Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by DBS View Post
    I went and saw a coupe today in person, did not drive it but was not impressed with its appearance and presentation. The interior was just like my S5 with RS badging, nothing exclusive at all. The wheels were right size but civic si like. The sticker was $87K and would be no way I would put down that kind of money for such a bland car. Just my thoughts...
    You need to test drive it. In the looks department, the front end is definitely more aggressive compared to the S5. You cannot simply judge it by just looking at it. That extra bump of 96hp and 74 lb foot of torque adds up. But, to each his own and it depends on your priorities. Most people could not justify the price difference between the S5 and RS5. If you just do mundane driving to and from work or chores then the RS5 is certainly not for you.
    Current: 2016 S5 in Sepang Blue with Technik Package.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

My driving is pretty much the definition of mundane but I want the RS5 SB just becuase I think itís a really cool car.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JohnEnglish View Post
    My driving is pretty much the definition of mundane but I want the RS5 SB just becuase I think itís a really cool car.
    You and me the same. My driving is mostly mundane with the occasional spirited drive. However, if I am financially capable, I will order an AE RS Q5 in a heartbeat (if Audi decides to come out with such a beast). I love how these RS cars act normal when used during regular commutes and then goes into Mr. Hyde mode when pushed to its limits.

Senior Member Three Rings astonmartin007's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Went to my dealer yesterday and bumped into this stunning beauty..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Damn. Whatís it dropped on?

Mops On The Move
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

AZ Member #

Not dropped Mops, OEM suspension

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by plat View Post
    You need to test drive it. In the looks department, the front end is definitely more aggressive compared to the S5. You cannot simply judge it by just looking at it. That extra bump of 96hp and 74 lb foot of torque adds up. But, to each his own and it depends on your priorities. Most people could not justify the price difference between the S5 and RS5. If you just do mundane driving to and from work or chores then the RS5 is certainly not for you.
    Your right I should drive it but my main disappointment was the interior. I felt like I was sitting in my car which is a big foul in my book.....if its an exclusive car, make it feel that way inside and out!!

AZ Member #

Your right I should drive it but my main disappointment was the interior. I felt like I was sitting in my car which is a big foul in my book.....if its an exclusive car, make it feel that way inside and out!!
    I can imagine how much the price of the RS5 would increase if Audi decided to provide some exclusive RS interior elements to it. I can understand why most of the interior elements use a lot of parts from the A5/S5 is to control the costs. For buyers who can afford the S5 and want some exclusivity an extra $4,000 to $5,000 for Audi Exclusive won't make a big dent in the wallet since he or she is already paying around $79K for a fully loaded RS5. But, for those who just have enough money to have the privilege of owning an RS5, they will just have to make do with the standard interior finishes and exterior paints.

Senior Member Three Rings jpenneck's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The same could be said for the S5. Pretty much no interior differences from the A5 except for the seats.
    2013 RS5 - Sepang Blue, Alu-Optic, Black Alcantara, Nav, Sports Exhaust
    2012 Q5 - Ice Silver 2.0T, Premium+, Nav

Past:
    2012 S4 - Monsoon Gray, Prestige package, S-Tronic, Sports Diff
    2007 RS4 - Mugello Blue
    2000 S4 - Santorin Blue

AZ Member #

In Canada, we have the RS Interior Design package, check it out. Definitely separates the interior fro the A/S versions.
    Current:
    2012 A5 S-Line Coupe, GIAC, APR intake, AWE exhaust

On Order:
    2018 RS 5 Coupť, Daytona Grey Pearl Effect
    Premium Package, Audi Sport Package, Carbon Optics Package, Carbon fibre inlays
    Carbon sigma engine compartment cover, RS Interior Design Package
    Advanced Driver Assistance Package, Audi head-up display, Red brake calipers
    20" 5-Arm Trapezoidal design wheels with fully milled matte black finish, size 9J x 20, with 275/30 performance tires

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jpenneck View Post
    The same could be said for the S5. Pretty much no interior differences from the A5 except for the seats.
    RS and S same seats

AZ Member #

Do BMW and Mercedes provide interior upgrades for the M3/4 and C63 over the regular 3/4 Series and C Class?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by fwd55 View Post
    In Canada, we have the RS Interior Design package, check it out. Definitely separates the interior fro the A/S versions.
    Good thinking! I forgot about the RS Interior Design Package offered as an upgrade option for Canadian RS5's.

I forget what the RS Interior Upgrade Package in Canada includes but I do remember Alcantara wrapped steering wheel. I think the seats and door panels are in Alcantara, too. Audi Canada took the RS5 configurator off-line. Maybe to fix the error concerning the the Ceramic Brakes.

Veteran Member Four Rings coolwater's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 RDX Black on Black AWD

What type of discount have you guys been able to negotiate on a factory order?

I was looking ttrs, but man space is tight in there.

