Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member Four Rings Bordom's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiA4_20T View Post
    BTW, just noticed that you were mapping out the entire engine harness. This is completely unnecessary and will only confuse you.

I wrote THIS thread awhile ago. The references to the B6 are generally the same for the C5/B5 since they all share ME7.x
    I did it for my own understanding as it also tells you what's going on with the body plugs from the ECU side. There's some differences but I won't know for sure until I plug it in and attempt to turn over the motor and have it idle.

I'm more concerned with how I'm going to figure out the vacuum system as this pic here shows I'm potentially missing things. Big things are the vacuum reservoirs, EVAP system and leak detection pump.

Can Vac reservoirs be deleted?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    S4's New Lease On Life
    2001.5 S4 6-spd
    Currently "Monster"

IG: 24_et

MODS: Revo Stg 1, 034 Billet Subframe Bushings, SSAC V2 Downpipes, Custom True Dual Exhaust, Forge 007 DVs,

Veteran Member Four Rings Bordom's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Picked up Redline MT-85 to fill the trans. Dumped the old fluid and filled with this. 5 bottles of performance GL-4.

Almost stripped the fill plug on the new trans, then changed the flanges over for the Allroad axles.

Next I punched the pre-cats and collected everything in a pitcher. Will be turning these in along with the main cats at a later date.

I moved on to installing the V8 positive battery cable, hooking up to the starter/alternator. I was missing one connection, so I ended up adding it with some spare stuff in the garage.

With this, I've read of RS6 owners deleting the Aux rad by looping it out, so I'll be attempting the same thing here since I went be running an Aux rad.

Last time I mounted the motor, I didn't mount the passenger side downpipe. Turns out it hangs much lower than the driver side does. Upon installation, the downpipe hits where the trans mount is on the subframe preventing me from installing the motor.

It needs to be bent about 30° to the right and brought upwards 3" to be about the same with the other side. I'm going to try installing this with the downpipe bolts loose and see if I can pry it up over the trans mount. If not, I'll have to find a place to make a single bend in the pipe to allow me to install.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    S4's New Lease On Life
    2001.5 S4 6-spd
    Currently "Monster"

IG: 24_et

MODS: Revo Stg 1, 034 Billet Subframe Bushings, SSAC V2 Downpipes, Custom True Dual Exhaust, Forge 007 DVs,

Senior Member Three Rings moclakens's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    no mastercraft:(
    Items for Sale

I’ll grab a picture tomorrow, but I bought a silicone u-bend heater hose of amazon for $10 and just “looped” the system. I’ve done 1000 miles now and the oil temps seem normal.
    current:
    2002 Amulet s6 6 speed swap in progress
    1984 Toyota pickup 4x4
    Past Audis:
    1999 Silver A4 1.8tqm avant stage 2
    2001 Silver A4 1.8tqm avant K04
    2004 Arctic S4 avant 6speed
    1997 Cactus A4 1.8tqm stage 1
    2001 Pearl S4 avant 6speed stage 3
    2001 Santorin S4 6speed stage 2

AZ Member #
    My Garage