waze + Google Assistant-guided bidirectional text messaging = bliss.

To sum it up, for the price, no-brainer.
    Awesome, thanks V.much for the reply! Can I ask how I determine I'm getting the 4th Gen wired? Is it just this one?:

https://rsnav.com/collections/standa...-interface-kit

I can totally suffer the odd jitter as like you say, the stoke MMI is a little naff looking.

Thanks again!

AZ Member #

Thanks V much!
    I have a 2012 A6 and installed RSNAV a few weeks ago and I love it. Works with the MMI buttons and screen. I can't imagine being without it now that I have experienced how good it is. Nothing is perfect but for me it's so close that it doesn't matter. I would pull the trigger on it today.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    ‘15 S5 Convertible

Awesome, thanks V.much for the reply! Can I ask how I determine I'm getting the 4th Gen wired? Is it just this one?:

https://rsnav.com/collections/standa...-interface-kit

I can totally suffer the odd jitter as like you say, the stoke MMI is a little naff looking.

Thanks again!
    I think the only such model available right now is the wireless one (the one you linked to) but I believe it also supports wired so the install and experience are the same. Only some Google phones are supported in wireless AA mode so you're covered but the Mrs is not.

I don't know if you've noticed but these are piggyback models (they sit between the existing MMI and screen). There are also complete retrofit units where you replace the MMI screen and they come with their own motherboard. This thread has bounced between the two types of units, also wired vs wireless, multiple generations, etc. I have the hardest time following which device we're talking about so, my apologies if I misunderstood.

Senior Member Two Rings AFAndrew's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Does the wireless model come with improved audio over the standalone model?

AZ Member #

I think the only such model available right now is the wireless one (the one you linked to) but I believe it also supports wired so the install and experience are the same. Only some Google phones are supported in wireless AA mode so you're covered but the Mrs is not.

I don't know if you've noticed but these are piggyback models (they sit between the existing MMI and screen). There are also complete retrofit units where you replace the MMI screen and they come with their own motherboard. This thread has bounced between the two types of units, also wired vs wireless, multiple generations, etc. I have the hardest time following which device we're talking about so, my apologies if I misunderstood.

Ok, I think I'll get it ordered then! And yeah, I'm after the piggyback model, essentially a proxy which like you say, puts itself between the existing system. I'm not up for a complete retrofit as I think it may cause issues down the line, especially as I'm in warranty in mine so I want it to be almost hidden in case of a need to utilise the warranty.

I take it you have a "piggyback" version and not a full replacement system?

Thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis tl-s View Post
    I have a 2012 A6 and installed RSNAV a few weeks ago and I love it. Works with the MMI buttons and screen. I can't imagine being without it now that I have experienced how good it is. Nothing is perfect but for me it's so close that it doesn't matter. I would pull the trigger on it today.
    Thanks man! Really appreciate it! Do you typically run android auto too?

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    ‘15 S5 Convertible

I take it you have a "piggyback" version and not a full replacement system?
    That is correct! ... for very similar reasons. I have the 4th Gen wired model. It was discontinued due to the random issues that plagued only some of the users. I can't speak to how that has changed in the wireless model but just as with any electronic product out there, the safe bet is on the newer version. I have no complaints on mine anymore and I'm still itching to buy the wireless one!

I think you'll enjoy it. If not, let me know and I'll buy it from you! ;-)

AZ Member #

That is correct! ... for very similar reasons. I have the 4th Gen wired model. It was discontinued due to the random issues that plagued only some of the users. I can't speak to how that has changed in the wireless model but just as with any electronic product out there, the safe bet is on the newer version. I have no complaints on mine anymore and I'm still itching to buy the wireless one!

I think you'll enjoy it. If not, let me know and I'll buy it from you! ;-)
    Awesome, thanks yet again for replying! It makes it so much better to be able to speak to someone who has "been there and done that". I've just pulled the trigger and placed the order. Already got the vcds hooked up and enabled the aux input (along with a few american features that I really don't understand why they aren't on the UK versions!!)

