Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
Results 1,761 to 1,771 of 1771
    Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
    It puked on the track (road course) too.
    if it's throw oil for long time the DSG oil will be low so we should increase the oil?

what's the point of DSG vent, can we close it?

so tuned RS3 will throw more oil

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Hey Arin......"APR Plus is fully compatible with our lineup of upcoming Stage 1 compatible performance parts".....I misread this to mean with any stage 1 tune....cause if it was for the E85 stage one, I'd put down the money tomorrow....as long as I had the backup warranty. Dreaming!
    Current: 2018 TTRS Nardo Grey, Tech Pkg, Black Optic, Sport Exhaust.
    Xpel clear bra, H&R Sport Springs, Ceramic Pro Gold Package.
    Past: 2015 Audi TT S Competition Package & 2011 Audi TT S, Black on Black
    Remember: Hit em with the Hein!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by GaBoYnFla View Post
    Hey Arin......"APR Plus is fully compatible with our lineup of upcoming Stage 1 compatible performance parts".....I misread this to mean with any stage 1 tune....cause if it was for the E85 stage one, I'd put down the money tomorrow....as long as I had the backup warranty. Dreaming!
    I doubt they would ever offer that because e85 is so inconsistent and easy to mess up the switching over of fuels

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by GaBoYnFla View Post
    Same here. I would even pay a bit extra for this.

Established Member Two Rings Zephyr007's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Audi RS3

A dream indeed. It's been asked and answered several times about APR+ at higher horsepower tunes. Arin has been pretty clear about the fact the the APR + tune is only available in the 91 octane variant (459 HP, 451 TQ). They aren't about to warranty tunes approaching 550 HP & 500 TQ or likely even more with some of their bolt on stage 1 parts coming down the pike.

Sure there's a number where it would likely become economically viable to them but nobody is going to want to pay that amount. You'd probably be looking at a minimum of $7,000-$10,000+ software tune to cover their additional liability and that's if they could actually get someone to underwrite in the coverage. The pay to play adage is very much in effect here. For what it's worth I have yet to hear of anyone grenading one of these motors which is pretty surprising considering there are several guys out there running big turbo setups that are approaching double the factory HP and driving the hell out of them.
    2018 Audi RS3 (Audi Exclusive Color, Black w/ Crescendo Red Stitching, Technology Package, Dynamic Package, Black Optic Package, RS Design Package, RS Carbon Decorative Inlays, Front Plate Delete)
    Modifications: (APR Stage 1, Milltek secondary cat bypass pipes, Black Audi Grill Badge)
    2010 Audi A4 Prestige S-Line
    Modifications: (APR Stage 1 ECU Flash 93 octane, Michelin Pilot Super Sport, S-Line Logo puddle lights)

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Arin@APR's Avatar
    AZ Member #

APR 2.5 TFSI EVO Turbocharger Inlet System

Product Page

The APR Turbocharger Inlet System outflows the factory components by up to 45%. This is achieved through elimination of the most critical restriction in the entire intake system, the turbocharger inlet pipe. Because of this restriction, no intake airbox / filter design can physically match the gains achieved by upgrading to the APR Turbo Inlet System alone. This is the first step one should take when upgrading their intake system and paves the way for even more gains.

The APR Turbocharger Inlet System uses a massive 4” carbon fiber inlet tube that attaches to the factory airbox, or upcoming APR Intake System. Attached to the carbon fiber tube is a massive 4” cast aluminum inlet which is organically shaped to retain the largest possible cross sectional area within the pipe all the way to the inlet of the turbocharger’s compressor cover. Despite the visually odd shape, keeping the cross-sectional area as large as possible is the key to the pipe's performance gains, and greatly outflows smooth looking continuously tapering designs.

Interlocking adapter rings form a port-matched ideal entrance to the turbocharger, while larger rings (sold separately) provide port-matched support for even larger hybrid turbocharger upgrades. A thick stainless steel heat shield protects the pipe from the hot turbocharger manifold, and an external stainless PCV pipe provides proper PCV placement without impacting the inlet’s design.

System Overview

The Restriction

The factory cast inlet pipe is small. It has a maximum internal diameter of 2.8”, at the widest point, and is internally restricted as illustrated in the photos. This pipe is only capable of achieving a maximum of 490 CFM at 28” of H2O when tested alone. Attaching any intake system to this pipe will only result in a lower flow rate, and when using the factory back pipe, airbox, filter and inlet scoop, airflow drops below 430 CFM.

