Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 50
  1. #1
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 30 2014
    AZ Member #
    279035
    My Garage
    2018 Audi Q5 Prestige
    Location
    Clayton, NC

    2016 MMI add CarPlay & Android Auto

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just wondering why Audi cannot update 2016 models, when ford can

    https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...-vehicles.html

    Would like to see update for 2016 Audi S6 and other models.

  2. #2
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Hi, at this time, it is undetermined if this feature will be implemented into previous model years as a software update. With that being said, I will share your interest in this technology with the appropriate resources.
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  3. #3
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 30 2014
    AZ Member #
    279035
    My Garage
    2018 Audi Q5 Prestige
    Location
    Clayton, NC

    Thank you for the quick response. I am hoping that Audi will look to bring the feature to 2016 models where MMI hardware is not different hardware than 2017 models.

  4. #4
    Established Member Two Rings douglasjboehme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 22 2015
    AZ Member #
    344223
    My Garage
    1995 Land Rover D90, 1990 Mazda Miata, 2016 Sepang Blue 6MT S4
    Location
    Blue Bell, PA

    I would gladly pay for such an upgrade. Even if it meant buying an entirely new head unit. Obviously I'd prefer to pay the least possible but there may be technical restrictions in our head units. The processor itself seems like it would be too slow to process Android Auto.
    2018 RS5 | Misano Red | All Options | AWE Touring Cat Back, 034 Front Strut | Options on order BBS CH-R NŁrburgring Edition

  5. #5
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 30 2014
    AZ Member #
    279035
    My Garage
    2018 Audi Q5 Prestige
    Location
    Clayton, NC

    I posted specifically because the 2016 and 2017 S6 use the same MIB-2 with Tegra 3 quad core processor

    From what I have been able to find there is no technical difference from a hardware standpoint.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Three Rings car's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 03 2009
    AZ Member #
    38265
    My Garage
    16 S6 93 SLC 91 GTI
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA

    Has anyone gotten any more info on this? This is the mod I am most interested in. I heard reports of a leaked firmware and there are aftermarket solutions but I would like the factory integration feel.
    16 S6 Prestige - Daytona Gray Pearl - Sport Package - Drivers Assistance - B&O - Black Optic - Comfort Seats - Cold Weather Package - Alcantara Headliner - Cargo Net

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Four Rings pwdrskr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 21 2010
    AZ Member #
    63028
    Location
    Seattle, WA

    Quote Originally Posted by car View Post
    Has anyone gotten any more info on this? This is the mod I am most interested in. I heard reports of a leaked firmware and there are aftermarket solutions but I would like the factory integration feel.
    +1
    13 allroad/Prestige/ibis/blk, 20%, expel, APR K04, AWE DP, Eurocode FMIC/HFC, GFB DV+, R8 coils, NGK BKR8EIX plugs, 034 Trans & Rr Diff Mnts, Apikol Rr Diff Mnt, Vogtland coils, Alu Kreuz, Stasis S4/S5 Rr Sway, Vorsteiner V-FF 104 (20x10et30), Conti ExtremeContact DWS06-275/30ZR20, Stoptech rotors, Hawk Ceramics, iJDMTOY 3000K Amber Yellow fogs, F/R e-codes, semi-dyn sigs, RS5 Pedals, Perf. Shift, load rail storage sys, fr. under seat bins, Packasport 60LP

  8. #8
    Established Member Two Rings broccx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 03 2017
    AZ Member #
    392370
    Location
    laurel md

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hi, at this time, it is undetermined if this feature will be implemented into previous model years as a software update. With that being said, I will share your interest in this technology with the appropriate resources.
    Any update on this update?

  9. #9
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by broccx View Post
    Any update on this update?
    Just so everyone is aware as of right now there is no new additional information or updates to share on this topic. My predecessor was able to share the feedback with our product support teams who communicate with Germany on a regular basis so it is in the right hands.
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  10. #10
    Active Member One Ring jasemccarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    405269
    Location
    CO

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Just so everyone is aware as of right now there is no new additional information or updates to share on this topic. My predecessor was able to share the feedback with our product support teams who communicate with Germany on a regular basis so it is in the right hands.
    Any updates?

