Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I just bought used with 9000 miles. Love the car. Two minor issues.

1) With slight throttle (not with zero throttle, and not with 20%+ throttle) I'm getting a vibration through the pedal and left foot rest. Seems to happen at a wide range of RPMs, gears, and "drive select" settings.
    2) Driver side front tire is worn on the outside edge. Other three look OK. Staggered setup. Need to check camber, alignment or something else?

Many thanks!

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Noticed a rattling noise coming from the front passenger seat or front passenger side door. Doesn't seem to correspond with how fast i'm going or if music is playing (ie, not just heavy bass). happens with totally quiet cabin. I *think* it might be coming from the seat belt receiver, but i can't tell for sure as I can only hear it when I'm driving and alone in the car, so it's hard to say.

Here's a video of it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gg5nr67cs1..._1721.m4v?dl=0

Anyone experienced this?
    2018 RS3 (Daytona Grey, tech, dynamic, RS design)

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Does anyone know when changing the drive select individual options what the the ACC does when changing from comfortable to auto to dynamic? I feel like the adaptive cruise control shouldn't change. Let me know guys
    Current: 2018 Audi Exclusive Nogaro Blue RS3 w/Black optics, Tech, Dynamic, Drivers Assistance, RS Design Packages, Carbon Inlays, Carbon Mirror

Past: 2014 Black S4 DSG/1999 Eclipse GSX

AZ Member #

What I experience during sporty driving in 3 or 4 gear is that sometimes you feel between the 3a4000 RPM the powerband is slightly lowered and then rebuilds.
    As if a turbo boost or torque limit kicks in.
    Anyone else who feels this sometimes?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn WAS-LX1A met Tapatalk
    Why no RS3 flag

Active Member Two Rings SolarRS3's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 KTM Superduke 1290R

Doohie I feel the same as well when punching it from 2500/3000. It seems to get less torque and then abother surge up to redline!

AZ Member #

Yeah..You can even see the tachometer slowdown that moment.
    Too bad because I love driving out of deep torque when you feel the turbo come in.

Why no RS3 flag

Veteran Member Four Rings Campblett's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4, SQ5, 535i

Does anyone have a ticking noise coming from the brakes? It sounds like a card stuck in bicycle spokes kind of noise and it gets faster and slower depending on my speed. I can hear it when driving next to other cars or a wall that can bounce the sound back. When I apply the brakes lightly the ticking noise becomes more of a solid noise. Is this normal from the drilled rotors?
    2018 RS3 & 2017 SQ5

Insta: @ccampbs

Past:
    2012 A4
    2015 S4
    2014 SQ5

AZ Member #

I believe this is normal for drilled rotors when driving close to a solid surface. I notice this on mine and lots of other posts on here say similar things.
    2018 RS3 (Daytona Grey, tech, dynamic, RS design)

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by PowerStroke View Post
    Noticed a rattling noise coming from the front passenger seat or front passenger side door. Doesn't seem to correspond with how fast i'm going or if music is playing (ie, not just heavy bass). happens with totally quiet cabin. I *think* it might be coming from the seat belt receiver, but i can't tell for sure as I can only hear it when I'm driving and alone in the car, so it's hard to say.

Anyone experienced this?
    I have the exact same issue and not sure what to do about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings Campblett's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4, SQ5, 535i

I believe this is normal for drilled rotors when driving close to a solid surface. I notice this on mine and lots of other posts on here say similar things.
    Thats what I thought as well but I met up with a few other local RS3's and they don't have the noise. But it also looks like they have a different rotor style as the holes aren't in the same place. I wonder if there was a revsion and one type makes the noise while the other type doesn't. Not too worried, it is just an annoying noise sometimes.
    2018 RS3 & 2017 SQ5

Insta: @ccampbs

Past:
    2012 A4
    2015 S4
    2014 SQ5

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Paul@SupremePower's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 RS3 |2014 B8.5 S5 stage 2+ |2010 MK6 GTI KO4 -gone

Quote Originally Posted by Campblett View Post
    Thats what I thought as well but I met up with a few other local RS3's and they don't have the noise. But it also looks like they have a different rotor style as the holes aren't in the same place. I wonder if there was a revsion and one type makes the noise while the other type doesn't. Not too worried, it is just an annoying noise sometimes.
    You are correct. The first pic is from my 2017 and the second from my 2018. Not only is the drill pattern different but the hat is as well.

