Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Veteran Member Four Rings CELison's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
    What?

That is not at all what no-fault insurance means or is.
    It's like no fault homicide. If I kill someone or someone kills me, nobody's going to jail.
    B5 S4- K24s, built bottom end, E85
    B8 S4- GIAC Stage 2, E85/93

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by CELison View Post
    It's like no fault homicide. If I kill someone or someone kills me, nobody's going to jail.
    Does this only apply to S4's?

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

What?

He's correct in saying that michigan policies call the liablity portion no fault. As in their laws state a vehicle must carry no fault insurance vs say NJ where it would say you have to carry liability insurance. That could be some of the confusion.

But you are correct that isn't how it works. There absolutely can be a party deemed to be at fault and be liable for covering some of your losses whether that be property, medical above what you had coverage for or even lost wages , all the basic stuff. Not sure if you can get a my wife needs a million bucks since my dick doesn't work via that system though?
    80 rabbit pickup, 98 TJ 4bt cummins, 00 180TTQ 6spd, 02 Freelander, 03 Allroad 2.7t 6spd swap now with K04s, 06 A3 2.0T w/GT3071R (2012 JSW TDI and 2015 GSW TDI now in TDI purgatory )

Established Member Three Rings canduchita's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What?

Well then how do you say it works because I had full coverage on my car and somebody with no fault insurance hit me and all they did was give me $500 for my deductible they don't cover anything else, My insurance had to repair my car and they said if I would have no fault as well then I would just gotten $500 I had to do the repairs myself

Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by canduchita View Post
    Well then how do you say it works because I had full coverage on my car and somebody with no fault insurance hit me and all they did was give me $500 for my deductible they don't cover anything else, My insurance had to repair my car and they said if I would have no fault as well then I would just gotten $500 I had to do the repairs myself
    Well no you could have gotten up to $1000 if you had not had collision :).. since your deductible was 500 that was the max you could get since that is all you were actually out of pocket for.

But this is just for Michigan on Michigan accidents in Michigan..... so it kind of sort of makes Michigan the best place for a car with weird bumpers/cages/safety issues..

If you are out of state your insurance becomes like other states liability which covers damage you do someone else and you would in turn also be covered by their liability insurance. Also if someone from out of state is visiting and is hit by a michigan insured driver their "no-fault" would act just like their states liability.

Overall point being no-fault still has fault, and michigan insurance is stupid.
    80 rabbit pickup, 98 TJ 4bt cummins, 00 180TTQ 6spd, 02 Freelander, 03 Allroad 2.7t 6spd swap now with K04s, 06 A3 2.0T w/GT3071R (2012 JSW TDI and 2015 GSW TDI now in TDI purgatory )

Veteran Member Four Rings NOTORIOUS VR's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by canduchita View Post

No-fault insurance simply means that YOUR insurance covers YOU. Fault is still determined by the insurance companies. That said,ie. if it wasn't your fault, your insurance company after fixing/paying out will go after the at-fault party's insurance for reimbursement.

No-fault doesn't mean no one is at fault.
    E36 DYNO TUNING WIRING PARTS

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

No-fault insurance simply means that YOUR insurance covers YOU. Fault is still determined by the insurance companies. That said,ie. if it wasn't your fault, your insurance company after fixing/paying out will go after the at-fault party's insurance for reimbursement.

This is the best explanation yet.

Veteran Member Three Rings VR6Bomber's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You are correct sir.
    I also believe that in no fault states you cannot sue the other party directly, unless it is a catastrophic loss or sumthin'
    No fault is supposed to cut out or at least decrease litigation costs for claims.

Established Member Three Rings canduchita's Avatar
    AZ Member #

It looks like we're not going to make it to s4 race wars about to drop the engine again something wrong with the clutch is still not working properlyIMG_20180622_184529_797.jpeg

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011