Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 56 of 56
  1. #41
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 07 2005
    AZ Member #
    6784
    Location
    Shepherdstown, WV

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by S4James View Post
    You know, he was exactly the same 17+ years ago in the 1.8t forum....
    You know, there were ignorant people making stupid comments 17+ years ago.

    Thanks for helping me make that point.
    80 rabbit pickup, 98 TJ 4bt cummins, 00 180TTQ 6spd, 02 Freelander, 03 Allroad 2.7t 6spd swap now with K04s, 06 A3 2.0T w/GT3071R (2012 JSW TDI and 2015 GSW TDI now in TDI purgatory )

  2. #42
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 07 2011
    AZ Member #
    73609
    Location
    Home of the mighty beaver

    One of these days im going to find a way to get you and flyboy AND james into an argument. :)

  3. #43
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 04 2013
    AZ Member #
    128426
    My Garage
    stg 3 widebody, 1990 miata, '05 gsxr 1000
    Location
    Palo Alto, CA

    Lol. Epic, but unlikely.

    Chris I have no interest, he doesn't listen very well cause he thinks winning the argument is more important than the substance... so he's arguing over semantics -- aka no point. Like you say you agree with him, but then show some counterpoints -- and he assumes you disagree with him, reiterates his position, and insults you in the process. No thanks.
    Flyboy I tend to agree with or we disagree but I understand his position, and it's reasonable, so there's nothing to debate.

    Edit: besides, that would be way offtopic linking ethics, psychology, and economics papers showing a great deal of disparity across the market. The notion of corruption being equal across the market is statistically impossible (beyond remote), and that's before you look at real world cases/research confirming the obvious. Basically I'm arguing against a nonsensical position, and one that's being defended through means of argumentation over substance (and no this isn't a challenge to link me the history of the b5 dyno wars or countless other examples of corruption -- this doesn't in any way change the objective fact that the behavior is market wide nor uniform nor clears 034 of wrongdoing). If it mattered more or if I thought people were stupid enough to agree with him on a large scale, I might take a bite just to dissuade the negative consequences of misconception, but TBH the pattern of debate is going to be toxic with this one, that much is clear. It's a nonsensical position that would require a complete lack of understanding any of the relevant evidence to support; a position shift required in the face of evidence, and I have a pretty good idea what that might look like -- not fun, and not worth. The reality is we agree there is corruption and there's evidence of it in a lot of places, and rather than acknowledging the agreement, he prefers to play word games (and apparently slippery slope himself right into the bucket in the process in like his first defense -- yikes). I mean there are countless free-to-watch undercover stings that will show you the disparity -- in the industry no less... I just don't know how people are so unaware they're arguing unsupportable nonsense. Like I get the double-down psychological trait and confirmation bias, but you have to put such big blinders on to do it... it's a thing of wonder.
    Last edited by james 408; 02-06-2018 at 08:16 PM.

  4. #44
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 07 2005
    AZ Member #
    6784
    Location
    Shepherdstown, WV

    Quote Originally Posted by james 408 View Post
    Chris I have no interest, he doesn't listen very well cause he thinks winning the argument is more important than the substance... so he's arguing over semantics -- aka no point.
    Maybe if you step back and realize not everything people disagree on is an argument you'll understand better.



    Post something of substance so it can be discussed and people might start to listen. Javad is a sociopath is not substance.
    80 rabbit pickup, 98 TJ 4bt cummins, 00 180TTQ 6spd, 02 Freelander, 03 Allroad 2.7t 6spd swap now with K04s, 06 A3 2.0T w/GT3071R (2012 JSW TDI and 2015 GSW TDI now in TDI purgatory )

  5. #45
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 04 2013
    AZ Member #
    128426
    My Garage
    stg 3 widebody, 1990 miata, '05 gsxr 1000
    Location
    Palo Alto, CA

    Chris you should like up a guy named EricW -- think he's your soul mate.

