Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings theweebabyseamus's Avatar
    AZ Member #

How do you reset DSG adaptations?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So I want to reset my DSG adaptations and I've heard that clearing codes resets the adaptations, and while the transmission does behave a bit smoother after that I don't believe that it's the full version. Has anybody seen another process for a full adaptation reset in VCDS?

Senior Member Four Rings s4matty's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 acura tsx a spec

Try that
    I always do this the day before I go to the track..
    Just make sure your car is somewhat cool.
    Or at least below 60

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Sounds good. I've tried that before and always got an error but I wasn't monitoring trans temp. Do you know if it needs to be done on level ground?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 acura tsx a spec

I always get the error for resetting the counter.
    The other 2 calibrations always finish correctly.
    Just make sure the car is running for the last 2 steps and the E brake is on.
    Not sure if being level makes a difference or not ?

AZ Member #

Nice, big thanks. What kind of a difference do you see after the reset?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 acura tsx a spec

I notice any rough downshifts are gone and the 1st to 2nd up shift is smoother (for a week or so anyways)
    I'm having transmission issues now and doing this calibration seems to really help smooth things out till it re learns

Veteran Member Four Rings stereojorge's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi S4 P+ DSG, 2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige, 2003 Audi A4 Avant Quattro 6MT

Anybody know how to do Step 1 successfully without the error message? B8 S4
    '14 Misano Red S4 DSG/APR Stage II+ DP ECU+TCU/Sport Diff/Full LED Lighting/TAS Charge Chamber Intake/KW V1 Coilovers/EuroCode Sway Bars & AluKreuz/CR-15/034 Trans Mount/Apikol Rear Diff Mount/ECS Rear Diff Carrier Mounts/TAS Test Pipes/AWE Track Exhaust with 102mm Tips/AWE Reso Downpipes/TSW Bathurst 19" x 9.5"/Michelin PS4S'/StopTech Drilled Rotors/Akebono Euro Ceramic Pads/StopTech SS Lines

Also: 2015 SQ5 Prestige | 2003 A4 Avant Quattro 6MT

Previous: 2010 S4 P+ | 2008 A4 S-Line

Veteran Member Three Rings awwturbo's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007.5 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT ext cab, 2016 BMW S1000RR

In order to fully re-adapt your clutches there is another two steps that need to be completed along with a test drive to calibrate the clutches. Essentially like the way dealers would re-adapt them with ODIS.

In the trans menu of VCDS find "Reset start point adaptation to factory setting". Once that is complete hit "Stop" on the top right corner.
    Next find "Clutch Engagement Point Adaptation". Again, when that is complete hit "stop" and you are ready for the test drive part.
    This next step has taken me on the high side due to traffic about 1.5 of driving to fully re-adapt the clutches.

Go into your Measuring Blocks and find "Adaptation status of the engagement point clutch 1" and "Adaptation status of the engagement point clutch 2". You will need these up to see when they are finished. I drove around in 5th gear for clutch 2 at speeds of 40mph-50mph to set it. I used 6th gear to set clutch 1 around 40mph-50mph. Once it is all set you will see the status changed to "Engagement point broken in". That means it is complete. You need to do that on both clutches obviously.

That is your FULL DSG/clutch adaptation.
    [2012 Audi S4 Prestige | S-tronic | Moonlight Blue | Black Nappa Leather | Sport Diff | Titanium Package | IE Stage 2 DP tune & DSG tune | AWE Coldfront System | JHM Race Pipes | JHM catted downpipes | AEM V2 water/meth kit | CTS 57.02mm S/C Pulley | JHM 179mm Crank Pulley | ECS Luft-Technik Intake | CR-15 Brace | H&R OE Sport Springs | ECS X-drilled/slotted rotors | EBC Red Stuff pads | 034 Trans Insert | ECS rear diff mount]