Already pacing the floor waiting for it to arrive!! hahaha. Any recommendations on the keys to pull the dash out or does it come with them?

Oh and I'll hold you to buying it from me!!! hahaha

Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have a gen2 unit in my allroad and a gen4 with wireless (gen4.5? gen5?) in my Q7. The newer box is much, much faster and reliable. I haven't had any crashes or random reboots with it like I have with the gen2.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    ‘15 S5 Convertible

Awesome, thanks yet again for replying! It makes it so much better to be able to speak to someone who has "been there and done that". I've just pulled the trigger and placed the order. Already got the vcds hooked up and enabled the aux input (along with a few american features that I really don't understand why they aren't on the UK versions!!)

Already pacing the floor waiting for it to arrive!! hahaha. Any recommendations on the keys to pull the dash out or does it come with them?

Oh and I'll hold you to buying it from me!!! hahaha
    I bought the xtenzi XT914012 radio removal keys back in 2014 (different S5). They'll do the trick but I do see that the Atlin ones have better reviews. Whichever you get, just straighten the metal before inserting (they're very pliable). Then get a knack for removing them while the unit is easy to maneuver (that is, don't wait until you're ready to put it all back together to try to remove them because you may need to go back a bit in order to go forward). They can occasionally get stuck. Just be patient.

I doubt you'll want to return it but in case that happens and it's not because of a mechanical defect, I'll take it off your hands for $300, with free shipping! #PrimeLiving

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dropshadow View Post
    I have a gen2 unit in my allroad and a gen4 with wireless (gen4.5? gen5?) in my Q7. The newer box is much, much faster and reliable. I haven't had any crashes or random reboots with it like I have with the gen2.
    Nice!! Thanks for the reply. Are you running Android auto or apple car play?

I bought the xtenzi XT914012 radio removal keys back in 2014 (different S5). They'll do the trick but I do see that the Atlin ones have better reviews. Whichever you get, just straighten the metal before inserting (they're very pliable). Then get a knack for removing them while the unit is easy to maneuver (that is, don't wait until you're ready to put it all back together to try to remove them because you may need to go back a bit in order to go forward). They can occasionally get stuck. Just be patient.

I doubt you'll want to return it but in case that happens and it's not because of a mechanical defect, I'll take it off your hands for $300, with free shipping! #PrimeLiving
    Do you only need to keys for the first bottom section? I've just managed to get my skinny fingers underneath it on the LHS and pull it out without a single key!

AZ Member #

Nice!! Thanks for the reply. Are you running Android auto or apple car play?
    CarPlay with a XS Max.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    ‘15 S5 Convertible

Do you only need to keys for the first bottom section? I've just managed to get my skinny fingers underneath it on the LHS and pull it out without a single key!
    Truth be told, if you can finagle the climate controls out (by getting your fingertips under the skirt), you should be able to just pull the MMI out from its underside. Bravo for getting it done!

AZ Member #

Truth be told, if you can finagle the climate controls out (by getting your fingertips under the skirt), you should be able to just pull the MMI out from its underside. Bravo for getting it done!
    Thanks! Getting quite excited now! Delivery apparently on Tuesday! Will be fitted immediately!!

Senior Member Two Rings AFAndrew's Avatar
    AZ Member #

If anyone with the 10.25 could tell me if they have any audio issues? I am looking at getting one and want to make sure it will perform music well:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Three Rings skifreak85353's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I’ve been trying to make heads and tails of this thread for a while, but can’t for the life of me.

Could someone please kindly drop a URL to the RSNAV unit for a B8.5 allroad for wireless CarPlay?
    2014 Audi Allroad Prem+ Moonlight Blue | 19" S5 Rotors w/ 10mm H+R spacers | 19" S4 Peelers plasti-dipped anthracite w 25mm and 30mm H+R spacers | Stasis RSB | Alu Kreuz | Avant S-Line springs | 20% tint | Vag Com mods
    2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R-Design
    2013 Subaru WRX Limited (Satin White Pearl) - Gone but not forgotten
    The Instagram the_radifier

Veteran Member Four Rings Acejam's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by skifreak85353 View Post
    I’ve been trying to make heads and tails of this thread for a while, but can’t for the life of me.