The 2018 makes the same buzzing/ticking sound just in a different tone.

2017:

2018:

Email: Paul@SupremePower.com aka: allset
    Call or Text: 914-243-1993

IG: paul_gi_5264 | FB: Paul Gi

| 034 | ADV.1 | AG | Advan | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Forgeline | H&R | Klassen | KW | Milltek | Modulare | Neuspeed | Ohlins | OZ | Stoptech | Signature | VMR | Volk | Vorsteiner | Vossen | Work | & many more

Veteran Member Three Rings Burningcoals's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Doohie View Post
    What I experience during sporty driving in 3 or 4 gear is that sometimes you feel between the 3a4000 RPM the powerband is slightly lowered and then rebuilds.
    As if a turbo boost or torque limit kicks in.
    Anyone else who feels this sometimes?

What software are you running?
    • Current: 2018 Audi RS3 - 2000 Audi S4 3L
    • B5 S4 FATS TiAL R770 2.06 FATS VIDEO
    • B5 S4 Pump GAS 5.7 60-130 92oct + Meth
    • B5 S4 4.7 100-200kmh 92oct + Meth

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Campblett View Post
    Mine comes and goes. Sometimes the car is silent and sometimes really quite loud. Sometimes goes away when braking and sometimes gets louder. I can't put my finger on it, but it seems normal.

AZ Member #

Anyone experienced this?
    I have this issue. I have not really nailed it down. Seems like passenger seat near bottom rear or something... I moved the seat to the back position and it kinda went away.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Burningcoals View Post
    What software are you running?
    Stock..I always drive manually...With automatic you don't feel it because it uses high revs/gear if you take the pedal to the floor.
    I think whe better choose a different gear that runs high enough rpm just above the dip. I'm really curious if there are more people experiencing this if you want to drive on torque from a low rpm.

Why no RS3 flag

Established Member Two Rings keninblaine's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    96 Porsche C4S

Quote Originally Posted by Paul@SupremePower View Post
    You are correct. The first pic is from my 2017 and the second from my 2018. Not only is the drill pattern different but the hat is as well.

The 2018 makes the same buzzing/ticking sound just in a different tone.

2017:

2018:

My 2018, which was delivered August 10, 2017, has the older style rotors and hats, where the holes in the rotors are uniform rather than random looking. Haven't noticed any noises in over 11,000 miles.
    2018 RS3 Florett Silver

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Doohie View Post
    Stock..I always drive manually...With automatic you don't feel it because it uses high revs/gear if you take the pedal to the floor.
    I think whe better choose a different gear that runs high enough rpm just above the dip. I'm really curious if there are more people experiencing this if you want to drive on torque from a low rpm.

I think there is a slight bump in the power curve on the stock tune. But for the most part mine was very smooth.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Just curious how much ethanol you can mix in to the stock RS3 before you might run into lean issues. E20 maybe? Just wondering if anyone has done this on the stock tune. Let me know. Thanks
    Current: 2018 Audi Exclusive Nogaro Blue RS3 w/Black optics, Tech, Dynamic, Drivers Assistance, RS Design Packages, Carbon Inlays, Carbon Mirror

Past: 2014 Black S4 DSG/1999 Eclipse GSX

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by hckymstr19 View Post
    Just curious how much ethanol you can mix in to the stock RS3 before you might run into lean issues. E20 maybe? Just wondering if anyone has done this on the stock tune. Let me know. Thanks
    I was doing 1.5 gallons with every fill up when I was completely stock. I was told to stay under E20.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I just got into a new 2018 RS3.

There's this popping sound when backing up my driveway, or possibly backing over a bump/dip on the road. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to be embarrassing.

Tried searching the forum for solutions but no luck. From the search results it seems like an Audi wide thing but maybe another RS3 owner has experienced the same thing?

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to bring a brand new car in for service

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ever. View Post

There's this popping sound when backing up my driveway, or possibly backing over a bump/dip on the road. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to be embarrassing.

Tried searching the forum for solutions but no luck. From the search results it seems like an Audi wide thing but maybe another RS3 owner has experienced the same thing?

Is it coming from your sunroof? Popping/squeaking sound when going over uneven surfaces or bumps?

AZ Member #

I occasionally have what you are describing... but only when backing up.
    Sounds and feels almost like a POPPING tire coming from my rear tire, suspension or gear box but its not the tire failing or me driving over anything. Have not noticed any other side effects, grinding or whining sounds or issues.