  11. #11
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by jasemccarty View Post
    Any updates?
    Let me see if I can perform some research and get back to you.
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  12. #12
    Active Member One Ring jasemccarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    405269
    Location
    CO

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Let me see if I can perform some research and get back to you.
    Very much appreciated!
    Adding CarPlay to our 2016 A3 Cabriolet would be awesome.

  13. #13
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Apr 17 2018
    AZ Member #
    417204
    Location
    06001

    Quote Originally Posted by jasemccarty View Post
    Very much appreciated!
    Adding CarPlay to our 2016 A3 Cabriolet would be awesome.
    Bump. Same hardware, give us a software update!! I dont want to have to go the aftermarket mod route. I would also gladly pay for a sw update for Android Auto

  14. #14
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    May 10 2017
    AZ Member #
    399237
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Considering the difficultly I am having just getting the latest version of MMI software on my car to fix some bugs, I would be surprised if Audi was interested in updating older models with new features.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 07 2010
    AZ Member #
    57312
    My Garage
    2018 Subaru Outback
    Location
    Southington, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by jamis_cm View Post
    Considering the difficultly I am having just getting the latest version of MMI software on my car to fix some bugs, I would be surprised if Audi was interested in updating older models with new features.
    Car makers should take a lesson from Apple and design their hardware and software so that they can develop updates which are compatible with cars up to 6 years old. As your car gets older it would no longer be able to take advantage of all of the new features but you would still get navigation updates and some new features over a reasonable life span. I think this approach would make owners more loyal to the brand. The problem with this approach is that the marketing types have to agree that this is good for them in the long term. I think that now they think that withholding features shortens the upgrade cycle forcing people to purchase new cars to get new features. Personally I think that Appleís growth proves them wrong, loyal customers and good products are what make money.

  16. #16
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    407861
    Location
    Toronto, Canada

    Bump?

  17. #17
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    As of right now there is no new information on Android Auto/Apple Carplay being introduced for 2016 and older model year vehicles. If that changes, I will be sure to let everyone know promptly.

    Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  18. #18
    Active Member One Ring jasemccarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    405269
    Location
    CO

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    As of right now there is no new information on Android Auto/Apple Carplay being introduced for 2016 and older model year vehicles. If that changes, I will be sure to let everyone know promptly.

    Thank you,
    Audi fail.

    My A3 Cabrio is already worth less than I owe on it. Pretty certain Iíll never throw money away on an Audi again.

  19. #19
    Active Member Two Rings greatgretsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04 2018
    AZ Member #
    421786
    Location
    Toronto ON Canada

    Really? The best policy is to be straight up. If there are no plans to do it, then pass on that information. It is a business decision. As consumers, we can base our future buying decisions on our assessment of whether we think the business decisions taken by our preferred supplier are aligned with our idea of partnership and value.

    Sent from my BBB100-1 using Audizine mobile app

  20. #20
    Active Member Two Rings rdf5186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2019
    AZ Member #
    461055
    Location
    Maryland

    As a new 2015 Audi S3 owner CPO w/17000 miles on it I must say I bought this car for the performance.

    It is the P+ with BO sound system with non-navigation.

    The only thing I can complain about is the absence of a updated MMI.

    My 13 Altima has a more adaptive MMI (CarPlay) then my Audi...

    I wish I could use my IPhone in my Audi with a CarPlay feature, I canít even view my messages or be notified of messages when connected to the car.

    I know this is a ongoing complaint ....