Could someone please kindly drop a URL to the RSNAV unit for a B8.5 allroad for wireless CarPlay?
    I’m in the same position - very confusing. If you want to use the factory MMI screen with CarPlay, I think we want this: https://rsnav.com/products/3g-mmi-3g...-interface-kit

I plan on ordering it later tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Brilliant Black S4
    DSG / Prestige / Black Optics / Sport Diff / B&O / Carbon Atlas Inlays / Magma Leather
    Modifications: APR Stage 2 Dual Pulley + TCU, JHM 187mm Crank Pulley, APR Open Intake, APR CPS, AWE Touring Exhaust (90mm Silver), ECS 10mm/12.5mm Spacers, 034 Mount Inserts, Hawk HPS 5.0, Rotors w/ PSS (Summer), Peelers w/ LM-32's (Winter)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by skifreak85353 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Acejam View Post
    I’m in the same position - very confusing. If you want to use the factory MMI screen with CarPlay, I think we want this: https://rsnav.com/products/3g-mmi-3g...-interface-kit

I plan on ordering it later tonight.
    Correct. Use the drop down menu to select the 2013+ option.

Senior Member Three Rings skifreak85353's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Awesome thanks!!
    2014 Audi Allroad Prem+ Moonlight Blue | 19" S5 Rotors w/ 10mm H+R spacers | 19" S4 Peelers plasti-dipped anthracite w 25mm and 30mm H+R spacers | Stasis RSB | Alu Kreuz | Avant S-Line springs | 20% tint | Vag Com mods
    2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R-Design
    2013 Subaru WRX Limited (Satin White Pearl) - Gone but not forgotten
    The Instagram the_radifier

Veteran Member Four Rings a4android's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Here is another beta.
    Should fix the clock + support of trigger wire for manual car + bug fixes.
    Can someone test it?

it has to be done over forced update(Back button hold and then screen goes off and then press back button again and hold until update message appears)

Download
    Daniel Kim
    2010 A4 B8 - My first car ever!
    2012 A7 C7

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Can anyone tell me if this will work on a 2011 S4 with nav version starting with HNAV? Messaged in the other thread and no one responded. The description from https://rsnav.com/products/3g-mmi-3g...-interface-kit states 2013+ Audi A4, A5, S4, S5: B8, 8.5 platforms with 3G MMI High Plus. Yet the dropdown provides an option for 2010-2012 A4/S4 MMI 3G. Contradicting info.
    2011 Phantom Black Effect S4 6MT, Sport Differential, Advanced Key, Audi Side Assist, Navigation, B&O, Red/black Silk Nappa Leather, Carbon Fiber Atlas Trim, Flat-Bottom Steering wheel with red stitching, RS4 Aluminum pedals, 034 Transmission mount, Roc-Euro Intake, Roc-Euro Short Shifter, 90mm AWE Touring Exhaust with stock downpipes, Unitronic Stage 2+, JHM 179mm Overdrive Crank Pulley, MercRacing heat exchanger, Stasis rear sway bar, CR-15, Gloss Black RS4 Grille

Veteran Member Four Rings a4android's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by B8Addict View Post
    Can anyone tell me if this will work on a 2011 S4 with nav version starting with HNAV? Messaged in the other thread and no one responded. The description from https://rsnav.com/products/3g-mmi-3g...-interface-kit states 2013+ Audi A4, A5, S4, S5: B8, 8.5 platforms with 3G MMI High Plus. Yet the dropdown provides an option for 2010-2012 A4/S4 MMI 3G. Contradicting info.
    It works.
    I haven't update description properly.

나의 SM-G960W 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
    Daniel Kim
    2010 A4 B8 - My first car ever!
    2012 A7 C7

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324