What does really bother me is the RANDOM auto (hard) braking that takes place sometimes when backing up and when the sensors think I'm gonna hit something.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Pneub View Post
    Is it coming from your sunroof? Popping/squeaking sound when going over uneven surfaces or bumps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkwerx View Post
    ... but only when backing up.
    Sounds and feels almost like a POPPING tire coming from my rear tire, suspension or gear box but its not the tire failing or me driving over anything.
    Exactly this! Nothing from the sunroof.

I'm guessing it's not bothering you enough to have it checked out?

AZ Member #

I had the backup sensor stop me once, it was windy, must have caught a leaf.

The popping over a bump, someone here located something loose in the trunk popping up. Forget exactly what it was though, maybe the trunk floor.

Reversing sound (slowly over flat ground) - I get this sometimes also.
    18 Silver RS3. Notable past cars: v10 r8, noble m400, lotus elise

AZ Member #

Exactly this! Nothing from the sunroof.

I'm guessing it's not bothering you enough to have it checked out?
    No it hasnít bothered me too much and appears to be happening primarily when Iím pulling into my driveway and have the front wheels turned and then start to reverse into my garage straightening out. Hard to replicate but may be attributed to angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

No it hasnít bothered me too much and appears to be happening primarily when Iím pulling into my driveway and have the front wheels turned and then start to reverse into my garage straightening out. Hard to replicate but may be attributed to angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Dealer just tightened everything back there including swaybars, etc. I know they lift and adjust the height of the car for truck delivery which the tech mentioned so he tightened everything around that. Guess I'll find out if it still keeps happening. So far no popping sound when I got the car back home.

AZ Member #

I occasionally have what you are describing... but only when backing up.
    Sounds and feels almost like a POPPING tire coming from my rear tire, suspension or gear box but its not the tire failing or me driving over anything. Have not noticed any other side effects, grinding or whining sounds or issues.

What does really bother me is the RANDOM auto (hard) braking that takes place sometimes when backing up and when the sensors think I'm gonna hit something.
    Did this ever get resolved?

My car has developed this same pop/clunk thing over the last five days or so. Only happens when I first start reversing or backing up my inclined driveway. Super weird. Otherwise drives totally normally.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Potatohead_RS3 View Post

My car has developed this same pop/clunk thing over the last five days or so. Only happens when I first start reversing or backing up my inclined driveway. Super weird. Otherwise drives totally normally.

No.. haven't had it looked at but I have a service coming up. I still occasionally have it but after I originally posted my comment I thought more in detail about the circumstances and I think I was able to replicate it when the wheel is turned all the way to lock either left or right. I'm thinking it could be just the grip of the rear tires when backing up in the tightest angle.... Gonna see if I can replicate again.

AZ Member #

No.. haven't had it looked at but I have a service coming up. I still occasionally have it but after I originally posted my comment I thought more in detail about the circumstances and I think I was able to replicate it when the wheel is turned all the way to lock either left or right. I'm thinking it could be just the grip of the rear tires when backing up in the tightest angle.... Gonna see if I can replicate again.
    Yeah I am not concerned about it either, just something I noticed that I'm sure wasn't happening before. It may just be drivetrain bind. I'll probably take a peek when I change to my winter tires in a few weeks, and if it continues longer my first service is about 2k away.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Potatohead_RS3 View Post

Nope. It's still happening to mine but it doesn't seem to be really affecting anything. Dealer doesn't seem to know what it is. I'll probably bring it back up again in the next service. Hopefully I can replicate it better. It's just so random most of the time. Full lock or straight, mine doesn't seem to care. It does it no matter what, as long as I'm backing up.

Hope you folks figure yours out. Let us know

AZ Member #

Could it be temperature related? Just guessing if it started happening for you. It seems many of our cars do it.
    18 Silver RS3. Notable past cars: v10 r8, noble m400, lotus elise

Veteran Member Three Rings andru1313's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi 2018 RS3 2006 Evo IX MR

2018 RS3 Quirks and Questions

Anyone else get condensation in there headlights? Took the car into the dealer today to have my exhaust replaced and told them about my headlights having condensation in them and they said they didnít find any issues

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by andru1313 View Post
    Anyone else get condensation in there headlights? Took the car into the dealer today to have my exhaust replaced and told them about my headlights having condensation in them and they said they didnít find any issues

Its normal. I recall reading they are actually vented headlights so a little condensation is fine and will evaporate out.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122