Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 441 to 459 of 459
  1. #441
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 04 2013
    AZ Member #
    120269
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Items for Sale

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So the only accessory you'll have is alternator?

    Stretch belt?

  2. #442
    Established Member Three Rings canduchita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    390488
    Location
    ypsilanti

    Quote Originally Posted by Mille Bornes View Post
    So the only accessory you'll have is alternator?

    Stretch belt?
    Well I can't stretch it because it will hit the mount bolt


    But I remember somebody doing some type of tension are right in the middle but I can't remember where I saw it
    20180703_160415.jpeg20180703_160540.jpeg

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  3. #443
    Established Member Three Rings Teck09's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    399307
    Location
    WA

    Quote Originally Posted by canduchita View Post
    Well I can't stretch it because it will hit the mount bolt


    But I remember somebody doing some type of tension are right in the middle but I can't remember where I saw it
    20180703_160415.jpeg20180703_160540.jpeg

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

    Maybe I am missing something but why not just go from the alternator, over the tensioner, down around the crank pulley and then back to the alternator?

  4. #444
    Established Member Three Rings canduchita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    390488
    Location
    ypsilanti

    Quote Originally Posted by Teck09 View Post
    Maybe I am missing something but why not just go from the alternator, over the tensioner, down around the crank pulley and then back to the alternator?
    Well if I was to do that how would I clear the bolt for the front mount

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  5. #445
    Established Member Three Rings canduchita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    390488
    Location
    ypsilanti

    1st idea was to do what you just said but it touches the bolt So I'm thinking if it could live without that bolt and I can just grind it down so it doesn't touch.
    The other thing is the belt will be on the tension or on the group side not the smooth part of the belt so I don't know if that will affect anything20180703_163024.jpeg20180703_163028.jpeg20180703_163031.jpeg

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  6. #446
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 02 2013
    AZ Member #
    128137
    My Garage
    01.5 S4 Avant 6MT, 02 A4 1.8 5MT, 04 A4 3.0 6MT, 08 Mustang GT, 03 Forester
    Location
    Maryland
    Items for Sale

    Weld up a bracket and mount an idler where the power steering pulley is.
    LDRXN

  7. #447
    Established Member Three Rings Teck09's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    399307
    Location
    WA

    Quote Originally Posted by canduchita View Post
    1st idea was to do what you just said but it touches the bolt So I'm thinking if it could live without that bolt and I can just grind it down so it doesn't touch.
    The other thing is the belt will be on the tension or on the group side not the smooth part of the belt.....

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app
    Both good points. Didn't think it through when I posted.

  8. #448
    Established Member Three Rings ReggieNoble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 17 2016
    AZ Member #
    388492
    Location
    Fl

    Quote Originally Posted by dozer103 View Post
    Weld up a bracket and mount an idler where the power steering pulley is.
    Best fast solution right there

    Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Audizine mobile app

  9. #449
    Established Member Three Rings canduchita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    390488
    Location
    ypsilanti

    Just got a couple pictures from Justin on the blue reflection carbon fiber cluster, Still needs clear but I think it looks really good20180703_143803.jpg20180703_143841.jpg

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  10. #450
    Veteran Member Three Rings VR6Bomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13 2009
    AZ Member #
    42466
    Location
    NJ

    car run?

  11. #451
    Established Member Three Rings canduchita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    390488
    Location
    ypsilanti

    Quote Originally Posted by VR6Bomber View Post
    car run?
    Yes it does, working on the wiring harness and the power steering delete

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  12. #452
    Senior Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 02 2014
    AZ Member #
    292607
    My Garage
    06 9-3 Aero 2.8T, 96 Miata
    Location
    Winchester, VA
    Items for Sale

    Side note, when you ditch the k03s, ditch that crank pulley as well. Stock is better than that, or go with one of the fancy new options.

  13. #453
    Established Member Three Rings canduchita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    390488
    Location
    ypsilanti

    Quote Originally Posted by DieselElectric View Post
    Side note, when you ditch the k03s, ditch that crank pulley as well. Stock is better than that, or go with one of the fancy new options.
    I have this one20180705_185318.jpeg

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  14. #454
    Established Member Three Rings canduchita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    390488
    Location
    ypsilanti

    Should be fun20180703_124713.jpeg

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  15. #455
    Established Member Four Rings JustManson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11 2016
    AZ Member #
    382924
    Location
    Connecticut

    Audi EXO S4 built stage 3 plus

    Quote Originally Posted by VR6Bomber View Post
    car run?
    My thoughts exactly!

    Your installing and toying with the details, does this beast even run yet????


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  16. #456
    Established Member Four Rings JustManson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11 2016
    AZ Member #
    382924
    Location
    Connecticut

    Quote Originally Posted by canduchita View Post
    Yes it does, working on the wiring harness and the power steering delete

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app
    Never mind LOL


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  17. #457
    Established Member Four Rings JustManson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11 2016
    AZ Member #
    382924
    Location
    Connecticut

    Quote Originally Posted by canduchita View Post
    I have this one20180705_185318.jpeg

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app
    Same as I got. Itís perfect, it looks good, and it does the job they state.

    Lots of high power builds use that pulley here.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  18. #458
    Established Member Three Rings canduchita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    390488
    Location
    ypsilanti

    Alright made some progress
    20180708_125237.jpeg20180708_125241.jpeg20180708_125327.jpeg

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  19. #459
    Established Member Three Rings canduchita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    390488
    Location
    ypsilanti


Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.