-cW

2015 S3 Mythos Black on Red Magma Leather - V810 - Bilstein B14 - AWE DP - aFe

Gone - 2014 Audi A5 2.0T - 2013 S4 3.0 -2010 A4 2.0T
    New Build Thread: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-Magma-2015-S3
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4z...OgbcLzxwZEOt1A

AZ Member #

I noticed it wasn't available, I can't even pull up my saved configuration. What's the CCB error about?
    Current:
    2012 A5 S-Line Coupe, GIAC, APR intake, AWE exhaust

On Order:
    2018 RS 5 Coupť, Daytona Grey Pearl Effect
    Premium Package, Audi Sport Package, Carbon Optics Package, Carbon fibre inlays
    Carbon sigma engine compartment cover, RS Interior Design Package
    Advanced Driver Assistance Package, Audi head-up display, Red brake calipers
    20" 5-Arm Trapezoidal design wheels with fully milled matte black finish, size 9J x 20, with 275/30 performance tires

Veteran Member Four Rings Seinsmeld13's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    09 Porsche Boxster S & 2018 TTS

Quote Originally Posted by astonmartin007 View Post
    Went to my dealer yesterday and bumped into this stunning beauty..

That colour is terrible. I would have to change the colour before I put that car on the road.
    2018 RS5 2018 TTS
    Weekend and summer drive 2009 Porsche Boxster S

Senior Member Three Rings jpenneck's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Seinsmeld13 View Post
    That colour is terrible. I would have to change the colour before I put that car on the road.
    I've never been a fan of grey, but it actually looks much better in person, especially outside.
    2013 RS5 - Sepang Blue, Alu-Optic, Black Alcantara, Nav, Sports Exhaust
    2012 Q5 - Ice Silver 2.0T, Premium+, Nav

Past:
    2012 S4 - Monsoon Gray, Prestige package, S-Tronic, Sports Diff
    2007 RS4 - Mugello Blue
    2000 S4 - Santorin Blue

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by fwd55 View Post
    I noticed it wasn't available, I can't even pull up my saved configuration. What's the CCB error about?
    The Audi Canada site seemed to imply that the CCB option gave you front and rear CCBs. However, itís only the front brakes that are replaced with CCB ones.

Veteran Member Four Rings Seinsmeld13's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    09 Porsche Boxster S & 2018 TTS

Quote Originally Posted by jpenneck View Post
    I've never been a fan of grey, but it actually looks much better in person, especially outside.
    I've seen it in person a few days ago. It was bad, however, you can't please everybody.
    2018 RS5 2018 TTS
    Weekend and summer drive 2009 Porsche Boxster S

AZ Member #

Definitely a question of taste..I personally love this color!!

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Definitely a question of taste..I personally love this color!!
    As do many people, but the "flat gray" trend is everywhere now. I like it, but still prefer Daytona Gray.
    Currently: Audi S6 * Audi S3 * Porsche Cayman GTS

AZ Member #

I was at the dealership again today and the paint color for this RS5 is actually Florett Silver Metallic. Price tag 108K + TX Cad
    No thank you for me , as much as itís a beautiful car I will keep my S5. For that price, you can get a nice F-Type

AZ Member #

I was at the dealership again today and the paint color for this RS5 is actually Florett Silver Metallic. Price tag 108K + TX Cad
    No thank you for me , as much as itís a beautiful car I will keep my S5. For that price, you can get a nice F-Type
    But, an F-type Jag is not an Audi. I have heard and read not so good stuff about Jag reliability and I won't touch Jag with a 10-foot pole.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by plat View Post
    But, an F-type Jag is not an Audi. I have heard and read not so good stuff about Jag reliability and I won't touch Jag with a 10-foot pole.
    I was looking at getting a new XF a little while ago so I browsed some Jaguar forums. I was surprised at the number of people talking about trim pieces falling off etc. I commented that for $70K I'd hope there wouldn't be such basic quality control issues. Everyone jumped in to say "it's not a big deal because you're driving a Jag", if I want a "boring and reliable car I should get a German or Japanese car", and if I was worried about just minor things like parts of the car falling off or the center display locking up and not working then "obviously Jag ownership wasn't for me".

Established Member Two Rings buickfunnycar's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1928 Model A Roadster, 2018 Audi S5 Prestige coupe

Quote Originally Posted by JohnEnglish View Post
    I was looking at getting a new XF a little while ago so I browsed some Jaguar forums. I was surprised at the number of people talking about trim pieces falling off etc. I commented that for $70K I'd hope there wouldn't be such basic quality control issues. Everyone jumped in to say "it's not a big deal because you're driving a Jag", if I want a "boring and reliable car I should get a German or Japanese car", and if I was worried about just minor things like parts of the car falling off or the center display locking up and not working then "obviously Jag ownership wasn't for me".
    I drove a '15 V6 F-Type coupe from Oct '14 to Oct '17 on a 3 year lease and during that time, the car was completely trouble-free but I didn't rack up a ton of miles and in still talking to some of my F-Type friends, there have been issues due to quality control but not like the Jaguar's of old.
    Attached Images
    "World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car"
    www.buickfunnycar.com
    www.facebook.com/ingenuebuickfunnycar

On Order:

2018 S5 Prestige Coupe
    Daytona Gray Pearl Effect/Magma Red Nappa sport seats
    Carbon Atlas inlays/19" Cavo wheels/S Sport pkg/Driver Assistance pkg/Dynamic Steering/Audi Beam Rings

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by buickfunnycar View Post
    I drove a '15 V6 F-Type coupe from Oct '14 to Oct '17 on a 3 year lease and during that time, the car was completely trouble-free but I didn't rack up a ton of miles and in still talking to some of my F-Type friends, there have been issues due to quality control but not like the Jaguar's of old.
    The issues I read about seemed mainly be trim and panel fit/alignment, squeaks and rattles, and the center display locking up or just going to a blank screen.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456