    I have even considered the cost of buying a used system out of a newer Audi to swap into mine so I can atleast have the Audi Connect and message function...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 10 2019
    AZ Member #
    461747
    Location
    Albuquerque

    Hi. New to forum, and this topic caught my eye as I just bought a CPO 2016 S3 and CarPlay is what I miss most. I was able to put it in my 2003 A4 that I had for years. Would really like to have it again as itís voice control is much more streamlined, easier to use, and Iíd even say safer to use because it requires less steps than Audiís voice control. Please help, Audi. Thank you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  22. #22
    Active Member Two Rings rdf5186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2019
    AZ Member #
    461055
    Location
    Maryland

    Help AUDI USA


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by rdf5186 View Post
    Help AUDI USA


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hello everyone,

    At this stage I am documenting your feedback and sharing it with the appropriate parties. I understand how valuable Apple Carplay/Android Auto can be for your ownership experience and will do my best to amplify your feedback.

    Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  24. #24
    Active Member Two Rings rdf5186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2019
    AZ Member #
    461055
    Location
    Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hello everyone,

    At this stage I am documenting your feedback and sharing it with the appropriate parties. I understand how valuable Apple Carplay/Android Auto can be for your ownership experience and will do my best to amplify your feedback.

    Thank you,

    Thanks for taking the time to address our issues.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Active Member Two Rings rdf5186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2019
    AZ Member #
    461055
    Location
    Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hello everyone,

    At this stage I am documenting your feedback and sharing it with the appropriate parties. I understand how valuable Apple Carplay/Android Auto can be for your ownership experience and will do my best to amplify your feedback.

    Thank you,
    My other complaint is that my MMI version wonít allow me to view my messages on the screen. This really should just be a software upgrade ...... I love my S3 but the cost isnít commensurate with tech advancements.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #26
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Feb 22 2019
    AZ Member #
    456162
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    Audi will never issue an update.. why would they?

    The maps run $285 and require a trip to the dealership (+$200) for a total outlay of about $500 every 6 months (if you wanted the latest and greatest)

    You can try boxes from China (don't recommend) or do what I did...

    There is a posting on the C7 forum where you can flash a different firmware to the car and get it activated that way.. total outlay for me was $150

    Here is the link: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...rPlay-actived!

    You get CarPlay and Android Auto

  27. #27
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    407861
    Location
    Toronto, Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by whatsamattau447 View Post
    Audi will never issue an update.. why would they?

    The maps run $285 and require a trip to the dealership (+$200) for a total outlay of about $500 every 6 months (if you wanted the latest and greatest)

    You can try boxes from China (don't recommend) or do what I did...

    There is a posting on the C7 forum where you can flash a different firmware to the car and get it activated that way.. total outlay for me was $150

    Here is the link: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...rPlay-actived!

    You get CarPlay and Android Auto
    What car did you get it for? SQ5?

    Sent from my SM-G970W using Audizine mobile app

  28. #28
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Feb 22 2019
    AZ Member #
    456162
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    I have a 2016 A6 (C7.5) all the hardware is there.. its just AOA not wanting to issue a firmware update.

  29. #29
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    407861
    Location
    Toronto, Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by whatsamattau447 View Post
    I have a 2016 A6 (C7.5) all the hardware is there.. its just AOA not wanting to issue a firmware update.
    Would it work with any other model? Sq5? Q5? A5? B8.5 generation

    Sent from my SM-G970W using Audizine mobile app

  30. #30
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Feb 22 2019
    AZ Member #
    456162
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    I donít know.. the C7.5 I think was one of the first to have USB and LTE modem in the car.. MIB 2 Platform?

    All I know for sure is 2016 A6 and A7 family of cars can get upgraded

  31. #31
    Active Member Two Rings greatgretsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04 2018
    AZ Member #
    421786
    Location
    Toronto ON Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hello everyone,

    At this stage I am documenting your feedback and sharing it with the appropriate parties. I understand how valuable Apple Carplay/Android Auto can be for your ownership experience and will do my best to amplify your feedback.

    Thank you,
    Now that there is a 3rd party option to get carplay and android auto activated on 2016, can Audi just fess up and give us a firmware update? He asked, respectfully.

