Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Lowering options for 2017 S6

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Looking at lowering options for my 2017 S6.

Seems Lowering links or VAG-COM are the cheapest options.

Lowering Links - cheaper option, can drop further, reversible if careful for Audicare visits but estimate an hour or more each time.

VAGCOM - has other useful functions for programming, limited amount of drop (sounds like less than an inch), seems like it would be easy to switch back for Audicare visits.

Any thoughts on each of these options?

Any thoughts on warranty impact for either option?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings nadroj81's Avatar
    AZ Member #

CETE air suspension controller. Can have different heights for comfort and dynamic, dynamic won't just be a lower version of comfort (which is what vag-com and links will do)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by nadroj81 View Post
    CETE air suspension controller. Can have different heights for comfort and dynamic, dynamic won't just be a lower version of comfort (which is what vag-com and links will do)
    I donít think thatís true at all. I have an 18 S7 with vag-com lowering and there is a clear difference in stiffness in dynamic vs comfort. How would links effect stiffness?

Veteran Member Four Rings nadroj81's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by blinx9900 View Post
    I donít think thatís true at all. I have an 18 S7 with vag-com lowering and there is a clear difference in stiffness in dynamic vs comfort. How would links effect stiffness?
    agree, i am speaking towards the height adjustment. Vag-Com lets you adjust the calibration, so your comfort and dynamic will be from that position. With a cete controller you set comfort and dynamic separately. So you could have any combination even having dynamic higher than comfort.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by nadroj81 View Post
    agree, i am speaking towards the height adjustment. Vag-Com lets you adjust the calibration, so your comfort and dynamic will be from that position. With a cete controller you set comfort and dynamic separately. So you could have any combination even having dynamic higher than comfort.
    Ah yes! I really think itís good enough for most people though. I want the Cete but iím told i can only have the lowering module or the exahust valve controller. Not sure which way to go.

Registered Member One Ring Swirv's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Schwinn

Sorry if this is a dumb question but with the VAG-COM lowering option: will you still have the ability to lower and raise the car using the Audi MMI? I want to lower the car but only when Iím dynamic. I like the idea of having the car sit higher in comfort.

On that note, would the Cete Lowering module void your warranty since itís more invasive than the VAG-COM option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Swirv View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but with the VAG-COM lowering option: will you still have the ability to lower and raise the car using the Audi MMI? I want to lower the car but only when Iím dynamic. I like the idea of having the car sit higher in comfort.
    Vagcom lowering will lower all settings a bit. Dynamic will still be lower than comfort though and comfort will be a higher than dynamic. Just lower than stock.

Registered Member One Ring Swirv's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Schwinn

Quote Originally Posted by blinx9900 View Post
    Vagcom lowering will lower all settings a bit. Dynamic will still be lower than comfort though and comfort will be a higher than dynamic. Just lower than stock.
    Thanks for the clarification Blinx!!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Swirv View Post
    Thanks for the clarification Blinx!!

Yeah no problem. Lmk if you want pics.