  6. #46
    Veteran Member Three Rings Tjtalan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 19 2014
    AZ Member #
    265689
    My Garage
    01.5 S4 Stage lll 6speed. 01A4 1.8TQ 5speed.
    Location
    Los Angeles

    My experience with 034 has always been a good one. When I picked up a set of rear spherical tie rods, they didn't fit, but I was the first to get a set. I called, they tested a set in house and confirmed my complaint. I had a redesigned set in a week. I beat the piss out of my car, everything always worked as promised.

    Just the suspension list from my old car.
    034 spherical Lower Control Arm Bushing
    034 front fully spherical upper control arms
    034 rear fully spherical upper control arms
    034 fully spherical rear tie rods
    034 rear sway bar
    034 subframe reinforcement kit
    034 rear sway bar links

  7. #47
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 04 2013
    AZ Member #
    120269
    Location
    Pennsylvania

    Shouldn't they have tested a set before selling them so there wouldn't have been a complaint in the first place? Lol

  8. #48
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 04 2013
    AZ Member #
    128426
    My Garage
    stg 3 widebody, 1990 miata, '05 gsxr 1000
    Location
    Palo Alto, CA

    lol. yeah the psychology is interesting on this stuff.

    Like you get a guy claiming no rub on 255s on stock fenders, then you look at his tires and fenders and see they're clearly mangled, and he still swears by it.

    that's why the stern or prior companies were so good, cause up front they explained the nature of the wear: well we replace em several times a season on race cars, within 5k for some customers, others we can get close to 20k before they feel they have to replace em, and it just depends on their tolerance for NVH or deflection.

  9. #49
    Veteran Member Three Rings Tjtalan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 19 2014
    AZ Member #
    265689
    My Garage
    01.5 S4 Stage lll 6speed. 01A4 1.8TQ 5speed.
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Quote Originally Posted by Mille Bornes View Post
    Shouldn't they have tested a set before selling them so there wouldn't have been a complaint in the first place? Lol
    Yes they should have. I was pissed, but they fixed it and that's the test of a company.

    Quote Originally Posted by james 408 View Post
    lol. yeah the psychology is interesting on this stuff.

    Like you get a guy claiming no rub on 255s on stock fenders, then you look at his tires and fenders and see they're clearly mangled, and he still swears by it.
    I deal with automotive and marine manufactures daily. Even they send faulty parts sometimes, making it right is what counts. The one time I received a faulty part from 034, they mad it right.

    Just my experience, always two sides to a story.

  10. #50
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 04 2013
    AZ Member #
    128426
    My Garage
    stg 3 widebody, 1990 miata, '05 gsxr 1000
    Location
    Palo Alto, CA

    agreed, in part (depends on situation), but correcting the problem, let alone swiftly... that's just not even close to what I experienced on any of the failed transactions. Like not a single one.

    and what's even more curious is you like the sphericals... how many miles and how often did you rebuild them? Just hard for me to wrap my head around liking them. Like i've seen guys that really like them and swear up and down the 034 ones are different yada yada, then a year later they've completely 180'd their position once the BS wears off and the deflection makes it sound like the car was built by the soviets -- and now after 7k miles they have to replace all 4 corners of all suspension arms, and align it again.
    Last edited by james 408; 02-06-2018 at 05:04 PM.

  11. #51
    Veteran Member Three Rings Tjtalan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 19 2014
    AZ Member #
    265689
    My Garage
    01.5 S4 Stage lll 6speed. 01A4 1.8TQ 5speed.
    Location
    Los Angeles

    here's a writeup on improving 034 motorsports control arms.

    I put about 5K on my car with that suspension set up. The car has at least 10K on it since it was sold. I speak to the kid regularly, he has never mentioned anything.

    Now with that said, the car was not my daily. It was never driven in bad weather, and I made sure all my dust boots were installed. Iím not trying to debate any of what has been said, just giving my experience. I also have a merchant account with 034, So maybe Iíve gotten better customer service. Iím in no way a fanboy, just satisfied. Iím about to drop another 2K with them for my 8P 3.2.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #52
    Veteran Member Four Rings awd2ks4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 24 2008
    AZ Member #
    32327
    My Garage
    2000 S4, 2001 roush stg 2
    Location
    Santa cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by james 408 View Post
    Lol. Correct me if I'm wrong:

    1) 40k miles: those joints were screwed, there's no way.
    2) toe links: yeah that would be an obvious product failure that should have never been released. let me guess, they charged you for the ones that fit?
    3) how on gods green earth did you break 3 swaybars? Like links, okay, bushings, okay... but swaybars? outside of a crash that's super rare, let alone 3 times... oh wait, let me guess, this is because of #2... good thing those weren't 034 bars, that would have been expensive. Sounds like 034 cost H-sport a bunch of money and you a bunch of time. The other possibility is you've goofed up the preloading on the bar with bad drop link adjustment including the links hitting the driveline. But there is no natural explantion that would justify 3 bars broken, including jumping, drifting, or rallying it for 100k miles.
    Let's see #1 yes their fine maybe 50k miles. I still have them laying around. #2 no they sent them to me for free. I might have paid 10 bucks for shipping. Crazy huh what kind of shady company would do such a thing. #3 I broke a nuespeed bar as well along with a couple stock endlinks and bushings. The rear tire rods aren't the problem as they don't interfere with the suspension travel at all and the bar doesnt hit the axles. It's not really hard to set a swaybar up for no preload with adjustable endlinks so ur assumption isn't even close. U would have to be impressively retarded to preload a swaybar enough to break it. And I run 255/35/18s on stock fenders lol sounds like ur jealous because u have rs4 wide body with only 265s 😂

  13. #53
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 04 2013
    AZ Member #
    128426
    My Garage
    stg 3 widebody, 1990 miata, '05 gsxr 1000
    Location
    Palo Alto, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by awd2ks4 View Post
    Let's see #1 yes their fine maybe 50k miles. I still have them laying around. #2 no they sent them to me for free. I might have paid 10 bucks for shipping. Crazy huh what kind of shady company would do such a thing. #3 I broke a nuespeed bar as well along with a couple stock endlinks and bushings. The rear tire rods aren't the problem as they don't interfere with the suspension travel at all and the bar doesnt hit the axles. It's not really hard to set a swaybar up for no preload with adjustable endlinks so ur assumption isn't even close. U would have to be impressively retarded to preload a swaybar enough to break it. And I run 255/35/18s on stock fenders lol sounds like ur jealous because u have rs4 wide body with only 265s 😂
    check failure rates on 1 and 3. You're inverted outside the 95th percentile (conservative estimate) on both of those parts. And inverted meaning your driving can only explain one or the other, they're in opposite directions. Lotta math talk without data, but I think you can see what I'm getting at here.

    Glad they didn't charge you though, many others weren't so lucky on other parts. But I'd have someone look at your swaybar issue

  14. #54
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Feb 28 2019
    AZ Member #
    458365
    Location
    Greenville, SC

    I just installed 034's full adjustable density line kit on my RS7. Whenever i slower drive up or back off of a steeper grade and slowly turn the wheels, I hear an occasional pop. Is this the norm with the spherical joint? Also, how are your holding up after upgrading to the higher end CM-10ET's? I will upgrade to them once the ones they came with wear out.
    2014 RS7: APR Stage 1

  15. #55
    Veteran Member Four Rings wbrunner23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 07 2012
    AZ Member #
    94796
    My Garage
    1955 Johnson QD-16
    Location
    Ashland, OR

    You put 034 parts on an RS7?!? Whoops

  16. #56
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 04 2013
    AZ Member #
    128426
    My Garage
    stg 3 widebody, 1990 miata, '05 gsxr 1000
    Location
    Palo Alto, CA

    Play in the ball joints affects everything. every bump, you will hear the clunk. it's the primary suspension stabilizing/control arms (hence the name) - so every movement of the suspension moves the joints. Any sharp movement or change in direction will clunk if there's play.

    Jack it up, shake the rod, and watch the rod ends. They come from the factory with play a fair bit of the time, and they go to hell within a few k miles, whether they start clunking at 0k or 10k just depends on use and luck of the draw from the manufacturer. This is why these joints are race car only, and why you shouldn't use the cheapest ones aurora makes.

    You wanna use the joints fine, but you wanna pretend the parts are good just cause 034 rebranded em, well, big mistake. You've been 034'd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2019 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.