The APR Solution

Our cast inlet pipe is huge and on its own it achieves a staggering 710 CFM with the stock turbocharger adaptor! This is a 45% improvement over the factory part. When paired with APR’s upcoming intake system, airflow only drops to 690 CFM, a 60% improvement over the entire stock intake system! When attached to the factory airbox, filter and frontal scoop, airflow drops to 575 CFM, which is 34% better than the stock system and 17% better than the stock inlet by itself with an ideal entrance. This further clarifies the point that no intake can outperform the APR turbo inlet if the factory turbo inlet is left intact.

APR’s engineers tested a multitude of other turbocharger inlet designs in pursuit of more flow and power. It was quickly determined the part could not act as an upgrade on its own because of the significant increase in diameter required. The rear inlet pipe also had to be upgraded to utilize this larger diameter. Other designs, which may look smoother, and offer a continuously reducing taper, are extremely limited. At 3.5”, 550 CFM is achievable. At 4” 560 is achievable. In contrast, our system achieves 710 CFM under the same test. Given how restrictive these other designs are, upgrading to our system, while still using the factory airbox, filter and frontal scoop, will outflow any intake system!

Dyno Testing

The APR Inlet System greatly outflows the factory inlet system, and for this reason, APR’s engineers have created a Stage 1+ ECU to take full advantage of the upgrade. While Stage 1+ is designed for use with an intercooler system, we tested the upgrade with the factory intercooler system to illustrate the gain from the inlet alone. In doing so, the APR Inlet system gained as much as 14 WHP and 11 WFT-LBS of Torque! When combined with the APR Intercooler system gains grew further to 37 WHP and 29 WFT-LBS. Gains will continue to grow as higher demands are put on the system via higher stages of performance.

For more graphs, including wheel, crank, gain over stock, 91, 93, 100, 104, and E85, please visit our product page.

Further Data

APR’s Engineers fully instrumented the engine with pressure sensors and thermocouples (fast response temperature sensors) to further illustrate the affects this product has on the system as a whole. In the simplest terms, this upgrade allows the turbocharger to operate at a lower pressure ratio, which means it will operate more efficiently. It reduces the restriction on the inlet of the turbocharger, allowing the inlet to see closer to ambient pressure conditions. This directly translates to lower pre-turbine backpressure (EMAP), lower turbocharger shaft speed, lower turbocharger compressor discharge temperature, and for the ability to achieve higher boost pressure levels.

The following data was collected with ambient conditions sitting around 985 mbar, 29.4C with 66% relative humidity. The vehicle was setup as Stage 1 (93) with stock hardware, vs Stage 1+ (93) with the APR Inlet. The depression at the inlet decreased by 112 mbar, emap decreased 360 mbar, compressor discharge temperature dropped 14c and the engine was able to achieve 106 mbar more boost pressure by redline. This directly translated to more horsepower and torque, while everything ran cooler and more efficiently.

Photos

Application Guide

Audi RS3 (Typ 8V - MQB / MK3) - 2.5 TFSI EA855 EVO (Gen2) - Left Hand Drive Only
    Audi TT RS (Typ 8S - MQB / MK3) - 2.5 TFSI EA855 EVO (Gen2) - Left Hand Drive Only

CI100038

Adapter rings for various hybrid turbos to follow.

Purchase at an APR dealer today.
    GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
    Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
    Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

Established Member Three Rings S3DUDE's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You guys are the absolute masters on marketing and presentation. It is very hard to look away with such amount of detail that you guys put into the pictures, description, representations, graphics, comparisons, etc. Any gains on stock cars?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by S3DUDE View Post
    You guys are the absolute masters on marketing and presentation. It is very hard to look away with such amount of detail that you guys put into the pictures, description, representations, graphics, comparisons, etc. Any gains on stock cars?
    Thank you.

We have not tested the gains on the stock car. Looking back, I should have collected that data. I'm sorry.

Established Member Three Rings S3DUDE's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
    Thank you.

We have not tested the gains on the stock car. Looking back, I should have collected that data. I'm sorry.
    No problem... I would love to test one of these pipes on my stock car...

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Hi Arin, when will the right hand drive will be available. Thanks

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by THR300 View Post
    Hi Arin, when will the right hand drive will be available. Thanks
    It's possible there will not be one. There's not much room at all for an upgrade. We're looking into it, but it cannot be as large as what we're offering, which defeats the point of it in most cases.

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445