    Sent from my BBB100-1 using Audizine mobile app

  32. #32
    Active Member Two Rings rdf5186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2019
    AZ Member #
    461055
    Location
    Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by whatsamattau447 View Post
    Audi will never issue an update.. why would they?

    The maps run $285 and require a trip to the dealership (+$200) for a total outlay of about $500 every 6 months (if you wanted the latest and greatest)

    You can try boxes from China (don't recommend) or do what I did...

    There is a posting on the C7 forum where you can flash a different firmware to the car and get it activated that way.. total outlay for me was $150

    Here is the link: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...rPlay-actived!

    You get CarPlay and Android Auto
    Nice.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  33. #33
    Active Member Two Rings rdf5186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2019
    AZ Member #
    461055
    Location
    Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by greatgretsch View Post
    Now that there is a 3rd party option to get carplay and android auto activated on 2016, can Audi just fess up and give us a firmware update? He asked, respectfully.

    Sent from my BBB100-1 using Audizine mobile app
    I respectfully reiterate your request! Help us out AoA!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  34. #34
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Hello,

    At this stage I do not have any new information on an update being released, I will continue to keep close tabs on the issue.

    Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  35. #35
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 31 2019
    AZ Member #
    469459
    My Garage
    2015 Mercedes GL450
    Location
    Alaska

    New owner if a 2016 Q5 here.

    Please add me to the list of owners who would be willing to pay a reasonable upgrade fee to get Android Auto (and less importantly) Apple CarPlay functionality added.

    Thank you.

    Kevin

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Audizine mobile app

  36. #36
    Active Member One Ring Thatthing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13 2019
    AZ Member #
    473863
    Location
    Seattle

    Quote Originally Posted by au_k9 View Post
    New owner if a 2016 Q5 here.

    Please add me to the list of owners who would be willing to pay a reasonable upgrade fee to get Android Auto (and less importantly) Apple CarPlay functionality added.

    Thank you.

    Kevin

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Audizine mobile app
    +1 Just got a 2016 S3, would definitely pay for this functionality from Audi.

    2016 Audi S3 monsoon gray metallic

  37. #37
    Active Member Two Rings rdf5186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2019
    AZ Member #
    461055
    Location
    Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Thatthing View Post
    +1 Just got a 2016 S3, would definitely pay for this functionality from Audi.

    2016 Audi S3 monsoon gray metallic
    Me too!


    Unfortunately I donít think Audi is concerned with past models only future ones


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  38. #38
    Active Member Two Rings rdf5186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2019
    AZ Member #
    461055
    Location
    Maryland

    Sure would love Audi Connect atleast ...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  39. #39
    Active Member One Ring Thatthing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13 2019
    AZ Member #
    473863
    Location
    Seattle

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hello,

    At this stage I do not have any new information on an update being released, I will continue to keep close tabs on the issue.

    Thank you,
    Hey just curious if there were any updates on this? Been almost 2 months, kinda jealous of my friend's beamer getting constant updates...

    2016 Audi S3 monsoon gray metallic

  40. #40
    Senior Member Two Rings ClaudeG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 27 2017
    AZ Member #
    400178
    Location
    North Hollywood

    I agree... Come on AoA ... my mom has a Hyundai Sonata and they issued an update for CarPlay on the car, free of charge that I was able to do for her at home.

    I understand that everyone is different, but this shouldn't be an issue when so many of the Audis with MMI already have CarPlay.

    Update would be great! Would it help if we all start barraging Audi Customer Service with calls? I am sure a lot of people would call! haha.
    2016 S6 Prestige, Sepang Blue, Black Optics, Lunar Silver Interior, Sport Package, Resonator Delete, Replaced mid muffler w X-Pipe | Lowered via OBDEleven | JL Audio XD7005V2 | JL Audio 10"W3 | deAutoLED LED Interior Lights & Strip in trunk | Hard wired Dash Cam | Black Emblems

    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN 2017 A6 3.0 Prestige, Brilliant Black, Black Optics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2019 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.